Tfw even Ruby-Spears didn't fuck it up this much

>tfw even Ruby-Spears didn't fuck it up this much

Attached: DY1m-bfUMAAPVFY.jpg orig.jpg%20orig.jpg (983x290, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x4l-_RsrnwE
youtube.com/watch?v=81J17OnBZ_g
youtu.be/tfoeasCeh44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why not call him Rock?

Sgt. Night?

I hope he's just a tease villain leading up to Dr. Wily's debut.

>as he strives to balance life as an ordinary robot boy AND an amazing superhero
Enough of this shit.

Attached: 2016-07-07_01-19-54.png (382x450, 155K)

It's made by the fuck who made Ben 10. Are you surprised?

If they want to do the High School angle again make a new entry in the battle network timeline.

Attached: 04446d955572aa9f9c2d9f9669e387e2b6024968_hq.jpg (1024x768, 120K)

So did they merge Dr. Light with Mega Man or something?

CGI shows are too expensive to have a bait and switch villain that would cost too much to create extra models. At best he's for another season.

Light is probably his dad.

Ben 10 was actually good though

So, it's gonna be garbage. Good to know. I already planned on avoiding the show but this cements it.

President Lincoln is disappointed

Attached: Abraham_Lincoln_November_1863.jpg (1332x1644, 494K)

>Sgt. Night

Attached: 1458113372062.png (308x285, 57K)

Chase is a good boy. No bully.

Attached: Chase's Creed.gif (500x160, 1.9M)

Ruby-Spears Mega had his problems sure, but at least he wouldn't let President Lincoln down.

As far as i'm concerned this is the only Megaman that matters.

I wonder how the inevitable video game adaptation will be received.

how is this any more heretical than when he was a computer program partnered to a normal human teenager whose name was literally a reference to the internet?

so how come some shows can mess around with canon and get loved but some has to stick with it no matter what?

Because Battle Network was an actual spin off

It had Wily as the main antagonist.

There's a difference between "messing around with canon" and "completely disregarding it".

Because this is a cartoon based off of the original games and is intended to portray the same character with some changes.
That was a cartoon based off of a spin-off game portraying a whole new character who shares a similar name.

Just like how a Megaman Legends cartoon would be accepted, and holy shit I didn't realize how much I wanted one until now

And this isn't because...? Megaman has a dozen incarnations. And, frankly, Astroboy ripoff classic style Megaman is the least interesting and has the least cartoon potential.

and... this isn't a spin off?

sometimes

The Battle Network Anime was based off the Battle Network games, and was faithful to those games.

This show is based of the classic Mega Man games, and it sure as hell isn't faithful.

it's as much an adaptation of the original games as the BN games are

It would be like making a movie starring The Avengers where they're highschool students trying to balance being a hero and getting laid. It doesn't make sense.
However a movie based on Marvel Zombies would make sense.

Megaman EXE started out as The Battle Network games series created by Kaiji Inafune; the creator of Megaman, and they expanded that into a cartoon. This is just taking the property and changing it into what they want to.

But the Battle Network games weren't MEANT to be an adaptation of Megaman. They were their entire own universe. They were a spin-off. People would have been pissed if Battle Network were released as "Megaman 9". This IS supposed to be an adaptation of Megaman.

I mean, they literally made a mobile game about that Avengers concept

except the getting laid part

the only difference between this and Battle Network is lack of a unique subtitle

Do you not understand the difference between something that was trying to be completely different from the source material made in house by the same company, and something that's supposed to be an adaptation of the source material by a third party who've decided to shape it into their own thing.

Also, Battle Network was actually good.

>But the Battle Network games weren't MEANT to be an adaptation of Megaman. They were their entire own universe. They were a spin-off. People would have been pissed if Battle Network were released as "Megaman 9". This IS supposed to be an adaptation of Megaman.

in the same way that stuff like Sonic Boom is, I guess

It's not like they're cancelling Mega Man and doing this instead. Mega Man 11 is still coming out.

So basically you're saying if one of the half-dozen names behind the original Mega Man series has something to do with it then it it's valid, but otherwise it makes no sense?

I'm just going to dismiss that logic because it's stupid. I guess Mega Man Legends is just as nonsensical. Kind of seems to me like taking the property and changing it into what they want is just what Mega Man IS and has been since X.

You know what makes it Mega Man? The fact that he looks like Mega Man, is called Mega Man, and is published by Capcom.

Even without the Mega Man aspect of it, this doesn't seem like it'll be a very good show.

>Do you not understand the difference between something that was trying to be completely different from the source material made in house by the same company, and something that's supposed to be an adaptation of the source material by a third party who've decided to shape it into their own thing.

do ya have any idea how licensing works? Man of Action didn't just sneak into Capcom, steal the rights, and go rogue. They were hired for their previous work and they made a pitch that Capcom would have had to approve to even get this far.

>Make one series that’s a hit and gets shitpns of spin-offs and merchandise
>Spend the rest of your career trying to recapture lightning in a bottle at whatever the cost, even using other properties as stepping stones to do so
Suprised no, but i am disappointed.

Attached: 0051C4C9-1A4E-4BF3-9306-42063D2CF6BF.jpg (400x666, 59K)

How do you feel we're probably get short shirted a proper entry in the Megaman series in the future once they try to make a game based on this and it's a complete fucking disaster like Sonic Boom?

so its basically like the Astro Boy cgi movie?

Ben 10 did very little of trying to find any sort of balance with his normal life. Through most of the show and especially in the later series, he was a hero full time and hated ordinary life shit.

If they do make a game based on this, I'll ignore it. Megaman 11 is where I'm betting my hopes.

Megaman Legends makes sense because it's an alternate universe. That Megaman isn't meant to be the same Megaman who fought Wily. This is meant to be the same character. They should either make it an entirely new thing and stop pretending like it's an adaptation of the original story, or show respect for the source material.

Mega Man 11 is still coming out

Wow, and guess what! This isn't a game published by Capcom! It's a cartoon being produced by Man of Action and aired on Cartoon Network! Are you going to argue the legitimacy of Captain N Mega Man next?

This isn't just some new Mega Man spinoff, its a CARTOON ADAPTATION of the ORIGINAL MEGA MAN. Hell, pretty much everything except Battle Network and Star Force Megaman are in the same timeline as original Mega Man anyways, even Legends.

But you're arguing the legitimacy of something that's supposed to be the classic mega man, and only isn't because Man of Action, not Capcom, decided not to make it that, and make a bunch of arbitrary changes for the worse.

I almost wrote a script for this show. His classmate Roll was gonna get a pirated version of the Mega Man protocol and fight alongside him, but go berserk when malware it was embedded with activates. She'd get a W on her forehead and horns and shoulder things and a beam saber but eventually stop because she doesn't want to hurt Aki.
MoA told me I was trying too hard, "It's just a kids show, man!" and I wrote the picnic episode instead. I think I'm quitting writing. That was the most soul-crushing experience of my life.

Yes, but I'd prefer no future entries giving homage to this.

It's like the Pac-Man game based on the cartoon that no one fucking remembers.

>Megaman Legends makes sense because it's an alternate universe.
The official canon claims that Legends happens thousands of years after the Classic/X/Zero/ZX timeline, though I really think it's better off as an AU like Battle Network is.

If Astro Boy had a tiny Astro Boy living in his head that turned him into Astro Boy, then yes.

Did you not hear about Mega Man 11? Also Sonic Boom was made by a different Studio anyhow, it didn't impact the release of other Sonic Games. If they make a game based on the cartoon it'll probably be by the people who do all of Man of Action's other licensed Cartoons, not Capcom.

Legends isn't an alternate universe though, it's just at the end of the Mega Man timeline.

Wait, but in Legends it says that Roll chose Megaman's name based off of one of her favorite video game characters. They even show some shots from the old cartoon on a TV in Legends 2.

Just think. We could have gotten a cartoon based off of Legends instead of this.

Megaman's name is actually Rock in the japanese localization and his original form is Rockman Trigger.

Welcome to the wonderful world of game localization.

I thought his name was Hippopotamus.

>Just think. We could have gotten a cartoon based off of Legends instead of this.

yes

they were totally gonna make a cartoon based on a spin off that's been defunct for over a decade

Man I love Legends.

Attached: 1279202373935.png (222x211, 4K)

Given Japan's love for the Dorombo Gang archetype and how they play up the Bonne Family in the exact same way as them, it is a bit of a missed opportunity.

Attached: doro.jpg (363x361, 89K)

Well yeah I assumed his name in the Japanese version would have been Rockman in the Japanese version just like in the main series, but wouldn't he still have been named after Rockman from Roll's video games?

Yeah, but Legends has a decent story that would adapt well into a cartoon, and a great world for them to explore. There's like a whole two dozen people who absolutely love Legends. Just let me dream man...

His name was just Rock.

"Rockman" is a title, not a name.

To be honest, the Legends storyline is so disconnected from everything else in the franchise that it really has no logical way to be connected to the other games.

OK, but does that not mean he was still in-universe named after the video game character Rockman, or was that pulled out of the localization team's ass?

I actually thought that was pretty retarded as well, so take that if you will

This doesn't sound as bad as Nu-Reboot, but it is still an abomination.

I would think there's no in-universe reason as to why Roll would name him Rock, so I'm going with "pulled out the ass".

The show wasn't bad even if it diverged from the game too much.
They abused the "since they are not humans..." clause very well.
youtube.com/watch?v=x4l-_RsrnwE
youtube.com/watch?v=81J17OnBZ_g

>Aki Light
>Sgt. Night

>A Zero reference.

If this is true, I like you.

Also I've got no faith in MoA when they fail to include the actual fucking Mega Man villian in their cartoon

>no Dr. Wily
>"well maybe they thought calling the goodguy Dr. LIGHT and the badguy Dr. WILY was too on the nose for modern sensibilities."
>Sgt. Night
>literally LIGHT vs. NIGHT

for fuck sake

Damn haven't seen that piece of art in years....wish I could go back and see it all new again....

Attached: 91f.jpg (550x366, 60K)

Kelly and Casey are usually better than this.

>Clever reinterpretation of the original premise in the context of something relatively new (the information age) vs throwing out most of the core elements for derivative cliches.

You may as well ask why people like Spider-Man 2099 but think Mangaverse Peter's book sucked.

If you're not bullshitting, you went in WAY too hard.

Don't give up, user. You can still write fun things. Just be smart about it.

Thank God Mega Man 11 is coming out this year.

As someone who enjoys video games and video game accessories and storytimes of pain, my standards are really fucking low.

It's not like the early games needed that much of a plot to work.

I'm going to give this a shot.

That said, this looks like an absolute trainwreck. Like almost dragonball evolution kind of bad. Why the fuck would they pay for the megaman licence if they're not going to actually use anything from it outside some blue pants?

>And, frankly, Astroboy ripoff classic style Megaman is the least interesting and has the least cartoon potential.

Wrong.

youtu.be/tfoeasCeh44

>astroboy setting
>no cartoon potential

Mega Man taking some pages from Astro Boy is fine to a point.

At least when Astro Boy went to school, it wasn't a framing device for every single episode which is probably going to be the case here.

>ripoff
aka "nobody is allowed to make anything that even remotely resembles anything else, ever."

"Aki Light"
I stopped there

Because Battle Network is great.

> the Legends storyline is so disconnected from everything else in the franchise that it really has no logical way to be connected to the other games.
Heck no, it's easy; just set it thousands of years after anything else. Humans have gone extinct and the world is populated by a kind of advanced robot, after all.

>Aki Light
jesus
>Sgt. Night
Who the fuck?
>robot schoolboy
No.
>strives to balance life as an ordinary robot boy AND an amazing superhero
Nnnno.

>They even had this scene were Tron's mecha explodes in goofy fashion and for a moment she isn't aware that her nude body is now fully exposed to MegaMan.
Shit dude, you were right.

wait a minute... that setting....

Attached: 1253197564698.jpg (500x740, 205K)

Well...at least there’s no Mini Mega? Maybe?

>The show wasn't bad
Now that's a damn lie.

It started out passable and gravitated toward inane during the tournament arc. By the time "virtual zones" or whatever they were called were introduced all hope had been lost.

>robots and humans coexisting peacefully
>main character transforms into Mega Man
Reminds me a bit of Mega Man ZX

>More "muh teen hero balancing school with fights"
>Sgt. Night

I hate this so much.

That was so far away from the original that you can either look at it as its own thing or just ignore it (which I do). This is too much of a "based on the original" show but making it trash.

This sounds like a re-make of that one series where the kid turns into Mega Man because of like a dragon ghost or something

Mega Man XJ9 when?

Star Force, and it was actually an alien dragon ghost made out of soundwaves

Mr. President, you and I are of the same accord.
That Avengers analogy made me throw up in my mouth a little. Especially as I can see the Mouse doing it.

Just without the dystopia.
Now I know where I have heard this premise before!

Jesus that would’ve been neat