The Nazi's in 1940s had Laser Guns and showed it was possible to manufacture enough for a whole army...

>The Nazi's in 1940s had Laser Guns and showed it was possible to manufacture enough for a whole army, we kept the power source for 60 years
>We have fought at least 3 alien invasions with guys who had energy weapons and better technology
>Hammer Industries made proof of concept of mass production model of an automated combat mecha
>Africans have developed advanced technology and energy weapons

>US is still using guns and guys in green camo
There are hundreds of opportunities and numerous inventors and minds for the US to have advanced technology by leaps and bounds and yet every time an alien invader rolls up all we can do is throw pieces of lead at them with flashy powder. Why is this?

Attached: Army_vs_Chitauri.jpg (1920x1036, 211K)

hey buddy, i think you've got the wrong board. is two doors down.

Attached: aniki.jpg (384x384, 12K)

This is a question about the MCU actually.

I'm bothered by how many instances of advanced technology was, in some cases, practically dropped into the laps of the government and still up until now barely any of it has been adopted.

The super advanced africans would still rather use knives and spears for the most part.

MCU Earth is filled with dum dums.

It IS pretty stupid that the armed forces aren't rocking special forces teams of Mandroids or anything.

Because the power sources for them aren't widely avaliable.

Wakanda has a mountain full of vibranium. 1940s Hydra had a cosmic cube which they lost.

In modern times, the only one who could probably mass produce energy weapons was Tony but won't for obvious reasons. There is the remnants of alien tech after Battle of NY making its way onto black market but its still mostly down to power source.

Why does no one mass-produce combat robots? Some incompetent jackoff not counting Stark managed to do it.

>The super advanced africans would still rather use knives and spears for the most part.

You seem to have forgotten that those spears can take out tanks. Hell, the border tribe was wearing shawls that turned out to have super-shield tech woven into them.

I imagine Ultron going full crazy put a stop to any possible projects that could have been in development, or at least significantly slowed them down.

Because the fact there were two large scale incidents where combat robots went crazy and killed alot of people. I doubt most are gonna invest into it after that.

Stark has a fuck you money and huge robots are a money and power sink.

Just get someone other than Stark or Hammer to build them, maybe someone sane.

>the tinkerer can retro engineer alien tech
and apparently he is the only one

Because there is a strange romantic idea of the infantryman that persists in the media even though the infantry is the bottom 30% if asvab scores, literally a bunch of idiots that are only good for carrying a pack

Joke's on you. US is still the number 1 superpower in the MCU

These are nor marines.

HYDRA weapons became useless the minute they lost the space stone. The can't make the ammo anymore

>stark immediately gets the stone back searching for cap
>zola the guy who created those guns works for shield after the war

As stated

They would be a massive money sink either in drones or armor. Think about how much it would cost to make probably thousands of those HAMMER drones, how much it would cost to make every bullet, armor piece and missile that's loaded into them. Then also taking into account they could possibly be hacked because MCU is loaded with geniuses who are a dime drop away from going fucking crazy. Hell, wasn't there an incident in the middle east where a Taliban or ISIS member managed to hack into a predator drone with nothing but age old shit? A predator drone can't land and start literally snapping necks but those combat drones can so what happens if 5 of them get hacked and return to base ready to start killing?

The Airforce in the MCU does have Iron Man armor (War Machine) but even they realized it would be a money sink to replicate it. Not only that but having to train a new generation to be able to use it. Also that kind of tech is something you wouldn't want the risk of it being shot down and falling into enemy hands.

Isn't SHIELD part of the US government? Didn't they have a fleet of massive flying aircraft carriers with guns and targeting systems that could literally pinpoint and kill any target on the planet with perfect accuracy? I mean I know HYDRA took over, but wasn't that still technology the US government made?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

I believe Loki was shot with some kinda laser gun in avengers by agent whats his face. Shield has a hold on a lot of tech. which is why Pegasus exists

And fucking this.

Like, just how much of the defense budget was spent on these and I seriously doubt the Government would abandon them just because of the Hydra incident.

Arguments of cost rarely are the sole reason that technology stagnates. A lot of the stuff developed in IRL WW2 was far too expensive to produce in their time, but now is readily available in ours.

Late-war HYDRA =/= Nazis. Similar outlook, but no longer loyal to Germany or the Fuhrer. Explicitly stated in the movie.

>Hammer

Yeah but they were super easy to hack and they went berserk. They're never going to be a popular drone choice (also they're significantly over-engineered unless you actually want them to go house to house).

>US is still using guns and guys in green camo

Most of the US is dirt farmers. It's cheaper to use guns and guys in green camo. After all, it's not like bullets stopped working just because lasers came along.