It triggers my autism that they didnt change suit colors when they changed lions

It triggers my autism that they didnt change suit colors when they changed lions

Attached: 500px-Voltron_-_Legendary_Defender_logo.svg.png (500x204, 40K)

Yeah, but wasn't that a conceit to the old show?

I think one of the creators said that the lions and the uniforms would have to be horribly mismatched by the end of the show or she wouldn't be doing her job right.

I'm frankly still mad they played musical lions at all. I might tune back in if I hear about a certain something happening but otherwise my interest has bottomed out. Which is sad, because I was really looking forward to Lotor in the early seasons. But then again, everything I've heard about Zarkon and Haggar has only deepened my indifference. Oh well. I'll always having my Pidge art at least.

It does mine too, but MUH NOSTALGIA from the creators won out.
Season five vastly improves on season four for me. What don't you like about Zarkon and Haggar?

I'm glad of it OP. It's hilarious that so many people get upset over this.
>dropped the show because of an event everyone saw coming, because it's a reboot
Every time.

I stopped paying attention a while back because the show seemed to lose focus. Are they sticking with the original pilot lineup or are they still waffling over it?

Keith fucked off to do BoM stuff so Shiro is in Black, Lance is piloting Red and Allura is in Blue.

Yup
Though I'm more triggered by the fact that the new lions don't fit the characters personalities
Keith is the worst fit for black, and Allura matches red and black much more than blue

Also, giving Coran a lion when?

It triggers me that's it's just not very good.

I'm glad Shiro is back in Black now but it annoyed the the fuck out of me that they went through all the musical lions bullshit and having everyone get accustomed to the new setup just to have Keith fuck off pretty much immediately. It felt very unplanned, like they didn't know where they were trying to go with the characters.

gotta disagree, they knew exactly what they were doing. we got a taste of Keith in the leadership role to show us he had potential but still wasn't ready, now that he's found his mom and gotten more experience he will eventually be able to fit back into the team once Shiro's stuff goes down.
Shiro forcing Keith into the role despite his abilities and wishes is also one of the first real big indicators that he's losing it and making bad decisions.

The worst thing about the show, apart from the fucking shippers, is the music. It's so bland. It almost sounds like they muted it themselves because they knew it wasn't adding anything.

Design is great. Characters are good. Story is OK. Music is shiiiiiiiiiit...

>Allura
>fit for the Lancer position
Fucking kek, she's completely unsuited for the role, her backup leadership capabilities don't compliment Shiro OR Keith's. You may as well go Full Sue and stick her in Black if you want to shoehorn her character that hard.
The support lion is where she belongs.

>we got a taste of Keith in the leadership role to show us he had potential but still wasn't ready
Lance showed more potential for being a leader than Keith did while Keith was in black. I know they're going for the nostalgia setup up, but VLD keith is completely unsuited for black. Leaving the team was the best thing that could've happened, and I'm honestly wishing he stays gone
>Allura matches red
>Speedy aggressive right hand role
>Allura
u wot m8

it's hilarious how Allurafags can't stand their stronk melanin kween taking a support/backseat role in any aspect, she's the last princess of her race with magical feels and alchemy magic ~just because~ but she ALSO has to be in a major leadership role in Voltron itself. they would be as bad as black paladin Lancefags if they were near as numerous.

yeah but that's because Lance is a little further along stepping into his role, it's his job to be there as a check on the team leader when they fuck up. Keith had just fallen behind the rest of the team, which is why he fucked off to get his shit in order. the way they have handled the character writing this last season makes me think they have the ability to turn Keith around once he gets focus again.

>people actually want Allura in Red or Black

She's already capable of fighting alongside seasoned Galra warriors much older than her, she can beat a 10,000 year old sorceress without even knowing how she did, she pilots Blue, and now she's le chosen one master alchemist because she cried on a rock.

Shove her into Red or Black, and the rest of the team might as well not even fucking exist.

Attached: tumblr_oj8hbymncv1vwowxbo4_540.png (530x366, 91K)

Just another reason the real Allura is the obviously superior version.

Attached: allura_laughing.jpg (500x480, 50K)

Oldfags are the worst. Your show was even more garbage than this one.

She may have been a damsel, but it was the 80's and she was a product of a Nip show. The fact that she even got to pilot was remarkable by Nip standards. Plus we actually saw her fuck up and train and try. She wasn't just given power ups because the plot dictated it.

It was a goofy episodic monster-of-the-week mecha show and didn't try to be anything more, and it worked out great.

I am seriously hoping the culmination of Lotor's keikaku is a severe shake up for the character, if it actually causes her to tumble off her pedestal and do some serious introspection I will apologize to the writers personally by sucking Lauren's dick, but I just get the sinking feeling that all her sue shit is being played completely straight. I still can't get over her opening the j/o crystal with her tears, jesus christ

Attached: 1520234159319.png (1280x714, 798K)

I thought she was a great character. Not really that nuanced but as a ruler she was genuinely concerned with the welfare of her people and often set aside time to do princess shit and not just wacky adventure shit. She was capable without being hyper-competent.

If Lotor goes full on betrayal cunt mode and Allura is devastated by this, because she's a retarded teenager, I'll forgive the writers somewhat.

I just kinda don't care for Allura and Lotor, but hopefully at least the inevitable betrayal will be sweet.

I want her deux ex machina magic to start going out of control and fucking things up because she's never actually trained it and has just been getting lucky, but no way is that happening.

Allura is hyper competent because they took all the typical The Girl traits, (starts off shitty, has to work harder than everyone, is a vain bimbo, gets kidnapped all the time) and gave them to Lance instead.

Attached: 8927345789.png (1419x800, 1.16M)

Multiple characters get no consequences for the things they do or proper flaws treated as flaws. I see people whine all over Allura while praising Pidge when nothing bad Pidge does has any consequences ever and no growth occurs.

Sup Forums at least hates Pidge too, but holds the strongest hateboner for Allura

>Realize this is what all the complainers in here want from Allura
Should have guessed.

I've been thinking about what bothers my about Shiro's continued presence in just about every major event in the show, and I've realized that what really bothers me is that he still doesn't get much personal development, moreso the plot threads that have to do with him are things happening TO him rather than things being learned ABOUT him. It's like the old trope of having a woman who is written just to suffer for MC's manpain, but Shiro is still technically supposed to be the leader, so I'd expect a little more.

I guess you could argue against that with the clone/sleeper agent plot, but still that's ultimately more about Haggar and Lotor (and to some extent about Keith if this is what culminates in him coming back to lead Voltron) and doesn't really tell us anything about Shiro as a person. The Garrison trio doesn't get much in the way of plot but they still have plenty of character and are fun to watch.

tl;dr I regret becoming a Shirofag but it's too late to change, all I can hope for is more personality from him

Attached: 1520991666167.jpg (548x684, 35K)

OG Allura needs to get black'd by VLD Allura's shapeshifted megaclit.

>someone who isn't a mary sue with infinite plot magic powers that always wins and also isn't a cunt

I think a lot of people would enjoy that.

Yeah, that'd be nice. I wanna see her fuck up more often. But like you said, not happening.

Shiro exists to be replaced. His unplanned continued presence is a mercy given to Shirofags

>Allura is a cunt
I'm sure there's some reason you've fabricated in your mind to think that.

>Lotor is for sure an evil shit fucking with retarded Allura and you're stupid to think otherwise
>Allura is a perfect mary sue with no flaws
Which is it? I see both insisted upon in here.

>mfw the alchemist plotline is one big lead up to Lotor using her to finally pull off his ultimate keikaku and she completely falls for it
Don't lose hope anons

Attached: HappyAku.jpg (1920x1080, 127K)

Don't lose hope for the most boring and predictable plotline to come true? You all aren't very imaginative. As long as Allura gets knocked down a peg amirite?

And his ultimate keikaku ultimately fails too.

No shit? The antagonist isn't going to win in this show.

But Allura's Mary Sue powers won't allow her to fail, which is why he's getting her to do it for him. It's a foolproof plan!

There's plenty they could do with his plotline for his own characterization if they gave a shit about anyone other than Lance's personal development. But everyone's clone pet theory where Shiro has been gone for seasons and every minute of his presence past season 2 means nothing is the worst possible one for the narrative in every single direction and nobody seems to care.

Attached: tumblr_oozrvhlgvR1wnd8zwo2_1280.jpg (888x887, 91K)

Truly a keikaku master.

Attached: 1504476968014.png (1280x721, 682K)

Why are Allurafags like this? Do they just self insert on her because of the dark skin and then chimp out at the mere thought of her fucking up because muh stronk poc?

>Allurafag
I barely even care about her but you all are incredibly annoying. And I still think that's the most boring and predictable plotline the show could take from here.

Yep. Especially on Tumblr and Twitter. On Sup Forums it's classic contrarianism.

>Lotor: You may kill me now. But the Paladins are long gone by now and I've taken steps to ensure that they're guaranteed to finish you off for m-
>the Paladins put themselves in a position where Zarkon can kill them
>Lotor: Do I have to do everything myself?!

S5 is the first time any of the setup for Shiro's arc has shown payoff and the most interesting the character has been outside of fanservice, clone theory being true or not. Crying that all of that "doesn't count" is just owning yourself via autism.

>if they gave a shit about anyone other than Lance's personal development.
>Gave a whole fucking season to Keith's autism
>Sidetracks the show's actual plot to do Pidge's MUH FAMILY shit
>Draws the ire of half the fandom elevating Allura to Mary-Suedom
>Finally start to focus on Lance in season fucking 5
>"They don't care about anyone but Lance!"

Attached: ScrewYouGuys.jpg (236x189, 16K)

The point is it doesn't count if that character isn't Shiro at all in any way, shape, or form. Which is what the clone theorists think. It's "Kuron" and Shiro is in a vat somewhere unaware of everything.

Yes, that's what I said. All anyone does is invalidate every single other thing you listed out and say Lance is the most developed character. Can't have your cake and eat it too. I can't believe you'd even put Pidge's "muh family" up there when it amounts to no growth for her at all. Screentime does not equal personal development.

Clone theorists have long since moved onto believing Shiro's dead since all that astral voltron shit

It triggers my autism how people get annoyed so easily at small, irrelevant things like the mismatched colors of suits. Do you wear clothes of the same color as your car?

>i-it's boring and predictable that the sue might have a flaw
Such salt over the perfect princess getting rused for once.

You don't see how that's irritating when they all started out matching the lions perfectly with the color-coding?

All of Pidge's growth happens in single episodes. The whole reason she didn't fuck off completely in season one was due to her learning to be less selfish. Then there was the nature lion shit that taught her to be more open minded.

He clearly still has Shiro's memories and personality regardless.
Yeah I like the idea of Kuron/astral Shiro being a body and soul split now 2bh

It's not about her having flaws. That plot is the most predictable and you know it. If I had my way, they would have pushed Allura's Galracism further or had her be more of a cunt to the team over her frustration at not being able to inherit things and do them just like her father like with the Red Lion. The Lotor keikaku just rusing her until she cries over it is dull as dirt for both characters involved.

I like Lance being doused in a faggy lavender during all the cockpit scenes

And all that totally shows in season 5, huh? Oh wait, she reverts to all the selfish shit she used to do and gets no kind of consequence for it.

If I pilot a robot that's exactly what I'd do.

>Why should a...a HUMAN from NOWHERE be able to do what an Altean born of King Alfor cannot? This is my birthright!
It could have been so good and understandable even in how douchey it is. But the fandom would have crucified her over being mean to Lance or some shit.

no doubt 80s Allura was the best

She waited 5 seasons to deal with her shit. How was she supposed to react? "Oh so they have my dad hostage but let's side with this clearly manipulative son of a bitch and save his skin instead"

I don't care how predictable it is as long as it's executed well, if you are watching children's cartoons for unpredictable ground-breaking plot swerves you're just a fucking retard honestly.

Change goalposts all you want. I can tell this argument is going nowhere so have fun with your Allura anger.

Why should the character suffer consequences for being RIGHT? Lotor is using the fuck out of them and acting like he's their super valuable ally is going to bite them all in the ass.

She's always mean to Lance. She's actively repulsed by him. She only just started warming up to him since her daddy complex kicked in after seeing his sword. Keith is the fan pet anyways.

Ponting out how stupid your reasoning is in the first place isn't shifting goalposts, but stay mad Suefag. Sorry the narrative might stop sucking Allura's dick for half an episode.

Because she screeches like a shrew and it hurts my ears

Like she had any sort of personal growth around her family issues at all. But wait, she didn't.

My mistake, she was totally right to screech that she get her way when it was obvious as fuck that Zarkon wasn't going to do a fair trade and they'd get screwed over doubly. Which is exactly what happened and it would have turned out horrible if not for Lotor and Shiro.

>Like she had any sort of personal growth around her family issues at all. But wait, she didn't.
The growth was "I won't fuck off like a bitch and do my own thing while you guys are trying to save the galaxy", and she didn't for five seasons.

>she was totally right to screech that she get her way when it was obvious as fuck that Zarkon wasn't going to do a fair trade and they'd get screwed over doubly.
It's literally her father's life on the line. It's the one thing she's agreed to sit patiently and not spaz out over and now it's right there and they're entertaining the idea that they should just ignore the opportunity. Of course she's going to start screeching. They had a deal.

and then we learned that those are actually pretty good traits if you combine them with an inferiority complex

ffs tone your autism down a tad will ya?

I get you hate the character and the writing. But you don't need to act like the producers killed your parents.

Pretty good traits for turning the character into the fandom's favorite fucktoy

Attached: Shance.jpg (1280x1629, 214K)

Why does Shiro's ass get bigger with each season?

I'll just assume you misquoted since that makes no goddamn sense

>hairy Shiro

Why would you do that. One of the best things about Nips is that they don't have much body hair

It's just to make Lance look more like a fuccboi

At least I'm not alone thinking this. I feel ya, bro shirofag.

I would choose the color that suits me best to look great in those "Join the Coalition" posters.
While Keith looks gorgeous in red, it doesn't suits Lance skin tones.

Why is Shance so much more interesting than the other ships?

Attached: tumblr_inline_p5sqliRb791syb7to_500.png (500x518, 106K)

They weren't going to ignore the opportunity, they were just realizing that what she wanted to do was stupid because Zarkon was going to fuck them over. And he did.

It isn't at all.

but they were taking advantage of the fact that they knew Zarkon wasn't going to do a fair trade, it was a huge opportunity to take him down and it worked. all this shit boils down to is that her tone is bitchy, which is appropriate because she's an immature brat and those negative traits keep her from being another Allura.
I see anons in these threads bitch about Pidge not being punished for wanting to leave the team when she didn't even go through with it; in fact it was KEITH who ends up abandoning the team, after bitching out Pidge for wanting to do the same thing no less. Pidge makes the correct choice to stay and continues to track down information about her family, while Keith fucks off to LARP with the space ninjas and has Krolia dropped into his lap despite never putting in any effort to find her himself. but you don't see anyone complaining that Keith needs to be punished for this, kek

Attached: 1502595923439.png (270x248, 53K)

because it's the most degenerate one. even Holtcest is more pure.

>Zarkon was going to fuck them over. And he did.
how did that work out for him

Attached: gieb shiro milkies.gif (1217x821, 201K)

I wish my penis was that burger.

Why is she so perfect bros?

Well Lance is best girl, so.

>not color coding
What are you, an animal?

I wish was her burger

Do you want Allura to cry magically onto your dick?

Lance is the real LGBT rep as she becomes the beautiful, confident slut she always wanted to be.

>Allura cures user's phimosis with her magical tears
>it takes years of dedication to daily stretches and moisturizing for Lance to get his phimosis to a mild, manageable level
They've finally gone too far with this Mary Sue bullshit

I mean, magically or otherwise. Tears are the main thing.

It's a beautiful thing

>Then there was the nature lion shit that taught her to be more open minded.

Citation needed. (Seriously, when was she shown to be more open-minded about plants or applying tech/coding to non-computer things other than the one Olkari episode? Finding the code on Matt's grave doesn't count either since she only realized it because his birthday was off.)

Pidge wanted to leave the team literally right after they had formed it & this was when she had literally no information on where her family could be & while the Empire controlled 99% of the universe, making this not only incredibly risky but also incredibly stupid, too.

She was being "punished" because this was not only the worst time to leave the team, but also really poor planning.

Keith gave up the chance of finding his mom & didn't try to look for her because that was the whole point of the trials & he didn't even ask the Blades about her despite the fact that they would have had records on her & her blade.

Plus he left the team when it had extra paladins on board & as s5 has clearly proven: they don't actually need him around. Allura works a lot better in Blue because "Altean abilities = superpowered Voltron" & Lance even has a sword now. He even had permission to go on Blade missions, it was just that Team Voltron never came up with backup plans if he came back late or if an emergency happened while he was gone.

Pidge's science arc peaked when she programmed the fun sentry

>Pidge wanted to leave the team literally right after they had formed it & this was when she had literally no information on where her family could be & while the Empire controlled 99% of the universe, making this not only incredibly risky but also incredibly stupid, too.
yeah. and that's why she changed her mind and didn't do it, so what reason is there to punish her for making the CORRECT choice in that situation? as for Keith I only brought him up because that weird Pidge hating user shits on the character for reasons that apply to Keith more than Pidge, which is fucking bizarre. obviously no one thinks he's uppity and needs to be punished for leaving.