All about flow

Apparently after last nights thread. I learned american comis can't draw for shit, because apparently they can't portray motion well and is also bad at panel flow compared to the japs.

Let's post some exceptions like Tradd Moore

Attached: 3S-C77cpVfEZ19LR9eoWJ4X5FNRsJdDIT8lTjPijL-J4T_vl8wsXrcRYiJX44Q_ng42Z0LAtHP2k=s0.jpg (3976x3054, 3.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/168902584/#168934583
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>bad at panel flow compared to the japs
Japs are absolute trash at paneling though.

Are there any other recent examples besides Tradd Moore?

James Harren is usually pretty good.

Attached: edacf4d01b22ee6921e4d7285dd057aa--comic-art-james-darcy.jpg (663x685, 119K)

Attached: RCO018_1464145439.jpg (1041x1600, 521K)

Attached: RCO019_1464145439.jpg (1041x1600, 557K)

Attached: Prophet Motion in Comic.jpg (1600x2459, 1.09M)

Attached: RCO020_1464145439.jpg (1041x1600, 547K)

Geoff Darrow.

Attached: RCO021_1464145439.jpg (1041x1600, 592K)

Attached: RCO022_1464145439.jpg (1041x1600, 468K)

Attached: RCO023_w_1464145439.jpg (1008x1600, 578K)

It's funny you say that, because some weeks ago we had a thread in Sup Forums where some anons were praising paneling in comics, and how only Americans are the ones that truly push the medium and experiment.
I think both can learn from the outliers

ofc i'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm curious what was it they praised american comics for?

As a guess, probably stuff like this. To be fair, there are only few comic artists period that do stuff like this.

Attached: e1ef17dfd67ea2fcbb0704b30a81af18.jpg (1349x1044, 550K)

>Apparently after last nights thread. I learned american comis can't draw for shit

Probably the same guy that posted those horrible Hunter X Hunter page as a ''good example'' and was BTFO by everybody else

A balance between the two is necessary. The problem is most of the junk comics people bitch about have none of the parts iconic comics get praised for. Sup Forums also likes to bitch more than praise. However for the most part, comics do have an issue with action but better at setting the mood or world. The way comics break traditional molds lets it do something manga can't.

>a reminder that sarcasm can't be captured in text.

> Sup Forums also likes to bitch more than praise.

Agree, It's rare to find something truly special on Sup Forums.

sure, that's why you were sperging about that trash manga for the rest of the thread, it was sarcasm

Attached: 1300062420520.jpg (1280x1934, 284K)

Attached: 1300062480139.jpg (1280x1952, 359K)

Most of the conversation turned to good paneling being invisible most of the time due to good clarity and flow, and that even though a lot of manga excel at that, at the same time they are not particularly innovative
These next pages I found particularly good, even if they're not action scenes

Attached: 1503731228590.jpg (591x933, 234K)

>These next pages I found particularly good, even if they're not action scenes

this is why weaboos and manga get no respect, at the end of the day all they care about is stories about people punching each other and power level bullshit.

That's like saying all there is to comics is capeshit
Broaden yout horizons a little and try some seinen, you might find something you like

Attached: 1510567910614.jpg (768x1178, 229K)

is this the thread where we pretend indie comics arent terrible so we dont feel so guilty about being hippie shitsters from tumblr?

I wasn't the guy, and I'm referring to
>Apparently after last night....

>That's like saying all there is to comics is capeshit

You are the retard acting as if is weird being able to find a page good despite not being about people fighting

I wasn't the guy, and I'm referring to
Oh man this as good one.

what?

>american comics are shit!
>based japan!
>unironically praising faggy artists like tradd and brandon

terrible

Attached: 1521496219954.jpg (334x300, 51K)

defend this

Attached: 1521496367878.jpg (364x111, 19K)

Attached: rip those guys.jpg (1008x1600, 425K)

Why are you assuming you piece of shit
The only reason I ended with 'even if they are not action scenes' is because OP explicitly said -MOTION- and -PANEL FLOW- and I was pointing out the next pages weren't much about MOTION. Fuck off
Anyway here's some good ACTION

Attached: 1462561980938.jpg (991x734, 154K)

>compared to the japs
Why do people keep saying this? Most Japs that do motion and paneling right are the exception as well

A sober frank miller.

Kys my dude.

this page would work a lot better if Samson wasn't the same dang color as everyone else

That was a good thread

Attached: 1516764724733.png (2236x1600, 2.97M)

>Sup Forums made a storytime of this manga
>loved it but it was getting late
>couldn't find it after that
source pls?
I really really need it

Not them but it's Tongari Boushi no Atelier

Tongari Boushi no Atelier

Tradd Moore is awful.

Wrong.

Nah, he's trash.

Thank you

This is why I don't visit Sup Forums anymore, asking for sauce is a bannable offense there.

Incorrect.

why, exactly is he bad? Back up your statements

He's just bad. He tricked idiots with his wannabe weaboo style thinking he's doing something innovative when in truth he's a guy with ugly looking art, shitty layout and his motion looks like shit but idiots that haven't read much manga think he's good.

Assuming it’s not cropped you can just reverse image search most of the time
It worked for me on that page even

I can understand asking for sauce when all other options are exhausted, but too many people don’t even realize stuff like WAIT exists

Got a link to the thread?

no, see, you're just saying "it's bad" five different ways. Explain how his motion and layouts are bad without just saying "it's bad." Post examples of what you think is good art with good layouts and motion, and explain why it's good.

Don't just keep saying "it's bad" over and over again, that's the argument of a 5 year old.

Attached: 29.gif (312x195, 1.45M)

Yeah I'm also curious.

Even then it's a bit of a gamble, I've been temp banned a few times for politely asking for sauce after using all the reverse image search engines. I don't understand why the mods are so anal about it either, it's a minor nuisance at most and it's easily ignored. People on Sup Forums often ask for sauce and are given it without any hassle.

>Junji Ito doesn't exist and his panel doesn't build tension
>all manga is dragonball z

Attached: 1496887236575.png (311x296, 18K)

>Why is he bad?
>Because he is.
Okay. You tried. Fuck off.

too bad Ito can't write an ending for shit.

>this is good because I say so!
Good "argument".

desuarchive.org/a/thread/168902584/#168934583

You're the one that made the statement, you're the one that has to defend it. But you can't. Cause you're dumb.

>comparing that thread to this, and realizing maybe manga is just better.

No, you're the one that made the statement that he's good. You're the one that needs to defend his argument since you're the one that made it first. Dumbass.

>you're the one that made the statement that he's good
When did I do that?

>reeeee I don't have to explain, you do
>no you do
This is why the other boards laugh at Sup Forums

Other boards are just as shitty as Sup Forums, though

Are you retarded? In the OP.

>they are not particularly innovative

Saw a Twitter thread awhile ago about this. Essentially since the 60's manga has had a near universally agreed upon approach to page layout. Which is one aspect that goes into the speed of production.

A lot of Japanese readers become frustrated with translations of American comics because we don't stick to an agreed upon flow.

Pages like that are just gimmicky. it feels like they're done just so they can be posted in threads like this.

Who said I was OP you jackass

Then why are you butting in?

Cause this a public forum and you never addressed anyone with the dumb shit you said.

Attached: 3ec793adf4ef142e980576f30cd83d89.jpg (700x1085, 933K)

t. Jim Lee fanclub member

Explains whats wrong with it

It's not a forum, you dumbfuck newfag. And you don't actually seem to have anything of value to add so why butt in?

Typical childish reaction. No surprise.

>forum
>noun
>a public meeting place for open discussion
There's a whole world outside of the internet ya know.

I have plenty to add but you've given me nothing to add to. So just explain why you think Tradd Moore is bad? Please be specific this is a real question.

Attached: 05LegacyofLutherStrode3.jpg (585x900, 541K)

>Local Man Whose Only Response is NUH UH Calls Others Chilish

Looking at this you can immediately see that it is pandered exclusively to manchildren. The le edgy blud en guts tells you it isn't for children, but the fact that it's just abunch of shitty cartoon action drawings tell you it certainly isn't for functioning adults.

Attached: Osamu Tezuka paneling.png (661x983, 502K)

>I have plenty to add
I'd like to see you start

oh, the irony...

>sarcasm can't be captured in text

>I'd like to see you start
Lemme learn ya something sport. The burden of proof is the obligation to prove ones assertion.
Like I said you've given me nothing to add to. You said its bad. I say disagree cause that's all I can do with what you gave me. It was your assertion and you should be able to support it.

Don't user, he's clearly baiting, im 99% sure he got me on hook once in batman thread some weeks ago

>Lemme learn ya something sport
How about you learn proper grammar, you dumb shit. Burden of proof is on you because you're protecting the initial statement and the initial statement had no arguments. You are legit retarded, you had all the time in the world to state your case but instead you just went "nu-uhh" from the very start. No surprise that you're so easily fooled by Tradd Moore's tricks, you're dumb as shit.

how's high school going, user?

Its a thing with cape comics but outside of that american artists are just fine. Burger and jap comics dont exist in a vacuum, plenty of top-tier japanese artists are influenced more by franco-belgian comics than mangas. Miyazaki of all people cites them as major inspirations for projects like his Nausicaä animu and comic.

Attached: KatsuyaTeradaSunWukong.jpg (500x636, 170K)

Redlands is excellent.

Attached: Redlands-001-(2017)-(Digital)-(Mephisto-Empire)-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.77M)

One thing I adored in Humphries GL run, was the usage of multiple time frames for multiple beats.

Attached: Green Lanterns (2016-) 010-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.69M)

Often Bendis attempts it but fails due to the lack of distinct change between moments and/or using extra panels as a pause. This book used paneling to change focus and extend a singular moment between multiple panels.

Attached: Green Lanterns (2016-) 012-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

how's kindergarten going, user?

pretty good, today we learned about colloquialisms

Juan Ferreyra. Miller's Holy Terror unironically has good art.

user there are several other Miller comics that would be better examples

No the paneling is bad compared to outliers of the genres.

And it's always fucking capeshit posted to deter it.