Can anything comics related compare to this moment? It took 21 years to unpotatoe her

Can anything comics related compare to this moment? It took 21 years to unpotatoe her

Attached: m0052_9GS6O3i0ea0.jpg (741x1080, 327K)

Still looks pretty shitty

wasnt her mind shut off because of rape and loss ptsd ? I never quite understood how magic was supposed to make it better

it's magic

Shierke and Farnese go into her mind and put the pieces of her fractured psyche back together, it's real simple user, how do you not understand that?

but that's not how anything works
I guess I'm thinking about this too much but I can't get into this, magic reversing character development makes me angry

Cullen Bunn deadpool, because Is shitty as modern berseek

>character development
it's not character development though. She just went insane

If it's not explicitly stated by be some kind of magical curse that makes her retarded then it's character development, since it's her character changing as a reaction to an outside stimuli.

Surprised it took so long. Shierke was capable of hopping into Guts' deepest consciousness and repairing his ego back in the Forest of the Spirit tree. The main goal of taking Casca to Puck's homeland wasn't even for magic psychotherapy anyway, it was just to find somewhere else where the branded wouldn't be haunted to death. That was the primary reason, Guts is just being greedy and wanting his feisty chocolate girlfriend back.

Attached: 2062220-sroof.jpg (500x803, 87K)

How is her becoming a literal retard character development? How is her being healed not development for Guts?

>but that's not how anything works
Because you said so? Fuck off with your make believe rules lawyering. This had precedent way the fuck back in the early volumes with incubi and one eye invading Guts' dreams.
>"reversing" character development
>Character development ends when I say it does, at least when I disagree with the direction
Get a load of this faggot.

>but that's not how anything works
Really user, why don't you tell us how things actually work in a story where magic is real and the physical and spiritual worlds overlap and have merged together

The ending of Cerebus, but the opposite feeling.

I don't like it so it's not allowed to be that way. If I were alive when Schierke did it with Guts, or when Ubik did it to convince Griffith I'd have complained about magically entering people's deepest thoughts to bring them around those times, too. But I'm here now and this is where we draw the line!

Attached: 1496887236575.png (311x296, 18K)

She put a regressive persona up as a shield between her and reality, pretty run off the mill. Could have been solved by just having her be able to trust people and herself again, but nope, gotta use fairy magic to make sure all of this was completely pointless.
As I said, if it's not said to be magical, then it's not magical, so all that bullshit doesn't explain it at all. Just plain ol' ptsd, the kind we actually know how to work around.
This has no precedent because you're comparing apples and oranges. Guts' never subconsciously shut himself off from reality, which is what Caska did, and is what fairy magic is supposed to cure.

I used to actually like Berserkfags but you fucks just keep continually proving to me that you're all fucking intolerable.

I've been reading this manga for longer than you've been alive, and I probably dropped it before you even heard of it.
And no, the Schierke thing is not comparable at all because the berzerk armor is literally magic and akin to demonic possession. Whatever happened to Caska was never stated to be comparable.

>it's not magical
So the magic brand, that was applied in a magic spirit realm by magical beings, to mark a person as a sacrifice for a magical ritual, that is magically tied to a persons very soul and magically causes the branded person physical and mental anguish when one of these evil magical beings is nearby is not magical to you

Attached: 1512277819885.png (352x322, 76K)

>yet ANOTHER anime stealth thread

So it's different and doesn't work that way this time because you say so, even though dream shit and inner selves have featured prominently in the story prior to this. And you base it on absolutely nothing but your own preference. So damn ridiculous.

You're confusing the cause and effect, it's a common thing among retarded people.

The return of Niles Caulder after decades of supposed death was far more meaningful, scrub

I will restate : if the manga has some made up rules about this situation, it is free to stat them and I will accept them. It did no such thing. As a consequence, as a reader, I assume that a situation that is similar to something I am familiar with, is indeed the same thing. Just like I can assume Shierke doesn't have a massive horsecock even tho I can't say for sure in this world little girls don't because I've never seen anything but her bare ass.

>gets called on how fucking stupid his argument is
>n-no u
Classic Sup Forums, all that was missing was you accusing me of not reading enough Berserk or accusing me of being a disney shill
Why does every debate on this board almost immediately devolve to one of those three outcomes

You have to go b/a/ck
There's literally a Berserk thread going on

Because you're a fucking idiot that invites ridicule and scorn

Nigger I am struggling to believe you actually have read Berserk if you just call it a "regressive persona". A regressive persona returns one to a childlike state, Casca is an adult retard, so retarded she is incapable of speech and recognizing danger, she is on the level of an infant except she has the physical capabilities of an adult, this is not regression. Also if you think that being raped by a demon god who happens to be your onetis you've been pining for forever while all your friends and comrades are being devoured by demons "run of the mill", you probably should kill yourself.

Okay speed reader, let me explain this to you. In this setting, it does work that way. In addition to the other examples I gave, there is the fact that prolonged exposure to the interstice affects powerful emotions, giving them the properties of magical phenomena. Case en point, Guts' negative emotions became somewhat independent and formed something like a split persona. This happened well before he obtained the Berserker's armor, as demonstrated between Lost Children and the start of Conviction. This major event, combined with the other precedents I mentioned, further buttressed by Skull Knight's declaration means that Casca's shattered mind being affected and repaired magic should be obvious. Not to mention the fact that the empathic power of elves has been a thing since the very first chapter.

If you really have been reading this since before the 80s, congrats on your clairvoyance but it clearly hasn't helped your reading comprehension. Now will you stop trying to make up rules for a setting you don't control and clearly don't really care about?

>trying to double down after getting btfo
Try to at least lose an argument with some dignity user

Attached: 1519406893735.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

How is he an idiot for calling your retarded ass out on being retarded? There is literally nothing wrong with magic fixing a problem in a magical setting, especially when it's not just handwaved bullshit, this has been an ongoing process for two decades. Even if you were right about magic not inducing her retardation (which you aren't, obviously demonic rapes, especially those involving the godhand are going to induce symptoms like this shit) there would be nothing wrong with it. Are you also assmad about Guts' emotions getting controlled to keep him from killing himself in ragemode?

1) How much time would it take WITHOUT ANY HIATUS BECAUSE YOU KNOW... It's not like it's their fucking work to release something monthly or something!

2) This is fucking a material, go there!

COMICS & CARTOONS

It wasn't character development for her. It was her character being removed as an avenue for character development for Guts, and now that she is back she is going through actual character development.

It's not like a wand was waved and everything from the past was erased. There was a long and arduous journey to bring her back. Both through earth and her psyche.

Sadly those fuckheads are even shittier at Berserk plot discussion than Sup Forums, /tg/, and even Sup Forums. Its amazing really. Won't stop this thread from being deleted though. Probably soon.

Dude they essentially went into her mind with magic to help her sort out her problems and get her shit back together. You should read it.

Its only been set up for like 18 years, user.

You have to go b/a/ck

It's almost exactly the same. Both of them have gained an alter-ego, and they go into a dissociative fugue under times of extreme stress, and they both require someone magically entering their mind to bring them back.

How the parallels are lost on you is a real mystery.

>those fuckheads are even shittier at Berserk plot discussion
It's because it's not "comfy" slice of life more shit and doesn't have a bland protagonist they can easily self insert as like Fate shit

>she didn't literally physically transform into a child so she's not in a childlike state

Please stop man. You're shitting up what could be a decent thread.

If nothing else I appreciate this thread for letting me know a new chapter is out.

She is not, a childlike state implies she behaves like a child, which she doesn't, she behaves like an infant with the full mobility of an adult, aka a retarded adult. A childlike state would have her talking, playing, being annoying and inquisitive. She would be friends with Isidro likely, she would be able to fight with them, she would have a degree of independence, she wouldn't be retarded. Are you saying children are nonfunctional retards?

>It took 21 years to unpotatoe her

It would have been 5 if it had any sort of schedule

Miura likes Idolmaster user

we have to accept that

Are you trying to provide him with an easy semantic argument he can actually defend so he can save face a little after being spectacularly wrong about how things work in this setting? That's really sweet user.

Why should someone in Muira's situation stick to the brutal schedule most Mangaka's do? Should he have been a bit more timely? Sure, but he definitely was doing the hellish work most mangaka are for a period of his career likely several years, I get why he stopped. Not everyone is Dave Sim.

Guess so, I'm trying to shut down all avenues of bullshit he has but he could argue about this forever so I probably should just stop

Fuck you for being right. It's been steady for the past several months, but I feel like it's only a matter of time before another indefinite hiatus lasting 6 to 8 months if we're lucky.

He also likes lolixbara ecchi piss stories. Not that Gigantomakhia was bad, but I crave Berserk.

>raped into insanity so she's a fucking useless potato for two decades
>"development"

>at the end of a fucking long ass quest, they use the Queen of all faeries to delve into her mind, battle demons, re-live the nightmares of the eclipse, and piece together her broken psyche so she can function as a human being
>not 5 seconds after her revival it's established that she's still clearly traumatized and the retardation was just a defense mechanism to avoid the reality
>"lmao they just magic'd her better"

nice shitpost user

I ain't had a chance to read it, so Casca is still skittish? Is she gonna stay on Skellig like the original plan? I had a theory she was gonna run off with Morda to avenge herself against Griffith once she heard about what's been happening. I know Morda is gonna fuck things up somehow one way or another. She wasn't introduced that way for no reason.

Holy fuck, this art regression. What a joke.

Speaking of art changes, I was really weirded out by how old Guts looked in the Spring Day flashback. The one with the flower fairy. That was supposed to be before joined the Band of the Hawk, and he looked very late teens at best. Way older than he did in volume 3 or 4.