Boy Marvel sure is lucky that Steve Rogers was the one white man in 1945 who wasn't a patriarchal racist homophobe...

Boy Marvel sure is lucky that Steve Rogers was the one white man in 1945 who wasn't a patriarchal racist homophobe transphobe religious extremist.

Attached: 91YSs7LTP4L._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 726K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Almost like the guy who developed the serum was explicitly screening to make sure the test subject was a good person or something

Rogers was written in as a poor Irish-American kid who got bulllied, user.
He identifies as a minority

>do you want to kill some germans
>no i want to kill bullys
>ok i choose u
Great test.

The entire Rogers concept is power in the hands of a quiet, uncompromisingly good person. It’s not weirder than the doctorate-carrying wizard, hidden African country, or army of robotic space locusts you find in Marvel.

>do you want to kill germans
>i dont want to kill anyone
ftfy

Because the Irish totally aren't racist.

Attached: 314124_v1.jpg (300x307, 33K)

Correct. We're seen as non-white for a long, long time still in some palces

Came to post . What the fuck is wrong with you m8

>but i will kill some bullys if you give me a gun
>ok i choose u
ftfy

>I don't want to kill anyone

What do you think he meant by this retard

>I'm going to stop innocents from being hurt
>As opposed to killing out of hatred or want

How is this hard to understand

I hope you're not implying the King was any of those things otherwise he might have to come down from heaven and threaten to punch your sorry ass skinny face like he did to those fascists who threatened him and Joe Simon in the 40s.

Attached: Jack-Kirby-100th-Birthday.jpg (1000x500, 131K)

How would a quiet, uncompromisingly good person from 1945 feel about lesbians giving a eight year old boy a sex change?

it was a plot point in the movie that the serum would only work right on a good person

all of those things are qualities of bad people

That's a pretty big jump from "racist homophobe"

I think people are a little more complex than that.

it's cannon that Cap has been unfrozen at least since the 60s, it's not like he hasn't seen the world evolve. What made someone from 1945 more racist or homophobic than someone from today is the time they were raised in, but i assume once you hit your 100th something year with a literal peak human body and have seen so much crazy shit, between being trapped in alternate dimensions, dead ones coming back, clones, bizarre mutant shit and so on, something like that seems almost minor.

Sliding timeline, idiot

It's not, they're purposefully being obtuse to troll.

Attached: 1312748327017.jpg (458x296, 253K)

Really doesn't stop anyone from being racist.

I wouldn't want to be out alone at night in Belfast if I was black or English.

>do you want to kill some germans
Always

Attached: harris.jpg (508x604, 62K)

(You)

Attached: (You).jpg (310x200, 7K)

But the sliding timeline only started like, 20 years into the Marvel canon (it's a early 80s thing, right?), which would make Cap have been unfronzen in the 90s, giving him enough time to be aculturated and making him have seen a bunch of crazy shit all the same

There are millions of people in the world who believe it's morally wrong to kill people but they kill because reasons. Most of the soldiers in WWII believe killing was wrong but that they had too. This idea that Steve is some kind of saint because he believed killing was wrong is retarded.

Desmond Doss fought in WWII without ever killing anyone. He refused to carry a gun because he believed killing was evil. But he still went into battles and he saved lives. Is Steve more moral than him?

But now you made me think about it anyway, pretty soon cap will have been unfrozen in a world where pretty much every sort of intermediation in the world will have changed completely from when he was unfrozen, too bad this will obviously be ignored.

Serious response:
Cap is pretty libertarian. I imagine he would be in favor of the kid being allowed an operation if he wanted one and the parents approved, though he would probably expect that a licensed professional evaluate him beforehand

Cap prefers to er on the side of freedom where possible to avoid slippery slopes, which is why he strongly advocates the right to free speech even if you're a Nazi or anarchist. I think he'd view the government being able to step in and tell parents that they can't decide what's best for their child as setting a bad precedent

This isn't to say I agree with that view, but I'm a huge fan of Cap and I think that's what he'd believe

>Cap is pretty libertarian.
This is either trolling or a 12-yr old's meme interpretation of Libertarianism.

>It's a HURR PUNCH NOTZEES episode

Report and filter

Attached: Sage.jpg (1200x400, 26K)

Obsessed

I think its funny that T'Challa just kept his council around after being so cool with Killmonger's nazi regime. Like, goddamn guys, maybe you should respectfully step down from leadership.

1. Saying that you've reported is against the rules.
2. Nobody is on about that.

I'll admit I don't really know the definitions of the political alignments very well, so the latter
Cap is in favor of a weaker federal government, strict adherence to the Constitution, adherence to the law, equal rights for all, meritocracy, utilitarianism, and pragmatism. Whatever alignment that is is what Cap is

Yeah, what ruler would want a council full of guys who obey the legitimate King?

Not Sup Forums fuck off

None of them were cool with it, they resisted at times like when he burned the herb. Wakanda is hardcore into the rule of law, and the law said he was king. Even T'challas family sought out a legal way for someone with a claim to contest him, they didn't try to just overthrow him.

But could Doss punch Red Skull in the face?

>captain america isn't Sup Forums
user, I...

>Cap is in favor of a weaker federal government
It was some UN security council shit rustling his jimmies. He didn't want the Avengers to have to wait for permission from the Chinese and Russians to respond.
>strict adherence to the Constitution
You're confusing Libertarians with other people here
>equal rights for all
Ha, haha, no not really a Libertarian ideal.
>meritocracy, utilitarianism, and pragmatism
Libertarians believe you're entitled to whatever you can afford with your riches and not a jot more.

He was a generally good person before the serum and the serum was explicitly stated to amplify mental qualities. He was caring before, he’s super empathetic now. Plus this is the guy who willingly lept on a grenade to save a bunch of random guys he barely knew.

Damn you really just didn't read the whole post, huh? It's ok, try again but slower this time.

user I literally said I was incorrect about what libertarianism is
I know what I'm describing isn't libertarian, I just don't know what it actually is

Yeah all the nazis soldiers under Hitler were good people and loyal soldiers, we should have used them in our armies rather than punish them.

They resisted for like 20 seconds and then they were like "welp time to do what he says I guess"

It was ridiculous.

People who he viewed as bullies and killers no less. There's a reason Cap uses a shield and not a sword or a gun, it's just part of who he is to care and protect.

>They resisted for like 20 seconds
One person nearly died over it, user. And don't just ignore my other points.

Get this fucking Sup Forums shit off my board

Attached: 1515852956652.jpg (2550x3300, 3.9M)

All that shit could easily be ironed out offscreen. Hell, you could transport a 1800s slaveowner to the future and they'd catch on pretty quickly.

Shut the fuck up bog hopper, Irish are just as racist as everyone fucking else. Your "we wuz minorities" card expired a long time ago.

Its almost like people can change their opinions.

Attached: 1515853073183.jpg (750x965, 315K)

Attached: 1515853267523.jpg (750x961, 381K)

Was that person even on the council? I thought she was just one of the flowertenders.

And I ignored your other points because they were silly. These are people who were happy to go against the tradition of the country to wage war on the outside world, but we're expected to also believe that they're all rigidly loyal to their king? All of them? Traditionalist upbringing doesn't work like that. This is one of the reasons why I feel the third act was rushed - I wanted some more tension and resistance to Killmonger. His takeover was just too easy and his defeat glossed over too quickly.

Attached: 1515853381634.jpg (750x962, 391K)

Attached: 1515853420295.jpg (750x961, 268K)

so should they make a point of him being an old dude?, have him say some shit about how he didnt knew such good group of negros back in the day? look its just a movie

>being this retarded

Attached: 1521565955549.gif (500x260, 3.97M)

what the fuck is going on , why there is a gay comic?

T'challa was already questioning whether or not they should continue to be isolationist even before Killmonger showed up. Their separation from the outside world isn't as core to their identity as a people as their devotion to their king is.

Probably as much, since that's what Steve does.
Thanks for making a point against morons who alway argue "he was in the war of course he killed, hurr".

Lots of Sup Forums and Sup Forums shitters lately with the release of BP and upcoming IW. Really sad people.

He wouldn't be ok with it.

Was he depicted as a saint? Or just as a hard working kid who seemed to be a bit more virtuous than those around him?

In the comics,, we really don't see much of the screening process, so we can only assume. But in the movies? He was the only one who seemed to care more than just a bit about virtue.

He also jumped on a grenade when he thought it was a live one, trying to save his platoon.

Finally, remember that in the movie, they were just testing the serum on Steve, the plan was to have an army of super soldiers. The scientist was an escapee from Nazi German who experienced the very worst mankind can offer. Is it so widely unbelievable he would pick this kid from Brooklyn that would give his life to save his friends instead of one of the Jarheads that seemed to care more about the army life than philosophy or virtue? Not to say they were bad people, but the desire to serve from Steve was purely altruistic. He couldn't last in an actual conflict zone by being a scrawny, thin weakling. Again, how Steve is any less different from Desmond Doss? Both characters seem similar when you think about it.

>Every single person born befoew me was backwards and evil.

>its just a movie
Not an argument.

but when you're talking about why these fictional characters in a fictional world don't act like people from the real world, it becomes a totally valid argument.

Quads confirm

>patriarchal racist homophobe transphobe religious extremist.

> The left actually believes people were ever like this

But a patriarchal racist homophobe transphobe religious extremist would have been a good guy back then

You so understand that there are essentially no legitimate hospitals that are going to give ANY parents carte blanche for that extensive an optional series of surgical procedures on a very minor child?

He used a shield in conjunction with a gun

Attached: Cap_comandos.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

If Doss had the physical capability of cap it would be less moral of him not to use it to work for the greater good.

Great power something something responsibility.

PERFECTION

they where judging by today standars, and so will we be considered as such in 80 years dosent matter how progrssive you think you are right now, its just a cycle

Everybody knows movies are fantasy, that doesn't protect them from being criticized. You can't just say "its just a movie" every time someone criticizes something you like. If we're going to accept that Steve was a person who lived in a 1940s that was similar to ours then we need to understand what kind of person he would be to truly understand the character and if his characterization doesn't match then it deserves criticism. Just going "its a movie lulz" isn't productive.

>lol I watched Hacksaw Ridge guise

I love when people pretend to be intellectual with current year pop culture tripe. Just goes to show how unoriginal their opinions are.

Attached: 1520908488041.png (621x702, 56K)

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html

>isn't productive.
you serious now nigga? how is it productive to discuss why a film character aint shown to be more racist/homophobe? its a dumbass question also by deffinition discussing pop culture is not to be taken as a productive task, its just something you do out of fun, and its ok, but theres a differece between "hey lets discuss this movie share what we like or dislike about and what do we expect out of the next" to "imma be a bitch because cap didnt call t´challa a nigger", its not that it shouldnt be criticized, is that this particular critic is retarded, its a make believe world and Steve Rogers was man way ahead of his time wich make him easier to adapt to the new societal climate

that's not a sex change you fucking idiot

Nice shit post
1. using "I love when"
2. completely ignores the argument to complain about something unrelated
3. complains about being pop culture while memeing
4. complains about originality while being the most unoriginal post in the thread
5. only post in the entire thread to post a meme image

>Got BTFO, better cover.

Nice shit post
1. Sucking dick
2. Posts in thread that clearly violates rule 3
3. Inadvertently enables toxic Sup Forums culture by contributing to a bait attempt designed to trigger them
4. Deluded into thinking anyone cares about your shitty argument backed by opinions you've stolen from other people
5. Hasn't killed himself by suck-starting a shotgun yet

Yeah. Don't they know Sup Forums is love?

That's not a sex change, retard, They're just putting off puberty until the kid can figure out whether he's trans or not. If it turns out he's normal, they can take him off and puberty will kick in like normal. If he decides to join the Speedrunning community, then the hormones will do a better job and he won't look so man-faced.
It's weird that you hate trannies for being obvious men, but when there's a solution for it, you're against that too.

it was bait user and you swallowed it hook line and sinker.
that doesn't stop you from being right though

He will treat it like Superman will treat it, He asks a boy if he really wanted to do it. And give him some advice on life and shit.

Captain America is a liberal, and prefer people to choose their own way.

Attached: Free art 1.png (646x580, 204K)

Sorry for wanting characters to be more than liberal strawmen who are still doomed to be politically incorrect in a decade.

as a soldier in a war
I can't recall a time as an avenger that he used a firearm but I'm not an expert on Cap

No way that's fucking real

Attached: 1505711081389.png (454x490, 350K)

Cap will kill teenagers who have been conscripted but he won't kill psychopathic mass murdering supervillains.

You say that as if we saw Cap shoot some cowering teen in his face
We only saw him killing scum like HYDRA

How new are you

It's still fucked up you fucking idiot.

Is that by the same guy that made those fake Namor comics?

He used an assault rifle during the helicarrier battle.

>Steve saves some black kid from being crushed by some rubble or something
>Black kid says, “Wow, thanks Captain America!”
>Cap double takes at the kid
>”Ew a nigger!” He says
>Drops him off a building

Fuck you for making me think of that

Attached: 92013870-BAEB-4938-8D5E-5A2D86EF19E2.jpg (240x251, 32K)

What? That didn't happen, are you fucking nuts? Is this like when americunts wouldn't let trans people go to bathrooms because "they'll look at kids" then they rallied to protect a pedo politician?

A cara, na ligint do na breaganna seo a bhaint i do chroi. Tá ciniochas go foill beo inár measc. Ná chreid go bhfuil muid taobh amuigh do már gheall ar an sclamhaíocht agus dunmharadh a tharla duinn.

>Believes in universal morality and objective right and wrong
>Artwork emphasizes futurist themes of motion, energy, etc.
>Almost all his stories have the hero overcoming the villain through force
>Heroes are all manly men in good shape, aesthetically ideal
>Villains are all freakish and abnormal
>Intensely patriotic, glorifies military service

Jack Kirby was almost definitely a spiritual fascist, because that more or less was the norm in those times. Hell, Orion as a character is more or less based on Kirby reconciling with this later on and confronting his own fascist nature.

Whether it was decreed in the 80's or decided yesterday is immaterial, the sliding timescale is in effect and applies as much to today as it did to cap's first appearance in comics. Since 1961 to 2018 about 14 years of Marvel time have passed, 4 years real time per 1 year Marvel time, Cap's first emerged from the ice in 1964 real time, so it follows that in Marvel time he returned toward the end of 2004.