JUSTICE LEAGUE Relaunches With SNYDER, CHEUNG & JIMENEZ

DC Entertainment continues to attract dynamic, top-name talent, announcing today that artists Jim Cheung (Marvel’s Young Avengers) and Jorge Jiménez (SUPERMAN, SUPER SONS) will join acclaimed writer Scott Snyder (DARK NIGHTS: METAL) in launching DC’s flagship JUSTICE LEAGUE comic book in June.

On sale June 6, JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 follows the events of DC NATION #0 (on sale May 2) and JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE (on sale weekly from May 9 through 30). The Justice League is launched into a mystery that will draw out their most terrible foes…in ways our heroes couldn’t possibly imagine! In this debut issue, Martian Manhunter struggles to protect the team from an incoming threat that will shatter the world as they know it, while a familiar face strikes out on a dark path…

> “I am extremely honored, and happy, to be able to launch JUSTICE LEAGUE with Scott and Jorge,” says Cheung about headlining the new series. “It has been many years since I've had the pleasure of working at DC, but when Scott first mentioned this opportunity, I knew I couldn't say no. His energy and excitement has been infectious, and I can't wait to share what we have in store! I can't think of a more perfect book to return to DC on! These characters are ones that I grew up loving, and the prospect of being able to leave my mark on them, leaves me thrilled.”

Shipping biweekly, in JUSTICE LEAGUE #2 on June 20 by Snyder and Jiménez, the League is faced with an impossible decision…and now they must face the consequences! While Martian Manhunter and Batman attempt to recruit an old ally back into the fold, The Flash and Hawkgirl are blindsided by new challenges that could rewrite their mythologies!

Attached: MTUyMTQ3NjUyNQ==.jpg (922x1400, 487K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/39118-official-justice-league-relaunches-with-snyder-cheung-and-jimenez.html#sthash.X5vaD5py.uxfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> “Working on JUSTICE LEAGUE is probably the most exciting opportunity I've ever had in my career,” says Jiménez. “I feel more than ever that this is my moment! I have in my hands a script written by the incredible Scott Snyder starring most important DC characters–Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman! Even better, I have the hyper-mega-talented Jim Cheung beside me! I can't ask for more!”

>“Justice League has been the golden ring for me since I came to DC,” says Snyder. “The story I have planned is something I've been building towards through DARK NIGHTS: METAL and I can't wait to tell it in the biggest way possible. And to have mega star Jim Cheung as one partner, and rising superstar Jorge Jimenez as my other partner, I'm just thrilled to get to work!”

>“One last thing for my friends, family and fans,” concludes Jiménez. “Quiero aprovechar para decir que el colorista Alejandro Sanchez es tan importante como el que más en este equipo LIGA DE LA JUSTICIA. ¡Tenemos entre manos a los mejores personajes del mundo del cómic! y prometo que daremos nuestro máximo esfuerzo para que luzcan lo más frescos, dinámicos y atractivos que podamos!”

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 arrives in stores June 6, followed by JUSTICE LEAGUE #2 on June 20. Below is a first look at both Cheung and Jiménez’ covers for their issues. Fans can also expect variant covers by Jim Lee and Scott Williams.

newsarama.com/39118-official-justice-league-relaunches-with-snyder-cheung-and-jimenez.html#sthash.X5vaD5py.uxfs

Attached: MTUyMTQ3NjUzOA==.jpg (921x1400, 380K)

Relaunching/renumbering is a mistake

Hnnnng S tire line up

Attached: 7701C052-D297-407F-A9B5-D254CEFBD788.jpg (876x822, 43K)

I'm happy for Jiminez, guy deserves it

is that a fucking X Man? jesus christ DC just fucking die already

>Scott Snyder on JL
Wellp, that’s just one more title from DC that I won’t be following, sad

>no Aquaman or Cyborg on this cover
Ah so definitely we want the DCAU audience.
Is that that fancy as gauntlet from Hawkman lore on kendra?

>we want the DCAU audience

>Martian Manhunter struggles to protect the team
“Let me just use my-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

>is that a fucking X Man? jesus christ DC just fucking die already

What teh fuck are you talking about?

It’s refreshing to have a Latin person in comics who can actually speak Spanish.

Will Jon Steward x Kendra become a thing just for the sake of synergy? Because the team is already JLU plus Cyborg

This title is still twice weekly.

>living up to Geoff Johns
>living up to Bryan Hitch
Pick one and only one Scott Snyder

Jon was shipped with Shayera in the cartoon. I don’t think Snyder will stoop so low to ship Jon with Kendra.

Would be funny because DCAU Hawkgirl wasn’t Kendra.

>X-Man
Nigga, this is literally (in the actual definition of the word) the cast of the 2000s JL/JLU cartoon.

the marvel ripoff in the back

That's Hawkgirl. The Hawks have been a part of DC since the 1940s. I can't call you a casual because most normies probably wouldn't know who Angel is either.

Are you talking about Hawkgirl? Because if so, your baiting is legit retard-tier now, Ladderfag.

>Fans can also expect variant covers by Jim Lee and Scott Williams.
Fucking why? I don't want that shit

> Hack Snyder

Attached: 1512670355954.jpg (300x250, 16K)

why do you people hate fun comics

Just do it. Pull the trigger.

Not him but Snyder is legit terrible. Between his constant fakeouts and THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME plots it gets very tiresome

so what? Priest is off the title already?

he was making things too interesting so DC wisely got rid of him

So... with John, Hawkgirl, and MM back... is that Flash possibly... Wally????

>but Snyder is legit terrible.
try fooling someone who didn't read his comics. I've been a fan since court of owls and he has consistently killed, it in both mainstream and indie.

That's not true though, his run was literal dogshit. I can't imagine Snyder could do worse than what we've been getting with this team since the early 2000's.

He's not Latin though

Can't remember the last time Cheung stayed on a book until the end.

lmao, it's Barry. Wally has a new costume now anyway.

Yeah, but this is after Flash War, right? Couldn't that change?

You are full of shit. The only thing Priest has done so far is turn DC civs into Marvel civs. Also
>"A black man in charge of the JL! 'Bout time, YO!"

Jon, your ring seems to be pushing some decidedly indigo hues there...

He's going Marvel exclusive.

>Barry
>Wonder Woman
>Stewart
>cyborg
>aquaman
It’s shit

Attached: 8BC57D9D-915E-4A22-A9B8-CCFD25F38FA6.jpg (871x607, 97K)

Well from all the titles of Rebirth the worst has been JL so Im fine with a new relaunch but kind of sad that Jessica is no more in the team

Not that user, but I can’t agree, Snyder has been carried by the artists that he works with at every turn, CoO was alright, but it certainly wasn’t anything special, the ending completely shit the bed, and everything that followed was complete garbage, Death of the Family has me drop all Bat related titles during New 52 it was so bad, and it never got any better. It’s nice that you still enjoy his comics, but as far as I’m concerned, Snyder is part of my black list with Slott, Bendis and Dan Way.

>relaunch
Why? Why, DC? You wan't to destroy everything again???

It's only one title that was shit since the start of Rebirth. Hitch was a mistake.

They're relaunching Superman too.

It's only two titles that were shit since the start of Rebirth. Hitch and Tomasi were a mistake.

I know, but i like big numbers. If thwy will relaunch JL so relaunch JLA who is worse than JL.

>Ladderfags being this desperate

Court of Owls was fine, but his quality dipped after that. He kept trying to one up himself, Joker wanking like crazy, and made 2 OC creations for the sake of royalties. He's more concerned about leaving his mark on Batman than creating a good story

McDuffie is dead. He was the only one pushing for it.

Synder replaces fun ideas and stops people from reading old comics.

>He kept trying to one up himself
nothing wrong with that, while endgame/superheavy was definitely his worst attempt at just trying to go big without any substance, I genuinely enjoyed everything and his all star batman run.

>John Stewart on JL
No one tell Geoff Johns!

>Wonder Woman
Oh joy, now Snyder finally has his grubby hands on Diana. Can't wait for this new exciting flavor of disappointment.

Seriously, can y'all just leave her alone for once? We all know she's only there because she's a recognizable name.
>not the strategist, that's Batman
>not the muscle, that's Superman
>not the heart, that Superman and Batman
If you're not gonna have her actually do anything, why is she here? As a fan, I'd rather she wasn't in the League at all than be filler.

And yeah, Snyder seems to like her, but he sucks. And the last time a big name writer took an interest in her, we got the Robinson run, which also sucks. Fuck you, Johns.

>top name talent
>Snyder

Enough with this meme. The only good thing he’s written is the American Vampire, and by Second Cycle the comic sucked
>b-but Black Mirror
Shut the fuck up

>Martian Manhunter
Yay!
>Hawkgirl
Boo!
>John Stewart
BOO!
>Cyborg AND GL John Stewart
BOOOO!!!!

Where’s Zatanna?! Or Black Canary?!!

Hitch was the only good JL writer since Kelly
Justice League is the mistake

I'm not saying a writer shouldn't try to improve his craft, but doing world shattering event after event gets fucking boring after a bit. Take a look at The Dark Prince Charming; its good because its a well written story with a simple premise. Gotham isn't on the brink of destruction, its just about Joker kidnapping a child with another plot woven into it. That's a big problem with Batman these days. Writers keep trying to make these overly dramatic epics instead of good detective stories just so we can keep comparing him to the likes of Superman or Wonder Woman. Court of Owls was stronger because it was a genuine mystery.

>muh fun!

Stop posting

>no Hal

Attached: 1505390778079.jpg (455x305, 53K)

Citation please

>John Stewart and Hawkgirl
HA! This is such a blatant case of wanting the DCAU audience, literally no one has cared about John for over a decade because his defining character traits are "muh Xanshi" and "MARINES OORAH". This is even why they made him leader of the GL corps because they wanted him to have at least something else.

I'd only want Hal if both Barry and Ollie were in the league so we'd get homoerotic scenes of those two fighting over Hal.

It's a shame, I liked it apart from him writing Jessica out of character. It was fun seeing Bruce have a breakdown from fucking up once from being too overworked.

regardless of your opinion, he's fresh off the heels of one of the best selling batman runs of all time & the best selling DC event since the death of superman (metal)

So... is Cheung only doing covers only?

no he and Jimenez are rotating artists.

>the best selling DC event since the death of superman (metal)
Is this true?

Attached: DUp-0pSU8AAXwD3.jpg (1200x800, 122K)

It’s a Batman event, what do you expect? Batman is like one of the only things that DC can really sell

Will people ever figure out the Hawkgirls are less interchangeable than the Hawkmen.

Do we have any data on toonfags reading comics.

>Detective Comics Comics will literally die without Batman
Honestly, it's their own damn fault. They continue to insist on pushing this one property at the expense of all others, and the obvious result manifested years ago. At this point, they may as well just cancel their other books, cause realistically Batman is all they got.

This will be the best Justice League run of the last 10 years.

Surpise! They don't read comics.

What kills me is that even other properties that they’ve got that have been pushed recently have narrowed heavily from Batman, shit look at Arrow, it might as well just be called Green Batman. Batman is the character who gets an anime adaptation, Batman gets top billing in the JL manga, Batman gets the video games, Batman has twice the number of animated shows compared to everything else DC has, same with films, and it seems like every animated film has to be based on Batman.

Fuck you WB, give the better fucking characters a chance and maybe something other than Batman from DC would dominate the monthly top ten comic sales

>better
They don't have anyone better.

>Interchangable
>Nobody cares enough to tell them apart

Same thing, Hawkbro, sorry to say.

He's not, he said they invited him to the dinner since he was in town

>this will be the best smelling garbage I’ve had this decade

I disagree, the majority of DC’s heroes are far more entertaining and interesting then Batman

People often point out that "Well Batman is really popular, of course they market him a lot!". Problem is, especially now, when Batman is guaranteed to sell copies no matter what, it makes no sense to keep up the constant Bat-Marketing to such an extreme degree.

You can more than afford to lend some marketing dollars to other characters. Batman doesn't need to be advertised, cause people are going to buy that book anyway. It's as if Batman getting all the attention is just obligatory now.

>John Stewart
Irememberbackwheniwasinthemarinesbackwheniwasinthemarinesonetimewheniwasstillinthemarines

How many relaunches do you need? Honestly.

This. Just sucks I'll be skipping all of this. I have no interest in DC with Bendis.

Fuck you, I'm so sick of you faggots. I prefer entertainment not empty "fun".

>he's fresh off the heels of one of the best selling batman runs of all time
That's a fucking lie.
>& the best selling DC event since the death of superman (metal)
I doubt that as well since your first statement was a lie.

snyder isn't empty fun tho

We disagree.

Nobody cares what (You) think.

>makes a Justice League Megazord
>does nothing with it, it's just the cold open
>the issue, FOR SOME FUCKING REASON, is not about the League laying waste to Warworld with their newly acquired Megazord
You're full of shit, and Snyder is a fucking hack.

Honestly, rebooting Superman again for the second time in two year, bringing Bendis in, renumbering and all these stupid mini's and bullshit "this is the new status quo" shit just pisses me off. I've dropped or lost six DC books this year and will be dropping Superman, action and losing super sons now. Rebirth was great for like a year and a few months then it just went to shit. By this summer it all just lost its way.

I have zero excitement for anything DC. And I'm not a mouse shill. The only book they've produced worth excitement in years and for at least the next year was The Platoon. I honestly just wish I could keep the Superfam as is. I'm only sticking with king until the wedding to sell issues 1-50 online. Then the only books I'll have left are aquaman and future quest.

>Stewart
fuck off

Just want to know who's gonna write and draw GL especially with John gone.

He'll draw maybe 3 issues and then leave

Jimenez? Sign me the fuck up, I love his style

Attached: RCO027_1480510029.jpg (1600x1230, 576K)

I feel most of what you are saying but what is wrong with minis? Most are pretty good actually, and DC has been doing minis for a long time, nothing new.

Remember when he was doing art for the catastrophe that was Earth 2: World's End? He has come up so high incredibly quickly.

So you’ve been reading the Hitch Dumpster fire

Nothing's wrong with mini's its the shitty minis they've announced like No Justice and Man of Steel that suck. Beside that

>They've been doing that for a long time, nothing new
isn't a good reason to do anything or for anyone to accept it. It's also condescending to assume I don't know that.

it's going to be painful leaving this on the shelf some weeks but Snyder sucks so it'll be less hard. Otherwise I have at least one copy of most of the guys appearances.

DC's pretty much going to need to be skipped until bendis is off superman or king is off batman. I'm not continuing to invest in characters I love just to watch to self-serving assholes ruin them.

I feel you, what's the chance that it might be well written AND have good art?

zero chance. Snyder wasted Capullo's good art for so long even he turns in half assed efforts like metal now. I just hope Jimenez gets back to a good writer soon so I can continue supporting him.