/dg/ DOOM General

>favourite interpretation?
>HCs?
>favourite story?
>hopes for the future?
>favourite ship?
Plus, fan-art, shitposting and all that jazz.

Attached: eeQebWW.png (777x639, 926K)

Which stories didn't happen for you, anons?
All that
>I wanna be ironman
stuff didn't happen
unthinkable also didn't happen

>Which stories didn't happen for you, anons?
Unthinkable and that MI:13 story for sure. Ewing's Loki as well, the Doom talking to him was also a Doombot. I do enjoy Masters of Doom though. Dunno about the rest. Infamous has yet to conclude, so it might end up just being some great keikaku, or him LARPing, and eventually finding it meaningless.

Speaking of ships, it's a pity how lousy he and Natasha were in 1602.
Doom x Widow works for me, somehow.

>Speaking of ships, it's a pity how lousy he and Natasha were in 1602.
Yeah, it was a really wasted opportunity.
>Doom x Widow works for me, somehow.
It's the classic "undercover spy falls in love with the man she was sent to assassinate" trope. Realistically Doom/Widow works very well and you can do a great story about it. I posted this one a long while ago:

Fury (or whoever; Hill) sends her undercover with some fancy tech that transforms her completely, and because she was never high up Doom's radar, she's able to slip by. She poses as some Russian (or maybe if you want to change it give her another undercover nationality) politician that is made to catch Doom's attention and be selected as part of his Cabinet. You then play with the whole cat & mouse bit, showing a mutual attraction between the two. Doom starts to suspect, but Widow is starting to be drawn to him, since he puts forth his best self; the cultured, piano playing, portrait painting, modern DaVinci with hidden darkness persona.

Eventually the attraction reaches an all time high and Nat finds herself in his royal bedroom, dressed in those black lingeries with a pantyhose, elbow length gloves, everything. Doom appears, and at that moment reveals he knows who she is. And right there is the ultimate test of his willpower; does he allow his insecurities and autism to get the better of him, or does he succumb to his genuine feelings for a woman who's intrigued him in ways not even Morgana has (because let's face it, Morgana is a bit of a two-dimensional bitch, while Nat is also legit royalty).

(cont)

For me, I think I'd like to see him succumb to his desires for once and just have a passionate night, you know? The guy almost never fucks, and even then, he's only ever "made love" once. He kinda deserves it. If this was a mini, there are two ways to end it. Nat wakes up the next morning, with Doom gone and a note saying she is to leave Latveria. Doom cannot bring himself to kill her, but lets her go. The other way is to have him make her an offer to stay, and her accepting, with a Doom/Widow relationship developing genuinely.

Oh, and one more thing: You know how it's been alluded Doom has German blood, and his whole tribe looks too fucking white to be "Romani"? I did some digging on European Nomads, and apparently there are some Greeks from up north, called "Sarakatsans" or "Karakatsans", who did end up reaching Germany. So I'd go ahead and retcon the Zefiro thing. Nothing in the story would change, I'd just make the skintones and geography make more sense.

I remembered having reread this when I reached the
>gloves, pantyhose

Yeah, like I said, I've posted it again. I might be the only person who doesn't ship Nat with Clint, Rogers or Bucky, but with either Doom or Stark. Dunno, I find that that their characters mess together better. Soldier/Soldier is rather boring, same as scientist/scientist or king/king. You need to mix things up a bit. I would say that I prefer Doom/Wanda a bit more, so Stark/Nat wins over Doom/Nat by a bit, but I still like both.

>For me, I think I'd like to see him succumb to his desires for once and just have a passionate night, you know? The guy almost never fucks, and even then, he's only ever "made love" once.
He regularly hops on his time machine and travels back in time to fuck the Arthurian hottie Morgan LeFay's brains out.

Attached: morgan lefay.png (1280x962, 1.43M)

Yeah, but come on now, Morgan is a) a subculture bitch and b) not the type of person who can temper his autism. His autism needs someone with better interpersonal skills. Widow would fit.

Attached: doomfags.jpg (1041x1600, 598K)

Like I said, he rarely fucks, but he's never made love aside from Valeria back in Books of Doom, if the Doombot's story is considered canon. And like user said here Morgan is a basic bitch who gets railled by demons every night. Widow is a shady, dark enough character to understand him, but she's usually portrayed as rather compassionate and understanding, which means that she could help him with the autism by looking at the man inside the armor, past the boasting and insecurities.

It could honestly blossom into a rather sweet love story. Widow is ratherfrequently portrayed as someone who wants to sort of leave this life behind her, and find some peace. Becoming a General Queen by Doom's side would beat wearing catsuits and being a spy. But more than that, there's just ground for a genuine connection there.

>taking Fraction's self-insert seriously
>taking Ant-Man beating up the guy who killed a lion buck-naked seriously
user, I...

>Doom resist his autism

That will never happen

Attached: 1496624235117.jpg (450x379, 193K)

It can happen if a woman is concerned. If you a Redhead, Russian Princess with Green Eyes, dressed like a Dominatrix, who wants to make sweet love to you and be your Mommygf, would you be able to resist? Bear in mind that Doom being lonely and jealous of Reed's happiness is one of the reasons he's such an autist. If he genuinely connected with a woman, I doubt he'd late autism overtake him.

Yes I know Pic Related is Black Queen Jean, but that's how I imagine Nat would be dressed.

Attached: black_queen_by_matheushenrique157-dbw5f7m.jpg (750x1066, 223K)

in this particular page, he actually resists the urge to destroy richards

Yeah, he resists the urge to destroy Richards but only because he thinks that Richards fits into the picture of a story that he has in his head.

Attached: Dr. Doom N.png (1013x843, 1.8M)

He still overcame his autism though. Doom is capable of doing that, he just needs something or someone important enough to get through his defenses.

>He still overcame his autism though.

Did he? Aren't we always talking about how hopelessly cripplingly autistic he is?

Hammy Autism is a trait of Doom, but there are moments where he's able to overcome it. Sacrificing himself in Marvel Zombies and Doom 2099. Being overprotective of Valeria and genuinely trying to be a better person around her. Hell, even taking credit for M-Day was just a way to let Wanda off the hook. It was coupled with autism, but he still tried to take the weight on his shoulders instead of letting the X-Men lynch her. Doom's not a detached sociopath like Luthor, Sinister or the rest, he genuinely cares, it's just that he's a mix of self-centered autist and self-loathing cunt. If anything, he feels too much, otherwise he wouldn't get in the trouble of trying so much; he'd just summon demons and start razing lands if the simple idea of conquest was what interested him.

>tfw no Doomfags to shitpost with

Attached: 61dc86726c45bd0603f31861793db104--doctor-doom-doctor-strange.jpg (591x830, 221K)

I'm here for you, faggot.

And I agree Natasha is top tier potential for Doom.

Wanda is pretty high too, so is Emma and Storm.
Susan is below, but still okay and so is Valeria, but Morgana is trash tier.

Wanda is honestly OTP material.Both of them being sorceress aside, she's the ultimate Mom hero, and that's what Doom needs in his life. Nat being more of a shady daredevil fits with Stark a bit better. Doom needs someone to soften him up and reveal the good in him, whereas Tony needs someone to be on the same wavelength with.

I kinda prefer Natasha more. same how lousy they were in 1602.
Also, we agree with rightclops and sniktbub that doom was lying to shield wanda from blame, ya?

Obviously Doom was lying. The timeline doesn't fit because he was in Hell or something at that point.But the way it was written in general just came off as him lying to protect her.

Yeah, because, like, Doom is such a heroic guy. He only means well and only does the right thing. He really is the kind of guy that goes out of his way to help people in need.

ALL HOPE LIES IN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Attached: hickman.png (1032x585, 1.44M)

My personal ship is Doom x Namor, even if i know it would never happen

Attached: DOOM TOOTS.png (438x397, 400K)

But Vic's not gay user.

Well that won't stop me from wanting it. Maybe theres an alternate universe were they get together and rule. At least until one betrays the other.

BEFORE WE GO ANY FURTHER

Attached: 1484848867982.jpg (470x627, 133K)

FRIENDS

VICTOR, VICTOR, VICTOR...

Attached: 1507775151212.png (400x400, 223K)

mini comedic series where Doom's mom's spirit puts forth a competition to find doom's future bride, with various heroines competing more out of competition with each other, than genuinely being interested in doom (though some might be)

Hmm... Tell me more user...

Attached: 23725562.png (192x207, 72K)

You can already imagine it. Frost and Susan starting with a
>of course I don't care for doom, I just don't like losing and since he's mother suggested me, I'll compete , of course, just for competition's sake, I have my husband/dead boyfriend
and five minutes later having the bitchiest catfight you can imagine

Doom x femLoki is the true patrician choice

That one where he sent himself back in time millions of years and lived that entire time to kick his master's ass.

bump

this thread died weirdly quickly

work of the doombots

Attached: Iv5DD8or.png (1456x817, 2.6M)

if storm and doom became a thing now, would pantherfags be more or less salty than they were after doomwar?

Attached: doom_and_storm.jpg (480x483, 374K)

>using an edited version of the "toot" panel

Attached: doom_and_emma.jpg (862x1250, 759K)

Attached: doom_desktop.jpg (1600x1000, 182K)

Any good 1920x1080 Doom/FF papes?

Attached: doom_heh.jpg (375x290, 28K)

>Which stories didn't happen for you, anons?
The one where he takes the skin of Valeria, I'm gonna be a writer and I'll make him pure.

I ship him with Black Swan and the female version of Warlock.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DOOM AIN'T A VILLAIN
You guys really are like "Poison Ivy League".

Doom and Magik.

Attached: magik_by_arthur_adams_by_drdoom1081-dbn6mz8.jpg (724x1103, 270K)

Doom is an anti villain.

Does MF exist in the Marvel Universe?

Attached: aaronjasinski2.jpg (576x436, 73K)

I think Doom could work incredibly well as an over-arching villain for a Fantastic Four trilogy. Let’s say Reed has been pitching this space mission to the US government for years, and they keep rejecting him. Eventually, this strange country of Latveria starts throwing money at his project, letting him hire whomever he wants (the other 3, obviously), and eventually sending them into space, where they are hit by the cosmic energy that give them their powers. When they crash land back in Latveria, all of them survive, minus Ben, who was outside the ship when the energy hit the ship. He is a big crispy blob on the side of the ship. After a brief fight w/ the government, the four are taken into protective custody, where they finally realize who is the leader of Latveria: Reed’s old foreign-exchange college roommate, Victor VonDoom. Victor is basically a nega-Tony Stark, who rips off other companies because his country has no copywrite laws, hence his “Doombots” basically being Tony’s Iron Legion. After a meeting with VonDoom, Reed discovers that they were SUPPOSED to get hit by the radiation, because VonDoom wanted to see its effects on humans. The crusty blob Ben was encased in eventually is broken to reveal The Thing, in all his rocky glory, and the four escape Latveria using their newly gained powers. Reed invents the flying car, Johnny and Ben are closer in age, but Ben is still the stoic one while Johnny loves roasting, and Doom creates Mole Man and other FF villains.

>Morgan is a basic bitch who gets railled by demons every night.

Is this real?

What about
Doom x Lilandra
Doom x Carol Danvers
Doom x Deathbird
Doom x Infinity
Doom x Gaea
Doom x Singularity
Doom x Captian Universe Tamara Deveroux
Doom x Queen of Nevers
Doom x Phoenix Force
Doom x High Priestess Ayesha

I've only got the one

Attached: DOOM Wallpaper 1.jpg (5333x3000, 3.68M)

Is there anyone who'd dispute Triumphs & Torments as one of DOOM's finest stories?

Attached: Doom Emma Frost.jpg (648x1023, 129K)

post doom and valeria

Attached: DOOM 9.png (999x890, 1.95M)

>"M-Mark Waid is bad because he wrote Doom like a villain (which he is)"
>"Hickman's fanfic tier garbage is how Doom should be portrayed"

Are Doomfags really this retarded?

>it's a "DOOM is immune to someone's power because he's DOOM" episode

Attached: DOOM vs Purple Man.jpg (1151x1600, 691K)

>Doom x Phoenix Force Jean Grey
FTFY. It could work.

>it's DC characters can't even take a swing at Doom episode

Also, was Doom the origin of monologuing? Or just a popularizer? I know characters explaining what was going on was necessary, but Doom is the first villain I can think of as actually being proud of and enjoy bragging about his evil plans as an extension of the "super scientist" motif throughout Fantastic 4.

Attached: image.jpg (500x470, 116K)

>it's a Marvel don't understand how diplomatic immunity works episode

Attached: diplomatic immunity.jpg (862x390, 147K)

>starring Bender Bending Rodriguez as Victor Von Doom

I like it when villains drop the act and reveal their insecurities. Are there any Doom stories like that?

what is this page from again?

But Doom is pure and innocent, user.

How does Doom view women?

Attached: doom_back_to_the_kitchen.gif (500x281, 961K)

Attached: Based Doom.jpg (783x1159, 306K)

I love Doom as an antagonist, but Doomfags are insufferable.

Pitch me your personal character bible for Doom. I'm curious as to how other anons would ideally like to see certain facets of his personality depicted; like the severity of his personality flaws (and how far he can come towards side-stepping or overcoming them outright), the extent of his anti-villain "did nothing wrong"-ness in regard to his reign over Latveria and his theoretical global/universal empire, his objective competence in contrast to Reed/Stark/Strange/etc... Maybe add in some minor headcanons too or something, if you feel there's some subtler nuance that's never been utilized, and etc.

Attached: doom sips.jpg (500x378, 21K)

Doom works best as an anti-villain.
Not a villain, not an anti-hero, and anti-villain.
He is so over-the-top that he causes good things to happen, despite himself.
And he'd be a legitimate hero if he wasn't so arrogant, and egotistical.

Namor seems a bit jealous of Doom's lack of attention.
NO ONE IGNORES THE QUEEN OF ATLANTIS!

Hmm, does "Iron Man" Doom is still under the effect of his wish that removed any regrets that he could experience?

The way I HC is this: He's not so much of an asshole like Luthor who killed thousands of people merely because he couldn't give himself superpowers. Doom's just scared and insecure, because he believes the world is such a fucked up place that if you're not perfect, you're worthless. He doesn't hold others to that pedestal, because he ultimately sees everyone else like little children that need to be protected, but he figures that if he's going to lead the world, then he NEEDS to be perfect, period. So his autism, boasting, all that jazz, are more of a result of feeling inadequate rather than being legitimately so arrogant. Generally I HC as an insecure person who tries to make up for it by being extremely boastful; he's not comfortable in his own skin, so to speak.

As for the rest, I do tend to dislike this direction of him being completely accepting of any immigration, culture mixing, and all that jazz. We're talking about a guy who has his country looking like a fairy tale kingdom. I'm not saying he's Hitler, but the guy IS a Balkan Dictator. Gypsy or not, who are far more racist than actual Balkans, who are racist already (t.Balkan), he's not the guy to marry his daughter with the son of T'Challa. In my mind, he's the kind of person who'd keep the world more or less as it is after taking it over, keeping each country and population relatively seperate yet connected, by governing everything through a single government. At the same time, I believe he'd genuinely fix places like Africa, take care of the Poles and Ice Caps, all that jazz. He's just not in the same vein as say, Zero from MGS.

I honestly HC Doom & Stark the same way, more or less. I'm in the camp that thinks they work far better as mirror images of one another than Doom/Reed. They have key differences, but in the end, they more or less have similar goals.

Technically, though it has never really been brought up. After the Inversion he did feel guilt over Cassie's death, so there's that.

What are the chances that he cheated like with the Sorcerer Supreme challenge?

Well, he did use "PURE WILL" during the 1st Secret Wars too, so I believe it's "legit". On the other hand, I do think he's using some spell or cyber-implant to somehow augment his willpower to superhuman levels.

Not really a story, but I get legit mad when some writers portray latveria as a cesspool and that everyone hates doom.

Doom's a much more interesting if Latveria is sort of like a utopia, through ruled by an iron fist. It's brings up interesting questions as to whether having your needs fulfilled is worth having zero freedom. Just having lateveria be like north korea or some shit loses that magic.

Plus it doesn't even mean that doom is a good guy. Him turning latveria into a utopia can just be seen as an extension of his ego and greed. He wants top rove that he's the best by providing for his people. Of course, if they ever defy him or disagree with him, they're killed.

Yup, I agree with everything here. The bottom line is that the vast majority of people don't care past being happy,safe and fed. If Doom came along and let them live like kings, while demanding very little of them, you best believe they'd trade the minisculine chance for great success, if they could have a guaranteed 8/10 life.

This (maybe a bit more tame), but I like it when he becomes too hammy because he cannot function in a normal society. Him going on long, 3rd person rants about trivial shit is honestly funny and fitting.

He thinks most are thots because he's pretty much a traditionalist. On the same vein, I think he'd be a great husband, to be honest.

I enjoy the comic interludes, but the true Doom takes his messianic complex with 100% seriousness at all times

Is Doomwank good writing?

Attached: DoomvsPantherGod04.jpg (1023x800, 197K)

its more of an inevitable consequence of him being the foil to so many different characters, he ended up being good at everything, which is boring, and thus he has to live entirely on his dialogue, character development, and interactions

whether he 'wins' is never an important part of the story, in fact a lot of times it doesn't even need to be strongly referenced, since he can't actually continue being a god or whatever once the current arc finishes

Im a doomfag and consider him the final boss of marvel, but it boils down to a good story, and without it he is just pure garbage, and shouldn't even appear

No because it implies doom is altruistic. He's not. Everything he does is in service to himself.

Well isn't that is what happened technically? Without him Dr. Strange wouldn't have been able to take the power and everyone would have died. Instead Doom took it, which made it possible for it to slip away from him and for all the worlds to be reborn.

it can be fun writing and that's all what matters
doom's victories are either
>set far in the future or different universes, so it doesn't matter
>about small things that don't affect the overall status quo
so, it's okay. no biggie.

these are correct

Kinda random, but when I was a kid, I always thought Latveria was supposed to be in Greece. There's a city called Veria, up North, and I always figured in the MU they somehow gained some sort of independence or something.

>another greek doomfag
Yay, a friend!

Greetings, fellow PayDENBTSLander.
>tfw I have a 40-page Electronics Lab exercise for tomorrow
>tfw I'm Doomposting
I really need to get my procrascination habits in order... But yeah, when I was a kid that was my HC, so when I saw that Doom was too white to be a Gypsy, I just assumed he was a nomad, like the Sarakatsans or something. I'm honestly still sticking to my HC...

You think Doom couldn't whip-up a discount Magneto helmet and give himself some of the psychic training the X-Men get as standard?

The dialogue clearly says he couldn't keep her out if she kept at it, Emma's just smart enough to know that a tantrum from Doom isn't worth her casual curiosity.

eh, Doom's father is clearly balkan-slav-white-looking and doom looks white (current year progressive marvel depictions excluded, of course)
my headcanon is his folks are balkans and his mother has some gypsy blood

>Emma's just smart enough to know that a tantrum from Doom isn't worth her casual curiosity.
What was she looking for in his head?
>tfw Doom was daydreaming about his 7-Part Justified x Deadwood x Red Dead Redemption fanfic where RAYLON GIBBONS time-travels to the past and meets with John Marston, who's fighting zombies at Deadwood
...I can honestly see it.

How would this interaction go now that Johnny Normie is more familiar with Vibranium lore, and Wakanda is seen as this sacred place, that writers probably won't be able to shit on this easily?

Would Doom just be able to walk in and take it this easily?

Yeah, if we go by actual lore and not HCs, this makes the most sense. But being 100% Romani makes no sense considering the names and all the skintones.

>What was she looking for in his head?
I forget what the context of this issue was, because it's Bendis (in fact, I don't even think this event happened in the issue this page is from, I'm pretty sure this was a flashback to an earlier story), but I'm pretty sure this was a secret Cabal meeting, and Emma probably just wanted to know what the fuck was going on, and whether or not Doom was going to fuck everyone in the room over.

It's from the Cabal oneshot, I know. I'm just wondering what she expected to find there.

Doom is unironically the savior of mankind and the greatest human being in all of fiction. Also FF keeps pulling him down, he's far outgrown them, for fuck's sake he never uses half of his tech against them or ANY magic, his armor also turns into aluminium so Ben can be relevant despite tanking blows from heralds, and all the positive qualities he has and the good things he does in other stories need to be swept under the rug because even on the ideological level he blows them the fuck out so hard it's sad. Doom simply got far too much development in his stories, there is no need to portray him as any kind of villain any more, he's simply a man who was wronged in life, grew strong and took back control, became the protector o his people, saved his mother and now wants to save the species he loves. I could legitimately argue any of these points but it would be called Doomwank no matter what i say so i'll just go full ham. I'll also add that while no one's perfect, Doom is as close to a perfect leader as humanly possible. Supreme mind which can handle any problems and run a perfect society, no prejudice in his heart, no greed or lust, no sloth, nothing that would make an incompetent or abusive leader, he's also been the victim of tyranny in his youth so he knows what it's like. Just a supreme mind, an unbreakable will and a sense of purpose and responsibility.

Attached: MC.png (500x600, 331K)

This is what happens when you grow up without a father figure.

You end up worshipping a Gary Stu that speaks in the third-person.

Sad!