Erases all his friends and his waifu to go back to the past to save his royal family when he could have kept his...

>erases all his friends and his waifu to go back to the past to save his royal family when he could have kept his happiness if he had just defeated Aku in the future.

Attached: Jack and Ashii.png (865x762, 554K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=euo98i4vuaU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

After how many Jack threads were spammed when it came back I'm glad it had a bad ending

Kind of missed the possible "accept the past, work for a better future" message didn't it?

>not going with a ocarina of time split timeline ending
It would've been so easy too

The sad thing is, the show seemed to go in that direction before Genndy went all George Lucas mode with Season 5.

I mean, what's the point of introducing all those characters and show how positively they were impacted by Jack's actions if you're just gonna go "LOL RESET BUTTON!!" in the end?

because now they can have better lives without the suffering aku made them go through

iirc both jack and aku not existing in the future wouldn't have prevented everyone else from existing in a less shit future

>make people suffering for a thousand of years just to stay with your waifu

Fuck you, Jack did the right choice.

Just have Ashi go to the past timeline because Aku is already weak there, have Jack stay and defend the people who've put their lives on the line to fight for him. She could just use her powers to drag Aku into space to the chaos he was born from so it can reabsorb him and then she could join the three gods in their eternal battle against it.
Both timelines have a savior, Jack can have a bittersweet moment about being separated from his love forever for that feel, Ashi would still effectively be sacrificing her existence, and showing the three gods are usually busy fighting the bigger thing Aku was just a bit of would make them look less douchey for not helping more.

They could've at least ended with a scene showing a good future, like everyone from the series in a nice park on a sunny day with a Jack statue in the middle of it all. The thought of those people possibly not even existing in a better life makes all of Jack's time spent helping them in their shitty future feel pointless.

Ashifags now and forever btfo

Why did Jack set aside his personal happiness to ensure that the world didn't have to endure thousands of years of suffering?

Is it because that was the entire point of the series?

Attached: big_1495878302_image.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Pretty much every character from the future supported Jack in his attempt to return to the past with a "Whatever happens after you kill Aku in the past, it has to be better than this!" attitude. Yes, it would have been nice to show them all alive and well in the future, but I think it isn't necessary.

I don’t care about Ashi, the ending or the final fight.

The Guardian should have had a significant closure scene at least instead of an opt out “le glasses on le ground xDD” scene. Gennedy is a hack.

Attached: 2F7987ED-4BFF-4463-980C-94F392D6CD2D.gif (580x433, 1.41M)

>thousands of years of suffering and injustice are fine so long as you get to fuck the girl
The world should be thankful people like you are not in positions of power

The guardian was a throwaway rando like dozens of others in the show and he had no claim to a greater significance in things. He was just some morpheus cosplayer who never stood a chance against Aku.

>Sure let's forget all the countless billions of people who have suffered and died under Aku's rule, including my family and my people, because I made a few friends in this hellish what-if.

People like him are in power.

Remember that scene where the leaves that were falling and Jack saw those as the sprits of the dead he failed. Remember how he's so mentally wrecked by this he nearly commits suicide? But muh pussy am I rite?

>b-but thousands of years of suffering
Look at humanity now.
>it's better to just not exist at all
Jack was a bigger monster than Aku and the people defending this ending are insane.

Attached: Ashi.png (1230x1920, 276K)

>hey let's go back in time and stop the Europeans from conquering the Americas to save the poor suffering Indians and all their descendants for 500 years
Virtually almost everyone in Latin America wouldn't fucking exist today if we followed your sound logic. You wiped out almost 700 million people, and that's just counting them, that's not even factoring all the others in the last 500 years.
See how retarded you sound?
But hey let's make the lives of the Injuns a little better!

Jack didn't age in the future. The Guardian has been around since before even Jack's original time.

In 50 years, Jack will be Old King Jack and go to the Guardian to attempt to return to the past and prevent him from killing Aku.

I like Jack being stuck in the future forever better but he did what he set out to do

He's a Japanese swordsman and the heir to the throne. Obviously devotion to his fellow Japanese is going to be the most important thing to him. He also undid countless evils done by Aku throughout history.

Except that's not a literal slice of Primordial Evil enslaving the solar system/entire galaxy you dense fuck. Stop drawing up false comparisons, it just makes you look like a jackass.

>selfless character who is devoted and honor bound in his quest to kill a being that is made of literal evil
>Wanting multiple beings of many planets to suffer for ages just to get some pussy

Nigga could have literally anyone when he gets back hell all of Kyoto is creaming their panties when he's back

those monks must have felt pretty shitty then

Well if the Conquistadors were led by a fragment of the literal primordial personification of evil and malevolence, who was both immortal and lived solely to inflict pain and suffering on the people he ruled under, then yeah, I'd fucking do it.

What now, dumbass?

The Monks were going to happily die to let Jack get to that time-hole because "After you kill Aku, none of this will matter."

>The sad thing is, the show seemed to go in that direction before Genndy went all George Lucas mode with Season 5.
Actually if you think about it even most of season 5 had that message. All the time portals were gone, and Jack's character development is learning to let go of his failure, put aside his demons and being haunted by the literal ghosts of his dead family, and move past it. Add in Ashi existing and there's a pretty clear "you can have a life here" theme.
It really comes off more like during the scripting of the last episode or two, someone in the writing room went "We can't have it end like this! The fans want him back to the past!"

Now we make fun of you for your white guilt.

Well it goes to show that even if you stop an ancient cosmic evil from enslaving all sentient life in the galaxy, someone will still use it as an excuse to complain about muh white genocide.

In this comparison it's the natives that are genocided.

I wonder what will die first, GF ending and Mabel threads or SJ ending and Ashi threads.

>people are excited about a cartoon on a cartoon board

Those threads were ripe with jashi Shitposting and you know it

>because now they can have better lives without the suffering aku made them go through
No they can't because now they don't exist.

All the better to correct the past, because they won't matter
Boom

But they do matter, and it matters that Jack obliterated them for his own gain.

Seems like that's exactly what's happening when you are destroying their pasts and nullifying their lives.

Nothing ever ends Adrian.

>Letting literally thousands of years worth of destruction and oppression be allowed so you can live in a shitty future still full of criminals for the sake of some Scottish women and your waifu

That's stupid. You're stupid.

>his own gain

Nigga it's the fucking intro song.
Everyone knew since day 1 the mission was to return to the past and UNDO THE FUTURE.

The show is rooted in buddhism

All of the people Jack met in the future had souls, souls can't be destroyed. They will still be born and exist in a world that was never conquered by Aku.

Jack saved all of his friends in the future on top of saving his family and nation and every last living thing that was crushed under Aku's heal in the time between.

It would've been so cool if he spent the rest of his days trying to find a time portal to bring him back to the future. It'd match up with the Guardian's vision of an old Jack continuing his search for a portal.

Are you fags still mad about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=euo98i4vuaU

I figure he had to do that for the greater good, the amount of people he's saved/befriended in the future is miniscule compared to the amount who have suffered and died at the hands of Aku over the time skip.

>people riot Sup Forums because adult swim didnt air the samurai jack episode
explain to me what the fuck did any of us have to do with adult swim fucking with you

>souls get born anyway

then why care about someone being murdered in the past

/thread

Do people not grasp that Jack didn't realize everything would be eraser. He was naive about it, he thought things would merely change.

>literally the entire show is about Jack getting BACK TO THE PAST
>Jack finally goes back to the past
>"abloo bloo bloo dis ending sucks"

Attached: 1439036340778.jpg (721x489, 23K)

>this thread again
why are there so many brainlets on this board

Even the majority of Season Five had that message - the entire fucking theme of the show up until the finale is about learning to accept the past, learning to mourn and move on, to stop blaming yourself for what you could have done or should have done or didn't do and instead focus on improving things for yourself in the future. Jack gives up countless opportunities to travel back to The Past and help someone in The Future because it's the right thing to do. Everything about the theming of the series leads to the inevitable conclusion of Jack making the sacrifice to give up returning to The Past, save his friends and loved ones and defeat Aku in The Future, and make a new life for himself... and then in the 11th hour all that goes out the fucking window.

>people are still mad that Jack finally accomplished the one mission and purpose he's had for decades
As bad as it may have been executed it does not excuse being a total brainlet.

Attached: IMG_2502.jpg (306x306, 37K)

Part of any good character arc is the internal struggle between the protagonist's needs and wants, their external goals versus the changes they need to undergo as a character to grow and develop.

In Beauty and the Beast, the Beast WANTS to break the curse. To accomplish this, he tries to keep Belle imprisoned in the castle in the hopes that she will eventually grow to love him as he is and break the Enchantress' spell. Beast NEEDS to learn to love someone other than himself enough for them to see beyond his outward appearance. He accomplishes this at the end of the second act when he let's Belle leave the castle to help her father, knowing full well she may never return.

In Up, Carl WANTS to mourn his dead wife, Ellie. He tries to accomplish this by flying his house (the physical analog for his wife and their life together) to Paradise Falls with the intent of living there alone in mourning until he ultimately dies. Carl NEEDS to let go of Ellie and live the rest of his life without being weighed down by his grief for her. He accomplishes this in a literal and symbolic sense when he abandons the mementos of his old life that are literally weighing him down, and ultimately when he lets go of the house (Ellie) in the finale to save Russel, Kevin, and Dug.

Jack WANTS to return to The Past and undo The Future that is Aku. He tries to accomplish this by traveling the world in search of the means to travel back in time, but getting sidetracked by helping people in need. Jack NEEDS to forgive himself for his failures and let go of The Past, embracing his new life. This should have been accomplished with Jack making the conscious choice to give up the possibility of returning to The Past in order to save Ashi, save his friends, and defeat Aku in The Future. Instead he goes back in time, erases all of the lives in The Future, rendering their centuries of struggle moot, and condemning himself to a lonely life in an era he spent a fraction of his life living in.

you do know those people are there because of aku right with him killed they can make most of the bad guys fuck off right

>being happy when you failed to prevent your parents from spending their entire lives in slavery
>this
bruh

Attached: m8.jpg (749x885, 38K)

They all still exist in a happier future.

Prove me wrong

Attached: Goddess Ashi.png (1280x1976, 3.61M)

Which even as a kid most everyone I knew and myself went "but then he'd kill (as kids we said this, though it is more appropriate to say 'deny the existence of...') all his friends like the scottsman and that baby"

Everyone thought that he should just stay in the future.

Except one fucktard, but he also believed that all the characters would still exist no matter what despite how everyone in school kept trying to explain to him how causality works.

Fuck we had some weird discussions in school.

They do no exist period.

The scottsman's lineage may never have happened due to the intervention of so many factors (humans being enslaved, humans being killed or shipped offworld). Same with the ravers. The funky blind-archer egyptian dudes would never have been on earth and thus their lineage would be fucked. The robots would never have been invented (and the giant stone samurai), etc etc

Seriously it's not hard to consider.

Like the Scottsman or the Blind Archers or the SAMOOHRAI or the Woolies or the GiantStoneSamuraiRobots or the Ravers...

Gotta get back, back to the past samurai jack.
Niggas like you is why it's hard to find RPGs without romamce meters nowadays

Causality doesn't guarantee those people don't show up in some happier form and only brianlets think it does. It changes things there is no concrete way to know how much or how little.

Beside that you and you're little faggot friends were simply being selfish like children are. It's clear you haven't grown up because you're deciding you'd like the main character, a hero, to decide his satisfaction and settling for "not so bad anymore" is better than going back and making it so that millions maybe billions avoid a life of hell.

Fuck you and anyone like you. Grow the fuck up.

I'd rather a Mistress Ashi

Attached: Jack and the Mistress.png (700x1018, 199K)

Can you prove it?

I kinda hoped they brought this up near the end. Jack mentioned that all the people he knew in the past were just memories to him now (I think he said something like that), but by defeating aku in the past isn't he doing the same to the people in the future?

it's common sense man. a family tree in a universe where the embodiment of evil came and affected the natural order of everything on earth + aliens came would undeniably be way different from the family tree in a universe where those things didn't happen

Attached: drink.jpg (622x424, 28K)

Gotta go BACK, BACK to the PAST samurai Jack.

It's common assumption not common sense. And it's an assumption made commonly by brainlets like you. I bet you love shit like flashpoint.

aku's presence was actually very conducive of life now that i think about it. jack effectively denied the existence of billions of lifeforms, while aku was responsible for the next great american experiment on a planetary scale with millions of different species from all different walks of life coming together to one place to form a congregation that bonded beings who would otherwise have never known of each other's existence. was aku the good guy?

>We will never be ruled by a force of evil that loves us.

Attached: 927eb9a0d9d83bd5126ce2da50cf62bf--jasper-steven-steven-s.jpg (736x1125, 76K)

>Everyone knew since day 1 the mission was to return to the past and UNDO THE FUTURE.
Yeah and funny how every god damn time when he had the choice he went and stayed in the future to help some rando who wouldn't exist if he went back.

>Nonexistence is better than life.

Attached: Great Darkness.jpg (700x1067, 371K)

>Jack put his country he would rule and the 'honor' he discarded above the future that was.

>People saying he should have stayed in the future and rebuild with all his friends

Did you miss the part where Aku rains spikes on them and straight up kills them all? Only the Scotsman, his daughters, and maybe the spartans survived. Kinda pointless to stay on a future where almost every character we care about is dead

I stole this from another user, but I would have liked an ending like this:

>Jack is about to kill Aku
>Aku tries to send him to the future again
>Jack somehow manages to turn the spell against Aku
>Aku gets sent into the future instead of Jack
>he arrives on a future where he's just a distant memory, and his evil is no longer law
>an old Jack, looking like pic related, greets him as soon as Aku gets to the future
>turns out Jack ages slowly and he's now thousands of years old
>Aku and Jack have one last conversation before Jack finally kills him for good

Attached: 1449086749340.jpg (799x613, 28K)

This - a fucking five year old could see that Jack isn't supposed to go back to the past at the conclusion of the journey

Way to miss the point.

Countless generations have struggled and died fighting the good fight against Aku and the final battle was no different... to rewrite history and erase them from the timeline is to cheapen and dishonor their struggle.

Jesus fuck you -are- like the kid who argued that everyone would exist anyways.

You enjoy those shitty timetravel episodes/movies where everything stays the same no matter how much you change the past, and for some fucking reason if you do something the cosmic universe does something to put it back to status quo (even if by doing that something it'd fuck itself up in other ways anyways).

But okay. By your own argument, Aku should just come back anyways because the timeline will fix itself.

Shit that actually is a pretty good fucking ending.

I thought that the sword would be destroyed or lost again and they would erase Aku with a time paradox or something.

>Long ago in a distant land, I, Samurai Jack, battled an unspeakable evil. Before the final blow was struck, the demon tore open a portal in time and flung himself into the future, hoping to outlive me. Centuries have passed, and I have lived long enough to love and be loved, to see my children and their children grow and thrive, and tear down Aku's world and build a better one in its place. Now I wait for his return, ready to meet him once more and undo his evil once and for all.

How the hell does time travel work in this story?

If destroying Aku in the past erased Ashi, then it's a recursive timeline as opposed to a branching one. Changing the past changes the future.

But they specifically returned just after Jack was sent to the future. If Ashi never existed, then she wouldn't be around to sent Jack back to the past, leaving him in the future. Which would mean he didn't go back. Which means Aku lived. Which means Ashi lived. Which means he did return. And so on and so on.

Since this didn't happen, it would either mean that time travel here follows insane troll logic, or Ashi disappearing wasn't a result of time shenanigans but of her connection to Aku. For example, if they had stayed in the future and killed Aku there, Ashi would still have disappeared.

Genndy was pissed about Popeye getting shafted and took it out on the fans. Kind of a dick move desu

Aku may have murdered millions, but Jack erased trillions. Whose the bigger villain?

>Jacks connection to Aku's tomfuckery means that after slaying him, he slowly fades away or becomes an aged mummy, ala the Last Viking.

user, hardly anyone on Sup Forums has read A Sound of Thunder.

>rips ending dtrait from some gay anime flick
>doesnt have jack kill aku and save the universe from evil because no matter how hard you try you will never change the past only the future
>just goes back in time instead without killing future aku, kills the past aku and saves his own timeline but not the other one

Attached: 1517755890425.png (600x800, 59K)

In Back to the Future, time travel shenanigans results in an alternate timeline. But they went back and changed things to turn it all back to normal. Would you consider that kid a murderer for erasing every child born in that alternate timeline?

I remember all of you bitching about how everyone Jack knew in the future "died". But they didn't die. They never lived to begin with.

In a metaphysical way, aren't we all muderers? For every person born, another person dies.

And now trillions who were never born due to Aku will be born.

You have to ask yourself, what would have been better?: erasing an entire timeline by changing the past or working in the present to make a better future?

Everyone suffers in akus timeline

Everyone suffers now, suffering is a part of life but its still worth living.

>Everyone suffers now
And we don't live under the tyrannical dictatorship of an immortal, all-seeing god of evil who dedicates his entire existence to ensuring everyone is suffering all the time, so no, it's not really a comparison. Jack was right to do it.

>Everyone suffers

And yet we still strive for better futures. It's called willpower.
Tell that to North Korea, China, Cuba, Russia, and every other nation in the world.

>Tell that to North Korea, China, Cuba, Russia, and every other nation in the world.
Oh fucking spare me with your reactionary, pseudo-intellectual nonsense. If you honestly think our current situation is in any way comparable to living under a creature like Aku, then you need to get your head out of your ass and read some fucking history books.