What went so horribly wrong?

What went so horribly wrong?

Attached: 85454151461454879415141.png (500x281, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5GC_X_tI5kA
bobbuckley.com/demos/electronic.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=zt6DyxQf08Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

None of the toys looked good.

It lived in the shadow of Beast Wars hence any risks it took in being different were ultimately despised.

Making the cool robot planet a shitty dime a dozen garden of eden setting by the series conclusion

It would be easier to list what went right... which isn't a lot outside of slightly higher quality CG.

Dan Didio

No memeing, Dan Didio.

I got two

Jetstorm and Thrust!

-A show that finally took place on Cybertron
-No human sidekicks
-Megatron winning
-G1 Lore expanded
-BW cast continued existence albeit makeovers
-Improved action scenes
-Great soundtrack
-Memorable ending still discussed to this day

They made a completely different show as a sequel to Beast Wars.

It wanted to be more than it was expected to be.

Oh yes the 2 Vehicons everyone preferred but ended up getting killed

>Jetstorm is Silverbolt
>Black Arachnia flips her shit over it and desperately wants Silverbolt back
>Jetstorm does not want to fucking die and Thrust does not want to lose the only friend he has in life
>Instead of giving a choice like they did with Tankor/Rhinox Black Arachnia ties up jetstorm and forcibly changes him back to Silverbolt
>Thrust goes around searching for him
>Wheres Jet Storm?
>HES GONE AND SOON YOU ARE TOO!

So are Beast Wars II and Neo meant to before or after this?

I liked Blackarachnia.

Attached: Blackarachnia_BM.jpg (498x441, 20K)

Her Trans Metal 2 form was so much better

This, honestly. There was no way it would have been good when they were specifically told to squander all good will they had from the existing fans.

They take place during beast wars in like an alternate reality IIRC

This.

This.

This.

Also..

>Making the Maximals look like pieces of modern art
>Ruining every characters characterization aside from maybe Cheetor
>Self fart smelling levels of taking itself too seriously
>Started the trend of "nu guns for heroes" in Transformers
>Replaced the bad ass rockin' electric guitar soundtrack of Beast Wars with gay goth club music
>Ferngully ass "muh nature" bullshit in Transformers of ALL things
>Stupid yoga "I AM TRANSFORMED" shit

Attached: beast_wars_megatron_by_espeng.jpg (600x450, 61K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5GC_X_tI5kA

Cheetor was the worst though he respected Primal

>Meanwhile, Thurst is Waspinator because Mainframe decided they wanted to torture the poor bug some more.

Just look at that picture.

Attached: TCCSS2-Thrustinator.jpg (500x360, 33K)

Man Thrust got shat on hard

Given whose Spark is in that body, it's unsurprising, but even Waspy didn't deserve to have his happy ending taken away.

>I ain't letting some crazy spider bot take the only friend I got in this life!

I heard Primal is gonna be in a new cartoon or something

Voiced by Ron Perlman. But sadly the Machina stuff suck.

>Ron Pearlman

HOLY SHIT YE-

>Machinma

NO

Attached: 786214541563217454614841.jpg (1024x681, 210K)

>What went so horribly wrong?
Dan DiDio ordered the writers to not watch Beast Wars beforehand. Seriously.
In the Japanese cartoon universe, II and Neo take place in the far, far, far, far, far, far future of Beast Machines. Actual BWII spoiler: Humanity is extinct, Gaea is Earth that nature has reclaimed.
In the IDW Beast Wars universe, a modified version of BWII and Neo take place BEFORE BW and BM.

Shit I overshot the spoiler tags a bit. That's an actual spoiler, not a joke one.

>Started the trend of "nu guns for heroes" in Transformers
Which has only happened in THREE 930 other series: Animated, where the main cast are a repair crew thrust into the action, and the two kiddie shows: Go-Bots and Rescue Bots.

What the holy fuck are you complaining about?

THREE (3)*

The torture continues in IDW.

Attached: Transformers vs. The Visionaries 003-023.jpg (1988x3056, 2.01M)

Seeing this makes me realize how much they really fucked up

Honestly, there's barely anything I even remember from this show.

The only thing I can think of offhand is Cheetor making a cringey pass at Arachnia.

Oh and tankor/Rhinox doing a literal "lol, I was just pretending to be retarded".

...ok, actually I remember that second one actually being pulled off halfway decent, but I could be remembering it wrong.

>Bob Buckley's ReBoot, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and Shadow Raiders music will never get a full release
bobbuckley.com/demos/electronic.htm

>What went so horribly wrong?
Of all the stuff that went wrong, at least the final battle was FUCKING AWESOME
youtube.com/watch?v=zt6DyxQf08Y

Waspinator ruined Beast Wars, so being made into a better character was the best thing to ever happen to him. The real tragedy is that Thrust didn't deserve to be Waspinator.

I still have this one and I love it

Attached: noble savage.jpg (915x500, 108K)

Excuse you

Attached: Buzzsaw-BMtoy.jpg (885x500, 106K)

Eh, I liked it.

All of the Maximals were trash aside from Battle Unicorn (simply an awesome concept) and Night Viper (rare snakeformer). Most of them didn't even look like robots, which I get that was the point, but when the point of the new series defeats the point of the original idea it becomes just too stupid. Some of the Vehicons however were cool looking, usually cooler looking than they were in the actual show.

Attached: tankor.jpg (590x342, 116K)

HUH i had no idea Thrustinator was used in IDW.

Stop making threads about this show.

Tankor here looked infinitely better than he did on the show. They should've used that as a base for their collectors toys instead.

Attached: Gen-BM-tankor.jpg (1018x681, 159K)

>-A show that finally took place on Cybertron
Is that really a plus when it's been turned into an industrial wasteland populated by only a handful of characters?

>Thrust
Best plot twist in animation history.

Unfortunately it required the ruination of three other characters.

Which three?

Blackarachna, Silverbolt, and Waspinator.

No but seriously, which characters were ruined and not made better?

Nothing, it was better than its predecessor.

It's pure shit.

Attached: BMtoy-PrimalMega.jpg (700x375, 87K)

This.

The designs were absolute god-awful shit. Especially after the kino of trans-metals.

When watching Beast Machines, I kept hoping that the team would somehow get their old bodies back like Rattrap wanted, and kick some ass.

It never happened. Except for fucking Megatron using the Optimal Optimus body.

God fucking dammet what a let down.

>Hey, I want you guys to make a direct sequel to this hit show. But I don't want you to watch or reference the show before doing so.

Dan, you are a stupid fuck

Bending over is such a shitty transformation, it's like a robot with a gorilla hoodie

>>Stupid yoga "I AM TRANSFORMED" shit
Completely forgot about that

Well thats a shame, I didnt even know that stuff existed until about 2-3 months ago when the beginning of ep 1 appeared on my phone in an ad and I kept forgetting to watch it

CHARACTER DESIGNS

How often do we even have these?

Optimus Primal never had a transformation that wasn't a variation of "Stand up, switch heads". Funny enough the deluxe class one tried to swap things around, but that one has its own problems.

This the first Beast Machines I’ve seen. Last Beast Era thread I saw was for Beast Wars II

>Optimus Primal never had a transformation that wasn't a variation of "Stand up, switch heads".
False.

While we're on the topic, gorilla Optimus Primal makes up half of all Beast Wars molds that are "Stand up beast, reveal robot head". The other half are Inferno, TM2 Cheetor, and Mcdonald's Panther.

Attached: BWtoy-Primalbat.jpg (700x340, 39K)

And they STILL couldn't be arsed to give his PotP toy a beast mode.

But he does have one?

Attached: 647px-POTP-Leader-Evolved-Optimal-Optimus.jpg (647x599, 64K)

The big one, yes. The little Deluxe one that "evolves" into that turns into that surfboard.

Just get the Robot Master.

you know there's a masterpiece, right

Attached: BW-Masterpiece-MP32-Optimus-Primal.jpg (1500x854, 208K)

No, he has to laugh at TRUKK NOT MUNKY but then cry whenever Munky turns into anything different.

That’s one sexy ass monkey

1. They did not let the team that did the show watch the original Beast Wars show. Which leads to...

2. Changes to characters (Primal behaves like some religious lunatic and Megatron suddenly hates organics, though it might be justified with being affected with the Spark of the original Megatron)

3. The finale was...MEH.

4. It killed off any chances of a new Beast Wars show EVER.

Despite the fact that we've got Uprising (which gave us the cutest Transmutate even if she is a redeco of Prime Arcee), it's not enough. I want an actual Beast Wars cartoon with both Maximals and Predacons going primal fury on each other.

Attached: Transmutate's wild ride.png (1154x1439, 2.94M)