Why didn't he just accept that his fight with T'Challa hadn't ended and continued to 1v1 him...

Why didn't he just accept that his fight with T'Challa hadn't ended and continued to 1v1 him? Did Killmonger not think he could take him a second time?

Attached: kilmonger.gif (268x165, 936K)

Why didn't he just stab T'Challa instead of throwing him off a cliff and into a lake? Has he never seen a movie before? Doesn't he know that means he'll be back.

he burned all the heart shaped herbs. if he honors the challenge, both get depowered and even if he wins, no more power-up.

He's a practical guy. Tchalla also had his best for a brief moment. He knows he could possibly lose.

He stopped giving a shit about tradition when his endgame was so close to being completed

Why was he black? Should have been a white villain for a black hero. Like a KKK member.

>who is Klaw

>WAAAHH HE'S JUST ANOTHER CLONE OF THE MC
movie's out:
>HOLY SHIT KILLMONGER IS SO BASED BEST MCU VILLAIN

Attached: 1517919718504.jpg (323x323, 72K)

why do people want him back so desperately?

>he burned all the heart shaped herbs. if he honors the challenge, both get depowered and even if he wins, no more power-up.

Oh shit. Yeah. That makes sense.

great cgi

Same reason that the one dude was angry and disappointed at Tchalla for not getting the white bad guy, but then cozies up to the person responsible for Tchalla failing. Rushed plot prioritizing taxiing us to the desired setup instead of figuring out how to get us there logically.

Also because it was a stupid technicality. There was no reason to expect the duel to go differently has they both powered down again. Not that they would do that, as pointed out.

But mostly rushed plot. By leaving the claim contested, the regime is destabilized and we get the husband and wife factional conflict. If the duel was taken, that whole fight sequence gets replaced with the movie's third waterfall duel, and another motivator is needed to split the country's allegiances.

I think people were still disappointed that in the end it was just another "hero fights villain with roughly the same powers and a similar costume" regardless of characterization and motivation. Cross in Ant-Man had a similar complaint.

There's a difference between characterization and powerset

Hell, I would have liked it if he took T'Challa's old suit or something. Instead he takes an exact copy of T'Challa's new suit. Fucking stupid.

I still think the fight was bullshit

T'Challa would have died if Zuri hadn't interrupted. His head would have been rolling. Erik is honestly the rightful ruler.

wow i didn't notice how his jacket kinda just crumbles away.

He was fun to watch and honestly came off as sort of friendly? Also he was A) active in the plot and B) An underdog, so it's a little hard not to root for him

>T'Challa would have died if Zuri hadn't interrupted.
T'Challa still would have died if Killmonger had actually finished the job on the top of the cliff instead of trying to do the dramatic thing by throwing him off the waterfall.

has anyone asked how he could've been branded as a thief but managed to escape and elude them for years?

the explanation that he got help from N'Jobu doesn't explain all of it (he obtained vibranium with the help of N'Jobu but not the escape and evade part).

Yeah but that's at least Erik's fault for assuming it would have killed him

What wasn't his fault was Zuri breaking the rules and interrupting the match and T'Challa exploiting the interruption

All I learned from that is that T'Challa can't fight without the herb, WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GODDAMN CEREMONY

he can (M'baku fight) but Erik was the better fighter between them without the herb.

if they both got depowered again, T'Challa would probably get his ass killed.

Yeah, so, by the ceremonial intents and purposes of Wakanda, Erik is the rightful ruler.

Judging by the massive explosion in the background when they talked about Klaw's escape, my guess he just used improvised Vibranium weapons to cause a metric fuck ton of chaos and escape through the smoke. By the time Wakanda figured out he'd actually survived, he was probably deep enough into whatever country borders Wakanda to make following him difficult at best
The dude's robbery caused so much damage Wakanda had to publicly admit to having Vibranium, Klaw's idea of a smash and grab seems to include "cause small international incident, then steal everything that isn't nailed down"

Eh. I think T’challa was too thrown off by Killmonger’s entire situation and what T’chaka did (or didn’t do) to beat Killmonger, while Killmonger was full kill mode. T’challa and Killmonger were on equal footing during their second fight, and T’challa was at a point, emotionally speaking, where he accepted what he had to do.

Which is one of the main points of the movie, that blindly following tradition and then hiding behind it when its inevitable consequences bite you on the arse is a really shitty thing to do, both to your own people and to the world

My own headcanon was that T'Challa was holding back as he felt guilty and responsibility for what happed to Kilmonger as a child. Later on he realized Kilmonger had no remorse and needed to be stopped to help grow as he himself did when he was consumed by only revenge. It's why he placed the knife in an area that would allow him(Kilmonger) to live on. This ultimately broke T'Challa's heart again since Kilmonger remained stubbornly focused for death instead.

I got that, but I would have liked to see the tradition be abolished or something

My hope is we're going to see stuff like that in a later movie, make something much more about T'Challa having to fight uphill to change his country

It’s kind of messed up that going easy on your evil relative almost never works in stories. Kind of gives off the message that immediate murder is always the best option. And yes, there was a point during their first fight that T’Challa had Erik pretty much dead to rights

If memory serves, His continual evasion of Wakandan Justice was referred to as the old king's "Greatest failure." I just like to believe that Klaw has some almost superhuman ability to weasel out of trouble. He gets tracked down by Wakandan Spies only to escape at the last minute through some bizarre stroke of luck. It's just his thing. He's had hundreds of crazy adventures evading justice over the years to the point where it's just a part of life for him and he laughs about it.

That is a very interesting idea.
I get they wanted to accentuate his suit's Leopard-ish-ness, like his comic counterparts, but that's an intriguing fight scene to contemplate.

He only watched Disney movies so he assumed that meant his enemy was gone forever

It is what bad guys always do, they take the new equiptment, the only difference was that in this case the good guy didn't have to take his "classic" stuff because he had 2 new suits

Yeah, well they can write it so that Shuri only made one new suit, yeah? That's what I mean

I don't normally go for black dudes, but MBJ is legitimately handsome. no homo.

Yeah I got that

I also thought that about Boseman in CW, but he looked OFF in BP. Did anyone else get that vibe? Something about him was just weird

Technically the man was dead. The only thing keeping him alive was being put into a coma on ice, assissted by M'baku.

Therefore, his death at the hands of Killmonger was averted by two separate individuals. Not to mention, he very nearly lost to M'baku.

He's a hell of a jobber.

But then you have to explain why Erik feels insecure enough to wear the Black Panther suit literally everywhere
Plus there's the immediate comparison of T'Challa consciously selecting the understated regal purple suit, whereas Killmonger is only interested in the flash so he goes for the over the top gold necklace
That and I think Klaw understood something that T'Challa doesn't: just how fast information can really spread in the modern world. Klaw survives by immediately driving to places with a lot of witnesses and making it a question of "catch me and reveal Wakanda's existence, or let me go to keep your secrets"

I think his hair was longer and less combed.

>that shirtless scene

Dude put on a ridiculous amount of muscle.

>Plus there's the immediate comparison of T'Challa consciously selecting the understated regal purple suit, whereas Killmonger is only interested in the flash so he goes for the over the top gold necklace
Right, that's fair, I guess

Maybe it was the full beard? He had a start of one in CW but had finished it by BP. Personally I think it suited the whole regality of his performance, but I get that some people don't do facial hair

Man, that was so dumb. It didn't even contribute anything to the plot that I can think of, since T'challa just still had it. One of the weaker parts of the movie, in my opinion, though I still enjoyed it a lot over most MCU movies so far.

>that the one dude was angry and disappointed at Tchalla for not getting the white bad guy, but then cozies up to the person responsible for Tchalla failing
Because T'challa never said anything about it?

Andy Serkis did a great job, he was super fun to watch on stage. I'm hoping for the sound creature Klaw.

I mean... throwing a guy off a giant cliff is typically a good way to kill them.

Technically, without that second intervention when they fished him out of the lake so he didn't drown, he would have died.

>why Erik feels insecure enough to wear the Black Panther suit literally everywhere
Insecure? He was fuckin' strutting, bro.

Boseman looked rounder and softer in Civil War, whereas he looks a little gaunt and weathered in BP. Also his hair/facial hair was better in CW.

Attached: 1521344707796.jpg (569x403, 36K)

Turns out that trial by combat is a stupid, shitty way to decide your ruler. Who knew.

It was part of what showed Killmonger to be a hypocrite out for personal gain rather than an altruistic radical. He talks of giving weapons to the downtrodden(or more specifically people who are superficially similar to him) but instead of sharing the superfruit with others he makes sure he's the only one who can have it.

Okay, but it's dumb as fuck from the standpoint of, now they have to deal with that in future BP movies.

Even ignoring the muscle, he's got an attractive face. Leagues and leagues above the likes of Boyega.

What if Killmonger was a girl?

Attached: IMG_20180318_231239.jpg (576x850, 52K)

I agree. They really should have made a point of showing them taking the seeds from the one fruit they saved so that they could continue the tradition, but nah let's just mash that shit up without thinking about it.

Word. Honestly, when M'baku sagely glanced at them and told them he had to show them something, I thought he was going to lead them to a garden of heart-shaped herbs, but that didn't happen... I kind of hope they just hand-wave it in the future, but I also think that would be dumb.

He was alright in AoU and great in BP. I don't need them to resurrect him now or anything, but I loved every minute of him onscreen.

The longer hair and fuller beard he sported in BP makes him look way older

Attached: tumblr_o3w69xcrWH1tf70vho4_540.gif (540x540, 1.87M)

Yeah, because he was strutting about in a fur coat with his only protection being the suit hidden in the gaudy necklace
If he was strutting about in the old Black Panther suit you actually had to wear all the time, it would have looked a lot less confident

Ah, I gotcha, I misunderstood the comment of yours I'd replied to. My bad.

I thought the cgi fight was awful.

The only thing I thought was bad about their fight was the zero-g bit. Sure it looked OK but the suits weren't visually distinct enough and the whole thing felt like "we need a fight scene that uses 3D to justify the inflated ticket price"

Felt like the suits fighting each other than actual people. Idk was pretty lame and boring.

He knows the herbs are actually pieces of the soulstone so he’s trying to destroy it so Thanos can’t complete the glove
Tesseract
Herb
Aether
Necklace
Orb
Sceptre

It's cooler when you realize Killmonger was a Chad. A Chad that lost everything when he was little, but gained everything in the end.

T'Challa held back from impaling him during the first trial. Possibly twice.

Tchalla lost the instant the old nigger blocked Killmongers attack saving Tchalla

I don't remember that at all.

Next time you watch the fight, you may notice T'Challa just stops his spear... I think in front of his throat? Only watched it once, but looked obvious to me. The possible second time was a crap to the face that felt like a second warning.

All that challenge shit's over!

>T'Challa is King
>as such he is powered by the herb
>he must depower and 1v1 when his rule is challenged
>Erik challenges him so he depowers
>fight starts
>neither die nor surrender
>both fuck off elsewhere
>both drink the herb in the meantime
>finish their fight

So how does this adhere to the rules in any way? How is it any different than T'Challa not depowering at all?

Attached: 1521459149957.jpg (429x410, 22K)

Basically they both broke the rules but Wakanda still needs a king, so whoever doesn't die takes the throne.

STEP INTO DA SPOTLIGHT
WHAT HAPPENS NOW
DETERMINES WHAT HAPPENS
TO THE REST OF DA WORLD
I NEVAR FREEZE
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED

WE WUZ
KANGZ N SHEIT
MY NIGGER
WHY ARE YOU RUNNING
THE REVOLUTION WILL BE LIVE

At that point in the movie does it really matter? What are they gonna do? Excommunicate the guy who stopped the whole mess because he didn't do it the 'proper' way?

Not like anybody really liked Erik anyway besides W'kabi

I wonder if W'Kabi will get proper comeuppance. His bullshit got at least one Dora Milaje murdered in cold blood, his girlfiend should be pretty pissed.

M'Baku took his place on the council so that's something

>T'Challa would have died if Zuri hadn't interrupted. His head would have been rolling. Erik is honestly the rightful ruler.
T'Challa was holding back because he felt sorry for Killmonger and didn't want to kill him. The 2nd fight, he wasn't holding back and DID kill him.

I'm sure someone saved the seeds and new ones will grow in time for the MCU to pick up the stupid "Black Panther's sister" storylines.

>I wonder if W'Kabi will get proper comeuppance.
Apparently he had an important scene with his girlfriend/wife that was cut for time. But it is still canon and will be in the DVDs as bonus scene.

I thought it was earlier, showing their relationship.

OK, I'll explain this slowly, and try to use small words.
The King
and the Black Panther
Are not by necessity the same person
The Black Panther is the champion of Wakanda,
Chosen by the King.
Who can choose himself if he so desires.
This is clear in Civil War, where T'Chaka is King, and his son T'Challa is the Black Panther ie the Kingdom's champion.

T'Challa is depowered in BP, so as to not have unfair advantage over the legitimate challengers to the throne, the champions of the other tribes/and or blood of the current ruling family.

So Killmonger becomes King, and noms himself as the new Champion. Then decides there'll be no more Champions after him, and while he doesn't say it outright, basically implies that he won't depowers for challengers any longer.
He's basically going "fuck your traditions" at that point, which was his whole thing, breaking all of Wakanda's ancient traditions.

At that point, only someone similarly empowered by the HSE has any real chance with him, and T'Challa has an ongoing challenge in any case, and neither has the advantage.

Attached: Petarded2 (1).jpg (717x541, 58K)

I was expecting Shuri to go "Actually, I had a seed library of the herbs just in case" at some point.

Nah, there can just never ever be a new black panther ever again, but it’s not like tchalla is going anywhere so it’s not important

Yeah but this one talks about slavery and wants to do ethnic cleansing!

That makes him cool!

But only because he wants to cleanse the whites. It would unacceptable otherwise.

Which is weird because BP happens like a week after CW

>Wakandan super hair growth

AH
EH
UUU
EH
AH
EH
UUUU

Burning the flowers was so stupid to me before you mentioned that. He could have kept at least some of the plants to give to his children continuing on his legacy, but went full retard and only thought about 2 decades into the future of his master plan.

The concept book explains that Erik thought that the heart shaped herb's abilities can be passed on via bloodline instead of just via oral consumption.

Ah, thanks for the clarification

I thought the herbs were burned in order not to put Wakanda in a moral conflict regarding sharing them once they open up. There'd be no reason not to create an army of super soldiers other than "muh tradition" which would be seen as awfully close minded with galactic threats looming over Earth. This way it's just one guy's fault.

It seems more like Erik simply didn't plan that far ahead.

Do you guys think killmonger's plan would've worked? Raising American blacks with the power of such advanced technology and actually start fighting the system back instead of destroying our neighbors sounds like it'd scare the shit out of people

I meant in a meta-narrative kind of way.

>how do we put in this detail from the comics into the film while preserving the setup of the rest of the world
>let's just have the bad guy destroy it for some reason

Same reason why the Captain America formula was lost, it would throw off the plot otherwise.

Killmonger's plan involves the whole world. Which makes me wonder where do the other non-whites fit in Killmonger's vision.

Didnt you see the movie yet? He cleared Said "i dont have time for this shit anymore".

why does his clothes shred off? It seems like the suit couldv'e formed under his clothes

The energy emanated during the vibranium activation pretty much vaporizes the outer garments. The same happened when BP suited up at the Korean battle.

RL explanation would be that it's more dramatic and less cumbersome this way.

So are the Heart Shaped Herbs gone forever now?