JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

Quarterly #1

Attached: 000.jpg (1326x2038, 371K)

Hi thread!!

I haven’t had internet for days until literally like 10 minutes ago

Holy crap what a great cover

what's good today

also, Cranky, I bought NieR but I'm not digging into it until I'm running on more than 2 hours of sleep and I have another day off

Attached: 001.jpg (1304x2023, 338K)

Aaayyyy thread
We meme'd Cowan back into DC

Earth One GL was pretty good.

Youngblood is crappy again.

it's like foundational Vertigo style

for once we didn't monkeypaw ourselves to fuck

Attached: 002.jpg (1334x2045, 338K)

Attached: 003.jpg (1312x2038, 368K)

Hello, Storyteller.

A wise decision. It would suck if you missed anything.

hnng this manly Vic

I'm also going to try to play it completely blind/no walkthroughs/no spoilers

Attached: 004.jpg (1275x2030, 310K)

Attached: 005.jpg (1312x2030, 333K)

Attached: 006.jpg (1275x2045, 340K)

Sue Storm is, objectively, a bad wife.

well how are you owls

Attached: 007.jpg (1304x2045, 333K)

it's like riding a bicycle!

not you :(

Attached: 008.jpg (1312x2038, 310K)

Pretty good.
You OP?

>I'm also going to try to play it completely blind/no walkthroughs/no spoilers
I tend to dislike the whole no spoilers attitude, but in this case, it should be interesting to see how you react to certain stuff. The main characters, for example. And no, that's not a spoiler, it's clear from the beginning that the leads are... complicated.

not sleeping, mostly hurting

Attached: 009.jpg (1304x2030, 279K)

The OG or Automata?

I gotta say, the lead chick design is...way, way too weeb for me, but I'm not gonna judge just off that, but who am I kidding I judge fucking anyone who fights in heels like that

automata, it was 30bux

Attached: 010.jpg (1312x2030, 297K)

also nice fucking trips, Cranky

Attached: 011.jpg (1304x2016, 261K)

But Cowan sucks in the modern day.

Orlando is bringing back Bad Samaritan. Who the hell forced everyone at DC to read Batman and the Outsiders?

I fucking hate all these stupid Sup Forums, Twitter screencaps, political shit and console war threads
It's all baiting and retarded posts all day

lol, go look up Kaine from the first one. These are High Weeb games OP.

Fine, except for the eczema flare up. Well, that and today's issue of Justice League.

Behold, I, the Cranky user. Lamest of the Dread Lords, eternal plaything of the Dark Powers of Ravenloft, damned to forever suffer in watching my favorite superhero get shat on. Also, relatively minor case of atopic dermatitis.

Sup Forums has gotten meaner and shittier thanks to the Sup Forums and Sup Forums crossborders.

Rucka used him in Checkmate, so there's a throughline

true, true, it's not like I didn't have my weeb phase

Attached: 012.jpg (1326x2045, 302K)

Imagine, being married to a woman like Sue Storm.

You're walking if your wife and suddenly a random thug starts to mock you, threats to beat you and tries to force himself on your wife. Nothing bad happens because you are smart, but the awful situation still happened.

Then one day you go back home after work and your wife is talking about not being sure who she loves more, you or the thug she barely knows that tried to kill you for no reason.

This is what a married life with Sue Storm feels like.

That's just Sup Forums and it definitely hasn't gotten any meaner. It's just a different bent of shitposter. Blame moot for fucking off and selling out, if anyone.

this, in fact, feels very kin to manga but I'm not sure what, you know?

Attached: 013.jpg (1275x2008, 255K)

God I love Sue Storm. Namor, too.

>have Question volumes 2-6
>volume 1 is $200

one day...

I am reminded of some 80s to early 90s crime manga. Or something older like Lady Snowblood.

There's actually a ton of manga I am/was into getting animated adaptations recently, really feels like I'm reliving my teen weeb phase. Like Vinland Saga is getting an anime, that was a troll image on Sup Forums for years.

Sue is definitely one of my top Marvel waifus

Tiresias, dammit

he also got turned into a woman and answered the question of "who likes sex more"

yeah, definitely older stuff

oh shit I read that for a while

Attached: 014.jpg (1282x2030, 274K)

>Namor, too.
Of course he does. He is the thug.

That will be the day DC decides to reprint the series.

Yeah, directed by Yoko Taro, developed by Platinum, and published by Square Enix. Automata is very Japanese. But not in that, honestly kind of obnoxious way where it's all about Japanese culture and history. No, it's more in the "why anime is awesome" kind of Japanese.

>gettin' handsy with Vic

Attached: 015.jpg (1304x2038, 329K)

>Well, that and today's issue of Justice League.
How was Brave and the Bold?

or the day I get drunk browsing Amazon

don't get me wrong, I love me some ridiculous FF character designs, I'm just not at all into gothic lolis

Attached: 016.jpg (1319x2023, 293K)

oh man be careful doing that, been there...

Attached: 017.jpg (1304x2023, 310K)

All I read today was:
>Brave and the Bold
Some of the best art that's ever been in a Wondie book (which is saying something), writing is kind of bland but Sharpie really likes the character and actually does Batman in a surprisingly classic way to boot
So far it hits my fondness for very slow stories focused on excessively detailed world-building but I don't think most people will like it as much as I do

>Justice League
This really picked up at the Flash in Space issue. I normally hate "dude superheroes are gay because they don't fight real world problems dude lmao" stories that think they're being super clever and I don't think Priest is saying anything particularly insightful or interesting in this book (sometimes venturing into cringe territory with the Fan), but this is also well-executed and fun to read
And of course Red Lion is always a treat to read from Priest

What was wrong with Diana in this issue? I found her pretty in-character here. Went immediately to comfort the kids before anything else, focused on helping the non-combatants. What happens at the end I hope doesn't take her out of the story, but I kind of prefer that to writing her out of character to avoid making her a bigger part in the philosophical debate between Superman, Cyborg and the Fan

I really dig VS. Past the prologue it gets really into the tragedy of violent living and how that can't really be meshed with peaceful and/or Christian principles. It's still weeb as all hell though, there's a skinny edgy spear dude kicking everyone's ass at present.

But they also did like Houseki no Kuni just there which is trippy as fuck and unpredictable and another one I really like. And Golden Kamui is coming up too.

Yeah, lots of older series getting adaptions or remakes.

My desire to play through Jaws of Hakkon is warring with my knowledge that gaming is just going to lead to more pain tonight

Attached: 018.jpg (1275x2008, 284K)

What did you buy OP?

Attached: 019.jpg (1297x2038, 327K)

And even when she forgets the thug, there's also the problem of the "black friend".

Your "black friend" that called you and your wife to spend a time in his house. The "black friend" is quite handsome. He is rich, too. Charming. Good thing you trust your wife, huh.

Then the "black friend" shows you his collection of rare books, and while you are distracted admiring it, your wife and your "black friend" went to take a nice, long bathe together behind your back.

This is being married to Sue Storm.

I see Vic has embraced his essential shirtless nature.

it's not an issue of Q if he doesn't do shirtless yoga

wool dryer balls and some tropical plants

Attached: 020.jpg (1304x2052, 305K)

King Faraday needs to get outta Suicide squad and back to spy work.

Can we sigil an Elseworlds/Mature line Marvel comic where Reed genuinely has a cuckold fetish? Can we hire Mark Millar to write it?

was the colorist watching Apocalypse Now while he was doing this

Ricky D was just trying to tell him to get more naked all along.

Attached: 021.jpg (1290x2016, 258K)

You haven't seen his most recent art in that Star Wars comic, have you?

>Can we sigil an Elseworlds/Mature line Marvel comic where Reed genuinely has a cuckold fetish?
It's called "Marvel 616".

It was alright. Not very substantial, but fine.

It was nice to see Alfred getting to do something.

Fair enough, gothic lolita fashion isn't for everyone.

Yeah, I get that, but it's more like "Really? Really, Priest?". It's more obnoxious and eye rolling than offensive.

damn, that's a lot of fragile fishnet

Attached: 022.jpg (1312x2038, 343K)

>Sharpie really likes the character
I like that she hasn't taken her sword out to threaten people in the last two issues, and that she is acting a mediator. Her reasoning for involving Bruce in this is a little weak, but his name does sell, and is deeply connected to "Brave and the Bold." He's a regular detective, and a magical detective would be the better option. That said, I can't see a team-up with Constantine going too well, and main DCU Constantine isn't exactly a big draw these days.
The art is very nice, though a little fucky at parts.

Cowan really went hard on abstraction in this one

non-Vertigo Constantine just feels like a walking reminder that he'll never be as good as Hellblazer

no pants for Vic

Attached: 023.jpg (1297x2067, 294K)

The back of that guy's neck must be getting very smelly

And your mom didn't go hard enough on the abortion for you.

I still chuckle quietly to myself at HECKBLAZER

Attached: 024.jpg (1282x2030, 346K)

>ees moch better
You're telling me

that escalated quickly

If anything I'm getting more eurocomic vibes than manga ones.

Attached: 025.jpg (1290x2030, 298K)

Corto Maltese, maybe?

Attached: 026.jpg (1304x2023, 321K)

I think I'm going to storytime "City of Demons" in a few days because that's the subtitle of the new animated series season, even though I think they are adapting "All His Engines" for it.
Tynion and Doyle were aware of that too

Attached: Constantine - The Hellblazer (2015-) 002-020.jpg (529x845, 156K)

that font drives me fucking crazy because I can read Greek

Attached: 027.jpg (1326x2030, 297K)

I’m still kicking myself for not getting a used copy for $50.

it's like the 2 Fast 2 Furious of Greek

Attached: 028.jpg (1282x2030, 296K)

Question's low budgetness is why I love him

EL BLOTTO

Attached: 029.jpg (1297x2016, 256K)

So, that Puerto Rico relief comic. That's a thing. A fairly depressing thing, but a thing.

I did not knot that Rosario Dawson writes comics sometimes. That is also a thing. Fuckin what?

>COCAINE?

Attached: 030.jpg (1297x2052, 300K)

> Ivy turns good in today's Batman
> Ivyleague pretends they saw it coming all along

I'm so tired I don't even have the energy to go lol at the Ivy League

Attached: 031.jpg (1312x2045, 235K)

>the new animated series
why hadn't I heard about this

Mrs Rockso

>Ivy turns good
... Seriously? What a fuckin crock.

Attached: 032.jpg (1304x2052, 303K)

Unfortunately it's one of those little CW ones, meaning that the entire "season" of it will be ~30 minutes.
I know no one cares in these threads, but he's apparently joining the LoT crew full time if they get renewed.

Not just that it absolves her of blame for the dudes she killed in the Joker/Riddler war by revealing that it was the Riddler all along who killed them, not her.

Crazy Jane?

Attached: 033.jpg (1319x2045, 310K)

Angel Love shoutout, love that comic

Attached: 034.jpg (1290x2030, 324K)

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
OP I SAW YOU ON THE STREETS TODAY
YOUR'E FUCKIN DEAD KIDDO

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE YOU FUCKING ROASTIE

>IVY DINDU NUFFIN!
... Sigh. Y'know, tho whole trend of villains becoming heroes wouldn't be so annoying if wasn't so transparently only being done to the super popular ones.

Where's Giganta's redemption arc, DC? Fucking wankers.

Attached: 035.jpg (1319x2038, 379K)

...this is oddly reminiscent of Ostrander Manhunter

Attached: 036.jpg (1312x2045, 361K)