T'Challa's personality is nothing like in the comics

>T'Challa's personality is nothing like in the comics
>Shuri's personality is nothing like the comics
>Ross' personality is nothing like in the comics
>Man-Ape's personality is nothing like int he comics.
What did Marvel mean by this? Is Marvel ashamed of Black Panther's characters canon personalities?

Attached: Black_Panther_Textless_Character_Poster_01.jpg (350x497, 37K)

>>T'Challa's personality is nothing like in the comics

One thing I've noticed it that adaptations of black Sup Forums related characters always sap them of personality and make them the straight man or super boring. Look at Black Panther, War Machine, Luke Cage, John Stewart. Falcon might be the only one who has some semblance of a personality in these adaptations.

Why is that? Are they afraid of stereotyping them?

Doesn’t matter, RACIST.

We Won. It made a Billion Dollars! More money than Wonder Woman and Deadpool!

Your age is over, Whiteboi,

We are the Kings!

*mic drop*

Nice speech white guy

This but unironically

>T'Challa
>Personality

What works for longform comics storytelling doesn't always work for films.

Attached: 1469486436207.png (657x386, 28K)

>Falcon might be the only one who has some semblance of a personality in these adaptations.
Falcon was the reverse because he's pretty bland in the comics outside of Brubaker's run.

Mackie gave him personality in the MCU.

wait what's t'chili's personality in the comics?

This

This but unironically

ever heard of differents canons,nazi!?

Married to Storm is a personality right?

>Shuri's personality is nothing like the comics
The less Hudlin is adapted, the better

This but ironically

>if its isn't in you face, it means they don't have a personality
Can't stand this meme. T'challa is reserved and calm because he's a king and he needs to have a leveled head if he's to rule fairly. He still has his moments of where he gets emotional like when he's with father, or playful when he's with his sister.
Also how does Shuri fit as a stoic character

>T'Challa's personality is nothing like in the comics

But that's wrong.

Not sure what Shuri's original personality is like but it probably wasn't as good as how she was in the movie, where she was the best character.

Isn't that why they filled the movie with all those supporting characters, because the main one is so boring and bland

People actually like Shuri so that was a probably a good thing and M'Baku was also a breakout character so that was also a good thing too.

You gotta remember these things are not made exclusively for you, they are so regular people can like them

It’s because comics are shit.

*bark at you

>mackie writes for the MCU
that explains the poor quality of the plots

They've done this for literally every character in the MCU.

Compare every character to how they were published at the time in the comics.

Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Freaking STAR LORD

Do you think you're saying anything new here?

except all the characters mentioned are better in the comics than the adaptations

The one time we get an MCU protag that doesn't quip and you guys still wanna complain about it.
I have no idea why you think you deserve anything nice when you're so ungrateful and impossible to please..

I don't know, I think I'd take Mackie Falcon over comics Falcon.

I'd definitely take movie Shuri over comics Shuri. Comics Shuri is shiiiiit.

>Not sure what Shuri's original personality is
She is one of those "always angry" types. I don't think she has smiled more than 5 times since Hudlin created her.

>Hudlin

Ah, I see.

Has Captain America really changed that much? He still seems to do captain america type stuff.

>Kill Monger: Black Lives Matter!
>T'Challa: ALL Lives Matter

It's like pottery

War Machine and John Stewart are as bland as toast

No one would root for the guy who keeps the cure for cancer locked away.

You forgot the most obvious
>Killmonger's personality is nothing like in the comics

Shuri in the movies is ten times better than Shuri in the comics. Shuri in comics is an unlikable bitch at worst or T Challa 2.0 at best. I wouldn’t mind at all if her comic version gets replaced by the MCU version.

Starlord was nowhere as bad as Rocket and fucking Groot.

cucked by Wolverine you mean

Probably Black Panther is a boring c-lister in the comics, at least GotG had some entertaining comics even though they’re D-list

>a movie produced by jews, and organized by white people, and visual effects done by asians is the representation of black people success.

I remember enjoying both books at the same time, more or less. Then again I'm a pleb who enjoyed at least some of Hudlin's run.

yeah you're right about those two

I never gave any kind of fucks about BP, I will say that he was damn cool in Earths Mightiest Heroes though, I fucking miss that cartoon so bad

>Is Marvel ashamed of Black Panther's characters canon personalities?
Are you new to Mousevel films? Of course they are.

>Earths Mightiest Heroes though, I fucking miss that cartoon so bad

EMH had great versions of all the characters they showed. A great waifu Wasp, and a way better portrayal of Luke Cage and Iron Fist than what we got with Netlfix.

The New Avengers episode was great
>Hey gets, in your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, and you all know my sidekick, Wolverine?
Great Spidey

This is kinda par for the course with the MCU, they tend to take a really broad strokes approach to some characters, and revamp others almost completely.

Hell, look what happened to Iron Man. Think about what he was in the comics in 2008- a smug, pompous, authoritarian drunk who was proud to call himself a technocrat. Whether or not you think he was on the right side in Civil War, he was easily one of Marvel's least charismatic A-listers, if you could have even considered him an A-lister back then. The movie had to essentially do a 180 on his established personality to make him even slightly bearable. Even by the time we get to Captain America 3, where MCU!Iron Man took more or less the same stance that his comics counterpart did, he wasn't as abrasive and short-sighted about it.

So yeah, these movies often change things. But the way I look at it is that the MCU is one giant issue of What If...?, those comics that examined alternate universes outside of 616. In many of those alternate universes, personalities and traits were often vastly different, and that was what made them interesting. Same thing applies to the MCU.

Attached: Iron_Man_Mister_Fantastic_and_Yellowjacket_will_dead_with_Captain_America_from_Civil_War_Vol_1_1.jpg (1988x2350, 708K)

>What did Marvel mean by this? Is Marvel ashamed of Black Panther's characters canon personalities?

The people who make these movies never actually read the comics. They just see the cover art, maybe another adaption like a cartoon and base everything on that. Or some weird cliff notes Marvel hands them.

Marvel doesn't give two shits about their comics and the people who enjoy their movies don't either or else they wouldn't enjoy the constant character butchering.

>Why is that? Are they afraid of stereotyping them?

Yup. Any protrayal that could be deemed negative can be turned into "racist" accusations. So if the black guy character is a hot headed, he can't just be one single hot headed guy for the story. Nope, it gets turned to "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING BLACK PEOPLE ARE HOT HEADED!?" Instead of having the creative courage to actually make authentic characters, you get this low-risk, no-effort cardboard cut out of pure goodness for the black protagonist.

All I can say is he is very stoic and chilled out all the time. He's kind overly smug too. Smug and stoic is what I think of T'Challa. I didn't see the movie or civil war so I have no idea how they're portraying him honestly.

Stoic and honorable.

>if you could have even considered him an A-lister back then
Nah, the movies really made him big. And they made him a favor since Marvel wouldn't keep him a total douche so he could get his ass kicked by the real heroes anymore.

>The people who make these movies never actually read the comics.
Not entirely true, which is really weird. Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost were credited as writers in at least Thor 2 and 3.

How was T'Challa so different? Aside from being a little more mopey (his dad just died and he is now taking over his country), and not being as short tempered (likely has to do with being a bit more mopey).

I like Comic Tony. Can't really stand movie Iron man. He's in everything. Is that really necessary.

W H A T A R E T H O S E

>Sup Forums humiliating itself and then trying this hard to do damage control

How sad.

>Black Panther has made black incestuous yaoi a thing

How does this make you feel Sup Forums?

Attached: 1521530137392.jpg (1771x5000, 2.67M)

Definitely not something that crossed my mind reading the comics like, 10 years ago.

That's all we wanted. For these white majority people to listen and give minorities a visible respectful representation in their shows and movies notoriously known to cater white people only for decades. Give us something worth spending and the taxes go to the government that serves all it's citizens

is the nigger king a good movie?

>incestuous

barely

>IT'S A CONSPIRACY

Attached: 1456111785492.jpg (350x347, 40K)

Bad because it was supposed to produce more black girl fanarts.

> T'Challa
Black Panther. You're only fooling yourself calling a superhero by anything other than their superhero name

Because the movies are origin stories and the multiple events that have made comic T'Challa the xenophobic dickhead we know today have yet to happen.

Slavery

War Machine issue 1 literally starts out with him wishing he could be tony stark.

that's not very heroic. tony stark isn't that great a person

Not even a little surprised.

Attached: 1521487346363.jpg (1996x1816, 263K)

Imagine being such a flop

Attached: black panther.jpg (1100x758, 154K)

Because T'Challa's personality in the comics is nothing like the comics.

Seriously though, given decades of different writers all taking Black Panther in different (and in some cases really awful) directions, it's not really surprising that they didn't even bother trying to sort that shit out and just went with what worked for the movie.

It's great

Attached: 1521179848016.jpg (744x1024, 104K)

I'm legitimately surprised desu. I thought for sure that what little art there would be for the movie would be of Bucky or the Sherlock faggot. I'm glad my cynicism was proven wrong.

Attached: 1521210539869.jpg (1500x2000, 394K)

Oh yeah the westaboo following creating so much fanart is a big surprise, I'm just not surprised the ship exists.

Attached: okoye has had enough of this incest bullshit.png (1407x1929, 1.92M)

Would making every black character in film a kawaii nekoboy be the key to stopping Asia's long held racism?

Attached: tumblr_o72nfuQUPm1s7u17qo1_1280.jpg (1024x1024, 42K)

Attached: badguygoodguy.png (857x1144, 842K)

That's a good post.

Killmonger did literally nothing wrong.

He refused T'Challa's right to challenge for the throne.

except for the arbitrary killing of his GF and Klaue. lazy writing because they had to make him a villain. if he was presented as a good guy, it would be too subversive. the mouse makes money with propaganda. it's literally a corporation that prides itself on fantasy, even if it means outright lies

t'challa had lost already

He did not yield, and he did not die.

That's just being smart.

So bloody worldwide revolution is a good guy thing now, huh? Gotta kill whitey, as heroes do. And kill everyone else as well, since he explicitly said just that in the movie. Only black men of African descent who support worldwide killing sprees and martial law matter, everyone else is a walking corpse. The Killmonger way, what a great guy.

No, you fucking idiot, he was all for killing abusers and oppressors, not just "whiteys". He doesn't discriminate with killing.

Except that he said he considered governments all around the world to be """"""abusers and oppressors"""""". He was wrong because he declared murder to be the answer to everyone's problems. All he was going to do was make the oppressed into the oppressors and murderers, and of course kill anyone who didn't agree with this insanity.

Tumblr actually hates Martin Freeman so I'm not surprised by that but I am a little pleased that M'Baku and T'Challa is a thing.

Why? Did he saying something anti-sjw?

Different user, but I think he said some tasteless shit about Lucy Liu and her role in Elementary as Watson.

I'm not talking about tumblr though, I'm talking about westaboos on twitter. Westaboos love Freeman/Sherlock, but thankfully he isn't hogging all the fanart.

Attached: IMG_20180319_101903.jpg (923x703, 58K)

>implying there's anything wrong with that

>why did marvel change some things to make another successful film
This is why you retards don't work in Hollywood

This guy gets it. Sup Forums got btfo something fierce after months of saying it would flop

How will Sup Forums ever recover?

blade is better

Attached: 1518334754589.jpg (1200x489, 90K)

I like both

Blade was a shit movie, get over it, just because you have a hateboner for disney, the fans excited at seeing wakanda on the big screen and think a black majority cast is a white holocaust. Black panther is a much better movie.

Blade was a rated R film dripping with 90's cheese and bad 90's CGI, it was fun, but it was far from perfect
>some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill

If they were to bring back Blade into the MCU in BP2 that would be kino as fuck.

>- From Blade

MCU Shuri and M’Baku are superior

T’Challa is kind to hard to say. Which version are we talking? Movie looks like they were going off the Priest version.

You can say that about literally any comic adaption. Actors are never the same as the comic book versions.