Why doesn't Sup Forums ever talk about picture books...

Why doesn't Sup Forums ever talk about picture books? They're essentially a simpler form of comic books for smaller kids, that also adults can enjoy. And everybody has their own fond childhood memories of their favorite picture books. So why are they never talked about?

Picture semi related, Jon Oliver recently produced an adorable satire/parody bunny book. And all proceeds go to charity, so it's not a shameless cash grab ploy.

Attached: IMG_1063.jpg (534x712, 68K)

Because there are not scans of any of them at all anywhere. There's The Monster at the End of the Book and that's it.

Remember that time Marlon Bundo got so hungry while playing golf he saw a frog in a pond, grabbed it and bit off it's head

>Why doesn't Sup Forums ever talk about picture books?

You mean like this one?

Attached: 710750TcuIL.jpg (1400x1400, 167K)

>TFW no comfy bed time storytime threads of Rasmus Klump picture books from your childhood

Attached: _9788711343036.jpg (440x610, 76K)

I was thinking more akin to Barbababa.

Attached: 4373410163_3a1da0bb73_b.jpg (692x1024, 545K)

Late night (((comedy)))

Man I fucking wish Sup Forums cared about picture books. I tried to start a stealth thread on the topic a while ago, but no one gave a shit.

For shame. There is some amazing art in picture books.

>The welfare state can never function and here's an allegory to tell you why

Do they still read this one to kids, anymore? I'm assuming it was taken off the grammar school curriculum, given the current state of Millennials.

Attached: 51aCFGh8IBL__SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x292, 29K)

So lazyness.

Yes, and it's for charity. And it's apparently sold out already, because it's so adorable everyone wants a copy. It's even got an audio book with John Litgow as one of the voices.

>If someone repeatedly makes demands of you, give everything you have to them until it ultimately kills you

I think Millennials grew up with this book, instead.

Attached: 991.jpg (318x411, 15K)

Well then post your actual favorite picture books. Not some celebrity parody trash.

>that author tho

Shel is the shit

I’d love a scan of Full Moon Soup.
Almost all Millenials are in adulthood, the oldest approaching their 30’s. You’re thinking of Homelanders, the generational after Millenials.

I would freak for a scan of SWEET DREAM PIE.

Who cares? That episode had zero value both in entertainment and comedy. Whole thing could have been summed up in "Pence - bad". Once you start reading up on stuff and educating yourself he becomes unwatchable especially when he covers a topic on which you know a lot.

>Full Moon Soup.
Excellent taste user. It would have to be a damn good scan to do it justice though.

Canine Kalevala was the shit when I was six years old.

>Who cares?

I do, since it's entertaining and done for a good cause, like in the case of Marlon Bundo.

A biography parody of Brando's life done in this vein with real life stories of Brando antics would be pretty awesome. Him fucking around during the shoot of Island of Dr. Moreau alone would have material for an entire book.

Attached: IMG_1064.jpg (1920x2560, 695K)

Berenstein.

>Canine Kalevala
Never heard of it. Art looks nice - very eurocomics for kids style. You must be from Finland.

>Berenstein.
Don't even start

I’d do it if my scanner was big enough, I seem to recall that the book was fairly large.

I have a copy but no scanner that would work. It is fairly large

Why not just take pictures with a phone?

Trouble for Trumpets was probably my favorites as a kid. It's one of those books that needs a scan as it's stupid expensive now and OOP.

Attached: TFT.jpg (358x461, 54K)

Because the work deserves better than phone pics. It's a detailed book that shows an entire hotel with individual rooms on each page. It's amazing.

Hell, even Sup Forums max image size wouldn’t be good enough. We’d need to Imgur link.

Attached: E0500E01-69E0-42DC-887B-C7BBF04747DB.jpg (640x420, 83K)

exactly, which is probably a contributing reason why some of the best, most detailed stuff almost never gets scanned.

this is cute

No, it's white supremacist propaganda.

I honestly gotta applaud John Oliver and his team for creating such a genius yet passive dick move that'll piss off Pence for the rest of his life.

No, this is Sup Forums not Sup Forums. Nice bait.

I love this

Attached: 67F51D1C-A490-4551-BCAB-48350222D577.jpg (1235x1711, 332K)

This is a legitimately beautiful book about Dog Heaven, it's got so many lovely lines and when I worked at a bookstore I couldn't recommend it to people without getting weepy.

Attached: Dog-Heaven_5-56ee19bd5f9b5867a1c1f06f.jpg (1121x1500, 277K)

>Picture semi related, Jon Oliver recently produced an adorable satire/parody bunny book. And all proceeds go to charity, so it's not a shameless cash grab ploy.

What's it about?

Attached: 1489016576079.jpg (480x740, 34K)

who fucking cares. It's just politics trolling nonsense. not good comfy picture books.

A gay bunny gets married with another male bunny after they spend a day hopping around. And Mike Pence makes a cameo as a stink bug who hates the idea of said marriage.

Attached: bundo-11-1024x511.jpg (1024x511, 100K)

>Not a lightning bug
COME ON

I guess it's both trolling and comfy looking.

i dont have any childrens books i can remember from child hood, but i recently discovered kevin henke's mice books. something nice about how he writes and illustrates them

Attached: facebook-open-graph-image.jpg (1200x630, 163K)

i dont like oliver but this looks so nice, wtf

>the shoot of Island of Dr. Moreau
ok I just read a bit about that from Wikipedia. what in the fuck
>bruce willis cancels because of a divorce
>replaced by val kilmer
>marlon brando's daughter shoots herself, brando takes french leave
>val kilmer also gets divorced
>director gets fired and script is rewritten
>all of this and they're only three days into filming

Attached: 1520343227650.jpg (873x743, 123K)

Does Dinotopia count as a picture book?

Attached: 11540351.jpg (660x634, 103K)

It's incredibly cute. Oliver had no idea it was going to become so popular, he thought it might make couple of bucks, tops, because it was just a gag.

Attached: 91a8s8u3YdL-768x383.jpg (768x383, 50K)

Oh thats sweet

Attached: 53f.jpg (196x250, 7K)

>No, it's white supremacist propaganda.

>artist's name is Lim

Are Chinese people white supremecists, now?

I agree, and I can actually tell you why. It's because it's impossible to find scans of these things. I've been looking for scans of and both Marlon Bundo books for ages.

And while there are torrents for Seuss books, there isn't a single one that contains his entire bibliography, so organizing a chronological Seuss storytime would be too much effort.

>book about gay furries
>not selling like hotcakes

Attached: 1512548473161.jpg (800x800, 104K)

scans where

They're not comics and we don't need more tangential shit.

Are you unaware of the origin of the OP pic?

give me scans please

Attached: 1515176023281.jpg (900x960, 52K)

The otters holding hands thing is a nice touch, assuming its intentional.

Were you unaware user was responding to the Thump book, not the John Oliver Book.

>believing gay people should be allowed to be married is political
lol

I love how much a troll John Oliver is.

But yeah, Will Eisners A Contract With God would be considered a picture book by most definitions. The only reason it's not is that it is so fucking good

I own a copy... I have no idea where it is...

>The welfare state can never function and here's an allegory to tell you why
Pic related does the same lesson, but better.

It doesn't even explain why Pence is bad accurately. The book makes it seem like being against gay marriage is the same as literally keeping people apart, even though gays could live together and fuck each other before a single state allowed gay marriage.

Attached: fc152fc1a0925f24f7ebe7b3961885ca[1].jpg (540x700, 130K)

IT SURE IS THE CURRENT YEAR ITT

Many many cartoons are based on picture books.

Shrek
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs
Ferdinand
Every Dr. Seuss adaptation
All the Joyce adaptations: Rise of Guardians, Rolie Polie Olie, Epic, Meet the Robinsons, etc.
Curious George
Clifford the Big Red Dog
The Magic School Bus
Babar
Madeline
James and the Giant Peach
etc.

They're basically rough storyboards if you want to think about it that way.

Is every animal gay in this universe?

Sure user. Why not. It's supposed to mike pence's personal hell, so probably.

Jumanji, Zathura, Polar Express, Where the Wild Things Are also made into films

Yeah, I didn't include those because they didn't get made into cartoons (aside from polar express if you include mocap).

>Jumanji
>didn't get made into cartoons

Nice user! But sucks if you can't find it.

>Jumanji
I fucking forgot about the tv series. Thanks

Given the stuff he's previously done on his show, it's hard to think he didn't know it would become popular.

If he didn't think it was going to sell so well, he wouldn't have marketed it as hard as he did. This is actually a more successful version of his failed "Make Donald Drumpf Again" campaign, which was launched the same way.

>Thinking "If You Give A Mouse a Cookie" is genuinely an allegory about the Welfare state.

Wow, that's a bit of a stretch user. Maybe consider projecting less.

Never got to read that one as a kid. There was always that one popular kid douchebag who ALWAYS checked this out from the library.

buy it user, it's for charity

Yeah, it's just another controversy marketing ploy like the drumpf thing.

Gay marriage is fine by me and John Oliver is alright in small doses, but I don't come on Sup Forums to give two shits about John Oliver's latest contrived spat stunt with some political figure. Take that shit to reddit (or Sup Forums if you really hate yourself).

>marketing ploy
it's for charity

no
because IT IS THE CURRENT YEAR
fuck you liberal faggots

The marketing is for John Oliver's name, brand, and show. They're not trying to sell the book.

Viral marketing much?

t.Johnolivershowintern

Way to preemptively derail what could have been a nice comfy thread about picture books by fucking up the thread image with a blatant celebrity marketing attempt.

I wonder if this is a secret shill.

>the time when fucking vertigo published not one but two Sandman storybooks suitable for children

Attached: endless.jpg (900x600, 266K)

>I wonder if this is a secret shill.

They are painfully easy to spot nowadays

>Once you start reading up on stuff and educating yourself he becomes unwatchable especially when he covers a topic on which you know a lot.

That goes for all media, really. You think everything's fine until the one time they report on something where you really know your shit and realize they're just talking out of their asses. Then you start wondering how often they're doing the same thing when talking about other topics that you don't care about, and it all spirals downhill from there.

Attached: 1518736818187.png (280x281, 40K)

I remember the first time this one got storytimed here and everyone lost their shit.

>#1 seller on Amazon "Gay Fiction" ahead of all the Walmart shelf bargain bin trash romance books
>Already out of stock
Dude is a genius. Literally no kid is ever going to see or have someone read them a copy of this book, yet he's still selling thousands to twenty and thirty something retards that fell for the trap.

>Literally no kid is ever going to see or have someone read them a copy of this book

I'm pretty sure a lot of parents are going to be reading it to their kids and recommending it forward, so subsequent print runs will find themselves even easier to the hands of children around the world (it's already charting as a best seller on Amazon globally)

Not OP, but why the hell would a john olivers marketing team come on Sup Forums of all places? It might just be a silly user who is manipulated by the marketing to propagate the content in the "organic" way they want.

Attached: 1411507847478.png (645x428, 91K)

It's eleven bucks for a hardcover copy, and it all goes to charity. Don't be a cheap fucker.

Why are you shilling?

This.

Which charities?

My boss has a new book out too. Can I shill in this thread or do I have to start my own?

I was thinking about trying to find some scans of this pretty decent kids comic I happened upon
Hilda and the Midnight Giant
It’s not the first in the series, but it’s got great lore and humor that you can pick up literally at any point
It’s better than just about everything marvel or dc puts out currently

Attached: DBF99BB9-9D06-4C96-B657-D651D60385FE.jpg (1000x1387, 441K)

Funny you post that book, as it's a satire of a book about bunnies made by the Vice President's daughter with the proceedings also going to charity.

She was quoted in response "I think imitation is the most sincere form of flattery in a way, but in all seriousness, his book is contributing to charities that I think we can all get behind. We have two books that are giving to charities that are both about bunnies, so I’m all for it, really."

Have you made it clear enough yet that the money from the book is going to charity? Maybe you should say it a few more times.

I could also say that Pence's apolitical daughter writes an innocent children's book for charity and the Left felt it necessary to zero in for an attack. The media and daytime talk show hosts, of course, praised Oliver for the attack, and spam her book's amazon page with One Star reviews until they were purged.

The Hilda series is amazing! But I would argue that they are legit comics
In terms of the format, not a picture book.

Shame it's being adapted by Amazon though.

And Luke Pearsons first book is good too if you can find it. Very much for adults though.

It doesnt matter if a nobody is against gay marriage, but when is someone in power he/she could really make life harder for people. If an adult wants to marry another adult, let them get married. ¿Why would anybody deny other citizens their rights?

>why the hell would a john olivers marketing team come on Sup Forums of all places?
Yeah, it's weirding me out a bit honestly. I don't even hate Oliver, he's the cutest rat faced goblin on television, but this is very obviously a marketing thread. I'm even shocked by the lack of Sup Forums shitposts thus far.

Or you could just not bring celebrity political crap to Sup Forums. Is this really the best place for that discussion?

It’s definitely a comic, but I brought it up because it’s kid focused

If I had found scans I was going to storytime it and have a more Sup Forums related discussion
But honestly, there’s really only a slight difference between certain comics and picture books