So what’s going on at DC

A few years ago I was super into DC and only read the main Spider-Man book from Marvel. But right it’s switched and I am only reading one DC book and the rest Marvel, it’s weird that way. But I came to the conclusion that it’s like this because Marvel is putting it a bunch of 1#s in June I believe. DC is just not exciting any more and it’s overwhelming to get back into it all but I know No Justice event in May and that seems interesting point to get back into the DCU. So can J get a quick rundown on what’s that all about?

Attached: 7DE7E1CF-381A-412D-A6B9-F422FC88EFA7.jpg (600x465, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/blog/2017/11/29/the-new-age-of-dc-heroes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is all bullshit.

You're either as casual as it gets and don't belong here or you're just shillin PR nonsense. Of you're really readin more marvel because of the number 1s leave. Really. Just go.

If this is by small chance a legit thread from a complete ignoramus then avoid whatever DC is doing this year. Marvel too. They're gimmick obsessed and directionless.

DC is currently at a jumping off point not a jumping on point. Come back in a year or two.

Proof that I followed DC. Want more? :)

Attached: 6A44C427-5711-4C40-AEFA-3B3245790153.jpg (4032x3024, 2.9M)

Justice League teams, including a mysterious new member who claims to have been there from the start are transported off world for a fighting competition. It's weekly and will lead into new titles. Including a single consolidated JL book.

Yeah I would like more. Because those are TPBs I'm actually positive the shills would have I them at any time.

Got any floppies? Because if you're a piece of shit trade waiter my "come bak in a few years" statement is even more accurate.

Is prefer to see your marvel floppies. Not trades. Floppies. Because I don't think any of what you said was truthful. I think you're a shill who set this thread up.

And now we wait

Whoever designed this team and outfits, please just stop and dip your shitty talentless hands in acid.

What the hell is wrong with you? I don’t buy single issues because I am disorganized. I buy trades of the books I bought digitally online if I really liked them. But here have a series that was cancelled too early and I was forced to buy single issues because no trade. Seriously gtfo.
Thank you.

Attached: 04C0AEC9-73F4-405B-BD7B-FC2E2162375F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

You don't buy digit stop lying.

>4 random issues of some old series from 4 years ago
Yup, sure showed them!

Id rather see shills like you gtfo.

Yes I do form comiXology. Please continue to accuse me of lying. You’ve already been proven wrong.

Scott CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME Snyder

Imagine smugly posting this as "proof". You're pathetic.

>So what’s going on at DC
I believe it's called the "death throes"

Damn what the hell is wrong with you Sup Forums? All OP asked is for help and you pushed him/her away from DC.

Screenshot Comixology now

Screenshot that. I don't believe you. I do believe you're a shill though.

You too, screenshot/photograph what you have or gtfo!

How is OP a shill? They didn’t insult DC. All they said is it was difficult to get into now which is true.

No, a shill wanted to stole a discussion meant to sell DC. So we are not allowing that to happen unfettered. This isn't twitter.

Why would he insult DC he's trying to start a discussion about why the garbage slate they have is worth retuning for. While chalking up his excitement for other books to number ones releasing which ONLY a shill or a newfag would bring up.

Good bait
Who wins Superman or Batman?

>I don't think DC is all that interesting right now but this No Justice thing looks kind of interesting, what's it about?
>RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE HOW FUCKING DARE YOU YOU LADDERBRO MOUSKETEER SHILL YOU DON'T DESERVE DC'S GREATNESS
And you people wonder why no one is buying DC comics

SUPERMAN

Attached: 109CE6DD-FB8A-4E99-8AA1-74A96CA55648.jpg (743x562, 220K)

Why would a shill ask about No Justice. Damn OP don’t come back, Sup Forums is a shithole with only a few good people.

What the fuck was Manapul thinking? Every one of these teams looks like fuckin shit.

>why would a shill shill?
What the fuck kind of question is that?

Wait are you now saying they are a DC shill? What is this 4d chess?

I'm calling him a DC shill you stupid fuck.

>Now
From my first post faggot.

Holy shit that’s even more retarded. You better be baiting.

>shill says he wants to read more DC
>shill claims to have rea more marvel than DC lately
>shill posts 4 year old copies on a table in an office
>shill wants to talk about the new number ones at DC because that's the reason he reads marvel

Fuck you. This is clearly a "is this a jumping-on point" thread. And no, it isn't a jumping on point. I still an likely will for a long time buy more DC than marvel, I would never tell anyone to start buying DC OR Marvel though. Superman was just a 120 dollar, two year waste.

I can speak only about DC since I don't read a lot of Marvel. Before The New 52, I almost read every DC comic I got my hands on, like every single one. During the new 52 and up to Rebirth (with the occasional spike like around Convergence time, they were really on to something with this event), I strated following less and less but never less than 10-15 titles. After Rebirth I found myself gradually losing interest and only reading the big events and flagship titles like Batman and Justice League. Take that as you would but I seriously doubt Marvel can be better than DC on comic side, DC's IPs will always be eternally superior and as far as I know, DC still has the best creators in the industry on contract. But your'e definetly not delusional about DC becoming less interesting. Could be general superhero fatigue.

New Super-Man and Deathstroke have been excellent throughout.

OP here. I wish I was a shill because that would be I would be getting paid to deal with idiots like you. I guess I have to ask elsewhere. This board is a small dot on a much larger comic book audience. Goodbye, I was hoping to have a nice discussion...

>DC is currently at a jumping off point not a jumping on point

How come? What's DC supposedly done that's that bad?

I asked you to leave much earlier. And again I don't believe you aren't a shill you just admitted you'd like to be paid, you didn't deny that you are.

Rebooting superman less than 2 years after his last reboot. Same with the justice league. They also cancelled 6 series other than superman books (well 5 but NSM isn't really a superman book though so 6).

Why do you use the word supposedly as if my reasoning had to be up to your standards?

Not them but DC is currently in deep with two big crossover events and many smaller individual run events. Not impossible but hard at the moment to jump on where they are at.

>you just admitted you'd like to be paid,
I don’t have the energy to deal with this when it’s not even a job. It’s amazing how you twist every word O use. Who is the real manipulator?
Thanks guys. I’ll check it out.

A nice discussion on what exactly? Not being facetious. You laid out your thoughts, admittedly uninformed. DC is boring you, going back to Marvel. Ok. What do you wanna hear?

Some new DC books may be good.
Some new Marvel books may be good.
That's how these things go.

>the shill is baiting for someone to mention exactly who he wants to be mentioned.

You may not agree but hiring Bendis and cancelling fan favorites is absolutely valid reasoning for dropping DC.

I wanted to hear more about No Justice.

The real manipulator is the person who came to an anonymous place to make claims they refused to back.

You haven't posted a single marvel comic. Because they don't have them in your office.

Then go read a blog post or look it up I google or any other social media site. Even look in the fckin archive.

Because I am new to Marvel and only have a Priest Black Panther book? Hello????

Hiring Bendis

>and I am only reading one DC book and the rest Marvel
That implies you read more than one

You also later said you bought floppies on Comixology. You never proved that. And you have no picture if even BP. So tell me why should I believe you aren't a DC shill looking to stoke a "is this a jumping on point." Discussion.

Marvel is better right now. Sad but true.

It’s confusing. I don’t know what the hell is going on. Why Deathstroke for example can team up with Batman when he is fighting with him in the June solicitations I saw. Is it like after all the Rebirth books like how Forever Evil was?

Either you took the bait or this was another plane post. The shill wanted that brought up to say "Bendis won't be that bad." Or "that's shortsighted of You."

We don't know anything besides the paragraph or two that came w the photo you posted. Post a couple more, the other teams, and ask pointed questions. Which team is best, why is so and so on this team etc; just saying there are ways to Foster more fruitful discussion.
>DC bad, sup wit that? Going back to Marvel
Is too provocative and formless for good discussion

DC is awful. You shouldn’t read it. It’s becoming convulted. I hate DC so much.
Yeah I am way more excited for Marvel books now.

Literally no one knows why bc it's months away. Stay tuned, True Believers!

Sorry I have autism and work form home. I don’t know how tot properly interact with people

He didn't say that though. And I'm the on callin him a shill. He said "I read more marvel but I think it's cause they're new number ones. So what's up with this new DC number ones."

Which is why it's clearly a shill

Oh I get it, now the shills want to play the "you're right I was a shill, a MARLEL shill, now defend DC vociferously" game.

This is why Sup Forums is fucking awful. Somebody wants to start an actual discussion about upcoming comics, and everybody is like "fuck off, prove you read comics, lol."

And then we get a million threads about fucking movies or the evil SJW threat.

I didn’t even know DC was getting #1s

>an actual discussion
suuuure

>Sup Forums is awful because they don't let shills shill

Fuck you. If someone is on Sup Forums of all places saying they follow marvel for new number 1s they're lying. Nobody that casual would be googling comics an be going to Sup Forums of all places. They go and belong on reddit.

Are you new to the internet? Console wars are always the most horrible way to start discussion wherever you are whatever you're talking about. Once a hint of (Marvel vs. DC, Apple vs, Google, Election candidate vs. another, Linux vs. Windows, Ninetendo vs PS, Cats vs. Dogs, etc etc) is detected, you'll get nothing but two sides screaming at each other. If this same thread was made about DC without mentioning Marvel, it would've gotten very different replies.

>Hiring a single writer makes me drop a publisher completely

Nerds. Bunch of whiny babies.

You read my post and still followed through. Nice one, shill. Knew it was a Bendis set up.

It's fucking Bendis. Not enough to drop DC enitrely, but enough to drop Superman for the time being

Noted, I’ll make a better thread next time.

I think this whole thread is toxic as hell, but I don't think we should encourage suggestion or help me threads. People shouldn't come here to try to be spoon-fed how to buy comics. It wastes a better thread that could be in this ones place.

That literally isn't what's happening ITT. I don't think there's a single marvel shill ITT. It's a DC shill posing as casual. There is no company warring going on.

I AM EXCITED FOR BENDIS
Superman was comfy but boring. G and T couldn't stick big, serious stories. He may well suck, as he has past couple years, but I have a feeling it'll be reinvigorated, early Avengers like FUN. plus it'll be a great time in storytimes every week.

I don’t know dude all I asked is what’s is going on the big event in DC. I’d otn think my message was that complicated. Whatever

If this is a shill (which I highly doubt it is) then they are a terrible shill.

If the only reason you where reading Marvel was for #1s and somehow think that makes them more interesting then I don't know what to tell you

It'd be easier if you said what you were looking for.
If your okay with New IP's

-The Terrifics: Plastic Man. Mr.Terrific, Metamorpho, and Phantom Girl. Nuff said. May need to read up on Metal. Issue 1 released February.

-The Immortal Men: A bunch of immortals. Comes in April. Cons Tynion is gonna be on it. Pros Jim Lee may put in some real effort for the art.

-Damage: two issues in haven't read it. DC Hulk.

-The Silencer: (JRJr Art so yeah a bit of a throw up in the air) Some kinda ex-assassin/ secret agent book. If that's your thing.

-Sideways (Spider-Man DC is the best explanation but its not that bad) Cons Didio has his hands directly on it. Hopefully he doesn't push the similarities too far.

-New Challengers: Con is a different team of people. Pro it seems to be the one outside Sideways and Terrifics they are really pushing out for.

Link to page for more info and release dates
dccomics.com/blog/2017/11/29/the-new-age-of-dc-heroes

A shill form the big two who comes to here is wasting their time. 70% of people here don’t even read comics and just here for cartoons or movies which leaves what like 1000 people at most? This number should be nothing to the big two.

So, wait, you actually think a shill intentionally incited people to defend DC by saying it's become shit so that people defend it and advertise the new event? Because the 16 people ITT are a crucial market slice to spend resources devising nefarious plan instead of buying a fucking billboard. If anything it's advertising Marvel because it's giving it posititve word of mouth.

If that's not autism, I don't know what is.

If you want comic suggestions go to Reddit my boy. You have to feel the audience, and Sup Forums isn't a very welcoming place. Honestly though man, do your own research.

For No Justice this is an event leading from Metal I think? Its basically a soft reboot of the JL team. They are all separating into different specialized groups to combat the forces of Four major players in the multiverse. The problem for you is in the description you might have to read DC Metal in order to understand certain changes and characters being where they are. Also it starts in May.

Really? This trash?

>So, wait, you actually think a shill intentionally incited people to defend DC by saying it's become shit

He never said that. He chalked it up to new number ones. Which invites the "yeah this is DC's new jumping on mini" discussion.

If you don't like Sup Forums leave. I'm sick of shills not getting what they want and then deciding "well Sup Forums isn't comics" or "Sup Forums doesn't read comics". You're wrong but it doesn't matter I can't change your mind. I can make shilling less easy to do though.

>I say Sup Forums doesn't read comics so they don't
>those other sites? I say the read comics so they do

Leave then.

Um what honestly? Are you calling them all trash? I'm excited for Terrifics to continue and I'm a pretty big fan of the Challengers everything else is sort of out there as a maybe.

>I don't spend money on Superman but I matter.
Fuck you

>Challengers
Holy shit now I KNOW youre a shill. Considering the writer of more than a few of these likely one working in whatever office Snyder is in now. Nobody is excited for Not-Challengers.

I see no shilling here you double autist and I don't even know what the fuck you're on about or if you pro or anti DC?

>new number ones. Which invites the "yeah this is DC's new jumping on mini" discussion
Whenever a company does any sorts of reboots or renumbering people start asking about info. Not every one has comic news sites as their homepage, and also news sites don't convey the fans opoinion on the quality of events. So you'll always see people asking whenever any major event/crossover/relaunch is announced.

Are you telling me you aren’t excited about SIDEWAYS?! During the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL, high school junior Derek James accidentally fell through a rift into the dark matter dimension! Tell me that isn’t super cool! Now, as Sideways, he can create rifts in midair to leap through dimensions at will! I bet you’d like to do that! I know I would! But with that much power comes great liability—and cracks are starting to form in the fabric of the space-time continuum. Now that sounds super spooky. I’m loving it!

Fuck off shill

What? English? Fucking Challengers is the least shit of them.

Um I like Snyder, but anyways. They don't need to read these nor do you. I am merely pointing out DC does has a bunch of #1's coming or just out where they can try new stuff.

>I don't even know what the fuck you're on about or if you pro or anti DC?
Because I'm neither. I enjoy both, I don't enjoy shills. Why do you need someone to be company warring in order to understand why they don't want shill threads. All of this information is in the archive in this very site.

I don't appreciate casuals who can't use the catalog and archive or shills who want a new thread every day.

Fuck you. I prefer the people on Sup Forums be able to discuss comics, not shill solicits.

What about English? I COULD have included a comma in that second sentence but it isn't necessary. Learn to read.

>I like Snyder
Sorry for your shit taste, user. You can get better one day.

>w-wait I thought we seemed legit
>d-don't you guys shill solicits once a day?
>ar-archive? What's that? Fuck you you ruin Sup Forums!

Learn to write.

What're you gaining here? You're not even making a point you're just saying things.

The point is that you're illiterate.

But they were all shit.

Well, as I said I don't think anyone is shilling. I don't care abou solicits myself, I'd rather lurk threads after comics are released so people actually are informed about them but I also don't see anything suspisious when people talk about a major company relaunching their comic line, remember the Valiant relaunch, for example? So whatever.

Really makes you think. Maybe you're a deepcover double-agent shill sent from the competition in to prevent fans from talking about events by accusing them of being shills by counter-shilling potential shills. hmmm

I like Dark Knight Metal.

Also, Mr. Miracle by Tom King is one of the best runs I've ever read.

Attached: independent thought alarm.gif (640x360, 1.08M)

>but I also don't see anything suspisious when people talk about a major company relaunching

I do when they pop up so much over 48 hours. Especially when it's a paper thin thread like this, "I love new number ones is DCs new number one stuff for me?". Fuck off if you think that has a place here. Those faggots can go to blogs and Reddit. And that's not a "LOL Reddit for the normies" that's just me knowing that upvotes keep cynical fucks like me from derailing shill threads, which is what this is. It's why everyone thinks Reddit loves King. If you scroll past the "jump" most threads have the same complaints as Sup Forums but the shills downboat them.

I'm sick of shills being here in general. They ruin every story time posting about anons and attacking anyone with a criticism.