Do people hate heavy metal? The '81 movie has less than 2 stars on Netflix

Do people hate heavy metal? The '81 movie has less than 2 stars on Netflix.

Attached: metal.jpg (1200x630, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XYW4KuVk9gg
youtube.com/watch?v=AFO4UNhXYIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Netflix
>stars

Thought Netflix dropped them to shake Sup Forums off.

My dad does at least. It's apparently the only movie he ever walked out of

Netflix ratings shouldn't be followed.

Heavy Metal is fucking awesome.

Captain Stern is the best part.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x694, 78K)

I didn't like it. I thought it was juvenile and boring. The animation is the only thing that's good but you have to put it up with a lot of dumb shit just to get there

Heavy Metal is fucking awesome.

Not in Canada

fucking great. my dad rented it for me and my stepbrothers as almost a rite of passage when I was 14 or so.
you could almost see the different parts of his upbringing wrestling with each other. On the way home from the video store he was like "I mean, there's.. yknow, like one BRIEF scene of some cartoon boobies in it. But it's this really badass awesome movie with great music. you're gonna love it"
and then we watch and he's like "Huh I didn't.. remember.. there was this much.. ehh anyway that dragon thing is so cool, right?"

>peoples voice of criticism is now censored so they can hide their eyes from the fact that people dont like forced politics
I knew giving people too much leniency politically would eventually kill our creative freedom.

Attached: 1A3907E5-7DB6-4E7A-9DE9-8306D6E87350.jpg (600x600, 40K)

There are a lot of boobies. And distinctly drawn nipples.

>My dad does at least. It's apparently the only movie he ever walked out of
Lol, did he ever talk about why
Your dad sounds awesome. I saw this as a teen and i thought it was fucking great
>you could almost see the different parts of his upbringing wrestling with each other.
Explain

Any link for the 2000 one?

The only saving grace of heavy metal 2000 is that there's a kmfdm song in there. And even then it's an mdfmk song. youtu.be/XYW4KuVk9gg

is the netflix version a weird cut?

It's not a very good film. It has entertaining parts, but it's ultimately an anthology film and is only as good as its weak segments, which outnumber it's good ones.

I don't think so. It seems the same to me.

Fuck HM2K. I was so disappointed in it. Soundtrack is okay though.

The roar of the masses could be farts

Oh look, someone else who actually watched the whole film. Didn't expect to see that in this thread.

Neat.

Did just one of the segments air separately on TV or something? I thought everyone watched the whole thing.

Yeah, it's terrible. Like I said, there's an OK song in there. Also the scene where the blob monster pretends he can get the hero girl over the river of acid for a kiss and dies horribly but doesn't give a fuck was OK.

How are politics "forced" when the creators are putting them in by themselves

Because they are hacks pushing in their beliefs into a story, poorly might i add.

Writers putting their beliefs into their own stories?!

Who has ever heard of such a thing?!

Theirs a difference when they have bat shit beliefs and they ruin the story, idiot

It's OK, the soundtrack is great and it has some amazing visuals but overall it's just kind of boring.

>bat shit beliefs

*opinions*

>and they ruin the story

*more opinions*

We had it on VHS back in the day and my dad had all of us watch it at some point. It was like a rite if passage
I personally like it, I think its one of those movies everyone should see because its got a little something good for everyone to appreciate
>nice animation
>good soundtrack
>interesting and weird stories
>Boobies and other light sexual situations

Even when seeing it as a six year old it kinda introduced me to fascination with the female form. And from then I started to notice the beauty of women instead of just the kindly mother figures

And saying things like america is bad is somehow not a universal opinion? Fucking idiot.

nope, it's one of my favorites.

Anyone here played Heavy Metal Geomatrix for the Dreamcast and arcade?

IT'S A ONE WAY TICKET TO MIDNIGHT!

I thought Netflix stars were telling you how much you might like something. It might be two stars for you but, five for someone else.

If you are signed in I am pretty sure (maybe wrong) the stars are based on what IT thinks you want, not the average.

This user I'd right.

Movies aren't ranked on quality but rather how much they think you would like it

Also related to thread movie is worth watching for animation. But as the user up there said a lot of its segments are really weak. I especially dislike the ending segment which is iconic I know, but it goes on forever and I am just never invested in it. Also the ending is just....Jesus Christ.

i love that line
i'll never understand what the fuck it means

The film's a real sliding scale of quality. Some of the segments are great (Cyberpunk Taxi Driver, Captain Stern, and The Zombie B-17), and others are mediocre to boring (The alien stoners, the final segment). The film was apparently supposed to be a lot more interconneted and complex, but a rushed production forced them to hand the segments off to different animation studios and turn it in to an anthology, and it shows.

What are it's weak segments?

I absolutely love it just for the sake of soundtrack, but it aged badly, like, really badly. The South Park episodes that parodies it has better animation than the original

>The '81 movie has less than 2 stars on Netflix.

nignog who da FUCK gives a shit about netflix and its lukewarm shows

Heaby Metal is still better than most of their shit

Attached: 1494268806312.png (203x231, 4K)

CALLED
Great job user, I was actually listening to this song while reading the thread and had this exact line come up while I was reading your post

I should probably watch it some time but I was never really old enough for Heavy Metal to act as a rite of passage or at least never cared enough about it. By the time I got to 13 or 14 and started seeing the more schlocky animation it was shit like Wicked City and Heavy Metal just doesn't really feel like it can compare.

heh, I got you beat. I watched it when I was about 10. I was at a sleep over and watching YTV. my older cousin had fallen asleep and I just stayed up until 2 AM watching tv. First Vampire Hunter D came on and blew my mind with the violence. Then Heavy Metal came on and smashed my brain to fucking shrapnel. I had no clue animation could do that kind of stuff. That's when I fell in love with animation

The stars don’t aggregate ratings, they’re predictive to your tastes.
Based on what you watch and what ratings you give, it shows a rating that tries to guess what you’d give it.
It’s an antiquated system and most modern devices you rate movies thumbs up or down and Netflix shows you a percentage match instead.

The movie is...ok. It's nothing great like the original but it had some fun stuff. Also, the Pantera song was good as well youtube.com/watch?v=AFO4UNhXYIQ

STEEEEEEERRRRRRRNNNNNNNN

Shut up Sup Forums. You are the ones who forces "politics" into everything.

>”WAAHHH A BIG CORPORATION WONT LET MY RAMPANT AUTISM CUT INTO THEIR PROFITS!”

Are you the same person who asserts nothing bad can be said about Black Panther because RT blocked your raids?

>criticism

It’s one thing if you 1 Star and move on. It’s a completely different thing when you make it an autistic coordinated attack with your fellow Sup Forumsacks. It’s not a fair representation of the movie/show at that point. The general populace is fine with it but it has a low score because a small minority of autists don’t like it.

Millennials watched it and got offended that it objectified women

>t. Gen Z

>people rating something they don't like low isn't fair

It’s like you mentally blocked out the message of my post.

Are you actually retarded?

Wouldn't wanna be in that guys shoes. He looks like he's about to be in the power of Stardust.

Great movie, sure it's got some weak segments and scenes spliced here and there, but I believe it's worth seeing it just for the animation and themes alone!
If you guys are looking for another great animated anthology movie I highly suggest Allegro Non Troppo. Simply put, it's a marvelous masterpiece.

>not being allowed to give 1-star reviews on netflix has KILLED my creative freedom
Sup Forums always manages to win the dumbest comment on a thread

Attached: no hope left.jpg (766x960, 80K)

Can anyone give any reason besides "lol boobies"? Its an incredibly disjointed, juvenile thing otherwise.

Heavy Metal is a mess of a film but it's one with personality and a sense of earnestness.
Nothing like it had been attempted before or since to take the art styles of Moebius, Ploog, Wrightson, Corben, and others, and put them into one film.
Plus the soundtrack is a banger.

Attached: heavymetalstill1.png (704x384, 319K)

it's an anthology series like the magazine, and the theme was about the corruption of people. Some of the stories were better than others but as an over all theme it was a very enjoyable movie

>Netflix

Netflix is full of the stupidest most lowest common denominator normies who give shit reviews to anything animated, foreign or old. Any internet community that had anything to do with the popularity and positive reception of The OA, Stranger Things or Bright doesn't deserve to be acknowledged.

>implying this reply is pro /po/

I know a lot of people on here generally have poor reading comprehension but c'mon.

Best girl

Attached: czcz.png (960x520, 701K)

It's fucking awesome and has great music
If that's not enough to convince you to watch it then it's obviously not a film for you

Not even Sup Forums you sewage drinking shit head

The only thing about that movie that hasn't aged like shit is the music, which would count for something if I couldn't just look up the music on YouTube.

>WAHHHG STOP INSULTING MY BADLY MADE MOVIES
Kill yourself you dumb bitchs

>wht is Bright

Stop samefagging idiot

Bright was pretty well done though. It just took this world we already live in, put in fantasy races and exaggerated them.
The animation has a low frame rate but other than that it's great

>If you dislike stuff, that only means you're Sup Forums
How did things get like this? Are people just not allowed to say anything but 'yes' at everything?

It’s not a coherent story. It’s a bunch of fun short segments stitched together and marketed as a movie.

>hates anthologies
you are the reason comics are shit today

>purposely mass rating something you've likely never even watched with 1 stars because other people told you it doesn't agree with your political views
Think for yourself fag

Attached: samefagging.png (510x1499, 36K)

>Anthology film, rare in its own right
>Adult animation, also rare.
>Art style based on some of the greatest, most creative comic artists who've ever lived.
>Segments written by heavyweights like Dan O'Bannon.
>Balances horror and comedy, sex and adventure well, if in a juvenile way.
>Doesn't pretend to be deeper or more important than its "drug, sex and boobs" sci-fi adventures
>That soundtrack.

It's a unique film that gets points for its creativity and the risks it took, even if it doesn't do all of them as well as it could.

Sci-Fi these days tends to balance its level of invention and creativity with poncy pretenentiousness, see: Interstellar, Blade Runner 2049.

>pretenentiousness
I fucking hate this word in most context but this is the first time I have seen it used properly on Sup Forums Interstellar was garbage in the worse way and I went back and watch SG1's time dialation episode to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

But yeah, Heavy Metal was not trying to be deep or anything, it was an exploration of forms of art rarely seen.

Also, had some great voice acting

It’s not for everyone. As cool as some scenes are (that fucking bomber, man...) a lot of them, including the final segment the whole movie builds towards, aren’t that great. I’d still recommend it to people, but objectively speaking it’s not that great a movie.

That movie its not a thing that can be loved universally by all people, like Star Wars: ANH or E.T.

It's a very specific audience who will like it.

>”MOMMY THEYRE GANGING UP ON ME!”

I like it, but the lack of really attractive men keeps me from loving it.

Are you triggered, kid?

>did he ever talk about why
Only thing he says is that it was stupid
Only other thing I know is that he went on a date with someone before he met my mom and thought the only good thing was the soundtrack

Fucking always forget this movie has an A-List cast of Canadians.

>John Candy
>Eugene Levy
>Harold Ramis

Nigga every cartoon playing on CN and Nickelodeon is “juvenile”. Why bring it up now of all times?

I understand. By any logic this movie is terrible.

But

How can you hate Michael Ironside? You can't. It's just not possible.

Squidward's voice actor also did a voice in this thing.

Good soundtrack, a little surprised they didn't have any Judas Priest since they were at their peak back when it came out.

Yeah they should have swapped Exciter or something for that Jo*rney tune.

>Jo*rney
>heavy metal
Something does not compute here.

Millenial reviewers hate any old stuff from the 70s-80s unless it's Star Wars.

No, you have to have Open Arms.
If only because every time I show this movie to someone and they get to that scene, they're like "is that Open Arms?"

Attached: thelastsecondbeforeilostallhop.jpg (402x221, 15K)

Is this worth watching drunk?