What are some great Superman stories that aren't origin stories or elseworlds?

What are some great Superman stories that aren't origin stories or elseworlds?

Attached: superman.png (288x384, 117K)

What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?

Attached: Manchester Black.jpg (480x604, 47K)

What's So Funny About Truth Justice And The American Way.

Brainiac, Last Son and New Krypton makes for a fun read.

Attached: Superman_Up_Up_and_Away_TP.jpg (400x600, 157K)

I guess I should have also included that I've already read WSFATJAW and For the Man Who Has Everything, since those are the others that always get recommended

Supreme by Alan Moore.
Not a Superman story but still a good read.

Well in that case there's always Superman Adventures, which is based off the animated series and has a few good stories, and Adventures of Superman #15 had this neat story which was a Iron Giant tribute

Attached: Iron Giant Superman 15.jpg (1920x1476, 617K)

Attached: image.jpg (1000x799, 591K)

Mark millar Run, Buseik run,Superman and shazam the first thunder, Loeb run and infinite city

Attached: 250px-Itsabirdcover.jpg (250x375, 32K)

Time and Time again and the story where he becomes a gladiator on war world

Bump

Attached: image.jpg (500x489, 201K)

>Distant Fires
No.

Replace that shit with "Escape from Bizzaro World"

Up, Up, and Away is excellent.

I read this and the beginning parts were really good, but by the end it just turned into another "I have to punch the bad guy really hard" story

Anything Jurgens. Particularly from the 90s. Or Byrne.

Escape from Bizarro World, actually pretty much all of Geoff Johns Superman run was great

Attached: 4DF1B82C-97BD-41B8-A52C-05DF3C70D2A0.jpg (467x694, 106K)

Johns' Superman run is one of those runs that people say is great, but when you look at the individual stories it doesn't hold up. Secret Origin was just a worse Birthright, Escape from Bizarro World had fun Bizarro moments but overall was just ok, Up Up and Away falls flat towards the end, and New Krypton was just bad.

>Black Ring
>Lex Luthor, the Man of Steel
>Reign of the Supermen
>Up, Up and Away

are sure is issue 15?

How good is peace on earth? got the change to buy it but i want to know if is worth it?

Not him but in its original format of separated parts it starts between like issue 43 or 46

thanks

Was storytimed here and became one of my favorites.

Attached: Superman_Strength_Vol_1_1.jpg (300x456, 24K)

It's my favorite Superman story. Can't really say much about it without spoiling it and the message, but it's very good.

Final Crisis

It’s not everbodies cup of tea but I think it was a good blend of The Silver and Modern age and had a lot great character moments that were rather heartbreaking

Superman Beyond: Final Crisis

Attached: 1496614351945.jpg (573x654, 190K)

He said good stories, not a spergfest about The Authority

Hugely underrated story.

Attached: Under a Yellow Sun.jpg (822x1280, 100K)

Emperor Joker

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 11.36.22 PM.png (416x618, 454K)

Pretty much the entire Geoff Johns run on Action Comics.

Yeah, this list sucks.

>Secret Origin was just a worse Birthright

Birthright is one of the worst Superman stories ever published. There's a reason is wasn't made canon. It's fucking irredeemable trash where Waid was trying to turn Superman into himself and project his own ideals onto the character. No story has ever missed the point of Superman more than that shit pile.

The fact that Johns is the best Superman has to offer says a lot

How do you see this? I'm no Waid fan, but I found Birthright really enjoyable and quite moving, in the end.

I know you say no elseworlds, but the Smallville Season 11 is fantastic.

Attached: Smallville - Continuity 010 (2014) (Digital-Empire)001.jpg (1988x1528, 781K)

The fucking problem is that OP says "no origins" and "no out of continuity stories". That eliminates half the fucking Superman stories ever.

And Geoff Johns is a solid writer. Eat shit, faggot.

>I haven't actually read any in continuity Superman stories but I feel my opinions are so valuable I should just spew them anyways
Seriously just fuck off. Read some comics, then come back.

Anything by Otto Binder or Elliot S! Maggin, anything with Curt Swan on pencils.

Escape from Bizarro World is great, I agree about everything else though

No it doesn't there have literally been ~1600 issues in continuity that aren't origins between Superman and Action Comics alone. I'm far from an anti-johnsfag but he's far from the best the title has had. He's not even the best in this century, wouldn't even put him in the top 3.

I've read "For Tomorrow." It was pretty, but trash. I've read at least part of JMS's Grounded. It was ALSO trash, and stole its good moments from Morrison's All Star. I've read Men of Tomorrow - that was fun, but nothing super deep, and n52 continuity was really painful. I read Lois and Clark (the Jurgens/Weeks miniseries leading to the Rebirth series). It was fun, great art, but didn't really do much more than kill time until Rebirth. I've read a good chunk of Rebirth Superman. It's comfy, but not much more (except when Gleason is drawing, then it's also really pretty.)

Superman and the Legion of Superheros by Johns is goat.

The Power Within by Roger Stern and Curt Swan

Okay so you've read a tiny bit of trash. Go read some Binder.