I think the new darth vader comics are much better than the 2015 run

i think the new darth vader comics are much better than the 2015 run

Attached: darthvader.jpg (1280x1968, 380K)

2015 suffered from lame villains and mediocre art

They're both incredibly overhyped. The only reason people say they're good is because they get compared to the other Star Wars comics which are terrible.

I agree

Attached: Darth_Vader_2017_008011.jpg (3975x3056, 2.46M)

This is such a cool page.

Attached: 1491626238847.png (300x311, 205K)

What's up with this dumb argument? Everytime someone say they like x comic, you have some bitter dude talking about no one can think it's good unless because he doesn't know any better.

You're an utter plebeian with no taste BUT I give you that post-RotS is basically a better setting than between IV and V and allows for cooler, niftier stories
Too bad Soule can't write those

Vader 2015 was a story with a fixed purpose. 2017 is more general, but since it focuses on a time period I prefer it scratches that itch

We had a great series last year. Granted, the story gets a little silly as it goes by (two words: lightsaber gun) but it's enjoyable.

Attached: Darth_Vader_2017_007021.jpg (1988x3056, 839K)

It don't think it's explicitly set after IV, but Soule did write the Lando miniseries, which happens prior to V and is held in pretty high regard.

Vader 2017 is one of the best canon Star Wars comics right now. Shame about the continuity errors in the latest issue though.

This

how is Jordan White as an editor?

ive loved every single comic marvels come out with for star wars so far, sure beats rebels thats for sure.

...did his arms stay light side when they got cut off...?

He's using the force, as Vader, to meditate. The white represents parts of his body that he can't commune into the force with because they no longer exist on his original body.

>Granted, the story gets a little silly as it goes by (two words: lightsaber gun)

Nah, that was pretty goddamn cool.

They are.

Hell, not being drawn by Larocca is already a huge fucking improvement.

I assumed it was his ongoing struggle with his own nature. Later when you see him, he's more consumed by it and the light butterflies are being destroyed.

You're right, Soule's doing a damn good job. The art is some of the best Marvel has to offer. There wasn't much in the EU examining Vader in this time period. And honestly, I think it's been getting better by the arc, while starting pretty darn good.
Just look at this. It's beautiful.

Also, the last page of issue 10 and the timeline errors of the latest issue show that Kennedy's story group/SS squad are fairly hands off with this book and don't really care what Soule does in it. So you can read it while ignoring the rest of Disney's shit.

Attached: RCO021.jpg (1332x2048, 880K)

How do we feel about Aphra, does she have staying power in the franchise or will she be forgotten quickly? I think it'd be cool if Rian's trilogy focused on her.

The comics have IMO been the most insular canon material thus far, but that doesn't mean that the LSG is ignoring them or Vader in particular. Both Vader and the ongoing Star Wars title are creatively linked right now in that they both are tackling the subjugation of Mon Cala, which to me doesn't really feel like a sign of being hands-off.

Combine this with other prominent stuff like the Inquisitors and Vader's need to "bleed" a crystal being taken from other canon material and I have a hard time seeing how you can realistically make the argument that Vader is free from LSG influence given that a lot of its major story points have clearly been shaped by prior ideas introduced to the canon.

I like Aphra, and think she has potential, but given the nosedive her comic has taken I think her staying power is in question. The writing on the book is makes me feel like Aphra's starting to overstay her welcome, and is also failing to deliver on a major story beat regarding her relationship with 0-0-0, which are both things that I feel bode poorly in terms of how fans will remember her in the future if we don't see course correction soon.

This is pretty sick

Aphra needs to die and be forgotten.

Gillen's Darth Vader felt like it had a goal and was going for something. You had multilayered schemes, you had intrigue, you had Vader being an unstoppable force which was insanely entertaining.

Soule's Vader series is just checking boxes in the prequel department.
>Vader fights a jedi
>Vader is "betrayed" by his master
>Vader acts without thinking things through and get momentarily BTFO but survives anyway, because lol he can't die yet.
etc. It's nothing but run of the mill stuff. It's not really bad, but each issue I had to stop for a moment and think "wait, what happened last issue?" and outside of reading it out of habit there's nothing to really bring you back for more.

I don't care because I don't read shitvel

>she have staying power in the franchise

Define "staying power".

> I think it'd be cool if Rian's trilogy focused on her.

I like her, but no. I'd be cool if she got a movie on Disney's streaming site, though. Or maybe if she showed up every once in a while on the live action show if it happens.