Star vs

If Nefcy won't do anything to improve this show. After it's finale it will be remembered in negative way like Korra and last season of Samurai Jack

Attached: star-s3_intro_react.jpg (3840x2160, 936K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/StarVStheForcesofEvil/comments/85hkbc/shastacan_did_nothing_wrong/?st=jeyixyol&sh=b9222070
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's weird. When I talk to people in real life and in other forums they like those shows.

so
should i not bother with season 3-b?

maybe wait until after the finale airs and see what opinions are then

I haven't been able to make myself care after they wasted toffee. He felt like an endgame villain with the end goal of teaching star to be more thoughtful and responsible.

Is there anything in season 3 for me?

Monster lives matter pretty much

tumblr still enjoys them but that isn't telling much

Racial tension between Mewni and Monsters when theres no actual evil than human prejudices. It's basicaly shit. May as well introduce MRA as the villains.

So like.....

WHAHAPPENED

Mewmans' Rights Activists

Entire S3 could have just ended with Toffee's dead and nothing would have change.
Entire s3 is just nonsense with Ponyhead slice of life and libtard anti racism messages.

Star's trying to bring Mewmans and monsters together. It was cute at first, but now it feels like they're forcing drama to make you feel. Also, very little Marco.

The Eclipsa stuff's pretty good, though.

Find a job OP

Cool your jets Sup Forums it was a FILLER episode. The next one will probably have some secret plot StOlgas stuff that will get you all back on the bandwagon.

Not only that.

S2 was the best because it had a rising tension of threat coming from the lurking villain as well as happy pure innocent dynamic between Marco and Star. It felt like actual Disney story.

Then S3 ruins it all. Main villain is not a bomb but actually a firecracker. His replacement is a sympathehtic lady who was misunderstood and racisst High Commison is the true villain.

Ludo is nothing but child abuse plotline. Meteora is just a part of Eclipsa racism is bad plotline. Marco is a man whore who dates Jackie, Kelly and Hekapoo and expect us to "daawww" when he finally want to tap Star while cucking Tom. Star herself is just not fun anymore and make Tom orbit around her even thoush she doesn't care about anyone but Marco.

It's lost its magic. Epsecially with more obnoxious Ponyhead added to it.

Nefcy lost control. The show is pure garbage.

Attached: 1507505270112.jpg (396x330, 24K)

more like filler season

It will get better after the attempted date-rape episode.

Attached: ending the lucitor line.png (740x700, 183K)

Post Manna

Attached: 95efa732-a82c-4b36-b726-611db52b2721.png (1121x1043, 278K)

Attached: shoulder straps.png (525x600, 130K)

Don't nobody care about how Sup Forums will remember a show.

Attached: 1520654899408.gif (259x275, 485K)

Getting rid of the Earth characters will fix everything they said. Mewni will open up more interesting plotlines and better characters they implored.

Brittannybro was right. APOLOGIZE.

Attached: Star.vs.The.Forces.of.Evil.S01E05.Diaz.Family.Vacation_Brittneys.Party.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-iT0 (1920x1080, 1007K)

First two seasons where slice of life with an overarching plot sprinkled in. S1 has Ludo trying to steal Star´s wand and S2 is Toffee master plan.

Season 3 has a bunch off unconected plot threads that don´t appear to lead anywhere. Star trying to bring monsters and Newmans together, Star´s conection to the realm of magic and her buterfly form, Eclipsa and the magic council, Meteora´s plot. add to that that the few episodes that were like season 1 and 2 replaced the fun adventures with shipping drama and you can see why some people don´t like this season.

Sup Forums has shit taste. What else is new. You want to hate something you come here. You like anything? Good luck finding the few positive threads that do pop up.

>Sup Forums has shit taste. What else is new.
>implying
Sup Forums has the best taste so far.
Everytime i lurk here for new and good shows. Sup Forums is pretty good at delivering. 90% of the time i share the taste of Sup Forums. I learned more about comics and cartoons here then years actually reading this shit

True that.

To be fair, Sup Forums is the only place on the internet where LoK and SJ's ending are considered terrible.

That being said, love triangles and relationship drama are dragging down Star Vs. Its no coincidence that the quality of the show goes up when love triangles and relationships are not the focus.

The SoL shit was always tepid as fuck, especially considering the show was never that funny. It's always been at its best when its actually advancing some sort of plot or at least exploring new aspects of the universe. I hones

May be true, but Sup Forums wasn't complaining about Starcuck. I think a lot of people are just mad because they don't like the new dynamic as much.

>Star vs the Forces of Evil
>since the start of season 3 there hasn't been anyone really Evil left
JUST

Attached: pottery5.png (1276x716, 1.22M)

But Toffee wasn't that great. He manipulated a idiot, blew up his own body to inhabit the wand, then spent S2 mostly just dicking around with a drawn out, convoluted plan to fuck with magic and make Moon feel really bad. And it seemed like that Glossaryck was ahead of him the whole time. The more I think about him, the less impressed I am with him as a villain.

He also didn't have much motivation beyond wanting power or personality beyond being menacing. Whatever else you can say about Meteora, Ludo, the High Commission, etc. it's clear what their stakes in the plot are.

The relationships have been the part of the show I'm least invested in. At this point, I don't care who winds up with who. I was more invested in the brief Penelope/Slimeboy ship than anything involving the recent love triangles/squares/whatever.

Hoping that Toffee's far more intelligent older brother shows up soon to wreak havoc.

Attached: EL HERMANO.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

The last 6 episodes were kinda fun but yeah I like wacky Star more than gotta grow up fast Star. Not going to whine about Toffee, he got a good run and if you didn't see the monsters v Mewmans stuff coming halfway through s1 I can't help you.
I will say that most of the interesting ideas this show explored, it abandoned and that doesn't sit well with me. Also seriously what show needs 5 writers per episode?

>if you didn't see the monsters v Mewmans stuff coming halfway through s1 I can't help you

This, it was established early on that Mewni was basically an apartheid state and that the monsters as a whole weren't bad, so it was obviously going to come to the fore sooner or later.

I miss the wacky adventures on Earth episodes.

The show is not as fun without some kind of villain doing evil things and Star having to fight them on occasion.

I liked the first season with the Ludo plots and Star and Marco had to fight evil monsters. Now it's just really weird fantasy world, unrelatable slice of life stuff.

the only true loveform

Interest and viewership for LoK dropped so hard that Nick did not even air the later half of season 3 or the final season on any channel until more than a year later.

Doesn't the current monster arc sort of contradict the season 1 episode about Lobster Claws?

Where MArco was the one deluded into thinking a monster could be good, and Star knew that it was just their nature to be evil and hurt people? Only for Lobster Claws to return to being evil because they can only be evil?

We learn Toffee was the good guy

He's the rightful king of Mewni

Is this the new Star thread? Casue:

DiscussionShastacan did nothing wrong (self.StarVStheForcesofEvil)

submitted 10 hours ago by zenguy3

I'm 100% serious.

I felt compelled to write this piece because of the way King Shastacan of Mewni has been portrayed both in the show and on this subreddit. He's made his way to the bottom of everyone's favorite character list and is perceived as a villainous cur after less than a minute of total screen time.

There is at present no evidence of him doing anything particularly wrong or out of the ordinary and some evidence to the contrary. I admit freely that I am working off of limited data and am willing to eat my words if in the upcoming episodes he kicks babies, but at present that is not the case. Here, to the best of our knowledge, is the case of King Shastacan the Shafted.

What We Know : Eclipsa's mother was killed during her mid-teens and she was left without guidance in what were probably very trying times. She married Shastacan, seemingly young, and either never loved him or lost any affection she had for him rather quickly. She eloped with a monster and had an illegitimate lovechild. At the behest of either the King and/or the MHC, she was recaptured and her child was sent away and hidden. A peasant girl was elevated to the throne and history books were rewritten to cover up that fact.

oh yeah, it's kinda weird how Star's taken such a passive role in this season, with all this monster loving. Yeah it's the right thing to do, but hurry up and find someone else to fight, then, thanks.

Got bored so here: reddit.com/r/StarVStheForcesofEvil/comments/85hkbc/shastacan_did_nothing_wrong/?st=jeyixyol&sh=b9222070

TLDR Shastacan has no character to be judged on and even then did nothing wrong.

>implying that either of those shows are remembered badly anywhere but here

The Sup Forums bubble is a sad thing to see.

No more than Mewnipendence Day that same season did.

Star realized Lobster Claws and thus other monsters had the potential for good because he tried to resist the "evil" influence of the wand. Marco felt he still wasn't that good because he kept working for Ludo in the end, but even then it was implied Ludo's army owed their loyalty to him through him taking them off the streets and giving them a sweet castle and free milkshakes.

All Toffee did was try to reclaim the thrown rightfully his from the system that stole his wife and daughter.

Toffee did nothing wrong

I only bother to listen to Sup Forums for the more obscure stuff that some other forums I visit recommend anyway.
You'd be surprised at how untrue that statement is.

Also, I trust Sup Forums more than anywhere else to give substantive reasons for why a thing is bad beyond politics (though you have to endure quite a bit at times).

WHY don't everyone who dislikes the show now FUCK OFF from the threads and NEVER return?

Attached: 1505538272871.png (680x568, 440K)

>being this delusional

Because bitching and complaining is a time honored Sup Forums tradition. Besides, it's healthy to learn to tolerate the company of people who think differently than yourself. It's one of the reasons why I come here, instead of staying in some cloistered tumblr community where everyone agrees with me.

I miss Jackie

>I think a lot of people are just mad because they don't like the new dynamic as much.
That's because the new dynamic has been awful.

test

reddit please leave

I doubt he's actually done

I only trust Sup Forums for shows, their taste in comics is trash beyond the classics

Because then the thread would die

Nobody's going to remember Star vs. at all. They dropped the ball to hard in Season 3.

Damn, ya'll always complaining about every single show when it starts developing some lore and takes a sitback on the action department. Shows evolve. If you wanna watch a show with the same formula forever go watch Dexter or Old PPG then.

So, screwing up S3 erases all memories of the goods eps in S1&2, in spite of how popular it was? In spite of the volumes of artwork and fanfics? How exactly does that work, and can it be weaponized?

Season three is really boring so far.

So if we have something we don't like we should just not talk about it?

Screwing up Season 3 means that it can't be the perfect show we all look back on and wonder how it got everything right. It'll either be trash because everything went to shit after Season 2 or unremarkable if it has a satisfying ending because of how bad Season 3 was.

It was never popular enough to be the kind of show that people talk about years later. And now it'll never attain that level of popularity.

I watch this because I have nothing else.

Korra has recieved plenty of criticism elsewhere

I get that you probably feel some sort of cuck-kinship to Shastacan, but dude nobody gives a shit.
Who the fuck cares about Shastacan or Festivia or anyone else from back then?
Are people attacking him so much
that you feel the need to defend him.
Literally who is arguing this shit?
Seriously dude, I like reddit well enough, but keep this kind of shadowboxing bullshit over there.

Attached: spider.png (919x1051, 728K)

Normal people don't think that way. Shit, I don't think most of Sup Forums thinks that way.

Eh, I really don't like S3 but it has enough of a fanbase that I don't think it'll fall into obscurity the second it ends. The fandom seems pretty divided but so far I don't think it's done one really terrible thing that it's infamous for, just a bunch of stupid little things that may or may not get hate depending on the audience.

If S4 picks up the quality, which I'm not expecting but is possible, I can see 3 just being the weak link of a mostly decent show.

Attached: .png (549x938, 266K)

This show was far from perfect from the very begining, I agree season 3 has been worse overall but even if season 3 had the same quality as the first two seasons I wouldn’t call this show amazing. It’s certainly very good, but it doesn’t even come close to shit like ATLA.

CROWN

Attached: 1520191553033.png (451x531, 72K)

>H-hi Nefcy-sama, w-will i do something? I'm in the opening.
>N-nothing for me yet? oh o-okay.

Attached: Kelly.jpg (484x579, 54K)

When will Nefcy hire Sup Forums to write her show?

Attached: writers.png (746x578, 61K)

Has she even used her sword yet?

Would you if you could get away with it?

Attached: personal_touch_by_zehntacles-d97ymcd.jpg (300x452, 25K)

No one cares about Kelly

She has it in Starcrushed but I think that's it.

>DiscussionShastacan did nothing wrong

Reminder that both Solaria and Mina did nothing wrong as well. There is a history of monster attacks and sieges and it's even said that without Solaria's bravery and might, the kingdom would have fallen to the monsters.

Monster apologists need to get the fuck out.

Attached: queen_solaria_the_monster_carver_by_kabukiaku-daqp8jz.png (944x847, 639K)

We interrupt your daily thread discussions for an important message.

Hello, we here at Chad Science and Research Facility Inc., work around the clock to develop a serum that will cure the dreaded disease known as Bitchboius Pussywhipus. Our goal is to improve the state of male leads in entertainment. To better illustrate the urgency of this mission to the public, we've recorded some statements of our patients. Before you read the following, due to sensitive content readers discretion is advised.

Excerpt A
>You're my best friend, Jackie.

Excerpt B
>So did I do better than Marco?

Call 1-800-CHAD and with a small donation of $2.99, you too can help make a difference.

Attached: Chad Inc.jpg (800x350, 191K)

You could always reveal Marco to be a Devilman?

Attached: akira fudo crazy eyes.jpg (500x965, 107K)

Posting something that wasn't funny multiple times doesn't make it funnier.

Going from having no magic to corrupting nearly all of it is very impressive.

Lobster Claws isn't all monsters, so no.
And Marco's "deluded" effort was admirable.

Kill yourself reddit shitposter, or at least go away.

>Marco
>Being anything else than a Star's bitch boy

Here, you dropped this. Now, there's no need to thank me, I know it's a heavy bottle.

Attached: soylent.jpg (1500x1499, 167K)

IS Wrathmelior best MILF?

Attached: S3E10_Wrathmelior_and_Dave_Lucitor_arrive.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

Reminder that this whole season is going to amount to almost entirely filler. Star dating Tom is purely because the writers couldn't think of any other way to keep Star and Marco spinning their wheels instead of making any progress for a whole season, and even the Eclipsa-Meteora thing is going to amount to nothing since Eclipsa's not a villain and doesn't have any particular agenda, and Meteora just surrenders peacefully in 2 weeks.

rats captured ludo's cornfield, ate whole corn without ludotoffee's guidance and never ever let any monster to touch the crops
change my mind

..Wait, so user is a cannibal?

>Better than Angie
I think not, user...

Attached: Angie_Diaz.jpg (731x1094, 101K)

Attached: .png (1764x2508, 1.28M)

They could have spend the season actually building Marco's character.

>Season 3 starts
>Marco gets back to Star in the first episode, at the end they promise each other they'll become better people and that when they resolve their own problems, then they'll meet again
>Star goes on her mission to become a better princess and deals with Eclipsa and the monsters
>Marco goes on his own "redemption" arc similar to Ludo's training arc
>They have some goofy episodes together from time to time
>Their paths meet again in the finale

With that you have two very solid and developed characters ready to handle the big shit in season 4. However, the current state is that Star is having an existential crisis and Marco's as interesting as Jackie. It baffles my mind that the writers have so much creative freedom and they manager to fuck it up so bad to the point where the season is a incoherent mess.

Eclipsa was a mistake

Wow! Any more obscure monsters?

Attached: .png (729x990, 536K)

haven't seen yet.

Attached: .png (902x1000, 649K)

>it doesn’t even come close to shit like ATLA.

ATLA is actually quite garbage but it got hyped up to hell.

>disliking ATLA
Is Sup Forums really THIS contrarian?

It's actually not better than Korra at all. It's entirely a difference in perception.

Then dont get undressed in front of me, dumbass