Side girl is much better than main girl

>side girl is much better than main girl
Does this too happen in western stuff?

Attached: 1519158796281.gif (500x280, 645K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jtKJsmZ1zAY&ab_channel=SailorMoonSays
youtube.com/watch?v=etHSQD3PK_U
youtube.com/watch?v=DstEWs443Ks
youtube.com/watch?v=u1DL-cIIJhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes!

that's not mercury, OP

Hell yeah

Attached: 1473314506181.png (953x532, 653K)

>Rei
>Not Ami

shit taste

>Mars
You're even worse than Jupiterfags.

Unpopular opinion, but I think I like Kim less than pretty much all the other girls: Shego, Monique, Bonnie, Yori, Anne Possible, etc.

Attached: bonnie.jpg (648x648, 70K)

But Rei is much, much worse than Usagi? Were you trying to post Makoto?

Attached: Jupiter_Crystal.gif (500x248, 1.23M)

You can fuck right off...wait why do I care, I havnt watched this shit in years, and it was only to kill time before DBZ. How do I even remember sailor Jupiter.

Fuck it doesnt matter shes best scout.

>All you fags choosing sailor sluts and not true best girl
You fucks have the worst taste imaginable, I swear to god.

Attached: f43b912d0f001b5de9d90f9ce5b56edf--sailor-moon-s-osaka.jpg (640x480, 33K)

How dare you compare Marsfags to men of taste?

Wasn't this chick just a random powerless friend character who always got into trouble? She wasn't memorable at all was she

Absolute best!

Attached: Absolute.jpg (500x439, 63K)

>Trying to take Molly from /ourguy/

Attached: Sailor_moon_melvin.jpg (283x213, 42K)

Main girls can sometimes suffer from being a marysue or self-insert. Also, we inevitably see more negative sides to them with so much attention devoted to them.

Take pic related. The writers clearly want her to be likable and sympathetic but are totally incompetent in doing so, so the more attention she receives the less likable she becomes.

Attached: blk.jpg (200x208, 14K)

To be fair none of the characters in that show are likable except Jaune and Pyrrha.

I remember hating her accent in the original dub. But when they got rid of it in the redub I found myself desperately missing it.

Kinda how I feel about the re-dub in general, really. The old dub is pretty bad for the most part, but it had a lot of character and some good moments sprinkled here and there. From what I've seen of Viz's dub, it feels really lifeless and workman-like.

I'd say in SM's case the sub is the best way to go (If only because of how great Usagi and Rei are), but I can't help but peak in at the DiC dub sometimes.

Attached: 230dc6eea2c3bfd174491feff0422661--sailor-moon-quotes-motivational-sayings.jpg (480x360, 32K)

I feel similarly about the old Ocean dub of DBZ vs. the more recent Funimation Kai dub. The Ocean dub was full of weird bullshit (Goku's father creating the false moon technique) but the dialogue had so much more personality and the characters were more vibrant. The Kai dub from the Funi cast, it tries to hard to maintain accuracy (except when they can't decide whether to use localized attack names or Japanese attack names so they use both in the same episode), the dialogue comes off like the actors are reading the subtitles to you. It's drab and boring.

If I'm gonna watch a dub, I want to see the actors and scripters express SOME measure of creative freedom to make it their own thing with it. If I want a dry, clinical translate, I can just watch the subs.

Its the main character syndrome. Be bland but likeable as possible to appeal to a wider audience. Kinda like MCU movies.

>anime thread

Mars > Jupiter > Mercury > Moon > Venus

>Mars > Jupiter > Mercury > Moon > Venus

I'd reverse the last two, since Venus looks exactly like Moon but without the ugly pigtails.

I'll admit, Molly and Melvin are really something special.

Jupiter>Moon>Venus>Mercury>Mars

Mercury's boring is all.

Anime is just Japanese cartoons, and the reason why we have Sup Forums is to contain all the faggots from spreading elsewhere.

Shut up Boco

Check out the Sailor Moon Says YT channel. It showcases some of the quality performances in the DiC dub.

>Jupiter

This guy gets it. She's like a sexy teenage Peppermint Patty.

youtube.com/watch?v=jtKJsmZ1zAY&ab_channel=SailorMoonSays
Been subscribed for at least two years now.

>Preferring a bunch of whores over the pureness and sweetness of Mercury

H O R R I B L E F U T U R E

youtube.com/watch?v=etHSQD3PK_U

youtube.com/watch?v=DstEWs443Ks
KINO

Rei is all but an original character made for the anime. In the original manga, she was a typical demure shrine maiden character who was very soft-spoken and mysterious.

The anime team really knew what they were doing when adapting the garbage that was the source material.

I tried watching the new series that was supposed to be more accurate to the manga (at least in the character designs). But hoooooooly shit, the show was so stiff and lifeless. The characters couldn't emote and there was about as much animation per episode as what you'd see in Rocky & Bullwinkle. It was fuckin unwatchable.

It was an accident IIRC the og writer was an old lady who said rei acted like x prefecture going by the stereotype from her day of classy rich people while the younger artists knew it more for it's clubbing scene and how the ravers there acted

No it’s Murcury, Venus, Moon, Mars, Jupiter

Crystal's first two seasons were animated like shit. They scrapped a bunch of the production team for the third and it improved drastically. Unfortunately, it was really too late the save the project.

>No it’s Murcury, Venus, Moon, Mars, Jupiter

I only agree with this because it puts Neptune and Pluto at the far end amongst the shit tier, which is where they belong.

I fell for Kim (and to some extent her mom) completely when I watched the series but later I grow fond of Bonnie more.

>ie arkos fag
bruddah don't worry so am i

>Neptune
>shit
Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.

Attached: Sailor_Uranus.png (1366x768, 638K)

Mercury > Venus > Jupiter > Saturn > Mars/Moon >>>>>> Neptune >>>>>>>>>> Uranus/Plut

At least Uranus had a personality hook of being a crossdressing lesbian. Neptune was always just "the other lesbian" and had zero personality and a SHIT character design that wouldn't befit a crowdfiller let alone a supposedly legitimate protagonist.

My girl, right here.

She had some quips but yeah she was mostly just the femme in a standard butch/femme lesbian pairing.

Attached: Sailor Moon SuperS movie.jpg (1555x3473, 841K)

That's a terrible list Boco

Venus>Jupiter>mercury>mars>moon>saturn>pluto>chibi moon>Neptune>Uranus

Maria in Braceface was vastly superior to the lead in that show who actually became less and less likable as the series progressed.

Attached: braceface 25.jpg (1388x1050, 175K)

based

>he didn't like yonkers accent
Your taste is shit, SHIT

Attached: 1512785530358.png (527x945, 191K)

Since Katara was the main girl I guess it's not saying much...

Attached: Jin 05.jpg (1385x1050, 456K)

Disagree about the sub, as Rei only works as a character in the DIC dub, which upped her bitch factor in order play up her as Serena as rivals.

Attached: 1482029237331.gif (1920x1080, 443K)

>Chibi Moon
>Over literally anyone

That's not heckapoo

Attached: 1d4c5f682af6fdca580866c385e295f01aae632b.jpg (1200x1498, 489K)

Neptune's big moment in the anime was when they revealed that she's the real hardcore "ends justify the means" bitch of the pair and that Uranus is just a poseur who Neptune molded via emotional manipulation to cause her to give up on having a normal life in order to be a dark and edgy sailor scout hero.

She wanted to have sex with her father and a horse; doesn't that count for anything?

Attached: SMi'mokwiththis.jpg (1400x1043, 243K)

Yes it counts, it adds points against her

>and a horse
why?

Attached: 1315006442223.jpg (586x438, 57K)

>Mercury>Venus>Earth>Mars>Jupiter>Saturn>Uranus>Neptune>Pluto
A-are you guys retarded?

Well Pegasus did have a human form

Attached: Helios.jpg (357x353, 14K)

Little girls love horses, user.

Attached: 642a79e8656be90b584a05e148b41d5a--chibiusa-and-helios-amv.jpg (736x563, 70K)

Luna, who was a human turned into a cat, was sexually attracted to feral cats. Japan has no sexual taboos save for the display of genitalia. Anything else goes over there.

>that part in the Cardcaptor Sakura manga where a grown-ass man proposes to an 11-year-old
The really perverted stuff is in shoujo. Shonen stuff is just "lol boobs, lol panties"

etc.

Ironic weebs should be gassed.

Fuck off tsundere normie

>Jaune
>likable
Those are serious hot opinions you have there, son.

Yeah, both of this. I used to consider Neptune as the blandest sailor by far, but on a rewatch you start noticing some seriously fucked up implications. Also, Michiru has the best bantz.
youtube.com/watch?v=u1DL-cIIJhk

Attached: michiru.png (618x435, 373K)

Uranus actually got some development and is pretty nice as a civilian. Michiru’s only interaction was to tell Ami to stop holding back in a swimming race.

>Implying Rei would love user
/our guy/ didn't have a chance, why would user?

Attached: Yuuichirou_Kumada.jpg (720x480, 43K)