Would America be a lot more democratic with a 3 party system? Lets say liberal...

Would America be a lot more democratic with a 3 party system? Lets say liberal, republican and some type that is more central.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WE
WUZ
ROYAL
MARINES
N'
BRITISH
N'
SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Daily reminder Canada didn't burn down the white house as Canada didn't exist at the time of the fire...

If you are suggesting Canada is merely a cucked vessel for unwarranted anglo aggression then yes..you have a point

Wow it works.

>someone said something dumb
>gets corrected
Wow! It works!

w/e you say

but what about my question?

I think Libertarian is kind of a central ideology. Economically right, socially left.There are forms of it that aren't autistic. People seem to like it. It could emerge as a legitimate third party over time. It's increased in popularity a lot in the past couple decades.

A lot of people voted for trump just because they hated Hillary, and a lot people voted for Hillary because they hated trump.

Wouldn't a third party help with this problem?

are you crying like in the cartoon?

No one takes the libertarians serious because they are a third party candidate. It would need to be treated as an official party.

No. You know, I voted against banning you guys, but you are what makes Canadians look bad.

Well, no, because that has no effect on the electoral college. Also, there are more than two parties, it's just that the GOP and DNC are by far the largest.

Not really. Even if there are three major candidates, if people hate them all and vote for a fourth party their least favorite of the three major parties might win.

You need instant runoff voting where people can rank their choices, that way people can express that they hate all N major candidates but still order them from least to most hated.

There's been commentary that America has lacked a labour party. The Democrats have kind of played that role, but did not come from the same place as Labour, the NDP, etc, they've only tried to capture some of that vote.

>1776
>independence as a bunch of commonwealths
>"USA"
K

tfw cannot make political discussion without getting called a fucking leaf

That's like saying George Washington, and all American Revolutionists weren't American because the United States of America didn't exist.

The people that burned down the original White House became the direct ancestors of Canadians. They are Canadian.

by labeling the other parties third parties they are never going to be taken seriously

Don't pretend we are truly any less of a two party nation. No 3rd party has ever been elected. It's always been Tories and Grits. But we do have a bit of anarchy, which I like.

The libertarian party is growing.

The NDP won BC before, and they spent us into the hole.

>So many leafs in one thread

LOCK IT DOWN ACTIVATE THE GAS

Isnt turdeau having electoral reform?

So all those Syrians that Trudeau is about to let into Canada soon are Canadian. Gotcha.

No, it's too late. He won't do it. Might not do the marijuana either, although that should be an easy one to pass.

>provincial

The two party system involves how polls are conducted and members of congress are elected.

There are lots of parties in the system, they just have no power because they can't get elected.

So he straight up lied. Lol

Well I guess that sucks for them doesn't it? Do you think we should pass a law outlawing people calling parties "third parties"?

whats so difficult with making official parties instead of calling them third parties?

well, I'd like to see what the marijuana voters think of that one. I didn't give a fuck about your stupid drug. Sure, make it legal, but there's better things to worry about.

Se we're doing this bullshit again. Fan-fucking-tastic

They are official political parties. The government isn't the one calling them "third parties".

The battle is not the war.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812
>military stalemate
>burned the white house

It's a fucking numerical designation, you goober. There's the first two parties, Tories and Grits, and then you get down into the third party, which is the NDP, and the fourth, the Bloc, and the fifth, which is Green.

>get UK to stop harassing them
>get universal recognition for taking on strongest power at the time

And what? Canada stayed a cuck colony.

I didn't say otherwise since I wasn't talking about our system.

Wouldn't a better system would be to have 3 official parties and then have forth party candidates?

>muh white house
>Burning down the physical building where the leader of the country usually lives means we won, r-right guys?
>B...b..tfo!

till we get rid of this cuck liberal. We had a conservative government for a long time before justin.

>military stalemate

>"conservative government"

>get UK to stop harassing them
>get universal recognition for taking on strongest power at the time

I will repeat myself.

>be me
>look up what happened
>Canadians "WE WUZ BURNED DOWN DA WHITE HOUSE"
>point them out that the British Regulars actually did and that the US burned down a bunch of Parliament Buildings in York.
>"fuck off eh!"
God just nuke us.

No.

As long as we have a first past the post system where the candidate with a plurality of the votes wins, we will always have a two party system.

Adding a 3rd party only serves to split the vote of the other party that that third party is closest to, ensuring the party that is politically farthest away from the others wins.

If, for example. you had 9 right wing parties, and one left wing party, the country could overwhelmingly vote for right wing candidates, but the left wing party would win every time.

This is why there will always be only 2 viable parties in this electoral system.

what the hell is an official party?

Steven Harper pissed off all the liberal

Thank you, I was just about to vote to ban you guys too.

desu the Indians lost the War of 1812

Ok, yeah, I liked him.

Canada never burned the white house down.

We where already calling ourselves Canadian.

>Steven

Stephen pissed off more than libs. Thats why he lost

I remember reading fuck Harper graffiti all over the sky train

Yup we had not a lot of options and Trudeau looked good on TV.

The Conservative party will have to find one hell of a fuckwit to not get my automatic vote.

is there anyway we can force an election early?

The soldiers came from England then went back to England after the war. They weren't goddamn Canadians you we wuz-tier dummy

With a third position, we could FINALLY make America great again.

But (((they))) would never allow it. Our political system is the perfect bread and circus to keep us distracted and ignorant, as well as hostile to anything else.

Common to give land grants to active soldiers in those days.

Read a book nigger.

thats because the ferry they bought get destroyed by a random log

hey guys, Australia was a part of the british empire in 1812 so can we claim we burnt down teh white house too?

Not according to Cancuckistan, because Leafs hate Strayans.

aww

feels batman