Why didn't the Iron Giant use one of his powerful weapon to destroy the atomic bomb safely from afar?

Why didn't the Iron Giant use one of his powerful weapon to destroy the atomic bomb safely from afar?

Attached: 0.gif (598x254, 3.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSjqF5tR894
youtube.com/watch?v=r_7iRVtxui8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because all his weapons were purely reactionary, he couldn't choose to use them when he wanted to.

He wasn't ready. Player one.

Same reason Superman impacts into nukes instead of heat vision-ing them.

Thanks for your answer. Player two.

It seem a nulear warhead would entice a reaction, though. If he already reacted to normal gun and tanks, an A-bomb would surely do the trick.

Because he was what he chose to be

It was just a fireball in the sky. He reacted to cannons, guns, tangible weapons being wielded and aimed at him.

It's missiles are weapons too.

He didn't want to be a gun.

Because

1. It was after Hogarth talked him down and he retracted all his sci-fi weapons.

2. He has siege weapons. He doesn't have anything that would let him reliably snipe the bomb from the distance it would have to be hit to prevent everyone getting poisoned from fallout.

Maybe the big energy thrower thing in OP's pic could have hit hit. But he would get once shot at it and he better damn not miss.

It's not like the bomb had killed him anyway.

Taking the blunt himself was the surest way, as he would have survived anyway.

Attached: 0.gif (625x256, 1.14M)

Superman charges into the fray. Every attack Superman takes is one that other people do not have to experience.

Again, he didn't see the actual shape of the missile being fired at him, so his reaction wasn't to go all DANGER WILL ROBINSON on the apparently inocuous fireball in the sky.

Plus, you're forgetting one very important thing.

Superman doesn't use guns.

>The Metal Superman of Earth-Byrd

youtube.com/watch?v=OSjqF5tR894
Why was he the only weaponized giant?

Oh...shit, this put things in a new perspective.

He clearly wans't. Your video shows that.

>eat metal and is highly adaptive.

Instead of being a weapon from some warmongering planet, could the Iron Giant simply be a Fermi Paradox drone?

He's the only one with flashy weapons

Wasn't that always knowns he was a weapon of mass destruction. who accidentally lost his memory? I don't really see a new information, there.

They are just in walking formation. You just simply don't see them using their weapon, but they most likely have them.

That scene is clearly after the battle, so the weapons are retracted as the move on. He might have already have self-reflective idea at this point, making him ponder and not retracting his own equipment yet?

He was scared he'd attacks once again by mistake someday. Being a good guy he decided to die a hero instead of living as a weapon. I go you stay no following. Too bad he did a full system reboot while rebuiling himself and killed everyone.

You mean a Berserker?
A probe sent out to find civilizations and crush them before they cause a problem to the people who built the probe?

Wait so the Iron Giant is Goku?
>sent to Earth to destroy the planet
>loses memory on impact
>becomes good

Depends. Is it's default setting to seek and destroy, and did the weapons just remind him of his original purpose? Or was he reacting to a threat?

In a deleted scene, we see the Giant's dream of his original purpose, which is to be apart of an entire invading army destroying everything.

i always joked if this movie was from japan the robot wouldnt rebuild

so like the ape aliens from dragon ball?

>becomes good
But Goku just likes punching people. It’s just convenient the strongest people tend to be bad. Goku wants to punch string guys.

Yes he does.

No you.

>Superman doesn't use guns.
Sure he does, like that time he used a gravity gun.

Pretty much. All Saiyans like beating the tar out of people, it's in their dinnuh. It's interesting that even an amnesiac Saiyan who becomes good is still a complete psychopath.

he is the king of the iron giants

The difference with Goku is he never punches down. If he knows someone is weaker than him, he doesn't go out of his way to smash thier face in. All other Saiyans are homicidal bullies at best that would kill you for looking at them funny. Goku doesn't give a shit unless you can give him a good fight

The robot would be a cute girl and you'd be wrong.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x696, 75K)

maybe he couldn't hit it at that range, and if he waited until the bomb got close enough where he could hit it, it would destroy the town.

He knew it was for the best for him to just die. As long as he was alive people would hate him or dear him or try and manipulate him for themselves. To keep hogarth safe he let himself die.

If I remember right, having the Giant destroy the missile with his weapons was considered, but ultimately scrapped because it didn't fit nearly as well thematically. He didn't want to be a gun, and--this is probably the more important part--he didn't want other people to see him as that.

All his weapons are energy based they would arch or dissipate in long distance shots.

>USS Nautilus launches a nuke at the end of the movie
>USS Nautilus wasn't operational until a year after the movie takes place
>USS Nautilus could never launch ballistic missiles
>The first sub-launched ballistic missiles used by the US wouldn't appear for years later and didn't even go into space for reentry
>Guy just launches the nukes when he panics and presses a button even though back then it required 2 simultaneous pressings by 2 different officers

Because he's not a gun

The better question is why the bomb even went off when he smacked into it. It would have been an airburst and its detonator would have been waiting for whatever altitude it was set too. Nukes are finely tuned machines and being hit like that would have just broken it, not detonated it.

>what is "its just a movie" for 500$ alex

christ

youtube.com/watch?v=r_7iRVtxui8

Attached: 1493054858032.jpg (500x598, 82K)

>t. pic related

Attached: 1442720805571.jpg (700x690, 70K)

Attached: Morrison on fiction.jpg (638x487, 109K)

It's not like he's a hundo percent accurate with it either
he missed a bunch of jeeps several times with his weapons. a nuke is too important of a target to fuck up

This doesn't really apply to simple historical inaccuracies. I'm not that guy though and personally don't mind inaccuracies in fiction. It's why Apocolypto is still one of my favorite movies.

I know I'm late and all but GO FUCK YOURSELF user, FUCK YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY
Fucking trainwreck of a movie pulled the waifu bait switcheroo and I felt for it goddamn it, I felt for it like a fool, I wanted to bone that android. Then the finale played and lord my poor poor heart..
Fuck you user
I love you
Seriously fuck you

Attached: kratsstark.jpg (865x367, 151K)

Not that user but the giant had the choice to use guns, and the choice he took was to NOT be a gun.
plus if the deleted scene is anything to stand by he probably remembered all the atrocities he committed while in that state and was horrified by it all

i wanted to fuck the milf