RUMOR: Venom Will Have Only A Few Minutes of Screentime In…Venom

>A new rumour is doing the rounds that we won't actually see more than a couple of minutes of Venom in, well, Venom. Instead, the symbiote will mostly manifest itself via black veins on Eddie Brock's arms and as tendrils and even a shield during a car chase. It won't be until the very end of the movie that the alien forms a suit around its host but even that will only be for a battle lasting a couple of minutes against the lead villain described as a scientist also infected with an alien symbiote.

comicbookmovie.com/venom/rumor-has-it-that-we-shouldnt-expect-to-see-a-lot-of-venom-in-the-upcoming-venom-movie-a158835

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 4.30.02 PM.png (259x311, 131K)

I'd rather we just get a Prototype movie, tbhfamlam

Just like last time

Attached: 88a0fc210799940646e414fab6469b94a045ad2e.jpg (600x300, 38K)

Good.

Can't say I'm surprised

>against the lead villain described as a scientist also infected with an alien symbiote

Also I hope to fucking christ this isn't retconning my boy, Carnage. He better not be reduced to even more of a "Red Venom" stereotype with the symbiote not even attached to Cletus.

If this is so, I won’t watch it. And venoms one of my favorite marvel characters

apparently Carnage is revealed/hinted at at the end as a set up for the sequel

The only thing that ever interested me in this movie was why the fuck did Tom Hardy sign up for it? He is on a relative career high, with roles in a bunch of succesfull movies.
Did Sony pay him that much that he could not refuse? Because the alternative is that the script is that good, which I refuse to belive.

Wow. So they saw how well Fox's Failtastic Four did and thought "THIS IS WHAT THE PUBLIC WANTS!"

hollywood being hollywood again.

Told you they had nothing to show

Why the hell make it an origin story in the first place? This is going to fucking suck and i hate how this is what we get for a venom film. Fuck sony.

That’s literally the same mistake as last time. Why?

its also baffling that its an origin story without Spider-Man. why make it an origin at all? Just have him already be Venom, trying to be more of an anti-hero than villain, as he tries to put his life back together. Carnage shows up and forces him to embrace the anti-hero persona more strongly.

Sometime actors sign up on projects without a script.

They take chances on projects based on other big names that signed up, or they hear a pitch that sounds great on paper not realizing the people working on it will turn out a bad movie.

The fact it was a Spider Man villain probably intrigued him enough to sign up thinking, "Sure! How can this not be a success? Marvel movies make bank!"

Wow, what a surprise. I'm incredibly shocked.

Attached: 1457577910966.jpg (357x312, 29K)

They're digging their own graves. Everyone will hate it and it'll lead to Sony shuttering the morons in charge once and for all. Then MCU will get full Spider-Man rights. Eddie will be a martyr for us all.

>a sony movie is going to be awful
Breaking news: water is wet

>Everyone will hate it and it'll lead to Sony shuttering the morons in charge once and for all. Then MCU will get full Spider-Man rights. Eddie will be a martyr for us all.
Thats still not a win because the MCU only makes horrible movies for the most part, and their spiderman is the biggest offender of this. The only benefit that could conceivably come from this is if its failure leads to amy pascal getting fired.

Oh shut the fuck up you colossal faggot.

So it's bitchmade Akira?

You seem to fit that description better honestly.

Calm down sony fag, your company will go bust fron poor playstation sales, not just because the movie divisions CEO is an incompetent bitch who lets her stupid feminist politics get in the way of making good movies.

SCREENCAP THIS POST

This will bomb horribly at early screenings, we will see tons of bad buzz on Twitter. Then we will hear rumors of reshoots. The final film will have obvious reshoots of poorly CGIed Venom scenes that will also be filled with awkward out of place humor and possibly a romance subplot and a set up for future shared universe films, all of which will tonally clash with the rest of the film. The director and stars will be quiet and aloof about the film during the press tour, mostly focusing on how much they enjoyed working with each other. The final result will be a piece of shit and a few people will wonder if the director's original vision would have been better but mostly no one will care because another cape movie is coming out next month.

SCREENCAP THIS POST

Why do people think romance and humor need to be forced into everything? My biggest complaint on the MCU is how juvenile and comedic its become.

Attached: C74ECB2E-E64E-4E8E-831D-9BBC24DF85DF.png (309x313, 126K)

Bonus points:
>Sony interfered during production.
>Director and stars argued on set.
>Producers had different ideas.

Moneyball: director tweets out on opening day that he wishes he could have give everyone the film he wanted

>Sony fucks it up again
Shocking...

What the fuck is wrong with you? Someone’s upset that venom would be an after thought in his own movie, and that rustles your feathers? You’re both and idiot and a faggot. Congratulations

>Then MCU will get full Spider-Man rights

Not sure that's a good thing. I don't think the MCU would touch the symbiotes with a ten foot barge pole. Carnage especially. That mother fucker has had to live in his own segregated corner of 616 for the last 8 years. This current arc of Spider-Man with the Red Goblin is the first time Carnage has been used at all outside of specifically branded Carnage comics since I think the Carnage Cosmic. Sony produced Venom 2 is the only way I see him ever getting onto the silver screen.

Attached: 9d6.png (1988x1202, 3.07M)

romance is always put in for the women demographic. they tend to like that more than action

>MCU only makes horrible movies for the most part.

The fuck are you on? There's been some stinkers but even MCU's worst is at least watchable.

>romance is always put in for the women demographic. they tend to like that more than action
Why do they have to ruin so many movies with pointless subplots aimed at a demo that doesnt even watch action or horror movies? Whats the logic?
>avengers 1 and 2
>IM3
>all thor movies
>civil war
>homecoming
>ant man
>dr strange
>watchable

Attached: C468203E-E8D3-404A-9085-4E5F393C7ABD.jpg (225x225, 20K)

Jesus Christ what're you twelve?

Bet your faggot ass loved Logan though.

>civil war
Shit taste confirmed

>Not sure that's a good thing. I don't think the MCU would touch the symbiotes with a ten foot barge pole. Carnage especially.
And here lies the problem with disney buying marvel, they wont use anything that they are agraid isnt kid friendly or wholesome, and so they dunb down and kiddify the entire brand because of their stupid company image which everyone besides soccor mom familys hate

Not an argument fat ass, all the movies i mentioned sucked ass. Explain to me how any of them were good.
The cap parts where great but everything with scarlett bitch and spider twink annoyed the fuck out of me.

Given the Sony that we've come to know, that sounds about right.

So is strange homecoming ragnarok and avengers one. They don't need to be masterpieces to be watchable.

I don't care about your opinion especially because you clearly do think Logan was anything more than tripe. If he had worn yellow that movie would have been no less absurd.

>Scarlett bitch
>Spider twink
You're like a fucking Millar villain Jesus Christ grow up

>MCU only makes horrible movies for the most part, and their spiderman is the biggest offender of this.

You're an idiot. Homecoming was critically acclaimed, loved by fans, and made a ton of money.

>bad because they wont touch carnage

I'd prefer the MCU use him competently than Sony butcher him. Besides they're running out of untapped Spider villains. It's only a matter of time until they use Carnage either way.

It's executive logic. They show the movie to retards and the retards say they don't like it. They ask the retards what they like and the retards say MCU so the execs order reshoots to inject humor and romance because that's what the MCU has.

It's pretty simple. Executives are not creative, they're accountants.

>deflecting
Logan had major issues but was much better then generic MCU quipfest #683, you brainless faggot

Explain why

>You're an idiot. Homecoming was critically acclaimed, loved by fans, and made a ton of money.
I didnt know buzzfeed writers made up the majority of fans, oh wait you are a lying retard never mind.
Not an argument

Not gonna lie, you got this down to a tee.

Because it actually had an interesting plot and characters with depth that delt with more themes the cucked mouse would ever let marvel studios get away with.

Everything you said can be said about any marvel movie. You'd just say "nah". beyond that the plot was terrible in pace and execution. "Muh corn" being some garbage twist and some perfectly edited behind the scenes video for Logan and us to receive exposition dumps? That's good? Yeesh. So good you call other cams trash? You must be twelve.

And themes? What themes did it explore that other CBMs haven't?

Does this look like a filmmaker the studio can push around to you?

kill me

Attached: 1516373332665.png (353x323, 11K)

You dumb bitch, you really think dr strange had any depth or delt with anything another film hadnt delt with? It was fucking iron man only with beyonce references. And calling me 12 doesnt prove your point you dumb bastard.

No one cares about arguing with you or your opinion, we came here to shit on you and laugh at you.

Attached: camera look.jpg (1300x867, 180K)

>you really think dr strange had any depth or delt with anything another film hadnt delt with? I
No which I why I didn't say that. I knew from your tone exactly the type of "Fan" you are.

You clearly do think that Logan did that though so seems I was quite spot on.

What I had said about marvel flicks was that they were watchable, disputing you saying they aren't. Logan isn't "watchable". It's a depressing slog with no pace and no clear message beyond "fuck capeshit grrrr unless it's super serious but kinda also stupid like 80s action flicks grrrrr."

Pathetically I unironically believe BvS handled many of the themes and certainly the tone much better.

>WAGHHHH ITS TOO DEPRESSING WHERES MY HULK DICK JOKE
Once again proving MCU fags are fucking children and a waste of everyones time

>reductive response
Once again provin loganfags are really just twelve year olds with no more Monster energy left REEing into a void of depression.

Sad, years ago you might have bought the garbage they were calling Wolverine comics at the time.

>Besides they're running out of untapped Spider villains

I imagine they'll use:

Mysterio
Kraven
Chameleon
Black Cat
Mr. Negative
Scorpion
Jackal
Tombstone
Beetle
Silver Sable

All before they'd give Carnage a turn. They have enough villains for another trilogy and then could recycle old ones that haven't been introduced to the Homecoming universe. An unrepentant serial killer is just too dark for Disney to use.

The fact you have no argument besides cllaiming people are underage proves what a drooling dumb faggot and MCU cuck like you is.

>An unrepentant serial killer is just too dark for Disney to use.
Why cant disney just grow a pair and put him in, why ate they such crybabies to do anything serious or violent? The buyout is the worst thing to happen to comics.

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd do that, though.
Plus he's the only big name on the movie, no?

how much are they paying you

that's a pretty safe bet

Funny I think a post like:Proves that

I really want this to be true. Just so I can see the depths of stupidity Sony will sink to.

My argument is that you think its too dark because you are a senstive bitch, a thing you even said in your post you lying mentally defective cock sucker

OP's report comes from plot synopsis posted on Sup Forums, which is probably fake, considering the poster claimed he saw a fully-edited test-screening two days after the movie wrapped filming.

Here's the spoilers anyway.

In San Francisco, alcoholic journalist Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) is released from prison and reaches out to his ex-wife, lawyer Ann Weying (Michelle Williams), and their young daughter, but is rejected. While sleeping in the woods, Brock witness a space probe crash nearby, and an extraterrestrial symbiote bonds to him. Brock flees as the government-sponsored Life Foundation arrives to collect their damaged probe. They find two other symbiotes, one that bonds with Dr. Emerson Collins (Reid Scott) and apparently kills him.

Brock is captured and experimented on by Dr. Dora Skirth (Jenny Slate) at the behest of Dr. Carlton Drake (Rhiz Ahmed), CEO of the Life Foundation. but manages to escape with help from the symbiote, which tears through the facility. Brock returns to San Francisco and is sheltered by Ann, testing his new powers. Mercenaries led by Roland Treece (Scott Haze) locate him, and captured Ann and their daughter to force Brock to surrender. Brock is taken back to the Life Foundation, where Drake wants to vivisect him.

The other symbiote they’ve collected escapes from containment and bonds with Treece, creating a bloodthirsty monster that kills Drake and attempts to kill Ann and her daughter. Brock becomes Venom to fight and ultimately kill Treece. Brock briefly reunites with Ann and their daughter, but realizes he’s no longer human and flees to learn how to control his powers and perhaps use them for the greater good.

Back at the Life Foundation, the symbiote that had bonded to Collins springs awaken and escapes in search of a new host (Carnage).

Attached: Venom.jpg (680x1006, 54K)

>Le title character gets fuck all worth of screentime maymay

its gonna be this generations Fant4stic Four

Attached: 1495825756313.jpg (383x550, 30K)

Why am I imagining Carnage with Scaramouche's voice?

Probably more like the setup for Cletus. Scientist has symbiote, symbiote escapes at the end, finds Cletus in after-credit scene. Venom vs Carnage in sequel.

I read somewhere he's a huge Venom fan himself. It may be a similar situation to Ryan Reynolds in Wolverine Origins, where he knew it was going to be shit but wanted to play the character.

Attached: 275px-Venom_Vol_3_1_Variant.png (275x361, 198K)

Unless they go full on horror thriller it’s never going to fly.
Cautiously optimistic but this ain’t helping.

Good because Carnage is literally 90's OC character that only edgy children think is cool.

Pre-2010 you'd have a point. Modern day Carnage is pure gold and now has more worthwhile comics than Venom.

Doesn't sound that bad.

When did I say that? lol Jesus you suck at conversation

This.

>water is wet

Its not though

If by pure gold you mean pure dogshit.

Except Carnage-Man.

Attached: 89f85adbe08bf1fcc3481d6216b99e12-d8fozcy.jpg (640x640, 192K)

Sounds like modern Sony alright.

You know Venom is going to look like shit without the spider logo. It kind of ties the design together

>all the shots of Venom in the trailer will be his entire screentime.

What shots of venom? We didn't even get that

Because Hollywood is obsessed with origin stories.

>Casting a manlet as Venom

It was doomed from the start.

Attached: 1462876151550.png (335x358, 171K)

He's a big guy

Attached: Are_you_Fucking_Serious.png (598x347, 250K)

At this point I'm convinced Sony is just pissing off fans and Marvel out of spite.

You can't be this out of touch with audiences, can you?

They're not even trying. I wanted a fun Venom movie. At this rate they're going to make Venom into the crappy Ultimate Universe Venom where he doesn't talk and just growls.
I deluded myself into thinking it might be good, and now I have no one to blame but myself for the inevitable disappointment.

Attached: 789456123564.gif (500x377, 738K)

>It's impossible for this to be real but I'm posting it anyway

Nah he's right, Carnage in the right context is great. Carnage as he was used in the 90's is the fucking worst.

he said babe

>It won't be until the very end of the movie that the alien forms a suit around its host but even that will only be for a battle lasting a couple of minutes against the lead villain described as a scientist also infected with an alien symbiote.
That would be fucking awful, I'm actually scared for this movie.

Attached: 1516583970412.jpg (800x748, 45K)

>remember how great venom was in Spider-Man 3?
>great lets do that again

Attached: Avi1.jpg (850x850, 223K)

>Logan isn't "watchable". It's a depressing slog
You fucking whiney baby bitch

If Bendis was ever good for something, it's this.

Attached: USM54-17-18.jpg (1024x806, 332K)

Bendis seems like he would be a Homecoming fan. Disgusting.

Reminder that live action belongs on Sup Forums. Report and hide for a cleaner Sup Forums!

Why do studios want to do Venom so badly if they don't want him to be in the fucking movies?

Gotta have that cinematic universe senpai nothing can just be a nice standalone piece anymore it has to exist purely to get you hyped for the next one so on and so forth.

>"Whaddya mean he can't just be a mook in a suit? Ya tellin' me we greenlit a movie where the main character is CG?"