Who can give me some examples where cartoons used art style clashes to add to horror elements?

Who can give me some examples where cartoons used art style clashes to add to horror elements?

Attached: 8525256.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zhrqiviOrwM
youtube.com/watch?v=lZ_2LK2lbxY
youtube.com/watch?v=6SL72a4CNz8
youtube.com/watch?v=TuPQHxA0TVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seahorse Seashell Party - Family guy jumped to mind pretty quick.

Attached: SSP09[1].jpg (550x400, 53K)

I really liked that segment.

Me too, actually. I mean, the concept was, "dude, drugs, wooooah" but the fact that they tried something new with the animation and art was fun and I wish they'd try that more often.

Yeah, and it actually managed to be somewhat creative in the scenes it showed.

Totally agreed.

Courage switched to CG a few times to make the villains disturbing. It's not an art style per se, but there you go.

I'd say that the "Perfect" episode of courage is a great example as well. Some of if is disturbing uncanny valley CG and some of it is claymation even. They switch art several times in that ep and it's really jarring. The best part is when there's no explanation given.

Attached: hqdefault[3].jpg (480x360, 10K)

uh like this? not really trying to be scary but following the dont hug me im scared vibe youtube.com/watch?v=zhrqiviOrwM

Jesus Christ.

Don't forget that creepy floating bald head.

This is a cartoon for children, right?

I know this is "a thing" and all but never quite understood it, as I don't think I saw more than one episode of the show. Just a real "WTF moment" or what?

Good lord

That's actually made by the people who made the DHMIS videos

Ok KO had a zombie outbreak episode where the infected became glitchy low poly renders.

youtube.com/watch?v=lZ_2LK2lbxY
The janky animation and the clipping through reality made them kind of scary.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 249K)

>I don't think I saw more than one episode of the show
Give a chance if you have the time. The show has a very subdued kind of vibe where things are kind of dreary.

Follows the vibe because it was done by the DHMIS people.

Why

Jesus Christ how horrifying

>no flapjack posted

youtube.com/watch?v=6SL72a4CNz8

No

youtube.com/watch?v=TuPQHxA0TVI

This would be so much better if they didn't keep cutting to the weird face.

Gumball 100%

why do characters like dendy need to exist?

Attached: 1495218830449.jpg (480x360, 72K)

I can't tell what's happening in the OP but if you just mean glitching there's a Gumball episode where their town is suffering from a signal glitch and the entire episode is like that picture, at the end the characters start to realize they're on TV but the glitch puts them at the end of the way the episode was meant to go and acts like the storyline that got fucked up due to the signal wrapped up and everything was ok. (The episode was about Gumball and Darwin getting into a fight over a misunderstanding and they eventually make up, but since Gumball can notice the glitching him and Darwin focus on that instead, until the soft reboot at the end). They both look mortified when they realize what's going on.

The meta shit in Gumball is a joke sometimes but it's one huge horror story. At any given moment the universe can decide to remove you from reality and put you in the void and make everyone forget you existed. The void is where "mistakes" go. The entire thing is more creepy to me than the DHMIS guest episode.

Attached: The SignaI.png (1279x715, 2.01M)

also multiple people almost died due to the glitching

That's not even the creepiest gumball got

Courage the Cowardly Dog would utilize CGI, stop-motion and even live action to create eerie juxtapositions.

nerdy autistic characters like shitdot or pidge are crazy popular
I don't understand why they need to make them them so obnoxious though, like the nasally voice

>the cake's gone all grey

>like the nasally voice
because they like writing a character say "by my calculations" and hearing an annoying nasally cunt read it back to them

Get ready to fucking shit your pants

Attached: I_Had_an_Accident_23.jpg (1152x864, 67K)

*rips you in half*

Attached: gooOOOOOOOOHH.gif (400x265, 932K)

Back when SU was good, the episode Roses room used a ton of animation glitches to display how the simulation was corrupted, including people having irises missing and there being extreme close ups on background models

Not really "horror" but still unsettling: when Enzo accidentally made everyone but him stupid.

Attached: DXlM1x0WAAENq0D.jpg large.jpg (659x473, 58K)

>the ride never ends

Attached: 1511809674343.png (566x582, 590K)

That one legit spooked me the first time. It came so out of nowhere

The first time I saw this I was on acid
2/10 would not do again

Not as bad as this, though

Attached: image.jpg (1152x864, 91K)

Unironically TTGo