Marvel Land coming to Disney Parks

youtube.com/watch?v=5uoQo3i_zoY
>Marvel officially announces new lands based on their characters are coming to Disney Theme Parks all over the world, with DCA, Paris, and Hong Kong. Not much else is known about these lands, except "A Bug's Land" at DCA will be closing this year to make way for Marvel.

Attached: DYwU-gEW4AI0Ex9.jpg-large.jpg (972x1440, 287K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1vku_yWmmtQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do people even go to Disney parks? They always felt pretty irrelevant to me

>Do people even go to Disney parks?
Yes. I'd be willing to bet it's Disney's second biggest money-maker outside their movies and TV shows.

DIsney parks are the biggest money makers Disney have outside ESPN and they dominate annual theme park attendance statistics.

How does this affect the Universal stuff?

>I don't go
>therefore nobody goes!!

FR*CK YES

BRB just looking for places to live near Disney World

disney can't do super heroes east of the missippi

hence overseas and cali

exactly the way you think it does

It won't. The Universal park can keep their rides, but Disney can't have any in their Florida parks featuring Avengers, X-Men, and F4, which is why Disney has only a Guardians ride coming to EPCOT.

it doesn't. Agreement made with Universal back then allows them to keep their Marvel attractions.

Honestly the only reason I'd see them getting rid of that section would be to expand Wizarding World.

We've gotten other details on Hong Kong and Paris from previous reports.

Paris is getting a stuntshow this summer, an Iron Man retheme of Rock n' Rollercoaster, and some broader Avengers ride somewhere down the line.

Hong Kong already has an Iron Man version of Star Tours that is set to be joined by an Ant-Man retheme of Buzz Lightyear's Astro-Blasters and some big Avengers E-Ticket.

We've only had a handful of rumors for what DCA is getting, but Spider-Man or Captain America are the ones whose names keep getting tossed around as potential focal characters for a Marvel version of the Tron Lightcycle coaster

Attached: HK-Disneyland-Marvel-Featured-11222016.jpg (970x545, 181K)

Saves at least one Tower of Terror from renovation thankfully.

>pls gibs Gwen Stacy death simulation coaster or no monies

Doctor Strange is also free to use in WDW, but they aren't allowed to brand an area as being a "Marvel Land" over there, hence the heavy Guardians push.

Doctor Strange would be an excellent revamp for Alien Encounter.

Maybe, but it would clash with Tomorrowland's Sci-Fi theme.

A old woodie Spider Coaster featuring Goblin and Spider-man fight. sfx of a *SNAP* at the highest point.

The big rumor for Alien Encounter is some sort of Wreck it Ralph attraction, but it's been shelved while they focus their energy on getting Tron up.

There's a Disney park in HK?

that is a waste of a good horror setup.

Yep

Hong Kong Disneyland's been around since 2005. Last of the parks under Eisner, so it started off really underdeveloped. But with some really proactive expansion efforts paying off with stuff like Mystic Manor and Big Grizzly Mountain as well as actually doing scary stuff for Halloween, it's become much more charming.

youtube.com/watch?v=1vku_yWmmtQ

Besides Marvel, Hong Kong's also working on a Frozen expansion of Fantasyland and a "We're clearly feeling emasculated by Shanghai Disneyland's big castle" upgrade to their Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Attached: Lord-Henry-Mystic-and-Albert.jpg (1500x2105, 825K)

Think spidey is getting a dark ride on DCA disney patented a swing seat a while back

>MCU-Themed lands

Fun for casuals I guess... you will not see any classic Avengers or Guardian here, neither X-Men and Fantastic Four, at least I hope we see some Spider-Man villains, not only Vulture.

>going to Disney World in 2021
>going on a Disney Cruise next month
>now this

Disney please my wallet can’t handle this

If you'd much rather have those characters, then go to Universal Studios Florida.

You're a fucking moron

>you will not see any classic Avengers or Guardian here

You mean Cap, Iron Man, Thor, etc.? Are you stupid? They're some of the biggest characters of the MCU. If they're going to be in the MCU they'll make their way to the parks. Why are people on Sup Forums so willfully stupid sometimes?

I wonder if they’ll include a Marvel comic shop like in Universal as well

Welp, time to head to Orlando and audition for Star-Lord.

They already have a Star-Lord. I saw him in January. He looks nothing like Chris Pratt.

Orlando is absolutely clogged from people constantly swarming into those parks. Yes people go to them you moron.

>Do people even go to Disney parks?
I'm literally going to Disneyland tomorrow because it is a madhouse on weekends.

Might want to wait until the end of the vid, pal.

Honestly, I like visiting the Marvel section of Universal Studios because it's this land stuck in time. They can't do anything new with it because Disney won't let them, but they also don't want to let it go because the IPs are too valuable.

So it's trapped, frozen in this mid-2000s Marvel era with all the characters and their costumes. It's like going back in time 15 years.

The "Classic" Appeal is popular in its own way.

>Ant-Man retheme of Buzz Lightyear's Astro-Blasters
Could you imaging them making an Iron Man ride where the blasters are reconfigured into gauntlets you put on your hands?

That would actually be really cool. They're already doing a Cap shield throwing attraction too.

Well fuck. Time to git gud with a Frisbee.

Attached: tenor.gif?itemid=7292992.gif (498x209, 1.44M)

Universal's patented some suspended "Iron Man Suit" ride vehicle set-up, so there are plans for something new at Marvel Superhero Island, not to mention the aesthetic upgrades to both Spiderman and Hulk in recent years.

But their priorities are shifting towards the Nintendo projects as they're trying to decide whether or not to make their third park a full-on Nintendoland.

I wonder how much of the tv side they’ll just ignore. Kind of hard to imagine a Jessica Jones mascot or Inhumans ride.

When the fuck is Universal gonna take down Super Hero Island? Jurassic Park is in desperate need of expansion and with JW being big right now, I can't see a reason why they aren't working on new attractions.

Considering that this vaguely Rescue Rangers-based thing was the only time they ever did a ride based on a show, they'll be ignoring all of Marvel TV for this.

Attached: gadgets-go-coaster_primary1.jpg (1000x450, 208K)

Never. Annual royalties to Disney is a small price to pay for keeping their biggest competitor's most lucrative movie properties out of their own hands in Florida.

Also, Jurassic Park's pretty much totally boxed in now thanks to Harry Potter and King Kong. The only thing they can really do for new attraction space there is take out the kiddie areas and the long defunct Triceratops Encounter trails or maybe reclaim some land from the lagoon and create an extra peninsula or something.

original ideas is too hard for disney

More like the execs have no confidence in original ideas as new headliners in America.

Like as much as they keep trying to slowly introduce SEA into American parks through restaurants and new queue easter eggs, it's still primarily an Asian park thing. Like the closest thing we got to a SEA ride in America is a rafting waterslide thing at Typhoon Lagoon they added last year.

Attached: Mystic-Manor-Society-of-Explorers-and-Adventurers-HKDL.jpg (600x450, 121K)

People from my country literally and unironically move to Orlando.

Is it true IoA had Purple Man walking around one Halloween?