So what the fuck were his “powers” in the first two movies? Was he just a fucking battery?

So what the fuck were his “powers” in the first two movies? Was he just a fucking battery?

Attached: E1808762-4C7E-49AB-BCB9-7E84DD5795C5.jpg (725x1088, 165K)

What movies? Fantastic Four haven’t appeared on the big screen yet, silly gooose.

LA LA LA LA LA CANT HEAR YOU

The power of having the 2nd worst design in comic book movie history (Doom also holds the #1 spot).

Attached: Dooomachev.jpg (600x308, 18K)

Looks like he's got some goodley eyes in that pic.

As bad as the first two movies were they at least got the family part right about the characters. Ben and Susie worked well together.

looks like a CW villain, and not even a main season villain but more like the one that gets rolled on in the first 10 minutes

The first Doom was okay honestly. I liked the final fight scene. The second Doom wasn’t Doom, it was OC. That’s how ba dot was.

Even when Doom loses he wins

First Doom had powers for some reason. He could like absorb electricity and store it? It was bizarre.

He could manipulate electricity, his body transmuted into some extremely durable metal (vibranium, adamantium, whatever), and he gained at least a small amount of physical strength. I'm guessing some slightly healing factor too, since he was brought back by some dope who chiselled away melted solder at his joints.

Oh, and apparently he lost all genitals. Torch melts him, and it's just a bump down them.

I hate what they did to Dr Doom.

At least it was science and high scribe aka magic and not being a terrorist hacker.

We all do. It wasn’t just Doom though. Both movies in general were terrible. Remember that forced artificial rivalry between Ben and Johnny? I am still salty about that. Believe in MCU as the saviour.

Doom’s powers are just hard to understand and display unless you have an established universe. He’s pretty much Iron Man with Doctor Strange magic.

At least he wasn't a giant space cloud.

This was the fucking worse, I was legit upset even as a kid.

Attached: C79D4945-B0F6-4CBF-9269-5E2053BA0D41.png (480x610, 408K)

remember Lizard from Amazing Spider-Man

His face reminds me of donald duck for some reason

Questionable design aside, he was good.

His "plan" was retarded.

Not really.

The highlight of the movies was Ben. Great actor for him with what he was given and I love the practical suit. While the suit didn't look great it looked real and a little comic booky unlike the new one.

I'MMA GONNA TURN EVERYONE INTO LIZARDS

Yeah it was stupid.

That's his endgame in half of the stories he appeared, and made sense in context.

Shut up, at least he wasn't trying to exterminate everyone because "REPTILE MASTER RACE".
He wanted everyone to join him in the sun.

I gotta say it. aside from doom, there was NOTHING wrong with this movie

Attached: fantastic four 2005.jpg (529x800, 199K)

sue didnt show off her body enough. major flaw.

NO APOLOGIES

Dude, she stripped naked, what the hell else do you want?

The bottoms of her feet.

>We need to sneak over there.
>Sue take off your clothes.
>Oh no, we can still see you.
>Okay, now we'll just pick up your clothes and walk over there anyway.

I want to fuck Jessica Alba too, but come on guys. There had to be a better way to show her in her panties.

living metal body that can survive super heating and massive blunt force trauma and absorb electricity and discharge it in arcs

the comic he is just really smart and has a suit that changes over the years. soem times its just a armor suit thats enchanted and other times its like ironmans suit sort of (believe thats only after iron mans armor suits schematics get leaked and bad guys with the suits are a dime a dozen for a while). also robot army and doom bots that confuse enemies and its a bit like zodiac from ghost rider where you beat dr doom oh wait its just a doom bot

MCU is boring
I'd rather them get a decent new book
current comic book movies suck, both dc and marvel ones

No, he was fucking awful,and his personality could have been interchangeable with literally any other villain, he lacked the plight and interesting characterizarion of the actual lizard, it pisses me off even more because he's my fav spidey villain

Surfer turned him sentient and living again, then fully transformed him into his human form. In the first film it was electricity based with technesis, in the second the book for the film states he has some magical properties and his technesis and electrical abilities. He also had a infinitely better costume in the Rise of the Silver Surfer and generally was more Doom in the novel of the book in some sense of the word.

Doom's tech is superior to stark's
Just a single doombot kicked the shit out of fucking silver surfer

Comic Accurate Doom would be incredibly hard to pull off, even in the MCU where you have magic established with Thor and Doctor Strange, but his legacy/rule over a country/Mechs would make him seem like Communist Doctor Stephen Stark. His motivation would also need updated, as Doom in a solo FF only works with the FF being involved in discovering a Doom plot, because lets face reality here, a leader of a country who has the brains to best the smartest people on Earth and is one of the most powerful magicians on earth just wanting to fuck up the lives of four people for personal reasons while very Stan/60s would just come across as incredibly stupid in this day. That's the one thing I'll give early Ultimate FF comics and the supposedly leaked/co post Trank situation of Doom leading a small group of homeless and free-state people, just made more sense that he'd run a autonomous collective group and not a nation that while totalitarian and essentially based on Serfdom is on par technologically with the most advanced in the world.

It was boring as fuck, there are like 3 scenes where they use their powers and one scene where they actually fight the villain. The rest of the movie was sitcom-tier family squabbling, which yeah is a big part of the FF, but it shouldn't dominate the whole damn movie.

It would of cured all human illness and improved physical health

Rise of The Cobra Surfer Doom was even worse they had a random fucking dragon on his suit for no reason

Doom takes over Sokovia after Ultron fucked it up and renames it Latveria because his dad told him that's what his people called it before they were forced out

That really pissed me off in the theater. Such a "fuck you" when you don't see it coming.

SEARCH YOUR EART PETAH PARKAH

Avengers use Vibranium vibrational attunement technology to go back into the past to do something regarding Thanos.

Doom decides he wants to use Vibranium to change things that happened historically in ways he thinks would be better and starts using time travel technology as well.

The Fantastic Four and others get upset about this and try to do things to change the changes Doom made.

I really liked Doom trying to steal Surfer's powers

I guess they just thought it was easier to give him powers the same way the FF did, rather than try to sell him as "what if Iron Man also practiced infernal sorcery?"

Remember, this was before the MCU. It was a different time for superhero movies.

Wouldn't be the best way, but would be one of the few that would feel semi-organic, although it seems unlikely we would ever see the FF in the MCU without a reboot or the idea that the FF were like Ant-Man and active heroes and somehow/some reason disappeared for a while before coming back. Personally I would be more pleased if Latveria existed and Doom ruled it like Wakanda and the FF disappeared into a parallel Dimension and it wasn't until after whatever fuckery the Thanos/Infinity War causes that brings them back and Doom becomes a larger player in taking down his enemy Richards while trying to take advantage of the post-Thanos landscape.

*blocks ur path*

Doom learns of what Killmonger did and is sympathetic towards some of his actions and he is inspired by it. He eventually time travels to the past constructs a technologically advanced region in Sakovia where many Rromani/'Gypsy' people such as himself, Jews, and some other historically oppressed people in Europe move to throughout history. He does various things throughout time to try to stop various things from happening in history such as trying to stop WW2, WW1, the Holocaust, death from the Chinese revolution, the Rwandan genocide, etc. He dislikes Black Panther and Wakandans in general for not doing things in the past to try to help with problems like the Rwandan genocide, WW2, WW1, etc. He goes back in time and changes some stuff that happened with Wakanda and takes a bunch of their Vibranium.

Some people like the UN get upset that this has happened, but can't stop him because after traveling through time he's made a big shielded nation similar to Wakanda that is hard to attack. The Fantastic Four and Black Panther decide to go back in time to try to change some things that Doom has changed. Eventually the time managers or whatever they are called from Avalon start showing up and people start interacting with them as well.

Attached: two kings and a kang.png (1308x674, 1.72M)

I always liked the idea that some user posted years ago where the MCU introduces the F4 by having their space experiment that gave them power happen during the kennedy era space race, and they just got lost in time and space until they pop back out in modern times. So you have Reed acting like he does because he just walked her straight from 'Father Knows Best' while also being kind of an arrogant dude himself anyway, with Sue embracing modern lifestyle and so on. The Thing becomes an internet celebrity and doesn't understand why, and Johnny keeps trying to act cool but it keeps not working out for him.

You do this after you retire Cap as a character so you don't have overlapping plotlines of 'dude/people from the past in the modern world'. Where Steve's perspective was one of patriotism having faded with time, F4's would be optimism. Reed and co want to know why the future isn' the Jetsons like they were promised, and Reed is convinced the future sucks because it didn't have him to make it awesome.

The name of the rocket that took them into space, and thus the capsule that crashed back to earth with our new heros, was from the Fantastic series of rockets. So when you get the in-universe headline that the mysteriously lost fourth rocket show sup out of nowhere, its actual name is Fantastic 4. So Fantastic 4 is the name of the rocket, and sort of becomes the name of the team by happy accident because that's what everyone calls them.

this is too good.

He's getting his own movie. I hope he gets the one that he deserves
MCU wasn't always. They started pumping out too much movies and now they've become "adam sandler" tier. Does anyone legitimately care about Ant-man an wasp or captan marvel post infinity war ?

I don't. Too much hype for infinity war and after that the steam will run out.

Not bad.

Yeah I agree with you that after infinity war they'll run out of steam. I'm sure the actors are getting tired of the movies as well. Captain marvel in particular got revealed way too late

I don't even like f4 but this would be a great way to introduce them. A very interesting new concept for the characters while staying faithful to the source material.

I loved the first fantastic 4 movie as a kid. I had all the action figures and doom was by far the coolest

The movie itself wasn't bad, if you look at as a younger person-targeted superhero movie

It's not the disaster artist or something, it's a typical superhero action movie.

They actually had some friendship in RotSS, to my surprise.
Rewatched them last month.

That whole rocket idea being the team name is fucking brilliant. I'm not sure if normal audiences would get behind having the FF be from the past (I mean, I love it, but even then I'm not on board 100%), but it works.

>I'm not sure if normal audiences would get behind having the FF be from the past
There's enough time dickery in the X-men movies that I think they could handle it.

This is my biggest complaint about all 3 of the FF movies, that they keep giving Doom some weird fucking powers to make him threatening, instead of having his mind and how smart he is being what's threatening.

I recently watched all three of the movies this weekend for the first time and I don't understand what happened to the 2015 one.
The movie goes nowhere until the last 20 minutes where they rush to the ending.

Oh come on, there are way worse than 2005 Doom.

Attached: file.png (590x1000, 963K)

If I recall correctly, in this pitch Doom and Reed never met in the past but Doom was basing a lot of his work on Reed's research and its Doom doing stuff at the same time as the space experiment that screws over both of their work that flings them through time.

Which is great because Doom was using his superscience ritual to make his armor and imbue it with space magic power so he could free Latveria from tyranny and accomplish his lifelong goal of revenge, only to suddenly find out that was decades ago and he missed his chance. Decades of oppression happened because he wasn't there to stop it and the country was eventually rolled over by the changing political landscape anyway. I think it became Sokovia? I forget.

So you have this dynamic where Doom and Reed first meet with this shared common goal of going back into the past and fixing shit and building a 'better' future, until they realize that they can't and Doom flips his shit that the Fantastic 4 ruined everything for him. Reed sees it as Doom fucking up HIS experiment, and Dooms sees it as RICHARDS having cost his people everything. And then they have a really angry personal fight before Doom stomps off to take over LATVERIA and bring them the prosperity that he always meant to.

Doom failed Latveria once, because of fucking Reed Richards. And he will correct that mistake, better late than never.

With the stinger being Doom already in power in Latveria after a hostile takeover, and being asked by his newly appointed ministers how he expects one man to run a country out of the blue like that. Doom responds that Doom is more than just one man, unveiling the first Doombot protoype based on hydrabot/ultronbot tech left in Sokovia but enhanced by Doom.

I'll bump this shit just to call you a retard.