What cartoon art style would you like to see more of in the future?

What cartoon art style would you like to see more of in the future?

Attached: 63999830-B70D-4345-9C76-E25F8BC877F7.jpg (1462x2048, 656K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DOwPoxEUxUA
vimeo.com/214352663
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stick figures

Calarts face

>Something that lends itself well to action and drama

>Stopmotion like in Coraline, Paranorman, or Isle of Dogs

>Rango-esque 3D animation

I'd like to see a comic book adaptation that actually mimics comic book art, particularly of a classic artist

The stuff they used for Tom Goes to the Mayor or Xavier Renegade Angel or 12oz Mouse.
Let's call it "Gives no Fucks" style.

I've listened to Sup Forums ironically love it for so long I'd like them to choke on it for a couple decades.

more retarded faces

>demans art
>it's only visuals
Go back to school, kid

What classic artist did ya have in mind

I'm fine with any art style as long I get more Hogan's Heroes content.

Specifically probably Curt Swan or Dick Dillin, guys with iconic styles but that are simple enough to animate

felt puppets doing Earth Wind and Fire covers

I want to see this art all the elementary school teachers decorated their classroom with animated.

Attached: IMG_8324.jpg (242x267, 41K)

i have no idea what to call it, but i really like this art style
youtube.com/watch?v=DOwPoxEUxUA

Cailou?

does anybody know who the fuck drew these? I wonder how wealthy the artist got off of drawing this stuff

I always hated these. Even when I was a kid I found them weird and boring, I'd always ignored them. Worst part of my childhood, hands down. Literally a crime against humanity.

>Something that lends itself well to action and drama

This, right here. And like the other user said, imitate an actual comic book artist.

Not sure on which one tho. Maybe Stephen Platt, Jim Lee, Rocofort(?), etc

Attached: spl_06.jpg (800x585, 175K)

I want everything to look like Steven Universe, OK:KO, or Craig of the Creek. Their styles are just so interesting and it's obvious to everyone they put a lot of effort and attention into it.

I miss claymation

I miss animutation.

Luckily for you, that's the only style CN is going to have in the coming years.

Welcome the fish-duck-lipped, bean-mouthed, noodle arm overlords

When I was a kid, I was super depressed that my smile wouldn't curve all the way up like they did in these pictures. I thought there was something wrong with me, or I just couldn't be happy enough.

Attached: fox and wolf.png (661x355, 490K)

>>Rango-esque 3D animation

this a million times

Rango's CG single handedly gives meaning to the format. They did things with it that 2D art never could have.

bauhaus

Clerks animated or mission hill style

I want UPA to come back

Attached: 544FA4E0-7A72-4BFA-9FC5-4EDB0E81863B.jpg (443x332, 42K)

shading

Attached: 1512337859827.png (720x540, 1.11M)

They still make them. I imagine the art style was developed by the company and they have artists paid to make more stuff in that style.

>UPA
Sup Forums would just cry and call it Cal-Arts anyway.

I'd love to see animation stylized to look like the late 90s/early 2000s look a lot of Capcom games had. That's more Sup Forums or Sup Forums though, I'd just love to see animation that's more expressive and flowing, like Pucca.
I would sacrifice my left tit for a high budget show in Alex Ahad's style, you have no fucking idea, man.
These, too.

Attached: 1483830449548.jpg (1920x1080, 1.59M)

Love this art style. It was just so alive.

Attached: aw yeah fuckers.jpg (310x163, 13K)

These please, and lots of them

Ew

With how popular Cuphead was, I would have really liked to see more games/shorts and animated things take that retro 50s cartoon and play with it.

Adult swim does a lot of shorts/animated commercials with pixel art, that would be a cool thing to see more of.

it is called shit

>UPA comes back and everyone likes it
>2 years later, and Anime basically murders the return of such a dynamic style
>calarts fills the void
Fuck anime, man.

Attached: 1521518918582.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

tbqh

vimeo.com/214352663

Traditional Cell-Shading.

I'd literally kill someone for a George Perez cartoon

I feel like Zack Snyder gets the visual language of comics down to a tee but he sucks at actually understanding the context

No they'd call it "2000s style" since that's what a lot of cartoons looked like around that time.

Honestly i prefer it. Compared original PPG to the new tumblr PPG with thin lines and horrible baby crib colors. The Loud House is the last show with that kind of 2000s style, too bad it's also trite

John K./Joe Murray

A show like EEnE could never be made for tv again
>creator got to keep the rights to his IP so that it can't be dug up and raped
>held onto traditional cel animation as long as possible before it was forced to digital
>all of the preproduction was still done on paper, even with stickynotes
>the most skilled animators in Canada were all on the show
>even with the energetic style it still respected the model sheet and would never have the characters randomly change proportion if not for a gag (ie Eddy's eye getting huge to stare down Double D)
>was able to end on the creators own terms and had a great finale movie to boot

The one used for the show in this image is one I'd like to see more of, just a bit more refined.

Attached: Pennzero.jpg (580x384, 32K)

same user here Either that or from THIS.

Attached: Tangled_The_Series_logo.png (900x643, 1.02M)

weeaboo garbage = no thanks.

I'd like a Mike Mignola style cartoon. The only thing that comes close is Batman TAS and of course that amazing screw-on-head pilot that went nowhere
>Cuphead
>retro 50s
Cuphead was made in a mock 30s animation style user

Something done in Cuphead's style more often would be a welcome site - not just for vidya, either.

I really like how WOY's artstyle is so curvy and fluid. Can't post images right now but look at one picture from the show and you'll see what I mean.

Craig McCracken's shows are always great. He and his wife are some of the great Western creators left in my opinion.

No, you're not wrong; everything about WoY's dilligence in both presentation and backgrounds is something to strive for more often.

Cuphead has a great aesthetic for sure, but at this point I'd settle for just about any hand drawn 2D animation that manages 24 FPS.

This. It's my go-to show for when people need to know how flash/puppet animation stuff can look fantastic in competent hands.

I'd love cel animation to make a comeback, but like all your other points, it probably never will.

>creator got to keep the rights to his IP so that it can't be dug up and raped
I'm almost certain this isn't the case. AFAIK, Danny got full creative control over the show, but legally, the series is still CN property.

I wanna see drawings done on top of 16mm film. it's always looked so cool to me

The only reason that cartoons no longer look cel-animated is that no one really bothers to put in the effort to make them look hand-painted (with a few exceptions; the backgrounds in Harvey Beaks come to mind), which is a bit of a disgrace. Cel-animated cartoons, by the process alone, had more effort put into them. It doesn't mean modern shows can't look amazing, but something about there being signs the images onscreen were drawn by hand is just special, and is difficult to replicate when so much is done by computer. In spite of OK K.O.'s lack of consistency and simple character models, I really appreciate Ian making sure the show looks hand-drawn.

Over time (and especially after everything went HD), shows having sharp colors and looking excessively clean became the norm, and it only got worse. Compare the OG Samurai Jack, the first digital Simpsons eps, or the later seasons of Hey Arnold with their respective 2017 counterparts. Even though the technology is mostly the same, except high-def, the animation looks way cleaner and brighter in the modern versions.

I'd like to see more attempts at mixing traditional 2D and CGI animation. I think both mediums have redeeming qualities that can be combined to visually interesting results.

Attached: 1031459-tonko-house-20th-century-fox-developing-dam-keeper-feature.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Hard-shaded with bold colors, like in Black Dynamite and Viewtiful Joe.

MSpaint guy who is really bad, but trying