I make a killing driving uber

The gig economy has had its ups and downs but I've found my niche in driving uber.

I can do five of these short downtown trips in an hour, gross $30 ($20/hr net cash after taxes/expenses), and drive less than 10 miles.

Any other anons hustle uber?

This is so far tonight on 45 miles driven.

>car is too old to be an uber driver

Ripperoni

Is it worth the wear & tear on you car though? I'm mildly interested in the idea but have heard conflicting opinions. Also, cab driver is a bottom-of-the-barrel shit job. Is this really any better? And using your own car to boot?

If your car is under warranty (most new cars have 5 years now), then you're paying for regular servicing regardless of actual usage.

Even if you drove 2 miles, you would still be required to get a major service at the time intervals the manufacturer specifies (usually 12 months, sometimes 6).

So basically, it's not going to really cost you anything other than maybe replacing tires sooner, or a slightly lower resale value on your car. But if you don't drive a lot anyway (like I do) you could end up ahead quite a bit.

I have a 9-5 day job and uber is a side gig. I do it about 20 hours a week in the evenings and steadily clear $25/hr (but $15/hr after taxes & expenses). My car has been paid for for a long time, cheap to run and maintain, and has 180k miles on it.

It's paid for itself twice over the past 3 years and 80,000 miles. I've always had a side job going and I figure this is the best option as compared to waiting tables, bartending, or stocking shelves. And I'm good at it and like doing it.

>No one wants to hire the guy trying to make ends meet in the worn out 1999 Buick LaSabre

The car has to be less than 10 years old, but you'll still see some 2007-2010 clunkers.

I drive a lifted truck
Leather heated seats

should I drive faggots around in my beautiful baby?

its also a 2016 and its paid off i got the 7 year warranty

How is this anything to do with POLITICS?

Reported

If it has four doors, sure, but only if you drive in LA, SF, Chicago, NYC or DC.

>driving around drunks in my 60k car for pocket change

No thanks I'll stick to my real job

its four doors

and i live in an american state

so no I dont live in any of those shit holes

tfw making 1k+ weekly driving for uber

life is good

>94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Maybe I can make an uber service for driving up rivers.

Uber is in court constantly over its business practices, regulations, and its poor background checks.

Uber is currently threatening to leave the entire state of Maryland due to fingerprint background checks, like they already did in Austin, TX.

Yeah, I've noticed shitloads of off topic threads lately, i'm convinced the shills have changed tactic. Drown the board in shit and weaken its powerbase.

I wouldn't do it. Everyone that ubers in a small city loses money. The per mile rate can be as low as 50ยข.

ITT: People spending their time doing low-skill labor that will soon be completely automated out of the economy.

When you have to submit your resume for a job in five years, how will you leverage this to your advantage?

"I know how to drive a car from point A to point B."
"I can tell the difference between red and green traffic lights."
"I know how to follow directions from a computer GPS system."

"Um, user, we have computers that can do all of those things, and they never get fatigued, need bathroom or sleep breaks, or healthcare."

Seriously, if you're not learning another skill on the side and you spend all day driving for Uber, you are only delaying your inevitable obsolescence.

That being said, I do appreciate the people who drive for car sharing services when they have a clean car, maybe some water bottles, and they don't talk my fucking ear off about inane nonsense. Keep it professional.

But seriously, you'll never be able to scale "knows how to drive a car" into a profitable venture.

I wish I had the energy to do this, but I just don't have enough time to get 40 hours a week. 30 is about my max. Good $300+ days in cash are sweet.

Can you refuse to pick up people after you see them?

People who drive uber full-time with no real plans for the future are idiots. This is at the bottom of the job skills totem pole. People who have a steady day job and hustle uber as a sidegig on nights and weekends are making decent money for the time spent.

Also, people who buy a brand new car to drive uber are total idiots...it's a guaranteed way to lose money. I started ubering with 100k miles already on my still nice enough car.

tfw when you own a 1994 Buick Lesabre

Weekend mornings are always busy and no drunks, just walks of shame.

>"Um, user, we have computers that can do all of those things, and they never get fatigued, need bathroom or sleep breaks, or healthcare."
implying cars wont break down all the time

Yes, I have done this a time or two. Once someone was actively puking as I pulled up..NOPE, once was 5 giant people who were going to make for an unpleasant ride if they attempted to squeeze in.

Mechanic is going to be a top job of the future. The mass-produced automobile was the 20th century's greatest invention. The autonomous car called on demand will the the 21st's

The only transferable skills are customer service related (which are also low-paying jobs). You're getting people where they need to go while sitting two feet from then the whole time. You become a better people-person with the forced practice.

>add miles to car
>therefore increase engine, transmission, clutch, brake pads and tyre wear while at the same time reducing the overall resale price of the car
its not gonna cost you anything goy! come slave for us while we get 20% of what the customer pays just for setting up a fucking website