The Mighty Thor #705: The Ballad of Beta Ray Bitch

"God Bye, God Riddance"

The unmemorable banal adventures of Jane Foster as (a) Thor reach their inevitable conclusion. Not because of sales or severe backlash, but because, well, there was never much to her, was there?

Maybe the book just wasn't for us. Maybe we were a bit too miffed at (the real) Thor getting punted aside for the sake of a clumsy feminist message. One thing's for sure, we didn't care for it. Especially when juicer controversies like AMERICA and such popped up. Jane just kind of got lost in the shuffle.

Sadly, there's no way for (true) Thor fans to win past this point:

If sales of "FRESH START" Thor are WORSE than Whor's, then that'll give SJWs cause to claim that Jane was the superior character with the superior book with the overall superior concept because it sold better, prompting copycats or Thunder God forbid, a resurrection.

If sales of "FRESH START" Thor are BETTER than or EQUAL to Whor's, then that'll give Marvel the go ahead to continue to pull insultingly idiotic stunts like this in the future since fans will keep crawling back when their favorites are "restored".

So the most we can do...is mock her demise NOW. Have a ball with it. Because cancer is a cheap plot device and this simpering Mary Shrew stole Thor's 700th issue.

Oh yeah, there's one more instalment after this, but denouement comics are pure fluff, scams to filch you out of your time and money while the writer and artist cruise on by with near-zero effort to pad out the trades. So we're not storytiming that when it arrives.

This is (her) End.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ir97YbO5PGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not Led Zeppelin:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ir97YbO5PGI

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-001.jpg (1988x3056, 1.11M)

Storytime of tears.....;_;

See All, Say Nothing

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.6M)

Two Sluts, One Moon

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.49M)

So is the message on the hammer auto-adjusting or...?

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.04M)

YAAS!!!

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.94M)

Desolation of Smaug Reference!

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-006.jpg (1988x3056, 2.35M)

Your commentary isn't funny. Just post the comic.

>it takes a woman to beat MANgog
Is Aaron a genius?

Christ, is all her dialogue like that? That's awful.

Take it easy there dude

And by Thor, she means herself. Not you, "Odinson".

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-007.jpg (1988x3056, 2.26M)

no fun allowed user

>this art
Has he been given a Fresh Start book yet?

shhh baby, shhhh,

And here she is literally telling them to check their privilege. Good lord, it'll be great when she's gone.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-008.jpg (1988x3056, 2.57M)

It's a Sup Forums is butthurt and threatened by the womenz thread.

>check Win'O
>read ahead
This was worse than I expected
The conclusion is one hell of an asspull just to say LOLDED

Oh well, plus side is pretender's gone
Long live the one and only true Thor!

Sit down, Aaron.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-009.jpg (1988x3056, 2.5M)

>we didn't care for it.
I cared for it

Are people actually more concerned/angry that Jane Thor is a woman more so than they are that she's just a really badly written character?

it's really not, but if that's the narative you need to sleep at night user, then i guess go with it.

There's so many shitty things about this run, the fact that she's got tits and a vagina is not even on the list anymore.

How can we be? Look at how oPRESSed they are?

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-010.jpg (1988x3056, 2.27M)

Yes, I too love cringey unfunny comments.

at the start yes, now it doesn't really mater anymore and most anons are just shitposting.

>"You are... Entirely a monster!"

Wow, what a badass line. You go, girl!

And by Love, she means Narcissism.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.8M)

And your post isn't contributing, anyone who just wants the pages can just hit the Win O.

>guys i told you to stop enjoying yourself, so stop it already! I'm gonna tell moot!

t.cunt

You kept your blatantly evil brother and foster son alive for years when killing them was clearly the right thing to do. You are not that smart Odin. Maybe losing that eye robbed you off a brain chunk as well.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.66M)

>And here she is literally telling them to check their privilege
No she isn't
>Thor get's beaten by a rock

>She threw him into the sun
>why didn't I think of that
Fuck Jason Aaron.

I imagined that Odin would pack more punch than the sun really.

It's more of the second and how it was mostly Aaron bullying (the real) Thor without having no character development come out of it at all because he all ready learned the supposed lesson at the start of the run.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-013.jpg (1988x3056, 2.11M)

what the fuck is up with her face

You're being a whiny little bitch.

I will miss her. She was too good for this world and for Sup Forums.

t.shill

Press S

And by God of Thunder, he means Jane.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-014.jpg (1988x3056, 2.57M)

Contorted into an ugly face from the emotions of fear and anger. Faces get mad ugly mate.

If male Thor was in her place we’d have a big heroic speech.

This is why people bare Whor. She’s garbage on the mic.

Stay mad, fag.

>imagine being this much of a shithead

No meme, what did you enjoy about her?
I had a completely different take.

Odin naps. Suns don't nap. ERGO! Plus, he's a cis-white male! Which is frowned upon in Neo Marvel.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-015.jpg (1988x3056, 2.27M)

>"I fight for Love/My Friends/Hope/Justice!" power up
>"N-nani, Masaka!"
>"You'll never understand, villain!"
>Hero takes villain to the sun
I just saw this in the Superman/Batman story and in Invincible.
Is this some kind of trope?

Shut Up and Dribble

There's nothing wrong with it, that rage makes her even hotter in fact.

>Plus, he's a cis-white male! Which is frowned upon in Neo Marvel

You legit say this in the comic that is the lead in to Odinson becoming Thor again. Fucking Christ.

Well, now she isn't Thor because it isn't convenient for her to be so. WAMMO! RETURN OF THE KING REFERENCE!

Speaking of pulls.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-016.jpg (1988x3056, 2.32M)

Wake me when they storytime today's Ms. Marvel.

Unironically this. Mostly.

stop trying to reason with nu-Sup Forums

If you're too broke to buy it and too lazy to download then that is your problem

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh fuck

Let him vent

It's been a long time coming

I still don't understand why they thought the empty black pits for eyes would be a good design choice

Ah, the old Bob Reynolds Special.

>You legit say this in the comic that is the lead in to Odinson becoming Thor again. Fucking Christ.

He's still a cuck who surrendered his name to her and got everyone else to call her by his name. Even here. At the end. What a yutz. And you just know he'll be MUH JANE for the 7 or so issues of Fresh Start that Aaron will write of him.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.98M)

>He's still a cuck

Oh, you're one of those idiots.

Is it me or the "S" on she is shinnier than the others letters?

Conveniently throws Thor onto the item that can beat him. Fucking hel.

>And you just know he'll be MUH JANE for the 7 or so issues of Fresh Start that Aaron will write of him.

It's as if Thor had a relationship with this woman that dates back to the 1960's. Gee, how fucking crazy to think that would be a thing.

>She threw him into the sun
>AGAIN
For fuck's sake, why do they think this works?

Honestly it should have been an X.

JaneThor didn't really add so much to the series, I think, but I'm surprised that she gets the brunt of the flak for the run being so disappointing lately. I always felt that the bigger issue was that Aaron was trying to tell far too many stories at once in general and as a result having to draw them out so much that they sort of lost meaning. Juggling Loki's betrayal, Jane's battle with cancer, the Serpent on the throne, Odin being out of touch, Malekith being the wild card, Roxxon, the Shi'Arr gods, the Queen of Cinders, the War Thor all at a horribly plodding pace - all that is IMO more the reason the comic hasn't been so fun lately. Aaron does too much to give any individual arc justice, so the overall tapestry of the War of Realms just feels like it's overdue an end.

No. That's just a strawman.

Pretty fucking bitch move to literally give up your birth name.

That Hammer was a THOT. Good riddance. And in the grand scheme of things, it was pretty weaksauce as far as cosmic weapons go.

Probably for this DRAMATIC UNMASK moment.

WAKE UP!

It's certainly hotter than this face.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.78M)

and on its last insult

jason aaron kills the last bit of odinson's old personality by making his last words to jane being simple "YOU FUCKING BITCH, YOU JUST KILLED MUH HAMMER" like an spoiled child

>RETURN OF THE KING REFERENCE!
Are you ok user? You're starting to see things that aren't there

>I love for love

Wonder Woman

Much of Sup Forums was optimistic about female Thor prior to the start of the run. You underestimate the power of Sup Forums‘s boner. But it was the bad writing and virtue-signaling that made everyone sour.

He's not pissed that she killed Mjolnir because of an attachment to Mjolnir. He's pissed that she did it because it means she's going to die. He's pissed that she committed suicide.

I'm still a bit triggered about Thor calling Jane Thor.

Man this thread is SEETHING

God of Thunder. Not Hammers. How did the movies get this so much more right.

It's not, but i get why you have to think that to push your narrative.

Sup Forums doesn't understand that Aaron doing something for a long time ends up being bad

>the hammer's in the sun
>oh, well, it's fucked, no sense in getting it back now
Are these fuckers joking? Do they really think the sun is going to melt that shit?

Was thor gay for female thor?

>WHY IS THOR UPSET ABOUT JANE FOSTER DYING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Do people here not know that they have a decades long history? I fucking swear to god.

What do you expect from Sup Forumsmblr? Their favorite character just died lol.

Nigga what, im just calling it as it is. Thor bitched out. His a mopey sack of faggot. Thor isnt the fucking hammer. Thor is Thor

Kamala Khan can suck a fat pork wiener.

Agreed. Especially where magic is concerned given that names are pretty huge deals.

The writer is always to blame in a story. Unless he was forced at gunpoint to write something. Then that's slightly more excusable.

It's a big sun. Which ironically means, it's not as powerful as it could be.

Except now it'll all be about how much better a Thor she was than him in spite of how she barely did anything during her tenure as the wielder of the hammer.

Yup.

Attached: The Mighty Thor (2015-) 705-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.58M)

Mangog can't lift the hammer anyways so he'll be unable to remove himself from the center of the sun so long as his ropes hold.

what?

Hasn't Mjolnir gone to be forged in a star?
I mean, you can throw out "pottery" on it dying there, but it also raises a few questions.

Also, Mjolnir was destroyed in the MCU so...

Sigh I know I'm the only one who rember jms run but I still gotta point out that they should be dying too

His life force is tied directly to the hammer.

Well, the larger issue there is that getting mjolnir would now release Mangog.

>Sup Forums
>reading comics
I would post a reaction image, but that's rude during storytime so just picture Tyrone laughing for 20 eons.

It'll come back eventually. Mjlonir is stronk.

>mjolnir can’t survive the energy output of the sun

This is nice to know for stupid vs fights.

It actually is. I get that you have to pretend that Thor's development into a self hating bitch boy was sensical to push your narrative that Whor isn't terrible, but 'Gor was Right' was forced as hell.

I for one celebrate the death of the golden calf known as jane foster

Fully agreed that the writer is to blame here, I'm mainly just surprised that people focus on JaneThor as the issue so much. I'd have disliked the run as much if the usual Thor had been doing all the stuff JaneThor had been (adjusted to get rid of all the Jane-specific stuff, of course).

Although that said removing the cancer subplots and the 'who is Thor' stuff miiight have helped the decompression a little, I guess.

I feel like Sup Forums would've hated this series less if Jane was a hot blonde amazon waifu the entire time instead of wearing an awful mask