ITT: Best Sup Forums acronyms

ITT: Best Sup Forums acronyms

Hard mode: No KND

Attached: B753698F-030B-4BD7-9E02-2E5A36168130.png (1280x718, 402K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6XnS1BncrYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

O.W.C.A. (Organization Without a Cool Acronym)

S.P.H.I.N.X.

s.p.h.i.n.x.!

Attached: shore leave.jpg (209x242, 7K)

Attached: IMG_1704.jpg (258x195, 23K)

H.A.M.M.E.R.

Attached: RCO025_1465235485.jpg (658x1024, 298K)

Attached: shit.jpg (888x640, 110K)

L.
O.
V.
E.
M.
U.
F.
F.
I.
N.

L.O.V.E.M.U.F.F.I.N.

Attached: evil.jpg (480x360, 17K)

P.O.O.E.H.
P.O.O.S.

SHAZAM

What’s so great about O.E.P.?

H.A.F.N.I.M.

Attached: 4chan does it again.png (343x432, 280K)

I wonder how foreign dubs handle acronym jokes, or if they just don't bother.

Attached: 1517900219598.png (487x430, 237K)

every
villain
is
lemons

You will always lose some jokes and get new ones, even in good dubs. If the best case, the translator will try to carry over the meaning but use words different from the ones used in the original. In the worst case, they will just translate it literary to be honest, a literal translation is almost always the worst case. It is better to stray away from the original text and voice than to ruin the meaning of the show

I invoke the "puppets are Sup Forums" clause
youtube.com/watch?v=6XnS1BncrYM

I only remember KND’s Latino dub managing to translate the acronym’s word and still let the words that compose it to have relation to what the episode was about.

Otherwise, the dubs changes an acronym to another word, for example:
>L.O.V.E.M.U.F.F.I.N.
>M.E.R.M.E.L.A.D.A. (Jelly)
But when the acronym’s word doesn’t mean anything, then they directly translate the words compose by it. For example
>O.W.C.A. (Organization Without a Cool Acronym)
>O.S.B.A. (Organización Sin un Buen Acrónimo = Organization Without a Good Acronym)

Attached: 1798613E-8DE1-4970-B6DF-0740F3C688A5.jpg (345x318, 21K)

Nice to see localizers putting in work.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

You can blame XKCD for that one.

Attached: 101 Dalmatians - The Series S02E84 1080p Amazon WEBRip DD+ 2.0 x264-TrollHD.mkv_snapshot_07.49_[2018 (1440x1080, 186K)

I read that as Salicer dolt

Some form the hungarian dub:

The S.H.I.T. joke in Madagascar wasn't acually dubbed into an acronym.
The zebra said "Kakaó ó nélkül" which translates to "kakaó without an ó" "kakaó" meaning "cocoa" and "kaka" meaning poop.

I remember that in KND they handled them well for the most part, but one time they didn't was when they were translating B.R.A. which was something something Armor.
In the dub they called it "csöcs fék" which means something like "tit stopper" and isn't an actual phrase for bra.
The kids then decoded Cs.Ö.Cs. (T.I.T.) as "csatában örzi a csúcsokat" (in war [it] defends the top) so they concluded it means a weapon and then a "csöcs fék" must be an armor.
(Note that in hungarian alphabet "cs" is considered it's own letter.)

In an episode of Simpsons there was an acronym that ended with a C for Concentration (I don't remember the full acronym).
In hungarian, concentration is "koncentráció" but the translators couldn't figure out how to how to turn C into a K so they tried to turn it into a joke by spelling it "concentráció". The guy who said it even pronounced it with a "ts" sound for the hungarian C instead of a K.
(Check "koncentráció" and "concentráció" on google translator's listen function if you want to hear the difference.)

I know there were a lot of better acronyms, but I only remember these because they were so weird and/or creative.

Love it,

When the bad guys are around? Just call S.P.H.I.N.X

sphinx!

I remember POOP being handled well in spanish.

You mean it's not supposed to be shown that way?

B.R.A. = Battle Ready Armor

Also KND was translated to "Kölyök, Nem Dedós" Which means "Kid, Not a Brat"

Cool, Rich and Popular.

Attached: CoolKids3.jpg (480x358, 24K)

People
Acting
Normal
In
Crazy-ass
Situations

SPBP

>Clientes Adoran Comer Aqui.