What is the point of so many townie episodes when the main cast of gem characters are hardly in the show anymore that...

What is the point of so many townie episodes when the main cast of gem characters are hardly in the show anymore that they are practically written out? Why does the crew love to focus on these boring and horrible people that no one likes?

Attached: 73A0052E-C8F6-4819-A25F-EC07908273EE.jpg (1024x1562, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GFLxWOhiPvs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a cartoon for children. And you're getting mad at it. Why?

>its for kids so its an excuse for being shit
You and subhumans like yourself are the problem with society right now

Attached: 602D8A7E-45D6-466C-B327-B22B2624FE1D.jpg (643x763, 82K)

What is the obsession of these SUfags with this artist? Blushmallet is mediocre at best, their anatomy alone is subpar in 90% of all their art. I don't fucking get it, is it a symptom of the artistic direction of SU being shit that they are naturally drawn to other garbage?

You're probably in the wrong place, if you have those kinds of standards.

They don't want to make a show about the gems anymore. For what reason, only the crew can say, but they pretty much just want to make SU into an animated webcomic. Comfy, safe, don't even have to worry about animating action scenes. SU's last good episode was ocean gem. After that, they were going through the motion of an action/adventure show and season four was them finally giving in. Season five is an obligation.

Nobody with an actual brain likes her.

Attached: 1506803415344.png (478x454, 233K)

People masturbate to Shadbase chickenscratch, and suck his dick, yet you're complaining about Blushmallet? Seriously?

>They don't want to make a show about the gems anymore. For what reason, only the crew can say, but they pretty much just want to make SU into an animated webcomic. Comfy, safe, don't even have to worry about animating action scenes. SU's last good episode was ocean gem. After that, they were going through the motion of an action/adventure show and season four was them finally giving in. Season five is an obligation.
Then the crew should be fucking fired because i and everyone else hate their boring quirky OC town characters

Never said they shouldn't, do you think I'm one of the suits at CN or something? I was just giving the most likely scenario.

The point is this.

youtube.com/watch?v=GFLxWOhiPvs

Because the show is attempting to relate to children about the complexities of the adults in their lives, the nature of relationships, and the value of emotional intelligence. It's not trying to be a space opera. It's trying to be a children's show with things for them to consider and remember as they grow up.

Only a tiny fraction of episodes have been exclusively about space opera shenanigans without attendant lessons. Whether you like it or not, the show is very much being exactly what it wants to be and was always intended to be.

So its boring slice of life shit that no one wanted besides the awful writers. Geez, if they want to do these kinds of stories so much why not do it with the gens since those are the characters people want to see more of from the show.

Eh, I'd disagree. Overall it's become what you've said and I'd agree that the show is being what it wants to be. But, at first, it was going for an unfolding plot; not unsimilar to Adventure Time. It's not what it was always intended to be. Battles with corrupt gems, Lapis, the crystal gems fearing homeworld, Steven discovering his powers, too much got built up, at the start, for this to be the end result. It's sad, but R. Sugar lost control of the reins. Either by, herself, giving up or by trying to make her storyboaders happy.

The point of townie episodes, back when the show was airing weekly, was to offer some development for Steven and the side characters and be a source of lighthearted relief after plot-heavy episodes like Mirror/Ocean Gem or The Return/Jailbreak/Full Disclosure.

... now that the show's only airing during planetary alignments or whatever, they don't serve any fucking point and are just a source of frustration for people who are sick of waiting 4, 6, 10 months for the plot to fucking progress.

This is what they've been doing since the show began. I suspect this idea that somehow they've cut away from the interesting things to focus on the "boring" things (which were always the biggest part of the show) comes from the bomb format protracting the period in which the wider universe unfolds.

But, again, this is what the show has always been, and always done. If you're someone who came in at the season 1 two-parter and thought that this was what the show was (as I did), you've had years to recognize otherwise.

I think it's just the bomb format exacerbating disappointment in the pacing. The gems are interesting, and small arcs like what was done with Peridot are ideal. I'm wondering if we aren't going to be having something similar happen in the future with Lars and the Off-Colors. I'm hoping it, anyway; as much as I recognize what the show is being, I do prefer it when it's tying it more to the more outer space elements it has.

what it is is incredibly muddled with many clashing elements. That would be a very strange target to try to hit.

Like when it tries to hype up 'big events' in the chronology and then goes back to disconnected slice of life. What exactly does anyone get out of that?

I doubt there's kids watching this who view it as their ideal show, they just let its failures of execution pass them by and watch it for what they can enjoy of it.

Obviously, most internet fans project relationship drama that doesn't exist in the series.

there's been like 3 townie episodes to 9 gem focused episodes this season, chill

*Like when it tries to hype up 'big events' in the chronology, executes them with a flat fart,

forgot the fart part

>The point of townie episodes, back when the show was airing weekly, was to offer some development for Steven and the side characters and be a source of lighthearted relief after plot-heavy episodes like Mirror/Ocean Gem or The Return/Jailbreak/Full Disclosure.
And i must ask again, why not just focus on the gems more?
>there's been like 3 townie episodes to 9 gem focused episodes this season, chill
But they dont focus on the main cast usually. Pearl has barely done anything this season.

true, but to be fair we did get episodes with the diamonds, that were incredibly plot relevant, introduced a couple of new gems, etc. the main CGs have been pretty lacking in terms of screentime this season, but i think it's a fair tradeoff, and we know we'll get more of them later on anyway.

I dont care about plot if its stupid or focuses on characters i hate like stevoonie. Fuck this show, the lore is bad and the SOL episodes dont feature the characters i like anymore. I miss the days of season 1 and 2.

I think we all do, but it doesn't mean that we can't appreciate the recent stuff, user

Those awful alien designs and stevoonie having facial hair is not something i can appreciate

Considering how limited the show's budget is they shouldn't even waste a single episode on filler
When anime does filler, its trying to slow itself down so the manga catches up. SU doesn't have that, its just wasted time that can be spent on more important episodes

>When anime does filler, its trying to slow itself down so the manga catches up.
Also anime does it much better and actually uses that to focus more on the main characters instead of nobodies

I occasionally forgets that this show exists.

It’s an artist that actually gives steven universe some visual appeal

Attached: 02B48A61-C116-44E5-9418-F5C6B7C683A8.jpg (1024x706, 101K)

Fair point, I'll use that too from now on

Because they can't pay for the voices of the gems. They have budget cuts.

I consider this "Here are the answer" promo as bait now.

The show is called Steven Universe. As long as Steven shows up, is on topic. No matter how much of a cultural washout Steven is.

>Because they can't pay for the voices of the gems. They have budget cuts.
But all of them besides estelle get paid relatively the same, and if they have budget cuts then stop making so many filler eisodes and wasting the money
Nope, the main point of this show was the crystal gems and steven. Steven is a horrible character anyways so without the gems the show becomes pointless to watch now.

Maybe the real reason is.... The whole Gem canon is just "short". I mean they just wing it for a bit and their inspiration and ideas just fizzled away. But as many have said, they have a lot of webcomic background to just do "townie" episodes to fill the gaps.

They only exist as Steven understand them.