Gun to your head, what's your favorite Bamham TAS episode?

Gun to your head, what's your favorite Bamham TAS episode?

Attached: his-silicon-soul.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Fa9aJx6MNb4
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mad love

Growing Pains

Attached: latest.jpg (584x438, 42K)

Beware The Creeper

The Clayface one

how the fuck did they sneak that one past the censors?

house and garden was creepy

Attached: house_and_garden.jpg (400x253, 77K)

It was made in the era when the censors were much more lenient on what was allowed.

Also, F for Annie.

I've got Batman in my basement

>Bamham

Anyway, it's The Man Who Killed Batman, if we're talking original art style. Over The Edge, if we're including all of it.

Attached: BamHam.jpg (550x400, 55K)

The one where Batman finally rapes the Joker

The one where Scarecrow kills Batgirl
Fuck you it's not a dream it's real and awesome and they should have rolled with it and it makes me sad and angry they didn't

Yeah, but even taking that into consideration, there was a lot of really heavy stuff.

Trial is my personal fav

The whole idea is so insane

I even as a kid drew a ripoff comic about Spiderman Man and Green Goblin as a judge

Attached: Trial-13.jpg (560x370, 45K)

Perchance to Dream, I studied lucid dreaming after watching that episode.

Attached: Batman_perchance_to_dream.jpg (259x194, 5K)

The trial followed by the two face origin episodes.

Seconding Perchance to Dream. It's also Kevin Conroy's favorite episode.

>Bruce prepares to jump off a clock tower in a last-ditch effort to escape Mad Hatter's dreamworld.
"You can't do that! You're crazy! You may not wake up if you do!"
"Then I'll see you in your nightmares!"

“A bullet for Bullock” was pretty damn good from what I remember.

I would’ve liked if she at least came out to her dad instead of implying he knew. It made the episode worthless.

the one where the joker gets some beta loser to owe him a favor.
then years later he calls in that favor.
also first appearance of harley.

Also, I think it was the first Joker episode written specifically for Mark Hamill's portrayal instead of him simply filling in for Tim Curry.

Christmas with the Joker

Beware of The Grey Ghost OR Trial. It's hard to pick which one I like over the other but if I did have a gun to my head I guess I would say the Grey Ghost episode.

My favorite, as well.

The one where the Joker sneaks in to a kid's birthday party and it ends with Batman giving a thumbs up.

Gordon please!

Probably similar to how shows like Transformers, Samurai Jack and Tron use the loophole that since the violence is being done to nonhumans that it is a-ok. Annie is a blob of mud, so it doesn't matter what they did to her.

Attached: 1343893295852.gif (470x264, 2.85M)

Perhaps.

Attached: fb220f29b2ba739b349efc33ed9036c981c32ee5.jpg (1366x1355, 94K)

Feat of Clay. No! Joker's favor! Wait, no, Mad Love. Actually, the Trial, wait, can I switch it to Almost Got Him? Just kidding, it's the one where Penguin reforms but I don't remember the name. Also the Two Face episodes with Big Bad Harv

The Clayface episode

>the one where Penguin reforms but I don't remember the name

birds of feather

Also Riddler's Reform is a great one

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>Bamham

This really makes me want to rewatch this show. Where is a good place to get episodes?

This, Feat of Clay and Mudslide are all great. BTAS usually gets praise for what it did for Mr. Freeze but its take on Clayface was also excellent and unlike Freeze he wasn't overused.

Perchance to Dream is what I'd call the best episode.
Almost Got Im is my favorite.

Mad As A Hatter.
As far as I'm concerned the Mad Hatter doesn't exist outside of TAS.

Attached: MaaH_57_-_The_Mad_Hatter.jpg (640x480, 27K)

It's Never Too Late

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Freeze had the exact same amount of appearances as Clayface (+ movie)

Also Clayface's primary motivation (getting revenge on poor man's Norman Osborn) pretty much disappeared after his first appearance

Put the gun away. All you had to do was ask.

Almost Got Him. Without a second thought.

Heart of Ice was kino.

That's my favorite too.

Perchance to Dream is an obvious one for me, but since that one's pretty popular and has been named already, Dreams in Darkness is a close second

Attached: Dreams_in_Darkness-Title_Card.png (333x250, 84K)

"Almost got him"

Attached: btas-almost-got-im-catwoman.jpg (600x350, 17K)

Feats of Clay - the reveal of the whole mystery is done really well, it's one of the best tragic stories of the series, and the animation on Clayface is some of the most fluid, detailed animation I've seen in a western show.

Attached: btas death of clayface.webm (360x288, 2.87M)

The clock king. Something about a regular middle aged dude who's always punctual getting rekt by one harmless comment to take it easy was entertaining. He also gave batman a good fight being surprisingly athletic on those gears.

Attached: Fugate_Clock_King.jpg (486x405, 37K)

I accept death, can't pick one. I love almost every one.

Beware the Grey Ghost. Actually, any of the episodes directed by Kirkland

Fuck, I forgot all about BtGG, can I change my answer?

Honestly for some reason The Laughing Fish still scares me to this day.
There's just something really creepy and off about it that I don't know how to explain.

Attached: Joker Laughing_Fish_Resemblence.jpg (796x598, 36K)

It's almost entirely because of the score.
>Bruce Timm: "When we were spotting the show, I told [composer Shirley Walker] I didn't want the Joker theme in it. I wanted it to sound like a horror movie. Not like an over-the-top, melodramatic Universal horror movie, because most of our scores are already over-the-top, but I wanted it to sound like Alien. ... It's the weirdest score of any of the shows, with this strange, dissonant music behind the Joker that builds a weird tension you're not consciously aware of."

People don't heap enough praise on how absolutely phenomenal were the voice acting (not just from Hamill and Conroy) and music of Batman TAS.

Attached: p2241172894.jpg (600x450, 62K)

Kirkland's direction is one of the more underrated aspects of the show.
He single-handedly made otherwise mediocre episodes like Appointment In Crime Alley or Pretty Poison much more watchable and his direction truly infused TAS with the noir feel many other movies, shows and films often try for and fail

>A good chunk of villains in TAS just wanted to get laid but Batman cockblocked them

This

youtu.be/Fa9aJx6MNb4

Attached: A5085B1D-98DB-4582-BE97-96816A7DE77B.png (333x250, 78K)

probably the original HARDAC episodes. Though that follow up is also 10/10.

have also REALLY loved how they simplified the concept of time dilation for a batman cartoon, blew my mind as a kid.

Fuck if I can remember the name, but when Bruce loses his memories and ends up being enslaved like many other missing Gothamites for some crazy prospector gang.

>instead of implying he knew
It didn't do that.

"You know what I'd have given for a death scene like this? ... Too bad I won't get to read the notices."

I love that line. He just told Batman what he was doing, to his face.

Yes user, I saw that since I only just opened the thread.

This show was my introduction to Pulp and Film Noir. I loved it!

Attached: enhanced_buzz_28233_1359137600_8.jpg (625x472, 96K)

Watched this over and over because the VHS I had only had the first five or so episodes of the show.

Attached: enhanced_buzz_22927_1359137094_10.jpg (625x472, 109K)

Meant to attatch.

Attached: The_Last_Laugh-Title_Card.png (333x250, 66K)

What is it about this show that allowed it to hit so many different genres from thrillers, to noir, to pulp while still maintaining a cohesive atmosphere?

Attached: enhanced_buzz_28424_1359137556_5.jpg (625x469, 90K)

grey ghost

You guys have seen the Mondo prints on sale today and tomorrow? Gorgeous, wish I had the cash to grab a few.

Attached: F5FCDA6A-C504-4886-9A08-32945DE27982.png (768x1024, 328K)

Attached: 69B360B5-3AAC-4317-A260-7A5DED2A212F.png (768x1024, 898K)

Attached: Giligan and the Skipper.webm (640x480, 1.08M)

I used to hate it as a kid but as an adult, I really appreciate the episode where Batman goes undercover to find out why homeless people are going missing. Then he loses his memory and gets sent to work on the homeless slave camp. I find the scene where he recovers his memory and remembers he's Batman very motivating and inspiring now a days.

Attached: things have changed since deregulation.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Beware the Gray Ghost

>I use to admire what the Gray Ghost stood for.
>I'm not the Gray Ghost.
>I can see that now.

Attached: Toys.webm (640x480, 1.75M)

Straight up Kafkaesque.

I still have no idea why the comics never used baby doll. there is so much that can be done with the character for probably a fantastic arc

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

If we showed this episode to Affleck, would it inspire him, or would he be discouraged?

Honestly I thought the Trial was really dissappointing. The idea in itself is great but it packed too many villains in too short of screentime to do anything with them and most characters ended up getting nothing. The set-up doesn't really work either since out of all the characters, Joker and maybe Two-Face are the only ones with any sort of claim that Batman "created them", the rest has never been shown giving the slighest shit. All of them just got homogenized and used to fill up space. Riddler and Scarecrow didn't even get any lines.

It would have been much better if they took inspiration from the storyline where the villains get together to try and figure out which one of them killed Batman and you get all of these characters giving their accounts on their relationship with Batman (in a way that doesn't feel like a rehash of Almost Got Im). You could have Two-Face actually be a prosecutor or maybe even have Bruce pick Harvey as his defender.

I still like the episode for funny individual moments but I really wouldn't say it's one of the better ones.

Attached: trial.jpg (1041x1600, 632K)

Scarecrow's VA couldn't make it due to health problems, I think.

>Killer Moth
Well I'm glad to know he was still taken seriously enough then to be included in the same room as Lex Luthor and Ra's al Ghul and not be treated as a joke

This.

Attached: Manbat and Batman.webm (640x480, 882K)

Feat of Clay: Part 2

Attached: 4869882_l5.jpg (576x432, 21K)

Came to post Almost Got 'Im too. That one is just pure entertainment.

I enjoy the Laughing Fish as just the definitive Joker story, the perfect explanation of the what the Joker is all about and what kind of person he is. It covers pretty much every aspect of his character- the malevolence, the brilliance, the child-like whimsy, the creativity, the Bat-obsession, and how goddamn dangerous he is.

I love it primarily for the animation as well as the obvious well-deserved tribute to Adam West it was. But also, in a sort of meta-level irony, it winds up predicting the role BTAS would play in introducing the idea of Batman to a young generation. It retroactively becomes a tribute to itself in a really cool, non-masturbatory way.

Honestly The Laughing Fish should be the golden standard of what Joker stories ought to aspire to be, instead of The Killing Joke.
And as much as I adore Strange Apparitions as a whole, TAS made Laughing Fish even better by removing the subplots and incorporating parts of the finale of Joker's Five-Way Revenge.
What we got was a godsend as straight-forward and well-crafted as some of Bill Finger's finest stories with the best Joker characterization of all time.
God I love this show.

Attached: joker burgers.jpg (1030x1221, 223K)

This. It's honestly the only one I really remembered in full from when I was a kid. I'm also pretty sure she was the reason I love ribbon chokers so much.

Showdown.

Does anyone have that interesting episode watch order that attempts to give the series a semi-coherent timeline?

Hardly an original choice but its still worth mentioning

Attached: Heart-of-Ice-2.jpg (615x350, 46K)

It's hard to pick a favorite..

Attached: The_Man_Who_Killed_Batman.png (640x480, 207K)

It's absolutely worth mentioning, before Heart of Ice Mr. Freeze was just the Captain Cold of Batman villains with absolutely no personality or backstory other than "I like to freeze things with my freeze gun"

>no mention of "See no Evil"
Fuck all of you.

/myguy/
It sickens me that it took this long for Sup Forums to mention this episode.

Attached: Batman_Mad.gif (288x216, 468K)

Freeze wishes he could be Captain Cold when he grows up.

You're not alone. I felt this episode stuck out for lack of quality. I haven't watched it in many years but I remember even the animation being subpar. It felt very rushed, even as a kid.

I meant he was a version of captain cold if captain cold had no personality.

What episode is this? This picture haunts me

Attached: His_Silicon_Soul-Title_Card.png (333x250, 74K)

Attached: BTAS-Mean-Seasons-featured.jpg (970x545, 105K)

She has a fairly limited gimmick and motivations that don't support a recurring villain. She also doesn't make for a good fight scene. She'd be best for a one or two-shot villain then use her as supporting cast.