Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Since Sup Forums literally can't have anything nice without devolving into Sup Forums tier arguments and drama, I thought I'd start a thread here. I never did watch Mr. Rogers growing up- for no particular reason- and in hindsight I regret it. Definitely one of those shows I'll have my kids watch should I ever have any.

youtu.be/HV_kxc9PxrQ

Attached: mister_rogers_feature_2_1050x700.jpg (1050x700, 555K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=azxMCI2oicg
youtube.com/watch?v=4a2472Frwkg
youtube.com/watch?v=5G5qtWG5oO8
youtube.com/watch?v=wMbXNi6YRrw
youtube.com/watch?v=6lwXS0G0doU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not going to lie but the trailer made me a little emotional. I'm eager to see the film itself.

This and Reading Rainbow were my jam.

Same. Spent a lot of time at my grandma's watching PBS, pretty much the only decent time in my childhood. Makes me a little teary just thinking about it

I remember this.
youtube.com/watch?v=azxMCI2oicg

In Buddhist mythology, there are supposedly individuals who have transcended the cycle of rebirth, but elect to return to the mortal coil anyway in order to help lift others out of the mire.

Fred Rogers is, to me, one of the best arguments that they might be on to something.

Link to those Sup Forums threads? I need something to laugh at.

I don't think there was ever a more decent man on TV. Seriously, I can't find any dirt on him at all.

Was this the greatest crossover of all time?
I mean it crossed over the iron curtain at the height of cold war tension!

youtube.com/watch?v=4a2472Frwkg

Attached: Mister Rogers in Moscow.jpg (360x240, 28K)

FUCK YOU Sup Forums I'M NOT CRYING, YOU ARE.

Attached: Cri!!.gif (350x184, 625K)

>ywn jack some unlucky shmoe's car, find out later that it belongs to Mr.Roger and then return with an apology letter and a full tank of gas
It hurts

Yeah, it's genuinely mind-boggling. You see him and everything he did and think "there's no possible way anyone can be that good of a person" but we really have no choice but to conclude that he was the real deal.

he was a shitty soy libcuck who made the current soyboys

More buzzwords please.

Attached: 1515034956531.jpg (492x820, 127K)

That's how I want it to be until I die.

The world will never have another Fred Rogers. And thats a damn shame.

I loved this show as a kid and I still do to this day :') By the way, does Daniel Tiger hold up the legacy of Mr. Rogers?

Attached: MV5BMjM5Mjg4NzEyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDY3NjMwMjE@._V1_UY268_CR147,0,182,268_AL_[1].jpg (182x268, 17K)

Too good for our world.

I approve. Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood had puppets, so it's Sup Forums.

You can't know that boco, I have to believe.

Attached: 56786576e78i7.jpg (970x545, 57K)

I really hope you're wrong Boco, really hope you're wrong

since this is a Mister Rogers thread I'm not even going to tell you to shut up, since that wouldn't be what he'd want of us

What if you cloned Mr. Rodgers and raised the clone by having him mainline episodes of Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood. 24/7. Then you had that clone Mr. Rodgers write and direct his own show.

Would it be twice as good as the original show?

He'd believe that you should always be honest with your feelings.

You're a good person user, and if you think I should shut up, then thats just fine.

No, he'd believe that you should be honest with your feelings while also respecting other people and their feelings.

It's true. I loved the story about how his car got stolen, and when the thieves realized it was Rogers car, not only did they return it, but filled up the gas and offered to fix any repairs for it.

No.

You can't manufacutre that kind of thing.

Nah. Ever see 'The Boys From Brazil'?

True.

Don't forget the time Congress was going to cut funding to public television. He went to them, gave a heartfelt speech, and when it was over they decided to DOUBLE the budget instead.

well I was more referencing the thing where whenever you post people always tell you to shut up(or worse)

exactly

mr.rogers was an assassin in Vietnam, hes chriss lee level epic

mr.rogers posts are welcome on all boards new firend

Attached: 800px-Christopher_Lee_at_the_Berlin_International_Film_Festival_2013.jpg (800x1200, 172K)

As a Presbyterian he would probably disagree, but it's a nice sentiment m

Attached: 1332270268228.jpg (726x506, 204K)

Is there any good person left in this world whose name will not be dragged through the mud?

unironically kill yourself

>mr.rogers was an assassin in Vietnam
That's a myth

There's plenty of decent people in the world.

You're thinking of Bob Ross.

Mr Rogers taught us that all of us can be as good and compassionate as he is. It's not too late for any of us.

Remember to treat others with love and respect, anons. It's true that there won't ever be another Fred Rogers in the world, but we can all be people he would be proud of. I'm sure he'd already be proud of you.

Air Force drill sergeant.
He taught them how to properly sit in wheely chairs.

John Cena is a pretty upstanding guy all things considered

>Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.

Not remotely the same level as Mr. Rodgers. I bet John Cena poops like a normal person.

thats not how mr. rogers would want you to act

It's not even funny this time

Shame about his rumored money troubles.

Ever see his instagram?

Oh god, I think I'm gonna cry. Him with the little disabled kid was just... fuck man, I wish I could have that level of kindness and optimist.

That's not true. There could always be another Fred Rogers to teach kids their special and how to make the world a better place. Why it could be you, or you, or you.

This is the one negative thing I have against Mr. Rogers, and it's not even directed at him so much as people who talk about him. Saying something like "That's not what Mister Rogers would want you to say" or "You're not being the person Mister Rogers knows you can be" goes against what Mister Rogers was about, because you're essentially guilting the person you're talking to into shutting up. Mister Rogers taught us that we need to approach negativity with positivity, and to try and understand our fellow human beings. Saying "Mister Rogers knew you could be better than this" is impersonal, like you actually don't care and you just want to have the final moral upper hand against the person you're talking to.

We can all be more like Mister Rogers, but we can't do so if our response to negativity is to use his name as a weapon.

I don't know. I had a pretty good laugh at everyone who called out the Sup Forumstards. Anybody that disses Rogers deserves ridicule.

Money troubles doesn't make you a bad person. It just means life fucking sucks

Fred Rogers was too pure for this cruel world. The man went out of his way to show how loving and compassionate we can all be towards each other, instead here we are on a Vietnamese basket weaving forum arguing about trivial bullshit while the world goes to shit. Breaks my heart, it does.

>Not remotely the same level as Mr. Rodgers.
well of course not, I just meant that he's an example of a celebrity who is legitimately a nice person in real lie

haven't really heard about those(and that seems surprising considering he still sells tons of merch)

nope

Mr. Rogers: the name you never use in vain.

Mr. Rogers wasn't a celebrity who happened to be nice. To put it simply, niceness and general human decency was his thing.

If Fred Rogers was Catholic, he would be a saint.

Isn't Catholicism just a branch of Christianity though?

No it bad

I saw the movie at the beginning of the month.

Ask me anything. Bonus points if you know what film festival it was at.

This isn't Sup Forums

But I'll be damned if the trailer didn't make me feel that some people on this world are just worth protecting.

Attached: 1474179671232.png (386x443, 95K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5G5qtWG5oO8

>Reading Rainbow

My man!

i cant help but wonder.... what he would think of the inter net culture we have here.

he'd probably be fine till he saw the first dick girl slime monster hentia pic.

puppetry is literally a form of animation

Actually yes. Christianity is the overall belief in 'Christ' so it includes Catholicism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and Protestants.

That being said; Mr. Rogers is a saint to all religions from here to Timbuktu.

Black Dynamite tried making him into a joke villain and you STILL rooted for him in the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=wMbXNi6YRrw

Attached: MrRogersBlackDynamite.jpg (600x400, 40K)

Well yeah but the movies a documentary of a man and his show, and the puppets were a portion of the show, not the main focus or element.

You're on Sup Forums...

>can't have anything nice without devolving into Sup Forums tier arguments and drama
Sorry, we've got that epidemic in here as well.

Mr. Rogers was a good man. To be honest, I thought his show was pretty boring when I used to watch it, but I never disliked his style.

Gold.

Attached: 1459262727275.jpg (517x768, 331K)

Mr Rogers followed the rules.
You're breaking them, faggot.
This isn't a cartoon or a comic.

A few years ago i dropped out of college-This was during a period in which i had a bout of depression that saw me not leaving my bed for days at a time. I was coming off the greatest summer of my life, and in between losing contact with a childhood friend and incredible weight loss, i was spiraling, making terrible decisions and generally damaging the lives of my friends who cared about me. Through all this, my friend Cammy was there with me, trying to help me get through it. I did some stupid stuff, really pushed everyone away-stop responding to messages from anyone, cammy included.

A few months later, i get a Skype message, its cammy. She's just saying how she misses me, and is thinking about dropping out of college herself. We start a call and end up watching episodes of Mr Rogers Neighborhood together, syncing up our starting the episodes so we saw the same parts together. Er just sat, in comfortable silence, watching mr rogers be the kind of person he wanted us all to be, until sunrise.

We never talked again after that, and from drug abuse i had had difficulty rememberig even her name until recently- but Cammy did it, she graduated college. Im proud of her, she came from a bad background. Thats one of my cherished memories, though i dont always remember it

Sorry for the rant, anons. Life can be damn tough, but It wasn't in that moment. Im glad we get a chance to share Fred Rogers with one another. I love you all and wish you all find it in yourselves to make each day a beautiful day in your neighborhood

He'd probably say that the fetishes aren't for him, but he understands that everyone is different and likes different things.

Then he defends Sup Forums users and says that everyone has a good heart, they just need a little help and a good friend to help them when they feel like hurting others, because they're just hurting on the inside themselves.

>"You know, children, it's important to be nice to everyone, even the people who try to make us sad. Because sometimes they deserve the most kind words of all. Maybe because they're sad, confused, and the only way they know how to interact is to make someone else feel bad too. That's why I'm so nice to Seaking. Because maybe one day he'll realize the world isn't such a bad place, and maybe call me friend. After all, the ocean is big enough for both of us to play in."

Attached: White Ray's Neighborhood.png (723x441, 105K)

new friend, it sounds like you need a neighbor.

Attached: Mr_Rodgers.jpg (215x415, 17K)

Oh wow. Sup Forums posters is really are human beans.

As for Mister Rogers, I never learned about him until I turned 20. Shame, really, he looked like a really decent host.

First it was Wander over Yonder, now Mr. Rogers to show me not all of you are terrible human beings.

Why no Mr.Roger/Superman crossover?

Attached: 4757j7655575.jpg (319x358, 34K)

that's really nice, user

Cherish those memories... and make some more while you're at it!

wow, it's fucking worse than Sup Forums

Reminder that live-action belongs on Sup Forums. Report and hide live-action threads for a cleaner Sup Forums!

Attached: JANNU.gif (500x545, 285K)

The guy that does the "Life with Kurami" comic is a pretty strong contender though. Dude just wants to make comfy comics and make people smile, he's as close to a modern Mr. Rogers as you can get.

Attached: 16124249_200683597065889_637838394763771904_n.jpg (640x360, 48K)

Sup Forums had their thread, and they blew it.

This is will never fail to make me laugh.
youtube.com/watch?v=6lwXS0G0doU

And Mr Wizard was my show growing up.

I think he's the only man to ever earn 20 million dollars in 5 minutes

I know it's not in the spirit of Mr. Rogers but you need to fuck off. I wouldn't let Mr. Rogers live like a destructive slob in my house for several years and Sup Forums doesn't belong here either in the same token, because that's what it is to the board. Please delete your thread and fuck off.

that doesn't mean it gets to be here man. I'll be civil because it's Mr. Rogers but that does not belong here. Sup Forums not being able to handle it is the exact reason why this can't be here, Sup Forums posters are cancer and all live action should be banned

>they immediately start arguing about homosexuality
What did we do to fall so far from God's light? Mr. Rogers tried to show us we can be better, and we squandered that opportunity. Now we must wait for the ice cold grip of life to release us so that we may enter the warm embrace of death, where we can all be Mr. Rogers neighbors.

Attached: 01.png (710x835, 510K)

>derailed with the first post
Yeah that’s pretty much in line with the Sup Forums of today

Attached: IMG_2337.jpg (370x322, 27K)

Shut up, boco.

Despite all their shortcomings, Sup Forums are our neighbors. They may be sad, bad or mad people, but they still deserve some kindness.
And if one of them comes here, nicely asking to say, we should welcome him. He is our neighbor after all.
In fact, I raise a motion that Mr Rodgers should be relevant on every board, be it Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums or /vp/.

Attached: wp_ss_20180322_0001.png (653x489, 287K)

Stop making my eyes wet user please

Wow didn't know about this. Fred helped shape my childhood. I gotta see this. He was such a good man and helped so many children (and adults). He is welcome on any board I'm browsing.

Some times the kindest thing you can do for someone is to end their suffering.

Two years ago I finally realized that I needed to pet my dog to sleep. He had spent those last few months in pain, but I didn't want to let go. We had good times together and I didn't want that to end, but eventually I realized that they were already behind us, and that in truth I was just dragging things out in a vain attempt to hold on to something that was already gone.

I miss him, but it would have been wrong to put him through any more pain.

I watched an episode. It told kids that when you don't get your way, that you should angrily stomp your feet three times on the ground to vent your frustrations. It's a piece of shit.

I never knew how much I wanted this to really exist as a comic.

No, you cannot treat vast memetic concepts like humans. Encouraging any type of live action encourages other live action, this very thread is strong proof of that. Sup Forums users literally see this board as their backup board, clearly. Rogers obviously didn't believe in killing himself to be neighborly to others, otherwise he would have donated all his organs to other people. In this same token we need to shun all of Sup Forums as to not kill ourselves.

What the hell. You realize this is Mr. Rogers you're talking about.

Every board, and every person, would do well to welcome him and his message of kindness love, and acceptance into their heart.

And even if you're not biased or if you're not convinced by that, the land of make believe was puppets, that's just as Sup Forums as muppets.

Mr. Rogers is Sup Forums user.

there was that time he flipped off a bunch of kids