Tfw 36 and making minimum wage

>tfw 36 and making minimum wage
>tfw never made more than minimum wage
>tfw minimum wage in ontario is so low you can't love comfortably

How is it legal to make a wage so low that even working full time you can't afford to eat anything other than ramen and potatoes and eggs? Canada has a serious wage problem because everything here is so expensive

Do you smoke pot or have a criminal record?

Protip: acquire skills and/or experience and get paid more.

You stupid fucking pot smoking hippy faggot LEAF.

>tfw a fucking leaf

Ask your savior Trudeau for more maple bucks..

get a better job then retard

No I don't have a criminal record and I don't smoke pot or do any drugs

We don't even have food stamps here you either work or starve and even when you work full time you can only afford to eat cheap pasta and potatoes

>36
>Still on minimum wage
You're a failure of a human being

Get an apprenticeship in a trade.

You haven't been able to move up at all by age 36? Explain

Side not I really think we should consider range banning Canadians. No contribution. Sad!

>you can't love comfortably

Isn't Canada the best country? What about your progressive policies?

Vote for pro white politicians. The shitskinz are ruining your ability to obtain gainful employment

You should be able to find something good then. Keep a look out for factory jobs, they always hire if you don't do drugs or have a criminal background.

You might find a national parks service interesting if you live near one.

If you were in bc I'd hire you as a cook at 12.50.
I've actually hired 1 person off this board so far

your situation justifies going for a high score an hero

Go to a vocational school for a job that's in high demand, you will get no sympathy from me.

Maybe even an automotive shop; start off changing oil and then move up to more complex stuff.

I do work at a factory there's been a guy there 48 years and he makes 12.80 an hour, canada has horrible wages and disgustingly expensive food and rent

What made everything so expensive??

Also, the more you use your age as an excuse the more you will fall into depression. I have hired new apprentices in their late 40s.

minimum wage

I have no idea my dad worked at a factory when he was 18 until 25 and he owned a house and 2 cars but now wages are so low and cost of living so high that you work at a factory and you're in poverty

Tbh I'm not intelligent enough to be responsible for things like that

Well you might have to force yourself to pay attention a little more, besides I've met some absolute dumbfucks before that know automotive very well.

There are ways to make a better living no matter what.

I've tried but I can't get better employment because I can't drive a car to get to a better workplace, I walk an hour to work everyday even when it's a snow blizzard because I cant drive

I'd be living a lot better off 12.50 an hour than I am now

you must enjoy it because you haven't been inspired to find something better.

There is no better employment where I live unless you're a lawyer or something

I make 1200 a week with no high school diploma
just went to trade school and got a real job

1200 a week is as much as I make in a month, I'd be so wealthy making that that I'd probably have a car

Then learn how to drive

how can you live on just 1200

I can't afford to drive and to even get my license I need a car to drive for the test, they don't supply a car at the driving center

Wtf? I live off of that a month and my rent is 975..... he makes 1200 a WEEK

my rent is only 420 a month

60 hour weeks though

Wtf? Do you live in a cardboard box?

almost the heating costs a shitload,its a 2 bedroom as well

420 for a 2 bedroom? Cheapest I could get was 975 utilities included for a 1 bdrm

>$12.50
Nigga what, I was making that in a pizza shop during high school

>you can't afford to eat anything other than ramen and potatoes and eggs

don't talk shit about ramen, potatoes and eggs.

If you're talking instant ramen check the sodium content of that shit

You got lucky I'm at 11.65 an hour, I started off at 7.80 like 8 years ago

I live off unemployment in America and make (get) more than you.

> (You)
>You got lucky I'm at 11.65 an hour
Nah thats minimum wage here. I though you guys were in some kind of liberal paradise where everything is free?

No we get taxed like crazy here for everything. I think canada is one of the most expensive places to live in the world and the wages are low so not many people can live comfortable

Oh and also get an EBT card (food stamps) that gives me $300 a month. Been living the neet life for about 5 months now, feels good but it needs to end soon. I am becoming a raging alcoholic and mmorpg addict.

Thought about learning a new skill online for free? What are you good at/interested in? Whatever the answer is, learn more about it and turn it into a skill. You can meme your way into a job and learn that skillset once you get hired, too.

> you can't love comfortably

>ontario
Wow how is every faggot from ontario? Fucking pieces of shit does anyone else notice this? Fuck I want to beat the fuck out of these rampant faggots

I asked about food stamps here and in ontario we don't have them, it's pathetic how they let people who work full time live like complete shit and have to live off rice ramen potatoes and eggs

My first job was working at a paki corner store, under the table for $6 (minimum wage was $6.75 at the time) cause I was to young to be hired anywhere else. Awful job. Also, subscribe to my blog.

Buy beans bro

You'd be amazed how many meals you can make with beans

Also growing herbs and spices is super easy (at least in the perpetual summer of Ausland)

>tfw 27 and will probably be minimum wage forever.

No not really I'm not interested in anything and all I want is a job that pays way more but nothing here pays more than 12 an hour. I want like 40 an hour so I can live a normal life but nothing pays even close to that

this episode triggered me

Winter is part of the reason things are so expensive. 50-75% of the year nothing can grow and everything needs to be brought in.

I eat for $75 minimum and thats eating beans and rice for dinner

>I fucked up my life
>Why won't the government give me more handouts to make up for my dismal failure as a human being

lmfao

Go to uni or tafe

I'm 20 and earn $30/h as a maths tutor.

You gotta spend money to make money

Iktf and I'm going to be 37 next month

>tfw my sister's kids make 3x as much as me and drive cars
>tfw one nephew just bought a house and he's 24

Wtf? I'm 20 and i make $21.50 an hour working for the government in a hospital. They hired me on when I was 18, only thing they required was highschool diploma.

>How is it legal to make a wage so low that even working full time you can't afford to eat anything other than ramen and potatoes and eggs? Canada has a serious wage problem because everything here is so expensive

This line of thinking BLOWS my mind. How the fuck do people rationalize "i don't make as much money as i want, i need to blame my WAGE or EMPLOYER, it is their fault!"

I mean fuck

>start a business
>hire someone to do some kind of work
>that person can't afford what they want, IT IS MY FAULT

Fucking blows my mind this mindset

I'm 36 almost 37 and have my high school diploma

>finish university
>16 years of his life training
>receive the same salary as illegal Ravshan loader in shop

I live off 1200 real dollars a month - I make about three times that but I just put it into my 'buy a fucking house someday' fund. Half of it is rent, about a fourth to gas/car/insurance, about 150 for food, and 150 for other expenses like electric and internet and laundry and whatever.

how have you not been promoted to at least an assistant manager if not a manager by now...

store managers make at least 80k with cool perks

also, unironically jump the border and live in the US
altho min wages are slightly lower, living expenses are significantly cheaper from food, rent, phone, etc. (utilities about the same). You can actually live comfortably on min. wage in the US as long as you don't live in a major urban area where rent is high.

Canada is fucked cause prices and rent are jacked up even in the boonies and average wages are low relatively speaking

this country's economy fucking sucks and is propped up on real estate and exploiting lumber, oil, and minerals

You've got to view the world in a relative way.

Back when your dad was working in a factory, the factories in the thirld world were shit tier.

While he was making car engine parts and important things, the pajeets and chinese were farming and making shitty baskets in their factories.

Now the world has changed, their factories are making the car parts and important gizmos.

Back in 2000s maybe you could have made the argument that today's 'software' is yesterdays 'factory' job.. But the pajeets have moved up to that as well.

Now, you have to ask yourself: What is AS different between what my dad was making, and what the pajeets were making back in the 60's/70's; as software is today.

Neural networks! Super fancy things. Your dad's factory job relative to what the third worlders were making...

Is like making neural networks today, while pajeet is still playing with shitty php websites.

So; Get learning. The world is getting more and more complex, and you've got to be ontop of things.

What you're doing now, is like if your father said: Fucking hell those complex factories making car parts!, I can never do that... all i can do is make shitty baskets. My grandfather made baskets all his life and was able to afford 2 goats and a family!.. now pajeets are weaving all the baskets at 1/5th the cost.

Get skilled, and beat the competition. Don't compare yourself to your father from a 50 years ago. Compare yourself to the competition today.

Yeah I have no Idea what I want to do, of there was a tafe course for dentistry or plastic surgeon I'd be on that shit in a heart beat.

Both of my nieces are pretty much destined to end up doctors.
Bad doctors because they're women obviously but financially they'll make more in a year than I will in ten at some point.

>>tfw one nephew just bought a house and he's 24

>just graduated college in may
>70k starting as programmer, promoted from a company i interned for 2 years for shit pay
>make more than most households in my family

protip: programming is pretty easy and no company can find enough good workers

if brought someone to my boss and assured him that the person was a quality programmer, he would hire them instantly

the demand for good software developers is literally insatiable, you dont even need a degree if you are good

People I work with have been there 48 years and make only 1.25 more than me, the top paid guy there makes 12.85 an hour after 48 years

>People I work with have been there 48 years and make only 1.25 more than me, the top paid guy there makes 12.85 an hour after 48 years

do something else for work, idiot

you deserve to make minimum wage clearly

100% if you aren't a dumb cunt (which it sounds like you fucking are) be a sparky. Shit can be hard because of the maths involved but its probs thebest paying physical trade, with the least amount oof physical work.

>36 years old
>minimum wage

You must be a felon, addict, retarded, or, most likely, a lazy sack of shit.

t. Highschool drop out, no formal training, obviously no higher education, making 50k a year.

I was a stupid fucking kid, made incredibly poor decisions. But solely due to my strong work ethic, I make over $20/hr. I'm also a felon, so that's no excuse

I have no clue what programing even is

Your logic doesn't make much sense either buddy

This would work if there wasn't a finite amount of employment. In this case, the supply outweighs the demand meaning the employer has the power to find the employee willing to work for the least. As long as the supply still outweighs the demand this will stay the same, meaning you end up with the unemployed bargaining their wage down and you end up with Chinese tier work standards.

That's obviously part of the fucking problem then, isn't it?

>No not really I'm not interested in anything and all I want is a job that pays way more but nothing here pays more than 12 an hour.

I didn't want to do the bullshit I do but I learned a skill, started taking opportunities and now I make $41k/year. And again, you can meme yourself into a good job, it's just about framing your resume/skills correctly a nailing the interview.

You should have spent the past 16 years acquiring skills so you aren't earning minimum wage.

Bro what province do you live in?

I'm in Alberta and Alberta Health Services jobs start at $16 at the very lowest position, you need to start looking around instead of wasting your time in minimum wage...

Have useful skills and you'll make more

Ontario

I say we just get rid of nukes and have another world war

Can't do that without money

Mate, I know a few electricians and they're all dumb as hell.

>spend an hour searching the job site for scrap copper
>leave new drill behind

It's not even the wages it's fuckng living cost

Back in the day you could buy houses for as much as a barebones new car costs now

>Canada has a serious wage problem because everything here is so expensive

Lol no, everything in Canada is so expensive because your wages are mandated to be so high and you're taxed up the ass for everything.

You need to move to Alberta if the oil economy ever picks up again. Do some fort McMurray garbage, literally anything will increase your wage significantly.

Step One: Read Think and grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

Step Two: Reflect on your life

Step Three: Use the resources in the book to make your future. Read the book everyday for the rest of your life. This book removed my depression and gave me purpose. Really study every chapter.

Find others who are trying to improve. Find someone to be a mentor. To be a leader one must be able to be a follower

Because of this book I actually started achieving things in life.

I'm actually living for a reason. I will actually matter.

>finite employment meme

Your entire argument started with a false premise. There is currently a DEMAND for labor, just not in all sectors. People who only look for jobs in retail, for example, will find there is a massive oversupply in retail workers.

But there is a huge demand for skilled laborers in many fields. See The "labor is not in demand, so wages are down" meme is just a lazy argument that basically assumes workers are too stupid or too lazy to widen their search for employment to other sectors, which is just demeaning to the unemployed.

We have that in straya, fucking gooks nuked the housing market.
Can't buy shit for under 400k

Bastards dumping metals back onto the global market has pretty much ball bagged our mining industry as well so there's no way to fall ass backwards into money working the mines.
>mfw cleaning maids were on 80k a year

You're currently paying for internet service but not using it to acquire marketable skills, which means you have money, you're just wasting it.

Marketable skills you could be learning over the internet:
>auto mechanic
>cooking
>computer programming
>most construction/renovation work
Need I go on?

23, NEET, don't give a fuck, eat steak 3 nights a week living off my mom

This. People make fuckng 6 figures here and still live paycheck to paycheck and have to rent half their house because how high the fuckng taxes are

To be honest when I'm done school I'm probably moving to the US or Russia. I don't give a fuck that the don't have million dollar public art there

The taxes are so high here because we don't have a proper fuckng economy. Over half the people do government jobs or government contracted jobs while the rest pay out the ass for it

Yeah nah I agree most sparkies are fags but if you're 27 and still on minimum you need a direction, and that seems like the easiest option from an outside perspective.

>thinking you would have the skills and intelligence to become a surgeon/dentist if they offered it at tafe

I mean if you're a good sparky you can get upwards of 100k/yr pretty easy in aus. I was making 70 when I was a roofer straight out of high school over there.

>This. People make fuckng 6 figures here and still live paycheck to paycheck and have to rent half their house because how high the fuckng taxes are
Come down here leaf, economy is currently looking up and taxes are low and going to plummet under Trump

Exactly

What needs to happen is a near halt to immigration total ban on rich immigrants and total foreign ownership ban with all foreign owned properties confiscated

Fuck China. We need to blockade the fuckng commies

I know it's fucking retarded they take 120 off each paycheck which if they didnt Id be living fine

I get free wifi from the guy upstairs in the apartment and I don't have a computer I use a phone to post etc online

Yes but I won't be fully done until basically next election. I'd only move there if trump is re elected

How's Texas though? Always thought I'd want to live there if I ever lived in the USA

>How's Texas though? Always thought I'd want to live there if I ever lived in the USA
Great if you want to live somewhere where the average IQ is 80 and you are the first place where borderhoppers land

New England/NY is the only first-world place in America