I miss Scott Pilgrim

I miss Scott Pilgrim

What do you like about it?

Attached: aed3c43f-b875-4076-888c-13db46dda96e.jpg (1280x570, 365K)

I really like the fight with the Nega Scott
And the “Scott Earned the Power of Love/Understanding!” Scenes

one of the few non-nip comics with good panel flow

dc/marvel faggots would've made pic related one entire panel

Attached: RCO028.jpg (1200x800, 346K)

The waifus

Scott Pilgrim's Anus vs My Throbbing Erection

The movie was shit.

It was a good read, but seeing it's effect artwise on the current generation of cartoons is a bit surreal

>
Solid slacker vibe and realistic dialogue

Kim Pine's hairy musky pits vs. My hungering nose

Fuck you my dude, the movie was a masterpiece of direction, cramming tons of plot and joke into every single second. It's probably the only movie I know where there's not a single wasted second.

Lisa

Nothing

I like that it's over. Manchild wish fulfillment at its finest.

Attached: le happy dobson.png (906x745, 79K)

It's overhyped

>Dobson pic
You can do better than that user...

Attached: 3d9.jpg (224x217, 6K)

ah yes ... a comic with good flow. i can never get into a marvel/dc comic if it doesnt even have a flow , how poeple even read a marvel/dc comic if the flow is trash ?

t. soyboy

I saw the movie first, loved it. Then I read the comic years later. The movie is still great, but Ramona was way more interesting in the comic.

Still, the game is my favorite Scott Pilgrim thing.

Attached: scott.jpg (900x485, 76K)

They nailed most of the characters. Julie and Envy were best girls.

Yeah, the comic just had more time to flesh things out. Overall the movie did a good job translating the characters.

scott pilgrim was amazing movie/graphic novels. wished they made a legit show on adult swim. it was before the sjw bs

A full Scott Pilgrim cartoon series would be awesome. Either a retelling of the comic or just slice of life would be fine.

I wish Julie was my gf...

Attached: Julie.jpg (382x845, 108K)

>before the sjw bs

Bryan o malley is the biggest sjw there is, you do know he wanted to make Scott a pajeet to self insert himself right?

>pajeet
He's half Korean

same thing

cartoons for a community like this get old real fast and nobody watches it again after the fashion and the trend were gone. and Sup Forums talks mainly only about those cartoons.

whats your point?

Kys

Sup Forums is casual af and just for sns/news/drama addicts who talk only about the latest internet fashion or endless capeshit catering to old fanboyism or sjws as fashion

can you tell me some better cartoon/american comic forums? to be honest im pretty much a new at them, wanted to know more about them especially indies/underground/cult ones but after reading this board for a while i realised this is nowhere near that

You want her to make you hate yourself so much that you turn gay?

I honestly just really love the characters. Scott Pilgrim hits that sweet spot between cool characters, simplistic design, and fun fights that I'd attribute more to manga. It's definitely got that sorta vibe to it.
Scott pilgrim reminds me a lot of something like FLCL. As if the creator just said "fuck it, I'm just gonna throw everything I find super cool in a blender and then weave a story around that"

Attached: 1409773843354.jpg (1680x1050, 426K)

Is there really an issue with a creator making the main character of their story the same racial background as themselves? I mean, I can't really see much of an issue with that.

My favorite thing is that O'Malley denies Julie Powers was in love with Scott even though when you read it it's obvious Julie was in love with Scott.

where are niggas and brown people

anyway comics/cartoons like this will never come out or even if it did it would be roasted or ignored

Every time I read it I get a little more upset that kim wasn't end game

>No argument

Attached: 1501834451692.jpg (858x515, 112K)

>He thinks other forums from any other country are different
Holy shit look at this fucking newfag here

Attached: 8c3.jpg (640x496, 120K)

only hipsters love it

im a newfag on this board and made it clear. why are you overreacting.

>He made a judgement on a entire forum despite being new
Too used to reddit are you?

Think about this...
Would you actually want a best girl like Kim to end up with a guy like SCOTT?
She deserves better. Can't say the same for Ramona.

im not new on Sup Forums, used to post on Sup Forums and Sup Forums. this board sucks and is casual af compared to Sup Forums
Sup Forums is a racist chaotic cesspool but they at least know very niche/cult/old games or even such anime//manga, and actually make threads about it where people actually have a talk.

meanwhile on this shit board, none of you even covers legit indie titles that seem to have a good story line and character development, and therere actually no threads about it. all you are talking about is shitty unfinishable capeshit for fanboys or stupid looking webcomics/cartoons with eccentric tumblr art.

looks like reddit actually has better subs as far as euro comics go

>american website focuses on the american comic industry
What a fucking shocker. Go to fucking reddit then or do some actual reading of the things you actually wish to indulge in and start threads afterwards if you want less capeshit on the board. Be the change you want to be instead of whining unto the darkness that nobody will indulge your interests for you.

Attached: 50E4B3AB-9D87-4260-8A6A-7E2F2A9FCB17.jpg (255x255, 24K)

>Boo hoo hoo
>Why can't this board talk about things that I like
>Boo hoo hoo

Attached: 17RLk48.jpg (321x268, 13K)

Well you see, doing this means you're a pandering sjw. Unless you're a straight white male of course. Then that's just logic and so on and so forth.

I think I have a solution to your problems m8.
Make your own fucking threads about it

Attached: 1497420208880.jpg (499x338, 33K)

go back to Tumblr

stay mad bro

Attached: willie ruined 4chan.gif (226x169, 1.98M)

It was like a shitty webcomic, but a printed comic instead. It was really bad.

Nothing about that flowed well. I re-read it several times just to figure out what the fuck was going on.

jesus christ

8/co/ is a lot better for that. It's extremely slow, and the people on it are as cynical as it gets (as in lesser shitposting), but you find some rare stuff in there, and only recently after the half influx would you find mainstream cartoons like SU and star vs on it.

>im a newfag
Words that should never be uttered by anyone

Attached: c8a.jpg (200x200, 21K)

Agreed. They made Ramona my dream woman, too.

I dislike how the villains just went away and didn't become reluctant allies like in dragonball

I don't see the problem with being new to a board as a cross boarder. If you're willing to trash others because they accept that label then you just sound like a newfag who has zero idea of the culture and reasoning behind it

I liked that my hatred of Scott was justified because he really was just a massive piece of shit.

Yeah, it kinda would've been cool to see the villains having a character growth that mirrored Scott's going on off screen, so that by the time Gideon is murdering Scott in the Chaos Theatre, even the evil exes are like "wow, this guy IS a dick"

The author did say that two things happened when they were defeated. 1.) They just end up back home and have a realization and respect for Scott so they won't go after him anymore, 2.) They will not go after him anymore because airfare from the U.S. to Canada is expensive.

wrong

By admitting your a newfag, you invalidated any point you have made generalizing the board. Honestly are you that stupid? Other than that, bashing on newfags has been an established practice on every board on Sup Forums don't act like your some special exception just cause you came from some other board

Attached: 04d.jpg (272x285, 11K)

Just to be clear, I wasn't the guy you were talking to, completely new guy (inb4 newfag lolol) in the conversation. I'm not sure if you're new to this whole 'anonymous' schtick, you know, I can empathize.
He hasn't admit to being a newfag himself, he was just taking that label on like a man. Because he wasn't insecure about it, he knows he's not one, not any more than you're making yourself out to be. You aren't bashing newfags, you're labelling some rando as one and bashing him like you'd a strawman. He's not a special exception, people visit other boards all the time. Not everyone is chained down to a single board or chan, despite what you may have been memed into believing.

I still don't get what the "meaning" was. The movie was about Scott learning not to use other people the way Ramona used him, and therefore is better with the original ending where he ends up with Knives. What's the comic about?

Mostly it's about Scott coming to terms with the kind of person he is. And him finally having a relationship that makes him wanna better himself. Instead of ignoring his demons and acting like nothing is wrong, he has to fully take on that he's not only flawed, but pretty shitty as a person before he can move past it, and he slowly ends up doing that because of how much he wants to be a good person for Ramona.

I never really liked the "Knives" ending because what Stephen Stills said is right. Scott was dating Knives cuz it was easy. He was just going through the motions and as soon as something better came along he didn't even hesitate to drop her like a hot potato. I love the movie but it doesn't really delve on how fucked that whole thing was.

It's mainly about acknowledging the bad parts of your personality and working to overcome them so you can truly become a good person. Scott (and to a lesser extent, Ramona), spend most of the second half coming to terms with their shitty behavior, in the hopes of becoming people who are worthy of love and self-respect.

Attached: you can trust her.png (445x358, 132K)

I like Knives.

how it portrayed relationships in a realistic way and how scott was an asshole who learned to own up to his mistakes
Sup Forums hates it because it was popular with hipsters for a while, but it's genuinely good

>I miss Scott Pilgrim
At least he told his story and it didnt got stale.

>What do you like about it?
I liked the quickness and expression of strangeness.

Indeed, even if it made the tumblr art mainstream, back than i didnt expect that something like tumblr try to emulate and fail at a Pilgrim like series.