Cartoon episodes that freaked you out when you were younger

>cartoon episodes that freaked you out when you were younger

also, does anybody remember the episode of Cory in the House, when Cory shoplifts the keychain, which haunts him and makes him imagine it coming to kill him? Or was that just some odd fever dream memory I had?!

Attached: EFA67EDE-2498-4015-83D8-FDAC2F5DCAB1.png (400x400, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pm5Rcs1Wmxs
youtube.com/watch?v=a5hK7xlArrg
reboot.wikia.com/wiki/Web_Creature
youtu.be/P2p1ee211C0?t=3510
youtube.com/watch?v=Herdvm1B4Xs
youtu.be/C0ei7vgQBAs?t=5m49s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when Spider-Man mutated into the Man-Spider

The giant one with Peter Parker’s head? Or the multiple arm and sharp teeth one?

>that spoiler

What the fuck? Can anyone find what OP is talking about?

found it
youtube.com/watch?v=pm5Rcs1Wmxs

8:15

You have no fucking clue how much that scarred me when I was younger! Holy shit... Good job on finding it desu!

'Phoebe Cheats' from 'Hey Arnold' where Phoebe plagiarizes an obscure poem from Emily Dickinson and then starts imagining her prize is tormenting her in an homage to 'The Telltale Heart'.

Attached: cheater.png (500x378, 209K)

cheater
Cheater
CHEATER
Cheater~

Sponge with teeth from Goosebumps (mostly the glowing eyes did it for me) though technically not a cartoon. There is a cartoon but for the life of me I can't find it and accepted it as a fever dream at this point. It was about a wizard challenging a patchwork-looking dragon in multiple contests and the last one was basically whoever can hold their breath for the longest. They kinda inflated in the cartoon non-fetish way but what scared me was they were turning red, to blue and what meant to be a funny cartoon moment all different kinds of colors and patterns like polka dots iirc. Then they both just kinda exploded and as a small kid that horrify me. I can't see how people have a fetish for that shit as it is literal nightmare fuel but each to their own I guess.

Rabbit's freak-out from 'Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too"

This fuck kept me up at night when I was a kid.

Attached: Ghost_of_Bigfoot.png (1199x900, 545K)

That episode was from That's So Raven, but no, it wasn't a fever dream

Attached: hydeandgotweet.jpg (640x481, 165K)

If there's one thing I remember, it's that Hey Arnold scared the fuck outta me when it wanted to. The axe bride is my favorite.

Attached: 1520822317684.jpg (400x400, 20K)

I wish someone would post this image every Friday. Maybe it's time I commit to something.

That episode of Mr Bumpy in which Molly the rag doll gets obsessed with self-improvement and ends up turning into a monster made of trash and household stuff.

Attached: a9dd07191ca085743edb4b7228793097.jpg (337x577, 18K)

DON'T CLICK

Attached: wormy.jpg (1152x864, 49K)

Attached: 7C4FF6F7-1CF7-4684-B530-172B5FA00C14.png (1054x941, 435K)

Oh God yes, pretty much every Winnie animation was terrifying. I still don't like thinking about that Tigger episode with the void.

Attached: chuckiesmonster.png (330x248, 59K)

Sure man, sounds like it could be fun to do!

N O P E

OH FUCK

Attached: DeDeDe.png (164x152, 62K)

>hey Arnold
>the cheater episode
>the axe bride
>the vampire episode
that fucking show man

You also forgot the ghost train. It was not that spooky, just pretty damn weird.

I remember watching that episode, it really scared the shit out of me, specially the ending. Shit was freaky

I CLICKED IT

Attached: 21742830_474949569552746_6426009117544494114_n.jpg (840x740, 25K)

The Treehouse of Horror with Bart's twin.

was anyone else irrationally terrified of this?
I was terrified of this episode and the song
my mother laughed at me while I hid under the covers
now that I'm an adult I laugh at this episode
I have no idea why this scared me so much when I was a kid

Attached: ramses.jpg (480x360, 12K)

And Four-eyed Jack. And what episode was it where we see an older version of Grandpa Phil whose jaw falls off?

Attached: Four-Eyed_Jack,_phantom.jpg (640x480, 76K)

Attached: A-Close-Shave-wallace-and-gromit-343180_640_480.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Attached: I'm not Stu!.gif (320x240, 953K)

What was this shows fucking problem?

It's usually down-to-earth slice of life stuff that might bore younger kids, the occasional spooky episode keeps them interested.

Attached: WHO ATE MY BALONEY.jpg (854x454, 86K)

THIS FUCKING SCENE

Not even the rest of the episode being a Power Rangers parody could bring me to watch this episode again for years

Attached: tumblr_n2pk4iUwtt1qemcawo5_400.gif (316x236, 1.03M)

Happened during my first episodes, but holy shit if I wasn’t shitting myself whenever it caught me off guard.

Attached: 4E849A80-D87E-4468-8EAD-9C7C6EBF1849.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Something about this scene that just made things eerie for me.
The animation and the music accompanying it only made the scene way worse.

Attached: 6AFAFEC8-F644-472C-9CB9-421974788D00.jpg (400x300, 50K)

The episode of Rugrats All Grown Up "Interview With a Campfire" is pretty spoopy

That one episode of Camp Lazlo where they spawned a meat demon that ate Lazlo and wore his corpse to tell the story to the other campers before devouring them as well.

No joke this thing showed up in my nightmares for like a year

Attached: Scary_meatman.jpg (240x180, 11K)

Don't forget The Headless Cabbie

Attached: Headless_Cabbie_13.png (1564x891, 1.61M)

The two-part GI Joe episode with the Synthoids freaked me out as a kid. Especially when they would melt.

Attached: s01e17g14.jpg (640x480, 30K)

This episode made me believe in ghosts for years

youtube.com/watch?v=a5hK7xlArrg

Attached: Angel_skeleton.png (626x480, 367K)

Wheezing Ed really freaked me out.

Attached: Elk_Island.jpg (640x480, 72K)

Th e Jersey Devil episode from the Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

Skeptic?

Nothing really spice up an urban slice-of-life than a spooky urban legends.

Didn't know they did that, I'll have to look it up.

thank mr skeltal.

I remember seeing this when I was a kid and thinking the Simpsons was some crazy supernatural dark comedy for the longest time.

Hated the zoom in as a kid so much.

Horror elements in non-horror media tend to be good.

Now that's interesting!

Jesus christ, what were they thinking?

From a simpson episode, i remember having nightmares for weeks, it was also at the time of the boom of the ufo phenomenon in my country so it did feed my fears

Attached: images (2).jpg (443x332, 11K)

I know this is technically Sup Forums but I thought this was Sup Forums when I was a kid. I vividly remember this scaring the shit out of me.

Attached: IMG_5890.jpg (350x268, 21K)

what's it from?

This one traumatized me, It has one of those 4kids style dubs so it kinda counts as Sup Forums ?

Attached: image.jpg (240x186, 27K)

knew it

the concept of the web in general was absolutely fucking disturbing and still is

Digimongelion

>the concept of the web in general was absolutely fucking disturbing and still is
Never seen this, could you lore me?

This episode actually helped me realize that shit I thought was scary at night wasn't anything substantial. Good episode in an otherwise mediocre series. No bait I just didn't care for rugrats.

Digimon Tamers aka Let's get the writer of Serial Experiments Lain to write a kids show.

This fucker installed in me a habit of checking under my bed that has stuck with me to this day, evolving over time only to change why and what I'm looking for.

he seemed cool to me

Attached: Man-Spider.jpg (749x565, 105K)

That was a good episode, I was really into cryptozoology back then and this episode just helped cement it

I mean if I remember right, that scene in the .gif is a creature from the "web" (the internet) going to corrupt a villain and turn her even more completely insane. The internet in reboot was always portrayed as this insanely twisted void filled, which is pretty funny actually since it's supposed to be the internet. But anytime the Web was making an appearance, such as in that episode or when bob gets launched into the web you always knew as a kid something is about to go fucking terribly wrong, and the web was also portrayed probably the most disturbing thing you could create with 3d animation at that time.
reboot.wikia.com/wiki/Web_Creature

These fuckers had me fucked up for a while, that damn laugh.

Attached: Phantom_Shadows.png (1024x768, 1003K)

Also imagine being a kid watching reboot and seeing this.

Attached: Webportal.jpg (600x465, 83K)

what's that? the robot uprising?

The ppg octi episode
I was convinced that episode was evil, it was too surreal and creepy
Also not a cartoon episode but the ending to all dogs go to heaven made me feel that times ten, i refused to rewatch that movie for almost a decade

It was about totalizer getting tired of being mistreated by his medawarrior amd running away, then he comes across a medabot cemetery where all abandoned medabots reside, they were basically zombie medabots, and they were ruled by fossilkat, that doll-like medabot, the whole episode has a dark atmosphere unlike anything in both seasons, it freaked me out as a kid, specially fossilkat's bloody eyes

Man the original scooby doo had great monster designs

they seem pretty generic to me

The Garfield Halloween special with the ghost pirates.

bruh that came out of fucking nowhere

It's a movie, and a terrible one at that, but..

That last bit of Happily Ever After where the villain is disguised as the prince. His voice is so calm and creepy.

>Oh we are going home, Snow White...

>You'll look out on this forever

youtu.be/P2p1ee211C0?t=3510

Attached: 03.png (523x379, 198K)

The existential garfield comic was worse, and the experimental nine lives of garfield special, wich got too real at times

This is not really Sup Forums, but it freaked me out a when I was a kid, black entities hiding in plain view realising a human was aware of them was from a story called the tale of the super spects

Attached: vlcsnap-5464381.jpg (640x480, 22K)

>those crunching noises when the cloak fell on the creature

This show's existence terrified the shit out of me. The theremin and narration and alien voices made me hide while my dad watched it.

Now that I'm an adult, I find it to be the absolute best part of Kablam.

Attached: wm12Ltd.jpg (638x478, 26K)

Action league NOW and loopy were also fantastic

Speaking of Kablam, the nightmare face at the end of the Anemia & Iodine short most absolutely counts.
youtube.com/watch?v=Herdvm1B4Xs

Also, pic related.

Attached: Groke_3.jpg (451x253, 84K)

Action League Now brought my whole family together, Satan,

youtu.be/C0ei7vgQBAs?t=5m49s

That horrified me for some reason, when I was a kid anything creepy aliens did, I only liked halloween ass monster aliens like Alien and Predator, but any kind of like creepy human like aliens creeped me the fuck out, didn't help that my dad kept all kind of UFO books, claimed to have seen UFOs, said aliens were in the bible, etc

That was creepy as fuck. Definitely among the creepy Hey Arnold episodes

>Not a single mention of the Walrus from Pingu
I assume it's because everyone has repressed it.

Attached: 2496F98C_5D84_4CD6_B29D_B301A07090C0.gif (500x270, 984K)

wow i remember this but it was completely blocked from my mind until right now

Huh, I didn't imagine that.

Actually 90% of courage was pure nightmare fuel but damn did I love it

Attached: 3292657B-AABA-4F83-8D0F-8461668DA458.png (512x384, 175K)

What?

Most of the Real Adventures of Johnny Quest episodes were scary.

Jersey Devil was one of tamer episodes.

this monster

Attached: bigboy.png (649x484, 289K)

The episode of courage the cowardly dog when Murial turns into a shark monster thing and appears through the floorboards.

Me fucking too. I could watch shit like family guy and Futurama but for some reason the Simpsons always gave off a creepy vibe until I watched all the classic seasons when I was a teenager

Speaking of laughs, I was scared of the Space Kook and the one ghost that was haunting that castle on the island. Also the puppeteer.

This, so much this.

God damn Korea and your scary as fuck redrawns.

Attached: Daffy_Duck_Murderer.png (300x225, 25K)