How does something like this get published? Does DC just not care anymore?

How does something like this get published? Does DC just not care anymore?

Attached: three flashes one catwoman.jpg (1988x3056, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/catwoman-defeats-three-speedsters-batman/333245
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Plot armor is sexually transmitted.

They care about sales and Batman sells.

>How does something like this get published? Does DC just not care anymore?
She was clearly using the Cat Force , which everyone knows trumps the Speed force,

This.

Attached: 1376561713605.png (291x317, 14K)

Why the fuck are you still reading Big 2? Shouldnt you EXPECT this kind of shit from the Big 2? Next month there will be another Big 2 shit similar to this, and I wonder how long it will take for you to abandon the ship.

batman masterfully prepared the meeting with cat-woman to intercept the incoming Flashes

as expected of an detective

checks out.

Attached: catforce.jpg (620x977, 195K)

This is incredibly dumb but it's been discussed to death, how about we talk about something else?

Attached: catforce2.jpg (1113x1258, 563K)

You could have hidden the thread.

Bwa haha, i was just making a bad joke. but leave it to DC to actually prove me right.

Because not all of us were here for those discussions? Because some of us have lives beyond this place?

Loser.

You are discussing and getting triggered over dumb shit that happened on the Big 2. You DONT have a life.

Some of our brains aren't addled by memes, irony and autism. It makes sense in story, you know that. But you wanna fit in! The Sup Forumsification of this board. Sad.

They've published a lot worse than this over the years, what's the big deal?

I literally just downloaded 42 on a whim because I remembered someone storytiming the preview. I don't really care about DC or Marvel or powerlevel shit.

I'm triggered because I don't understand how someone who shits out the OP finds himself employed writing for a major publisher. That makes NO sense whatsoever so yes I am mad.

WHOA

Have you ever wondered that if it is because said "major publisher"....is SHIT? Marvel and DC are fucking jokes when the subject is comics, and they are the garbage of the literary world. HOW ARE YOU IMPRESSED?

is catwoman at least enhanced by something for that fight?

>it makes sense in context
Nope! No it doesn't!

The flashes are what, maybe 10-15 feet away from Catwoman, whose limbs are all at ease, in the bottom panel? Maybe less? I don't need to do calculation to determine there's no way Catwoman can react that fast. It DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER if Ivy can't fully exploit their powers. They're still running at or near the speed of light.

YOU are retarded.

Attached: three flashes one catwoman prelude.jpg (1988x3056, 1.05M)

Fucking spaz. You bring nothing to this board.

What if I told you they're possessed, and that it's been a comic trope since the 40s, especially regarding Superman and Batman and friends, that possessed, mind controlled heros are kinda dumb and job to the clear headed protagonist.

READ MORE COMICS

they lost on purpose. She paid them off beforehand.

>indiefag

>Nope! No it doesn't!
Yeah it does.

>They're still running at or near the speed of light.
No they're not.

What do you bring to this board? Has anyone brought something of value as of late?

Hurrdurr but it was “explained” in the story! That’s why it makes sense! There was a flimsy bit of dialogue “justifying” it to the readers! Now excuse me while I lick Tom King’s asshole.

Did you read what I just said? I KNOW they're possessed, and I said it doesn't fucking matter considering how close they are to Catwoman in that panel, moving at or near tbe speed of light, when her limbs are all at ease! It's impossible for her limbs to react that quickly, and even if they DID you mean to tell me Ivy weaved those three fucks through crazy ass city traffic and across oceans, but she can't weave them around a kick from a non-enhanced cat-lady?!?

Based on what? Do you have ANY proof of that claim?? Because when you show a speedster running and surrounded by lightning shit and speed lines, the IMPLICATION IS THAT THEY'RE RUNNING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT. SO TELL ME HOW YOU KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THEY'RE RUNNING SUFFICIENTLY SLOW ENOUGH FOR SOME CRAZY CAT LADY TO REALISTICALLY REACT.

TELL ME.

They ran from Central City to Gotham in the span of maybe ten seconds? Even if they weren’t running at the speed of light, they were certainly running fast enough that they should not be seen, let alone hit. They were moving faster than any vehicle possibly could. And given that they (a) made the journey without tearing themselves apart on any obstacles and (b) didn’t leave a trail of destruction in their wake, it implies that Ivy has a sufficient grasp of the Speed Force -even if she can’t use the Flashes at absolute maximum efficiency. In fact that was already shown in the previous issue when she places Barry’s jaw in front of Batman’s fist faster than he can react.

Do you really think comics represent as accurately as photographs? They're drawings. Things often don't match up.
>It's impossible for her limbs to react that quickly
See, it's impossible to know how fast her limbs would have to react. The way the panels break up the sequence is more akin to a quick editing in an action movie, where this exact problem applies but nobody really cares, because we know that these cuts/panels *represent* an action, not *depict* it.

You're all missing the point, the real "How does something like this get published?" is that this is yet again more 3d poser model non-art fucking trash

if I wanted to look at this shit I'd go to 3d-russian-incest-comics.co.biz.ru, not buy a comic book from a major publisher or play a shitty telltale game

>Lightning and speed lines = THEY'RE RUNNING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT

Check out this nerd rage. Go shoot up your school, dork, haha.

>3d model renders straight out of Poser software
>""They're drawings""
get more discerning eyes

Why doesn't cat force help this dork?

Attached: 1460093199969.gif (540x271, 1.98M)

I mostly agree with you, but the flash rarely runs at the speed of light, they're running faster than Catwoman could react to and with enough momentum that trying to strike them would have broken her ankles and wrists, but in no way does "speedforce lines = running at the speed of light"

>IMPLICATION IS THAT THEY'RE RUNNING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT.
That's wrong tho. The lightning is just a special effect DC likes to use for the flash.

batman the character that always sell>the rest of DC roster

Of course they're not photographs, but clearly the idea is we're seeing flashes' POV in that panel and he is RIGHT FUCKING BEHIND THEM. If that's what the author intended, the author should've drew the fucking scene differently.

But no. This motherfucker knew EXACTLY what he was doing: building up the non-enhanced crazy Catlady he wants to fuck at the complete expense of other characters and decades' worth of history and lore.

>They ran from Central City to Gotham in the span of maybe ten seconds?
You don't the starting position nor the time it took it to get there.

To be fair Flash is known for jobbing to people slower than him.

>it implies that Ivy has a sufficient grasp of the Speed Force
That's wrong though as the speed force does all that automatically.

Once again, it's built into the possessed/mind controlled deal that they're weaker and dumber than usual and their entire purpose is to job. That's the deal. Maybe your problem was that it was Selina, a gross girlll, and not daddy Bats?

He has to or else there would be no story. It's like how normal human can take more damage in fiction or how superman doesn't break bones everytime someone bumps into him.

No, you don't

Is that an excuse? Just because nonsense is normal, doesnt make it less nonsensical

There really is no story in a world where a guy can run so fast he goes back in time, or evacuate an entire building in half an attosecond.

OK that's it I'm fucking done with you. You must be shitposting at this point.

>msybe your problem was tbat it was Selina, a gross grill, and not daddy Bats?
Yeah, you have GOT to be shitposting right now. I'd the same problem if Bats did it. He's a non-enhaced weirdo that cosplays a flying monkey.

I already told you why the possession making them weaker shit doesn't matter.

I'm done with you.

I'm BEYOND done with your stupid, dipshit ass.

The Indies have a worse case of Mary Sueism

It's not an excuse and by no means defending what happened in the issue, I'm just saying it's not strange/new to see a speedster getting hit by a normal moving person.

>>msybe
>you have GOT to be shitposting
>I'm done
>I'm BEYOND done
>mindless insults

You are really getting upset about this, Linkara. Literary analysis only suffers from an emotionally clouded mind. Breathe. Relax. Are you married to Batman comics? No. You are (hopefully) an adult, who can distance themselves from the diegetic contratictions of mainstream superhero fiction. Stop being angry at pictures.

This is the same writer who had Batman snap and try to kill Riddler -and not Joker.

The same writer that had Joker save Ridder -completely out of character by the way, and NEVER bring it up or taunt Batman about it.

The same writer that had Batman “confess” this secret to Catwoman as though she would give a shit or that it could be a dealbreaker.l

The same writer who had the other Gotham villians inexplicably give a shit about Joker and Riddler’s pissing contest and choose sides -half of them being on the wrong side thematically (my god did TWOJAR suck).

The same writer who had Batman free all the Arkham inmates to help him stop Bane. There are so many things wrong with that scenario, where do I even begin?

The same writer who does this retarded CAT/BAT shit every single issue.

The same writer who had Talia job to Catwoman and even mention in the dialogue that Talia has trained her whole life and Catwoman has held a sword maybe once in her life before.

The same writer who had Batman defeat Superman with a whistle. And hit a baseball thrown by Superman when it’s established that Jon can’t hit it.

The same writer who had Batman somehow wake up, instinctively know that he was about the be possessed by Ivy, and synthesize a cure immediately.

The same writer who had Batman throw a punch at Alfred’s frail, old man body when Alfred wasn’t even in control. What the fuck?

The same writer who has Ivy possess Harley.

The same writer who gave Harley four PHDs and is now the world’s leading neurosurgeon.

The same writer who had Batman “plan” to get punched out (and not decapitated) by Superman, brought to hospital (instead of being tossed in a gutter) and treated by Harley instead of any number of other doctors. Batman planned for all of this to line up somehow.

The question you should be asking yourself is why an entire board was dedicated to the discussion of this tripe.

Batman comics have very little editorial interference
its why all the top talent go to those titles

>Inb4 you can't use real Physics
I know real physics don't apply, but there's no way Selena is fast enough or strong enough to strike down a single flash running at a speed that's low for them, let alone 3.
They were atleast out of frame and they arrived before Batman could turn around, they got there shorter than his reaction time, an average of 0.25s, so assuming they cover the distance of what? Say a minimum of 10m, they'd be running at a minimum of 40m/s, assuming Barry and the two Wally's have a total mass of 77*3kg, 231kg, that's 9420 Kgms^-1, if they accelerated from say, 20m/s to 40m/s in those 10m, that would be 6kN's each, one of them just running into her would have been twice the amount of force required to break her bones. And this is just a very rough, back of the envelope calculation.
>Tl:Dr, one of them simply colliding with her would have been more than enough to break her bones

Actually there's fucking 75 fucking years of stories like that and almost everyone else seem to understand.

Could Dogman beat Catwoman?

Tl:dr shitposter.

We can safely assume that both Wallies were in their home city. Where else would you assume them to be? They got to Gotham very fucking fast, dodging obstacles the entire way. If you want to suggest that they were elsewhere (closer to Gotham) the onus is on you. Admittedly, Barry was last seen knocked out in Wayne Manor, so he could have reached Catwoman without needing to go as fast as the two Wallies. But even then, he was able to race from Central City to Wayne Manor faster than Batman could throw a punch.

We already know WHY they were all racing to attack Batman and Catwoman -it was in response to Batman incapitating Superman. Batman anticipated that response. So they started running towards Batman at the very earliest after the whistle.

We know when they started running and we have a pretty good idea of where they were reasonably located at the time Ivy decided to attack. That’s fucking fast.

We’ve already seen Ivy manouver Barry faster than Batman can react.

>but there's no way Selena is fast enough or strong enough to strike down a single flash running at a speed that's low for them, let alone 3.
But she did. The question now is this worth discussing? Do we really need this many threads created to talk about this? Is this not at this just shitposting?

Are they 75 years of good or atleast coherent comics? Are they all up to the Sup Forums standard of being better than Watchmen?
Thought so.

Attached: wyRUaMz.jpg (1101x1642, 543K)

The Speed Force reducing the friction around you automatically, I can buy that. I don’t buy that the Speed Force guides you around trees, fences, pot holes, cars and buildings faster than the eye can see, only to get knocked out by Catwoman.

>We can safely assume that both Wallies were in their home city
No we cannot.

Was it rape?

>I don’t buy that the Speed Force guides you around trees, fences, pot holes, cars and buildings faster than the eye can see
That's literally why the speed force was onvented, to shut down that kind of thinking, to suspend your disbelief.

I don't think it's particularly worth talking about, especially how it's just mostly shitposting, it's why the calculations were only somewhat accurate, but this kind of this is such fucking ass pull it's not just The Flash jobbing like he normally does, this is Catwoman, a mostly unremarkable human, being able to take down 3 of the fastest beings on the planet faster than Batman can even react. It's absolutely ridiculous, Ivy being able to take over the whole world is more believable

I want realism in my superhero comics. Batman has superpowers, so I can excuse his superhuman intellect, reaction time, combat ability and foresight. Catwoman is merely a human; a female one at that.

>Considering that they shouldn't have been hit or seen
>Not considering her limb or half his body should've been chopped off just by the force all three flash had
Bonus points if we consider just by the flash stopping the wind keeps the speed and blows batman and catwoman away

>But she did
The point is it's terrible writing. It's incongruous with just about everything we know about the featured characters -- ~75 years of history and lore dismissed because this hack fraud wants to push this insipid BatCat angle but lacks the deftness or creativity to pull it off without shitting on just about every other character.

And it will be worth discussiong so long as idiots still think it's plausible. You can't just dismiss a subject because you don't to be reminded about how trashy your favorite writter/ship is.

If you think that bad bc it's silly, you don't know comics. Surprise.

I already reply to this 5 FUCKING THREADS BACK! the flash does not work like that user. If they did, they would have killed hundreds of people everytime they run just by displaced air alone. They would create explosive shockwaves and be unable to touch anyone.

Not incongruous, you've just not read very many comics. Which is why this is so embarrassing.

> so long as idiots still think it's plausible
Nobody thinks that. People are just shitposting because nerds get really angry about inane shit

>You can't
>you don't want to be reminded
>your favourite writer/ship
Who are you talking to?

Flash does work like that, though. It's literally the guiding principle for one of his most known attacks.

>The point is it's terrible writing
No the point is obviously to shitpost. that's why this thread keeps getting remade.

I’m curious, you seem good with numbers. How fast would the Flashes be traveling to cover the distance between Gotham (New Jersey) from Central City (has been historically located all over the place, but let’s assume Missouri since it’s closer to NJ)? Let’s assume they started running when Superman was knocked out.

Also, how fast was Barry moving to block Batman’s punch? For this one, let’s be generous and assume that Barry was for some reason already standing outside Bruce’s front door and only had to navigate through the mansion faster than a punch.

>Ivy wants to hurt them
>She does really know how the speedforce works unlike Barry and the two Wally's
>They know how not to hurt people like Superman knows how
>But it d-doesnt work t-that way
Barry has used momentum to hurt enemies before, the speedforce allows you to basically cancel your momentum without creating massive forces, but you can still use them, it's not an automatic thing

There's something about the nature of comics, the sequential still images, that makes creators get retarded about what speed things are travelling.
Like a main-stay of comics and manga is someone leaping in the air at someone and they both exchange several lines of dialog as if the person is just floating there.
This explains why lots of retardation featuring speedsters is in comics, since in live-action/animation you are forced to realize oh yeah, this guy is moving while everything relative to him is paused stationary.

cbr.com/catwoman-defeats-three-speedsters-batman/333245
suck it nerds

Not incongruous? Awesome! Show me 3 times a speedster has jobbed to a normal, non-enhanced human like Catwoman because they couldn't dodge.

I'll wait. I'm SO glad there's a precedent for shit like this and I was just getting mad over nothing!

I assume the only reason anyone would defend this is they like the ship.
>But shitposters!
I assume everyone is earnest until they give me reason to believe otherwise.

I notice you're leaving out "mind-controlled," because you've made up your mind that that doesn't matter, right? Hero, mind controlled hero, same abilities, clarity of mind, memories etc, right?

No he was clearly more angry at you being a complete retard and making a post without rhyme or reason.
Then again you appear to be a woman so it's not really your fault I guess.

>the point is to shitpost
What? Do you think getting mad at hack, shit-tier writing is shitposting?

Kill yourself my dude. Seriously go somewhere else if you just want to circlejerk to garbage like this.

I mean Wally ran into Deathstrokes sword because he "predicted" where he was gonna go. I mean Slade is enhanced also Flash rogue gallery are all un-enhanced and they usually job against them (granted they have specialized equipment to deal with speedsters) Also didn't promethous tag flash?

>I was just getting mad over nothing!

I am the original user, not the one you responded to, thanks for confirming my point. It is women! Disgusting, snobby women always thinking they're better than you! Show them. Show them on Sup Forums!

>Tl;dr

Tom King is shit.

>If you want to circlejerk

Do you have *no* self awareness? You are flailing bb.

>Show them.
No need, just like in this thread you're capable of ridiculing yourself on your own.
You're the Dick Dastardly of gender.

I left it out because it doesn't matter. Sure they're not as powerful with Ivy at the helm, but she already demonstrated that she can manuveur three of them across city and state in a matter of seconds. A single speedster realizing only half their potential is by far more than Cat can handle.

>Mind control doesn't matter.

Thank you, good night!

Superman is still falling and Catwoman and batman say a few words to eachother, and then add the reaction time, let's estimate this at a fair 10s?
Google maps chucks out 1682408m as the distance between NJ and Missouri so we'll use that, that means they were traveling at 168km/s, this means that, assuming they started from rest and that 168km/s is the speed they're at when Selena strikes them, they would have an average acceleration of 16.8kms^-2, again, assuming each flash has a mass of 77Kg's, that's 12MN of force, or 12 million Newton's, this is equivalent to half the force of the Saturn V rocket at liftoff
The numbers here are quite big, but that's because they're covering such a massive distance in such a small period of time, arguably smaller as Superman would have only been falling for about 3 seconds, so assuming he's halfway in the air, that cuts the time down to 1.5s + 0.25 for reaction time, meaning 1.75s so realistically one flash would be moving with a force of 42MN, 1.5* the force of the Saturn V at lift off

Batman striking retard poses while shit happens around him?
Hilarious.
He looks frozen desu, why is he passive in that sequence?

Not an argument.

Finally an user who can admit being wrong and stupid, respect.

Not when she's shown to be capable enough with their powers it doesnt

On any normal day, in absence of any other information we can assume the heroes are in their home city. Without being given any sort of extenuating circumstances, why the fuck wouldn’t they be?

If I got to write the next TMNT/Batman crossover, the reader can assme, right from the word GO that the TMNT are in their version of New York and Batman is in Gotham before the story even fucking begins. Unless told otherwise, why wouldn’t they be?

Why would anyone assume that the Flashes were actually already in Gotham only a block away from Catwoman when they started running at her? By that logic, with nothing to support it, I could assume they had to run all the way from Antarctica.

Given that this isn’t a crossover that affects the Flash books -which is the only way that the timeline could be nailed down concretely, the safest bet is to either (a) assume they were in the city they normally are in when Ivy chose to strike, or (b) look up the most recent Flash book that was published to get a VERY rough idea of what the Flashes were doing at this aproximate time -and even then the timeline won’t be concrete, but it should give you a rough idea. If you post some scans that show the Flashes are currently dealing with some stuff in Gotham I’ll eat my words. Until then, they were in Central City.

EXPLAIN TO ME HOW IT MATTERD THEN DIPSHIT

EXPLAIN HOW A MIND CONTROLLED FLASH, WHO US NOT REALIZING HIS FULL POTENTIAL BUT CAN STILL TRAVEL ACROSS STATES AND CITIES IN 5 10 SECONDS, WEAVING AROUND OBSTACLES ALL THE WHILE, HAS ANY BUSINESS JOBBING TO CAT LIKE THAT

EXPLAIN OR SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

This get published because the vast majority of the people are really enjoyed the run of King so DC is like whatever.

Why assume that i made that post? If you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.