Other urls found in this thread:

chrysoprax.org/gunnerkrigg/results?term=planned
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Ysengrin is totally in control, guise!

Now that's a call back.

I JUST ASKED ABOUT THIS LIKE 4 THREADS AGO
HOLY MOLY
WHAT A FUCKIN' LONG CON

This seems to be 100% Coyote, 0% Ysengrin.

In case you've forgotten:

Attached: 00000286.jpg (600x848, 155K)

Attached: 00000282.png (600x847, 820K)

ruh roh

coyote is a lucky dog

okay so why destroy the bridge THEN activate the seeds?

the fuck this nigga's plan?

That's the furthest up Annie's skirt anyone's gotten in this comic. Probably including Annie herself.

Assuming some mass destruction's about to go down, he's probably trying to isolate the Court. Or cut off their one convenient path of attack should they want to go after Coysengrinte.

tom's really committing to having sonic & knuckles destroy the court
is this still the same comic?
it feels like a bad dream
part of me is still hoping this has a point and is going somewhere worth it

>that raccoon tail

I hope against hope that this is gonna lead to Kat activating her god mode.
I think the Sonic OC thing is unsalvageable. It happened. It can't be undone. All we can hope for that something awesome happens that will cast coygrin into the fires of Mount Doom and overshadow these few sad panels.
For me that would be God Kat separating the two from each other, possibly using the arrow or some other doodad and becoming aware of her status at some point during that.

Is it just me, or has the art degraded a bit?

Attached: 3D4.gif (379x440, 140K)

>OH, WHAT AN OBVIOUS RUSE! EVERYBODY SAW HIM DROP THE SEEDS!
>They keep them anyway and they keep them intact
ONE JOB

Art? No.
Content of art? Yes?
It's just that Coygrin is retarded. The art itself looks fine.

>Destroy everything I don't understand!
Not doing that is what separates us from the forest savages.

There's been some less than amazing recent pages, but this one's pretty good. I like how the buildings and those vials are drawn.

Gunnerkrigg Court? More like Gunnerpoop Fart, amirite guys?

More like
Gunnerpiss Crap

>I don't understand!
They understood perfectly they were an enemy's weapon for later use.
Generally NOT destroying that is what groups you with the forest retards.

That's what I thought at first, but I'm not totally sure. The seeds were dropped by Ysengrin, not Coyote, and this page (attached) is what really confuses me.
Coyote is obv still alive and seems to have pulled a trick on Ysengrin, but the repetition of the "I would show the humans how weak they truly are" line feels like Ysengrin is still going to do just that somehow.
Are their wills merged? Weird.

Attached: 00001956.jpg (600x849, 178K)

They are clearly kept for research purposes.
If an enemy has weapons you don't have, you don't destroy them, you study them.

>If an enemy has weapons you don't have, you don't destroy them, you study them.
Yes but you should do that when the enemy is dead and can't use them anymore.

He is clearly tapping into Ysengrin's memories, seeing what he did, so it's Coyote.
And we have no idea what Coyote's plans are. He seems to have been planning this for a good 20 or so years at least. Since before Surma.
This is not Wolfloser going mental to kill all humans.

Yeah, because that's how logic works.
>I can use these weapons against them! All I have to do is to wait until they are defeated, then I can defeat them with their own weapons!

You're probably right.

Remember when Gunnerkrigg threads would ocasionally reach the limit and overflow into a second thread? What happened? Is it just the lack of PazKat right now or is there a bigger problem?

counterpoint: they are seeds

>I can use these weapons against them!
Where did you pull that from? Your ass?

That's the point of stealing weapons from your enemy, genius.

I agree with you other than sonic & knuckles

You're actually retarded aren't you.
No, the point of stealing weapons isn't to use them against THE EXACT ENEMY you stole them from.
Especially in this case were the enemy can EASILY regain access to them and they KNOW IT. They should've disposed of them and waited until cuckwolf there croaked.
Doing otherwise is being idiots.
Like you.

It's a lack of shitposting and the slow death of Sup Forums as more and more people get sick of it. No webcomic threads reach the limit unless something big happens to bring people back or they're filled with constant shitposting.
Also these threads are fucking trash and you have to go to other websites to get decent actually active discussion. Though they've been a little better the past few updates after I assume a couple of shitposters got scared off by actual moderation.

this new design looks too much like fanart for my taste

the backgrounds just got more detailed than the characters, which did improve from early days but not as much as the backgrounds.

i had a similar problem reading super foogeys.

We used to have a lower bump limit.

Yeah, I'm the idiot.
Clearly the humans should try to outlast the immortal gods.
That's a very sensible idea.

no zimmy

>lack of shitposting kills threads
>threads have been better because less shitposters

this shit's all down to chance with objects you don't understand, no decision would've been smart

Endless screaming into the void doesn't fix a lack of discussion

>Clearly the humans should try to outlast the immortal gods.
Cuckwolf is neither immortal or a god.

I can agree with that.
However, since gunnerkrigg is a highly mythological comic and the conquering of the heavens by man plays a major role in it, so far so that it has been outright stated that that is the court's goal, it's fairly obvious why they kept the seeds.

>it's fairly obvious why they kept the seeds.
Nobdy is asking "why".
We're just pointing out that it was retarded.

No more comfy friendship chapters for you!

From now on, all will be despair and destruction.
GOOD

>not a god
Comes down to definitions, I suppose. You could call him a lesser god, you could call him a mythological creature, you could call him a sentient animal. Iirc we don't know what he is defined as in the comic.
>not immortal
We straight up don't know that at all. Just because something ages doesn't mean it's not immortal. And we don't even know if he 'ages', we only know that Coyote did something to him that is changing him.

>we're
I thought it was just one person

I didn't mean to imply any ambiguity of 'why', I'm just saying where I'm coming from in my opinion that they made the right choice.

>the dust still hasn't settled

>Comes down to definitions, I suppose.
No, he literally specified not too many chapters ago that Coyote was different from him because he was a god. Which implies he's not. Call him whoever you want, but he's the one who told us he's no god.
>We straight up don't know that at all.
He ages, he can be mutilated, he gets hurt, and iirc he even bleeds. If he's not immortal he's certainly defeatable by mortal means.

Keeping that stuff around for research is perfectly fine, but usually when you have something weird and potentially dangerous that you don't fully understand, you keep it somewhere safer than a nondescript office building.

Attached: 1409296409660.png (590x1062, 512K)

fucking called it!

Like I said, vulnerability doesn't mean he can't be immortal. There are plenty of mythological beings that are biologically immortal but they still age and can be killed. Heck, there's even a real animal that we currently assume to be biologically immortal, in the real world. The immortal jellyfish.
But all that doesn't matter. Ysengrin is just a pawn for Coyote anyway. Coyote is the true enemy of the court. He is immortal. The court wants to surpass him. They won't do that by sitting on their ass.

Now, that I can definitely agree with.
But maybe they are in a safe ... that's lit on the inside? :P

>Like I said, vulnerability doesn't mean he can't be immorta
But it means it can be defeated. If they couldn't wait for him to die they could try to kill him themselves WITHOUT keeping around things that he could use.

>Coyote is the true enemy of the court.
But what is happening with the seeds isn't Coyote's power, he wasn't a factor in wether or not keep the seeds. And trying to best him with Cuckwolf's powers is dumb.

We don't know if those seeds are Ysengrin's.
I was assuming they were one of Coyote's gifts, like his tooth, that he has strewn about over the years on the off chance of them being used to his advantage.
Ysengrin, being the loyal bitch he was, dropped them in the court, assuming that's what Coyote wanted, which Coyote now realized worked out for him.

>We don't know if those seeds are Ysengrin's.
>the seeds may not be from the wolf who LIVES IN A FUCKING TREE
>EVEN IF HE WAS THE ONE TO DROP THEM

Ok I'm out.

Okay.
I gotta go to sleep, too.
Nice discussion.

Coyote is explicitly called one, and he calls Reynard one, Ysengrin is shown to be Reynards equal, Ergo Ysengrin is a God too.

Simple logic, Ysengrin is a HUGE loser that makes that fact very very easy to forget.

And that means Coygrin is God2.

Attached: 00001214.jpg (600x849, 447K)

You're working off of the obvious assumption that Ysengrin has not - in fact - been a rogue process of Coyote this whole time.

The chapter about the dead goose story and Annie asking Ysengrin what he admires about Coyote, what he would do with power, etc. is all too convenient.

>you well never shove your face into Annie's ass

Is that dragon ball super?

Just get a bunch of teenagers with attitude and rainbow hair from Japan to kill God like in the JRPGs

But that only works for Christianity analogues

It works for dark gods and godlike monsters from space too.

Again with the memory bubbles. Did Coyote pick his brain clean of that earlier incident at the Court, too?

Well it became as retarded as Super.

>Jones calling it ahead of all of us

I miss her.

it's been a long time since we've seen any real destruction

Attached: 00000041.jpg (600x850, 154K)

AH SHIET.

coyote did knock down a building after tony came back iirc, though we only saw the aftermath

This feels like Ysengrins goals driven by Coyotes Personality. Pretty similar to how the Mask works, which works even better since Coyote and Loki are both trickster gods.

Attached: Mask.jpg (275x183, 6K)

>seeds

You mean fucking avocado halves?

I still think it's mostly Ysengrin, but absorbing so much of Coyote has loosened him up.

Hmmm... Is it just me, or is Ysengrin not being affected by shading anymore?

That's actually a cool detail if its because of his new Coyote-ness.

do y'all remember when tom was subtle

those were good days

It’s not his fault that ysengrin has the subtlety of a brick.

>No more comfy friendship chapters for you!
fucking finally this comic has been stale for the last decade

So if this is Coyote, what did he have to gain by merging with Ysengrin?

Coyote might have been holden to a promise not to attack the Court or something like that. He can't lie, so his word is pretty binding.

So grooming Ysengrin to take his powers and do the attack for him is his workaround. We don't even know if he retrieved all his memories or just the ones Coyote wanted him to find.

amusement from fucking with everyone

So does that means Tom planned for Ysengrin to become a furrafinity OC the whole time?

>sonic & knuckles
Ysenyote' design has nothing to do with Sonic design. why do people keep saying that?

Because he looks like a retarded fan OC. Like something Chris-chan would make.

>Because he looks like a retarded fan OC
Fan OC oes way beyond the scope of sonic.

If anything, he is a Balto OC.

Attached: 0.png (827x825, 379K)

Sure, but Sonic is the most relatable one.
Everyone's seen Sonic OCs.
No one knows Balto OCs.

Not necessarily, in an episode of Writing Excuses, they said authors would drop small things like that along the way, and then later find a use for them. But fans prefer believing into the long con.

If you know "The Adventure Zone" you know this can be used to craft absolutely impressive universes, but I'm pretty sure Tom has said that he planned everything out from the start.

> How did you go about writing the series? Did you have everything planned at the very beginning or are you making things up as you go along? And to what degree?

>I had the main outline decided near the start, after I began drawing it and finding my feet with the first chapter. After that I add or cut stuff along the way that I think will help the story and keep to the original outline.
Source: chrysoprax.org/gunnerkrigg/results?term=planned
The peanut butter solution "footprints" is an example of stuff Tom included but then cut the followup.

Attached: 00000023.jpg (600x851, 118K)

>Coyote states that out of all the amazing things he can do, he can't make life from nothing
>Due to their connection to the Ether, humans can
>Coyote is the product of human thought and thus can't change or gain new powers
>Coyote gets himself killed by Ysengrin
>He makes his final thoughts about how Ysengrin is more powerful than a god like him
>ETHER FLASH
>Ysengrin god more powerful than Coyote is created from the Ether

If I'm right, then this new god has more powers than the original Coyote, maybe even the ability to create life.

>he did all this to breed Annie

>those seeds finally have relevance so many chapters later
Sasuga, Tom

GKC has a glacial plot

>:P
Stop

When is George gonna arrive?
I wanna massage George's pecs.
Nohomo.

Damn shame TAZ sucks now. Dropped that shit like 20 minutes into Travis's campaign.

They should just let Griffin stay as the DM. Travis is a colossal faggot and Clint has some good ideas but he's really not that good at worldbuilding

Remember they're just trying out different systems.
And I actually like Travis' campaign most out of the 3 so far, I think.
Griffin is of course the best, but I'm VERY excited about what Justin might bring to the table.

And let's be honest, nothing can compare to car boys in regards to creating a story on the go, anyway.