What's with the artists in the current industry feeling the need to deflect & damage control all criticism on Twitter...

What's with the artists in the current industry feeling the need to deflect & damage control all criticism on Twitter with these immature, exaggerated drawings?

Attached: 1521303954876.png (606x530, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

owner-of-wendys.tumblr.com/post/126101296369/spotlight-on-justin-nichols?is_related_post=1
youtube.com/watch?v=pOtmdHiCJNY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because people of today can't take criticism.

Manchildren who can't handle anything but headpats and praise.

Did someone say "Frank Cho"

Cause they all have thin skin and high opinions of themselves

Now the reason they're all like that is the mystery we gotta solve

Don't beats me Massa!

That isn’t damage control. That’s just immaturity within the professional field. You only ever see artists do this because all artists are immature by nature.

"We're industry animators and you're not" gives you the high ground, clearly

Attached: back to NeoGaf.gif (500x500, 779K)

>openly bragging about incompetence and lack of standards

How are these people not fired?

America and Canada have no standards, unlike Japan and Europe animation.

This is something that ONLY seems to affect CN artists and I'm not sure why.

Attached: 3534532523534.png (594x944, 404K)

Attached: 1521303217754.png (540x2709, 419K)

what if you don't get ANY attention?

wow, all i want to do is punch this faggot in his chubby fucking face, so damn hard.

fucking shut up!

They have never heard the word "no"

CN only hires people who have graduated college. Mystery solved.

Would you believe there are a ton of people out there who agree with him and respect his opinion on the matter?

Attached: 655764575745765.png (1222x1120, 271K)

...but shouldn't the fact that he acknowledges his mistakes and pokes fun at it mean that he's taking it well? It's not like he's boohooing over people complaining. I don't really watch steven universe, but I feel like this thread is a sign is willing to dig for reasons to shit on the creators to the point we're accusing them of not taking criticism. Wew.

Silly user, it doesn't count if the person has opinions you agree with. That makes them le epic based absolute madmen instead.

No, it doesn't count when its about ass

Yes

whining on twitter about being criticised is not taking criticism well

I thought this was genuinely funny, while also acknowledging his shit art on the show.

I think you guys are extremely autistic if you can't take this as anything but an attack on your sophisticated criticism of children's cartoons.

>last night's episode of SU

Why are you trying to stir up shit with a post from 5 years ago?

In any society you've basically got four social castes among the working population: The working class (laborers, tradesmen, industrial or agricultural workers), the middle class (office workers, middle-management, merchants, etc), the upper class (academia, law, medicine, technical fields), and the artisan class (writers, musicians, artists, etc).

As far as the first three go, Millenials aren't really that different from any other generation, if anything I'd say they're a little more robust than their counterparts in Generation X or the Boomer generation if simply for the fact that they entered the work force during a difficult economic period and kind of had to learn how to succeed and carve a niche for themselves with very little help from their peers (I hope my generation will be as ambitious in this regard).

The fourth group, the artisans, on the other hand, came into their own in a culture which treated 'creatives' like special little snowflakes - no harsh criticism was allowed in music, art, or writing workshops and everyone had to be told that their lump of crap was just as good and profound as everyone else's. As a consequence, the creatives of this generation are some of the most thin-skinned and easily offended of any in modern history. They can't take criticism, constructive or otherwise, and attack critics with vitriol, venom, and vigor.

>...but shouldn't the fact that he acknowledges his mistakes and pokes fun at it mean that he's taking it well?

You are shockingly bad at reading comprehension.

i believe it but that doesn't make it any less retarded

What are they upset about.

Some people on this board insist on having an antagonistic relationship with all creators, construing everything like this as slights against them

That's actually not true. Amber Rogers was hired early on in the show because she made a lot of popular fanart. She didn't go to art school/college.

>comparing these childish tantrums in the face of technical criticism to Frank Cho defending himself from hateful censors

You both need to be killed in an extremely humiliating and painful fashion.

he's not wrong, you know.

wow you have a really long phone

>people on this board think they aren't poking fun at themselves

Attached: 1519619903174.jpg (356x389, 74K)

It's not substandard if your company actively encourages this practice. CN likes to cut corners, everyone knows that.

yes because minions was truly a miracle

Frank Cho's a bigger baby than any of these twitter fucks. His schtick got old after the first couple ass drawings.

Well I guess the guy who's currently running Clarence lied.

meanwhile at disney...

owner-of-wendys.tumblr.com/post/126101296369/spotlight-on-justin-nichols?is_related_post=1

Attached: justinnichols.gif (480x360, 584K)

He's not acknowledging his mistake. He's dismissing his mistake. I cannot even begin to fathom how fucking retarded you children must be to not grasp this. I need to stop coming here, it is genuinely painful to interact with you subhumans. All I ever wanted was to watch and enjoy cartoons and discuss them with something resembling a human being.

>is literally joking about there mistake
Why is the intelligence level of Sup Forums dropping like a sack of rocks? Can nobody detect sarcasm anymore?

Point me to one (1) instance of Frank Cho reacting poorly to legitimate criticism, and not some stupid smelly whore or numale whining that he drew a hot girl.

The reasons:
-"Artsy" people are sensitive to begin with
-People in general are more sensitive to criticism because everything has to be liked by everyone now
-The artists usually come from "higher education" aka college so they were likely coddled
-Social media gives an inflated sense of importance
-Interacting too closely with your own fan base. Sometimes it's better to keep your distance so you stay in control of your creations.
-They're millennials
-Modern artists subscribe to the "muh subjectivity" notion that everything is OK, which is a cop out for criticisms

dead show

>OUTRAGE!

he's the biggest baby of them all.

Manchildren who whine about cartoons deserves to be mocked.

i don't know who any of these fucking people are because i'm a grown man and don't watch cartoons but it's called a "joke"

>Interacting too closely with your own fan base.
that's all that needed to be said. Twitter was a good idea but absolutely shit without proper regulation. If they meet fans in person at a convention, they'll be much more receptive and less likely to walk away with bad feelings.

>He's not acknowledging his mistake. He's dismissing his mistake
Wrong. He literally admitted he drew the hair incorrectly
I need to stop coming here, it is genuinely painful to interact with you subhumans.
Good. Back to plebbit you go.

Attached: 1521333151361.jpg (1024x768, 134K)

Oh so you admit you have no idea wtf you're talking about, good, thanks for your input retard.

the america map mouth is a little funny though you gotta admit

Dude, he's being sarcastic. Go read the rest of the posts around that. He understands there was criticism in how he drew the hair, but he doesn't think what he did was wrong; he's mocking the people who told him what he did was wrong.

The America mouth gag is hilarious. I wish they would work to make the actual show that funny.

No, he didn't. He was literally being sarcastic in response to people saying he drew their hair too big.
Not being able to understand sarcasm is a sign of autism.

I'm not shitting on someone who trolls that beautifully

Nice Samsung Supercluster there mate

But if I told this faggot that it's a miracle that the Bible, written by over 50 different authors over the course of a thousand years, is full of internal consistency and is one of the worlds most natural progressions of narrative when the books are put together chronologically by time of writing, he'd say I was full of shit!
Or if I explained how carpentry works and construction and all the tricks of the trade that make blue collar jobs ten thousand times more "miraculous" than cartooning, he'd scoff like a little bitch.

It's not a "miracle" that a group of retards got together and made a bad cartoon. Get your dick out of your mouth.

What happened to the chain smoking draughtsman that was the pillar of the animation industry?

>there

Attached: 1446882723147.jpg (851x761, 100K)

>anything that takes collaboration is a miracle

I mean, I agree but.

Attached: 1506120171937.gif (416x314, 578K)

thats some valid criticism, i gave my musician friend some honest criticism but he couldn't handle it. in retrospect it was rude of me to say the things i said but that didn't make them any less true. hes still working at a pizza place alongside some of my old friends

I want to see the tiny hairs from the episode.

>What's with the artists in the current industry
Let's cut the shit there's only one group of people doing this and it's everyone involved with Steven Universe. I don't what it is about that show that attracted so many manchild artists and storyboarders but there you go.
People could never take criticism

>...but shouldn't the fact that he acknowledges his mistakes and pokes fun at it mean that he's taking it well?
That`s what people like that must believe, yes.

Oh man the miracle of ‘I will work for you for money’

Speaking as an artist who mostly does freelance stuff, I don't really value the opinion of other artists outside of super technical things about technique. A lot of them back in art school really were hyper sensitive or had glaring personality issues. I'm finding as I get older obsessing with the approval of other artists is a very sophmoric thing.

At the end of the day as an artist you aren't building things for your clique or some critic. You're making it for members of the general population who either don't have a liberal or fine arts degree, or if they do it's in a mostly unrelated field. The opinion of Joe Blow on the street is thus more valuable once you know what you're doing because it's closer to how your end product will be viewed in the field.

Stop pretending to be me

It would be IF Lamar planned on getting better as an artist.

But he does not, so.

Attached: 264464c4.jpg (544x249, 50K)

The thing about big company artists is they're the people who want to work for (specific company) because that's how they grew up, and refuse to realize that in most cases the pay is shit, hours are long, and the job isn't that great. Cartoon Network is just the most visible because most of its top talent walked off like five years ago and they're the cheapest and lowest rated network consistently. The people there are the bottom rung of the tv scene.

my friend was trying to be the next ed sheeran but his songs were horrible to listen too. i dont know anything about music criticism but they were just too damn cringy to listen too

Id like to be a writer some day and ive flirted with the idea of writing comics but that shit is really hard. I can freewrite on a page with ideas ive had in my head but when it comes to comics i need to look at the layouts, transition my thoughts and such, and also created writing that isnt trash

they do this just to trigger you

you make a million threads a day about this, it's pretty funny how bothered you get

We're not playing this game user,only one of us has an autistic obsession with the correct waifu, and I bet my left shoe lace that you don't even have my signed waifu chart, now let these kind anons carry on with there e celeb drama thread and be done with it.

Attached: 1506194768422.jpg (228x211, 7K)

The thing is if you want to be a writer just look at examples of the format and just write.

I remember when I started getting into media I realized most scripts and production drawings were garbage anyway and it was the most liberating experience of my career. If you even do a test for somewhere like Telltale games you can almost feel the smug self satisfaction radiating off the page. If you work on an average film or tv set those scripts are usually weekly drivel thrown together on a schedule so they aren't the next great American work waiting to happen. I've seen fucking stupid writers get work pretty fast just because they have a half decent content and there's always a producer looking.

Just figure out your format and go with it. Once you know how something is done the actual creative shit is easy.

"Outrage" is directly taking the piss out of Spider-Gwen's creator, who got triggered over Cho drawing her in the Manara pose, ie not a legitimate criticism, roastie.

Lol tripfaggots gonna trip

>they draw a silly little thing
>you're the one in a spluttering rage about how they're immature and doing 'damage control'

Have you considered that it is in fact you who are the snowflake

real mature of cho.

Wait you're upset that some artist made joke picture replies on Twitter?
This is literally taking their trolling serious.

Don't you have something better to do than troll on Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=pOtmdHiCJNY

Better dead than a zombie like Shitter Universe

Why are you guys doing this? I don't have a trip

Attached: 1520866506031.gif (480x270, 3.2M)

quit being jealous

Attached: 1521027288157.jpg (646x351, 30K)

Attached: 1521004083318.png (579x800, 115K)

That's because they're all sheep or they don't want to ruin their chances of getting in the industry

>Artist refuses to accept technical criticism.

This is the sign of someone with a fragile ego. NEVER at any point can you deflect technical criticism as an artist.

You can argue intent, you can argue style, but you can not argue your poor technical skills.

And as much as the SU crew pretend to want open styles, Lack of cohesion to storyboards is a lack of technical skill.

>Bible...is full of internal consistency
I should have stopped reading there

I don't know, I'm kind of digging the pomopadour Lapis has going on.

Good question for yourself
>Sup Forums files
I've never used them lurk more.

Attached: 1512241993333.jpg (1509x843, 110K)

>Bible
>Consistent and natural progression

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>9 months
>11 minutes

Attached: 55B6333C-4C4E-4B69-A994-A19A0227172C.png (556x548, 317K)

>That's not close to what he was saying
That was exactly what he was saying, what the hell?

Hey, it's okay. Sup Forums gets off-model bullshit too.

Attached: Gohan 2v1 Namekians.webm (600x360, 2.51M)

I don't watch Dragon Ball, what's the problem here?

Yes you should respect the dude harassing you for ruining his "baby", literally two characters fused together.

Do you define Ken Penders when people make fun of him in their art too?

It's not a joke, it's passive agressiveness that's hiding their true feelings. Owen Dennis made a similar image a month ago about "bean mouths" and when he got rid of the sarcastic filter we got this post this week:

it's off-model, albeit way better animated than anything CN's produced lately

The thing about off model is going off model used to be about pushing a gag with a specific expression or animation to underline the gag or sequence. But it's just to emphasize an individual storyboarders style now.

This is important because it stops the drawing from being about the show, and now it's about the guy drawing the drawing. But the audience doesn't give a fuck about the guy drawing the storyboard. They care about the show.

>if it was so smart, why is it dead?

Attached: jokes.png (1366x768, 554K)

Because most of them are webcomic/deviantart/tumblr creatures who are used to living in bubbles where they control discourse and everyone largely jerks them off. Same with coming from art schools. They lack any sense of humility and see criticism (even meanspirited criticism) not as motivation to get better but as something that must be combated because their ego has been bruised.

Indeed many of these people do not feel that they should get better. Why should they when drawing nice pinups on tumblr or having the right friends means you can get a job in comics or animation easy? The animation studios themselves lack any true leadership or taskmaster to make sure that things are up to par and it's all just laissez faire "yeah do whatever, have fun" hijinks for them.