Hypercrisis is real

Hypercrisis is real.

Attached: IMG_5919.jpg (750x384, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/39119-dc-comics-june-2018-solicitations.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is the future johns choose for dc

Why do people hire bendis?
How are people in any position of power oblivious to the amount of disdain he gets? I just dont understand.

He's just not a good writer, at all.

Says the kissless virgin NEET who spends all his day shitposting on a Taiwanese ice chewing picture forum.

I’m giving Bendis a chance and he’s on Twitter baiting people.

Come on man.

People actually like him. His shit doesn't sell great with casuals anymore, but it still sells okay and contrary to what people seem to think, a lot of writers and artists actually like the guy.

Yeah but its "just okay.tm" casuals are bored of him, he's a meme writer and Superman/supersons is getting great write ups and allright sales atm, he's not *needed* for lack of a better word.

Im just wondering why it happened, its just baffeling to me since he seems like a cunt I wouldnt count on nepotism.

>skinny

He's not needed, sure. But it's a big deal for DC to be able to say they have one of Marvel's most influential writers (for better or worse) from the last decade.

To put on their literal flagship title? It seems like marketing autism to me instead of anybody with a brain managing product.

Having bendis is fine, but he's a idiot with weird fetishes, slap him on an obscure title and have him work up, especially one thats small that you need a big name to sell.
God this is defintly marketing autists who thought it was a good idea at surface level.

>the absolute state of the micronesian paper folding board when the writer of superman is openly trolling them

This is the future DC choose for their comics.

I hope they have fun with their brand dying soon.

Attached: 1519150815794.jpg (1024x819, 406K)

>their literal flagship title
King's still on Batman though.

does that make grant superman?

>lexcorp t-shirt
They make those?

He use to be famous/popular. Nowadays he’s even thrown away even good will with casuals/normies.

Being sickly isn't the same thing as skinny, Brian.

I think I'll sit this run out.

I really wish DC had just given Bendis like 5 out of continuity books for him to do what he wished.

Just make a new universe or whatever with Batman, Supes, JL, and whatever other two books he wants.

Don't want him shitting up the main universe for almost 2 decades.

Shut up benis, Don't you have more characters to turn gay or cucks?

>Taiwanese ice chewing picture forum

I always laugh at the anons who take all this extra effort to appear glib and dismissive of Sup Forums as they post on it.

He probably has social capital in the industry. Knows someone who helps him get in.

Honestly the customers always right. If the books doesn't sale because people don't like the writer than it's enough to say he sucks and shouldn't be hired.

I feel reluctant to give him a chance on condition he doesn't get rid of Clark's marriage and Superboy.

Batman and JL are flighship titles, action and superman are not.

Didio hired Benis behind Johns' back

Attached: benis2.png (1920x1080, 795K)

I thought Morrison was Lex Luthor.

There are three rules for working in the comic book industry.
>be easy to work with
>be on deadline
>be good
If you have 2/3 you get work, if you have 3/3 you're a star. Bendis obviously has the first 2, in fact he's a throwback. He can do several books a month and stay in good standing with editorial, even while getting sick as fuck. For a long time the masses thought his work was good, and this made him a star. His popularity has faded but his name is still big enough to draw in readers and make a splash. It's not shocking as to why he still gets work.

Then who is Superman?

That's the joke user... Are you okay?

>what is projection

>The Empty Hand was Bendis all along

Attached: 1470886889563.jpg (960x720, 60K)

Attached: 1520454695724.png (1200x1518, 1.66M)

Henry Cavill is literally Superman of Earth Prime.

Anyone who reads comics is the Empty Hand, user. Bendis, me, (You).

At least he's not writing babyhugger stark and reeeereeee any more. What a joke.

>Bendis
>reads comics

He has to read what he's writing.

Attached: Bendis Luthor.jpg (1024x1343, 700K)

I have zero problems with Bendis, I like a lot of his stuff. This board has a hatebonner for the guy, and sometimes the criticism is spot on, but most of time is just a really obvious "i hate it because its popular" bandwagon.

he literally does not

>I have zero problems with Bendis, I like a lot of his stuff.

Attached: 1496524938768.gif (400x225, 2.03M)

You assume that he will last a year.

There's probably a reason WHY Doomsday Clock is being delayed so it ends next year: so Geoff can let Bendis self-fucking-destruct and he can wipe out his entire run as not being canon complete with Dr Manhattan being turned into a Bendis stand-in who Superman (the Geoff Johns stand-in) punches to death for "fucking with the Man of Steel".

Superman is not a flagship title. It has been a containment title for shitty writers.

Attached: bendis.jpg (362x596, 79K)

Connections go a long way. Reason why Marvel and DC both have been shit for long periods of time is when editors prefer shitty writer friends over good writers that are not their friends.

Who exactly are they leaving out? I personally think they need to be doing more aggressive talent searching but there really is no one in the industry that isn't being utilized. Maybe they should be throwing money at people like Mignola or Stokoe, maybe they should try to lock down Michelle Fiffe on some of the stuff he likes to riff on, but really the industry is not all that stacked right now.

>DOESNT get rid of his Marriage and son...
Bruv have you READ the solicits?
6 issues of the "Man of Steel" discovering "whats happened to his wife and son" that will shake him to the core."

newsarama.com/39119-dc-comics-june-2018-solicitations.html

Attached: TRIGGERED.jpg (190x200, 7K)

Don't insult Lexxie like that

Lex will have black daughter

Attached: Sacrifice.png (967x644, 1.03M)

That's a script, and once he gets the paycheck for it, it leaves his mind entirely. He is famour for not knowing his own continuity.

>slap him on an obscure title and have him work up, especially one thats small that you need a big name to sell.

Part of the reason Bendis went to DC is because they offered Superman. Why would Bendis jump ship if he was only given a five issue Rainbow Rider mini -series type jobs?

Why are DC always so slow on the uptake? Do they still think Bendis is still a hot name or something? His name is poison.

>As if SexyLexie would ever be caught dead in corporate swag

>be Benis
>Doomsday Clock has Lois in #1
>who cares
>tell editors to fuck off, they listen, cause I'm their new superstar
>kill off Lois
>Doomsday Clock is now an alternate universe story
>mfw

Attached: hpabfgy.jpg (570x905, 209K)

>wasn't quite smug enough to use ;) instead
He has a foggy inkling of the fact that people hate him, but seems to believe it's due to him being a badboy contrarian, instead of the actual reason that is his inability to write with competence.

Attached: brian-michael-bendis.jpg (970x545, 50K)

Attached: Bendis Loredo.jpg (1500x844, 567K)

>Superman sacrificed himself so Marvel could live
truly the greatest saga

Attached: main-qimg-5a330919429d4fae325f9251713ebc20.png (602x784, 974K)

Yeah.

>I'm not like these other fags here, I just choose to hang out with them.

>Didio never met Benis
>Johns has been cited as the mastermind behind Rebirth and hiring people like Lobdell and Dixon
>Johns is best friends with Benis
Yup, put the blame on Didio. Cereal autist is innocent.

Attached: Didio3.jpg (168x257, 27K)

>implying it's a definitly means that they are dead
>trusting comic clickbait
I mean, it's Bendis, but it might be his type of story when it's literally nothing.

it's fine, here's some thoughts to help you sleep tonight:

>dan jurgens, john byrne and louise simonson time and time again(since the 80s) has tried to alter his relationships only to return to the status quo because of draconian editors
>doomsday clock, a 1 year from now preview of the timeline still has lois and clark together

lastly, wouldn't you love a story that dangles arguably one the best aspects that current superman readers love? The measure of a hero is tested with the things he love the most.

What, like Lois just took Jon and went to stay at her mothers while Clark deals with Rogol Zaar's machinations? Would Bendis really drag that "mystery" out for six issues?

>there really is no one in the industry that isn't being utilized
Marvel has refused to hire Michelinie for years now because he's """too old""".

More like mid-life crisis

This, I feel DC is going full meta on us because we love to complain how superman stories are always predictable and how much we love the superfam

This may actually be the worst twitter post I've seen on here.

Bendis said it himself that Didio offered him the Superman line.

Yes, well, Superman isn't a good character at all so it balances out.

Attached: Darkseid_Dan_Turpin_001.jpg (768x971, 141K)

I bet you honestly think that was clever.

>I said it again, Mommy, hahahaha

Then how do they justify giving Conway work?

Contrary to Sup Forums's overinflated sense of ego, we're the minority and no one cares what we think.

>>doomsday clock, a 1 year from now preview of the timeline still has lois and clark together
you desperate wedding fags keep bringing this up even though it's clear no one at DC cares about that story except Geoff Johns at this point.

Jon and Superman's marriage is DiDio's baby

Did they ever confirm whether or not that CBR interview was faked?

Sorry Brian, but the mainstream has finally caught up to Sup Forums on this one. He doesn't move the needle at all anymore and his books experience heinous #1-#2 drops because even though he's on big titles creating new characters for them people don't give a shit about his writing.

>Geoff Johns
Oh you mean a C-Suite player at the company? yea that holds noooo sway at all.