What are some cartoons where the protagonist never wins?

What are some cartoons where the protagonist never wins?

Attached: 1507640139292.png (540x1036, 1.08M)

>cartoon

Here we fucking go

Attached: 1521658720299.gif (227x221, 980K)

>Only League win is at the Kanto equivalent of Minor League Baseball.

He is getting better, if anything, we should complain about him NOT FUCKING CATCHING' EM ALL

Every villain show.

He's been 10 years old for 50 years!

Well he's 10 years old, his accomplishments are pretty impressive for someone of that age. The fuck were you doing at age 10? Not entering and placing high in tournaments, I bet.

Attached: 1475889962856.jpg (439x330, 17K)

ash is so fucking dumb, its like he cant learn any thing

It's impossible at this point.
There's a thousand of the fuckers.

How many different types he has now?
20?
30?
Always i see, he don't even bother to catch pokemons, unless it's the start of a season.

I haven't seen that show since Johto. What did I miss?

They should have had Ash move into the older mentor role with Unova and had a new main character. And you know, allow Ash to age.

Ash losing.

I want somebody to ask Ash how long he's been on his journey.

I'm still surprised he didn't win in Kalos. It was the 20th anniversary of Pokemon. Didn't his loss piss off a lot of people?

user he's been doing this for years

ash is a manchild

Reminder that during the Kanto season, Ash states it's been one year since his journey started.

At 10 I was the Pokemon League Champion

How long has he been 10 years old, huh? How many pokeleagues has he competed in? He's just a second rate loser who'll never make it big and the series counts on this fact.

>Hoenn
Ash lost the league to Meowth in Boots

>Sinnoh
Ash got his ass kicked by some madman who bought a fucking Darkrai and a Latios to the league

>Unova
Ash lost to a dumbass who didn't know he had to bring six Pokemon to a league battle

>Kalos
Ash unlocked some ancient prophecy power boost shit with his new frog Greninja, only for said frog to get OHKO'd by a Mega Charizard's Blast Burn, even after Pikachu hit him with two Thunderbolts

Pokemon's anime is NOT that kind of show. Pokemon's anime is all about being a commercial. For that you don't need to age your character or anything you just need to stay marketable and since Pokemon is for kids Ash stays a child forever. Pokemon will never end until KIDS stop buying into it and no longer care.

>Ash got his ass kicked by some madman who bought a fucking Darkrai and a Latios to the league
This is the most insane one. Literally no one* else in the Pokemon anime has caught a legendary, but then this guy comes out of fucking nowhere with not one, but TWO legendaries, and kicks Ash's ass. I bet the four Pokemon of his we didn't see were like a Lugia, a Groudon, a Deoxys, and a fucking Celebi.

*- There was that one Frontier Brain that had an Articuno fight for him, but that was a wild Pokemon he was friends with.

There was the one guy that had the three regi's too. I'm pretty sure those count

>tfw beat kanto league at 8

Attached: 729 Brionne.png (342x192, 78K)

Ah yes, I forgot about that. At the very least, him and the Articuno guy were both Frontier Brains. The guy Ash fought was some random dude who somehow got ahold of at least two legendaries.

Samurai Jack

All things considered, Ash's victories are respectable for a kid who's not even 15. In the anime canon, most adult men are derelicts and vagrants because they failed their pokemon journeys and have too much shame to go home. The anime Pokemon world actually has a deficit of educated, responsible men, which is why women are most of the world's doctors, law enforcement, etc.

Yeah, ash hasn't ben champion yet, but think about all those people older than him who he beat out, or will never compete in another league. think of all the people who will never make it to a league at all.

>we got Ash always doing the same shit instead of different protagonists
I know it would never work but I can dream

Attached: fa08a356d59a879541962094c5dbb1c1.png (700x1641, 1.2M)

>Ashnime

To be fair the Sinnoh and Kalos losses were utter bullshit and Ash should have won those straight up

>Sinnoh: Literal Who shows up out of nowhere and thrashes the entire league with only his legendary Darkrai until he gets to Ash. Ash beats the Uber Darkrai and guess what, turns out Literal Who's entire fucking team is legendaries. Ash is basically the only one who puts up a fight (taking down two of his legendary pokemon) then he goes on to thrash the finals with just Darkrai.

>Kalos: Uber Mega Grenninja of Prophecy somehow loses to Gary Stu Mega Charizard because plot (seriously this one made no sense)

Meh at least Ash saved the fucking world on more than one occasion

Attached: lincoln.gif (250x192, 97K)

It will never not be too soon.

No future friends.

>Meh at least Ash saved the fucking world on more than one occasion
At least more than one of those occasions is non Cannon.

Fuck Sinnoh's ending. They legit just made up a character set up to own everyone. With the other trainers that beat Ash, at least they had a personality and backstory, but this guy is just some literal who with legendaries because why not who curbstomps the whole league and is never referenced again. They don't even explain how he got said legendaries. That would've actually been interesting. Which sucks because the Sinnoh league up to that point was amazing. Ash used a lot of his old 'mons, had a great fight with Paul, and was shown to be really competent up to that point.

>Cannon
>pokemon
not a single person gives a fuck about pokemon canon.

its fucking pokemon

Its kind of shame too since if I recall right Ash actually used his head during Sinnoh and played smart only to lose to literal plot hax

>pokemon is maxed out and overpowered
>ash gives it away

EVERY FUCKING TIME

>Ash even studied the hax Legendary trainer by getting his Heracross to learn Sleep Talk and attack Darkrai with a Guts boosted Megahorn
>still wasn't enough

Attached: turnhead.png (323x360, 184K)

How would pick related react when finding out that Serena kissed Ash

Attached: 164769_1328736235863_full.jpg (542x414, 24K)

Ash a shit

Attached: AWOO.gif (540x342, 525K)

This!

Attached: Results.png (458x595, 416K)

Gary fucking sucked.

Ash is canonically above champion-tier (above the champions from the games)

hmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: Trip's_snivy.png (542x316, 246K)

BW was the worst pokemon series of all time and should be forgotten

Attached: BWash.jpg (3476x2880, 1.44M)

Nigga, I was champion of the Pokemon League at 8. Ash needs to step his fucking game up.

He was so fucking close

It was frustrating as hell

at least he actually caught pokemon
unlike in kalos

Attached: uno.png (806x448, 426K)

Adventure Time

Japanese cartoons are cartoons. Also he didn't say it was an example.

He bothered evolving half of them too

Ash should really train birds, he seems to have a knack at it.

while from a Watsonian perspective Ash is indeed a pretty decent trainer all things considered(indeed he's probably in the top 10 percentile of trainers who aren't Gym Leaders or in other Pokemon League positions), from a Doylist one, especially when compared to the franchise as a whole he comes off as amazingly mediocre;

>he pretty much only won against Lieutenant Surge, Koga, and Blaine legitimately, and two of them only because he attempted multiple times and with Koga partially because of Team Rocket's interference
>the rest of his Kanto badges were given to him, except for the Earth Badge, but that hardly counts since he was fighting Jessie & James instead of Giovanni
>he's only caught a relative handful of Pokemon(especially if we only count one of his Taurus herd), and has made the cardinal sin of releasing his Pokemon multiple times, reducing that number even more(admittedly this is still more than most people in the anime ever catch, indeed someone having a full 6 Pokemon team, let alone more than that is extremely rare in general)

Which is a shame cause that battle was ash at his best

>Ash is constantly shown as a good trainer and still loses the league
>Red is constantly shown as a shit trainer in Origins and still wins the league

it's not fair bros

Attached: origins red.webm (400x236, 2.59M)

>Caught a Primape that's powerful
>Only uses it once after catching it in a fighting tournament
>Wins tournament
>Gives it to the guy he beat so he can "train it to be a champion in something it just proved"
Why is Ash so dumb?

>that jolteon at the end

LMFAO

>Chokemeister vs someone who learns from mistakes