Devil's Candy

>downhill

devilscandycomic.com/

Attached: 1521429990-DVC_ch07_p008[1].png (800x1157, 3.54M)

Sadness aside, Milo was a snappy dresser before his curse.

Attached: DTyw7KmVMAEm1OX.jpg large.jpg (800x738, 64K)

it has not been acquired by a publisher yet? It beats easily most of the latest manga quality on the market

I find it odd that such a well drawn webcomic with a decent story like this isn't more popular on Sup Forums compared to some of the other shit that gets discussed to death on here. Is it Hellboy syndrome, where there's nothing that can be said about it besides "Huh, this is good!" and thus the thread just squanders?

Attached: 1516008664586.png (255x209, 4K)

thats basically it, all we can really say about devil's candy is "damn, this is good!". Maybe post a few pictures of art or our favourite pages but thats it. I feel like having big lore dumps/worldbuilding dumps like K6BD has might give more to talk about but idk.

>I feel like having big lore dumps/worldbuilding dumps like K6BD has might give more to talk about
That would be cool, but so far the author of Devil's Candy doesn't really do much worldbuilding outside of the comic itself like K6BD does.

>This was immediately alarming, because our cottage was a two-hour hike from anything resembling civilization
A two hour hike on foot isn't exactly very far if you're going into hiding. In a woodland environment with all sorts of natural obstacles, you'd get maybe 2 miles of distance at most in that time frame. Less distance on anything involving inclines. Any lights at night would be easily visible from "civilization."

>from anything resembling civilization
Perhaps the level of "civilization" here was like a run down gas station down a hundred mile long highway? It could be anything, honestly.

I just read it. It moves too fast. There isn't much involvement or hype building, and the art isn't very memeable. Ksbd has more exploitable panels, and abbadon interacts with threads every once in a while. Devil Candy needs to have better marketing.

Miracles-guy sooon

I don't know. Looking at some webcomic threads, the main driving force is more injokes and waifu worship than anything.

Worship this waifu

Attached: tumblr_op13z8rkDg1szff8go1_1280.jpg (460x937, 72K)

>waifuing a flatty
Guffaw!

You need to publish serially though. Most manga artists work routines are very intense, many suffer health issues/mental breakdowns.

Not enough world-building. The manga-ness makes it weaker for waifuposting too. Would probably help to be in color also.

>Would probably help to be in color also.
Shit taste.

>Would probably help to be in color also
fuck no it'd ruin the manga style

Are you a dummy?

I understand, I appreciate the manga style. I'm saying what's probably holding it back from being more popular on Sup Forums. It comes of as a good looking manga. Doesn't help that a lot of western webcomics start as uncolored and become colored as the artist gets more time/skills. It's just alienating, but the author does have a really good grasp of greyscale though.

>what stops this mangaka from being popular on Sup Forums
>the answer is that it is a mangaka

Let's be honest. Expect poor reception even if the art or story is good based on that alone. Are there more successful or popular ones? Don't read many webcomics, am genuinely curious.

Sounds like Sup Forums needs to grow up a little. Color doesn't make things instantly better. They're separate styles

Attached: 8a22c9ccb8a4780195ef75be0c9bd8dd--sketchbook-cover-comics-toons[1].jpg (650x1000, 98K)

popular in general or popular on Sup Forums?
>k6bd
>Unsounded
>Gunnerkrigg Court
>"""Paranatural"""

Ava's Demon too, when it updates.

Ricket is Greta

>the art isn't very memeable

Attached: coward.png (800x1157, 218K)

Attached: wah.png (431x374, 156K)

Attached: pandora.jpg (401x333, 38K)

Good art, meh writing, slow pace.

Nice to read, not much to discuss.

>great art
>decent story in school setting
>good fight scenes
>huge tits
i’m surprised this webcomic isn’t more popular.

It needs to be promoted to an Euro audience, Americans are either muh batman cape zombies or weaboos who are either triggered that someone is beating them at their own game or cannot tolerate sucking anything less than 100% nihon cock.

Europeans are a lot more relaxed about westerners doing manga style artwork. In fact I bet most of us in this thread praising it are not filthy yanks.

Am I right?

flat is justice you uncultured swine

wrong

Attached: 1486094758-DVC_ch05_p001.png (708x460, 184K)

Most people shit on it because "it looks like a manga".

Is this comic about a fat guy who hears the voice of satan that travels around Texas killing children?

I made this one some time ago.

Attached: don't you wanna be the chosen one dude.jpg (542x169, 58K)

yep, that's the one

Attached: donteversaythat.jpg (546x396, 82K)

Attached: DUncwWmUQAAb-Nd.jpg (1200x965, 104K)