LOEG Vol.4

>Orlando is Lara Croft now

Well...gee...thanks, Alan...

Attached: unnamed-36-768x1183-600x924.jpg (600x924, 120K)

>LOEG TEMPEST #1
(W) Alan Moore (A/CA) Kevin O’Neill
After an epic twenty-year journey through the entirety of human culture, Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill conclude both their legendary League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and their equally legendary comic-book careers with the series’ spectacular fourth and final volume, “The Tempest.” This six-issue miniseries is a celebration of everything comics were, are and could be.

In your heart of hearts you mean that sincerely.

>Opening simultaneously in the panic-stricken headquarters of British Military Intelligence, the fabled Ayesha’s lost African city of Kor and the domed citadel of ‘We’ on the devastated Earth of the year 2996, the dense and yet furiously-paced narrative hurtles like an express locomotive across the fictional globe.

>This is literally, and literarily, the story to end all stories. Here’s how it begins.In Shops: Jun 27, 2018
SRP: $4.99

Too be clear, this is Alan Moore's very last comic ever. And it's published by IDW.

Lara Croft doesn't wear hot pants.

I should probably reread these someday.

>Emma Peel is officialy a main character now

So does Sup Forums have hope for this?

Should be fun to see what Jack Nemo's been up to

Have you not read Providence? It was fucking amazing on all levels

I think comics will lose more with O'Neill's retirement than with Moore's.

Moore hasn't done anything to even attempt at his former greatness, because he's so disillusioned, but O'Neill is only getting better, and it's not like he can fucking write shit-long novels, so what's he doing after this? Surviving on HardWare royalties?

maybe not the new version
but the old version almost exclusively wore hot pants

The Jenny Nemo trilogy was fine

This guy is rightProvidence was amazing.

Century was flawed but had good moments.

Optimistic, disliked century but I liked the nemo trilogy.

Sorry I wasted your quads by deleting my post. I meant to reply to OP.

No, I have not read Providence, because I jumped at Moore's last Lovecraftian foray...the fish-rape one. Was not impressed.

Marshal Law maybe?

Oh, it definitely makes up for it and more.
Blows every other Lovecraftian comic look like trash.

Whoa. That's a big claim, user. You're including Hellboy in that.

I know.

I lost everything for LoeG after 'Century'. The Nemo trilogy was fun though, hopefully it will be more like that and less like the godawful 'I hate Harry Potter and kids today are all assholes' tirades of 'Century'.

You've made your sale. I'm on it.

I think what sets it apart is how wonderfully it recaptures the tone and overall essence of Lovecraft's stories.

Hellboy is good at using some of the ideas, but Providence provides just the best despair.

I think the Harry Potter stuff has only grown with age. What really killed Century were the time skips fucking it up.

Ironic that JK Rowling probably has probably done more since Century's release to help its point than before it.