Let's Not Be Skeletons should have ended with Gil selling his Skeleton Remotes to Darrell/Boxman

Let's Not Be Skeletons should have ended with Gil selling his Skeleton Remotes to Darrell/Boxman.

Attached: He Even Calls It A Death-Ray.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/oHgW15RAsi/?taken-by=ianjq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It should have ended with the congresswoman laughing at the idea of listening to a constituent

Also good.

I'm honestly kinda surprised it didn't end with him getting hoist by his own petard and turned into a skeleton himself

It shouldn't have been made. Amateurish, ham fisted, and naive attempt at making a gun control story. Set in a world where armed robots and superhumans are common.

It should've ended with KO shooting up the plaza while tears stream down his face and then a hard cut to black.

It being silly is what makes it all in good fun.
Like how in King Julien they use scorpions.

Attached: scorps.webm (720x403, 2.05M)

The difference between this and ko is that they're not saying guns are necessarily bad, just that they aren't the way to deal with this situation

Attached: ed.png (350x400, 550K)

That would have been pretty funny, but maybe a bit too fucked-up for the target audience.

Attached: Enid's Boogers.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

and that clip actually seemed pretty funny, unlike the entire episode of OK KO.

Missed the original threads, how hard was Sup Forums sperging out over the episode?

I didn't see a thread about it until now.

It should have turned into a racism episode. They did it for kapas, why not akeletons?

you could at least watch the episode before forming your opinion on it. It was all a kid's dream.

OF FUCKING COURSE IT SEEMED PRETTY FUNNY, THAT SHIT WASN'T TRYING TO PUSH A POLITICAL OPINION IT WAS JUST SIMPLE FUN

Attached: HotchieMotchie.png (457x383, 281K)

doesn't matter
it's still shit

A political opinion I disagree with*

whatever user.

I will use my magical crystal ball to foresee the future of this thread:

This thread will have no political discussion. It will not devolve into off topic discussion. This thread will also be of only the highest quality discussion.

Didn’t you watch the episode? The dream was a psychic vision of the future.

I hope you die writhing in a pool of blood protecting your shitty weapons.

It was a kid's dream, but ended with the Skeleton Remotes being real, outlawed instantly, and will probably never be seen or heard from again. Reaffirming the completely deluded fantasy that if guns were made illegal they'd all just disappear.

Yeah, the last part was pretty weird. Not sure what they were going for with that.

guns are just no fun. Or maybe humans are just too damn brittle.

The only people dying are the ones without guns sweetheart

There wasn't even a thread for it until a few days afterwards, and it was pretty chill from what I remember

>guns are no fun but bombs, swords, grenades and other weapons are available for purchase at Gar's

That's not how it works, idiot. Your guns protect you from criminals. If you try to gun down unarmed citizens, you're a terrorist.

Let's move the thread away from skeletons to something else: Like with Rebecca on SU, there's been a few moments on the show that Ian himself did additional boards for. Take this confirmed instance

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-21-09h44m29s077.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

Weapons used with real-life consequences are lame. It's like how fantasy sword-fighting has these crazy elaborate performances, but real-life fencing duels are actually extremely short.

They were going for a message that says if you don't like it, just get the government to make it illegal and that'll somehow solve the problem. That was literally the message.

I agree. What sort of world do we live in where high-caliber ammunition from precision weaponry can pretty much instantly kill a person? I miss the days of rusty claymores inflicting grievous wounds and dying very slowly of blood loss, assuming you weren't lucky enough to be knocked out by a catapult full of diseased severed heads.

another small bit he did was this part

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-21-09h43m51s041.png (1920x1080, 862K)

Still whining about this shit, eh?

Attached: f0a8d775ed9bcae69e2251a8b110388b.png (301x387, 196K)

Who said anything about gunning down random people?

he can be seen drawing this board in the mini-documentary about the Game Jam

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-21-09h48m57s424.png (1920x1080, 994K)

Dave confirmed on the r/okko discord that this entire bit was Ian's

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-21-10h00m08s891.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

KO fags have logged in.

Attached: 1509151435552.jpg (1157x772, 109K)

I miss when cartoons didnt blatantly attempt to brainwash kids

Attached: your sister.png (149x138, 2K)

Looks like crap.

This bit isn't outright confirmed, but it lines up with how KO looks in Ian's other bits, and happens in the middle of a scene otherwise boarded by Mira

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-21-09h54m52s664.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

>If I don't agree with the message, I'll call it brainwashing

Also, kids don't watch OK KO. It's all TTGo, which is fairly mindless for the most part.

And this bit was apparently recycled from a 2014 development board that Ian and Toby did, likely the one seen in this instagram post
instagram.com/p/oHgW15RAsi/?taken-by=ianjq

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-21-20h14m27s171.png (1920x1080, 785K)

>ummm it wasnt REALLY about advocating gun control *slurps vape*

Attached: 1521655256903.png (700x700, 151K)

I thought it was cute. It was definitely ham fisted, but it wasn't bad or anything, and I haven't even seen it aired on CN or anything other than it premiere.

>It was definitely ham fisted, but it wasn't bad or anything

You fags will forgive anything

Post cuties you drooling retards

Attached: 1510199751701.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

>the finale is Dave/Haewon/Stevie/Danny
this is gonna be WILD

Attached: dendy.png (1366x768, 355K)

That entire shitty cartoon should have just been replaced with the Penn & Teller episode on gun control. It would have probably done a better job of entertaining kids and gotten better ratings, despite being like 10 years old.

Attached: gay IQ.jpg (731x462, 29K)

>how dare you use the right words for things I don't agree with
more brainwashing, lovely.

>putting a gun control episode in a cartoon where the heroes both use and sell deadly weapons to fight evil

>implying gun are ok
Yeah America is great

Attached: download_1.png (680x381, 410K)

Naw, it was definitely bad. Especially from a show that did a more effective Captain Planet episode than literally any of Captain Planet.

Fuck you, of course it was. Kids see fantasy guns all the time in cartoons. I would hope their malleable little heads aren't gonna get fucked up because one episode of a shitty cartoon said that maybe a mexican standoff is pretty scary.

I will

Attached: 1508203855071.png (1654x1357, 386K)

>the pro gun song was a lot better than the anti gun song

I did not realize Kari Wahlgren also voiced Haruko from way back when. It's been so long since I've seen FLCL.

Attached: shannon_discount-supervillain.gif (540x945, 77K)

>the pro-gun song was written by the anti-gun guy who outright CALLED DIBS to board the ep when he heard the premise

I miss Galaxy, she was my favorite drawfag
Anybody know what happened to her?

Attached: Animal_Crossing_Pird.png (529x547, 76K)

Do you feel brainwashed? Are you actually scared of kids growing up hating guns thanks to this episode?

Attached: 1511489985002.gif (250x250, 87K)

>a teenager steal a gun from mom and dad
>let's ban all guns!
Blame shifting at its finest.

Attached: cute ko.png (876x930, 729K)

It was blatant propaganda, but I wouldn't have minded so much if the episode was actually good. Captain Planet was just environmentalist propaganda shamelessly shoved down kids throats, but the episode The Power Is Yours was fucking gold.

Attached: n1e4m1c5hmm01.jpg (776x960, 88K)

Listen fellas, I like OK KO, I also really like guns. But I went into this episode expecting absolute politics, and what I got was just a cute one off episode telling kids the dangers of guns. I will admit the last part was pretty stupid, with the congress woman basically just "fixing the problem" but eh, it is a kid show.

See? You are literally dictating your narrative there. You aren't pushing any argument, you are asking me question with loaded content that you already want me to answer in a single way. It is brainwashing.

Everything about the ep that *wasn't* related to the message was good

if the episode was pro-second amendment you would have shat thirty five paragraphs onto your twitter feed nobody reads

Environmentalist at least has root in logic and truth. who can defend polluting? The anti gun thing is purely feelings over logic.

Why is KO such a slut Sup Forums?

Attached: Slut.png (460x600, 104K)

I'm not arguing. Sorry if it felt that way to you, friendo.

Stop calling it brainwashing, you mental weakling.

Attached: 1501814961940.png (800x800, 322K)

So each board team did one Very Special Episode this season:
Geneva/Mira did Everybody Likes Rad?
Stevie/Danny did No More POW Cards
Dave/Haewon did The Power is Yours
Ryann/Parker did Let's Not Be Skeletons

how does "pro-second amendment" play out, though? Isn't every day of most of our lives in the US pro-second amendment?

She got stalked by a psychopath from trash/sug/ and went silent.

Attached: 1508736194698.png (207x223, 68K)

It's almost as if such a serious real world issue makes no sense to discuss in a comedy superhero cartoon for babies, and attempts to do so anyway deserved to be relentlessly mocked.

>implying a country isn't great
Oi guv, is that some hatespeech I'm hearin'? Put your hands up!

>he unironically thinks his guns can stop drones from dropping a bomb on his house

Environmentalism is blown horribly out of proportion in most fiction and pushed for all the wrong reasons. The Power Is Yours at least poked fun the fact that the villains in Captain Planet have no real motive, with Boxman asking how pollution is profitable and Dr. Blight just laughing and saying "who cares?" pretty much affirming that they're just strawmen.

"One man with a gun can control 100 without one." -Vladimir Lenin

Attached: brntdgajytj01.png (872x886, 220K)

Sup Forumsmrades have a wide variety of political viewpoints. Naturally, this makes anyone who visits here claim we're entirely made up of whatever the opposite of what they believe is.

>he thinks a drone can kick down your door at 3am and enforce government tyranny

Sup Forums please, you are the lowest IQ board on this website by a double digit margin, go back to watching your childrens media

Attached: Untitled.png (1112x530, 484K)

>Environmentalism is blown horribly out of proportion in most fiction and pushed for all the wrong reasons.
Outside of being treated cartoonishly, they aren't. Pollution is an issue, and it's not about polar bears. You are actually diminishing its impact on every day life, just because you are too lazy to just walk a few meter to throw your trash in a can.

>enforce government tyranny
The US would never do that. They'd make sure to label you as terrorists, first.

Um... Lord Boxman... I-I'd like to buy a Shannon. And could I get a few... modifications made?

Attached: ba62dbf442dc85173795122b98cc2e2e2ccafae9_hq.jpg (1024x569, 48K)

inb4 global warming faggotry

The episode should have been about mass-produced Shannons and everyone's right to legally own one

>he thinks the US military can drone strike US citizens without making any insurrection much worse
Imagine Vietnam but literally every military action turns public opinion against the government

I love how Rad, Enid, and KO have at least two love interests each. And then they still have room to love each other.

Attached: 1497632430540.jpg (1352x641, 131K)

>last known being stalked by a psycho
>never heard from again
S-she's okay, right?

Attached: sad_sans_by_chulitoelluchito-dbjqjq4.jpg (894x894, 32K)

The problem with environmentalism is that it's always pushed as a mix of nature-worship, being for the greater good, and how you can sacrifice your own pleasure/convenience/money to combat pollution or global warming instead of how letting your environment go to shit just hurts yourself. Actually showing an environmentalist solution being more convenient than the alternative would convey the message a whole lot better.

Attached: SweatGar.gif (500x435, 25K)

Who the fuck are Enid's love interests? And who're KO's?

>Lord Boxman tries to take over the plaza by spreading electro-gonorrhea.

oh, my bad. Just think real hard about who they could possibly be shipped with.

I guess only Rad's a fucking horndog.

Attached: 1503460282888.png (800x556, 227K)

So who's got the best track record of songs?
the Theme Song - Mint Potion Studios (aka Jake Kauffman and co)
It's Only Magic - Rebecca Sugar
both Rad and KO's raps from You Are Rad - Parker Simmons
that song from the end of Plazalympcs - unknown but probably Geneva and William
Boxman's Song (Stop Attacking the Plaza) - Lyrics by Danny Ducker, music by Parker Simmons
Every Second Matters (a Hero's Fate) - Parker Simmons
Barking is a Form of Arf (We've Got Fleas) - Ben Esposito (member of Arcane Kids, co-creator of Tattletail with Geneva)
Painwreck (KO's Video Channel) - Lyrics by Geneva Hodsgon, music by William Gibbons
Rad Likes Robots' song - Lyrics by Ian JQ, music by William Gibbons
Gil Ferris' song from Let's Not Be Skeletons - Parker Simmons
KO's song from Let's Not Be Skeletons - Ryann Shannon

I'm not dead, just not actively posting right now.

Attached: 1511482975603.gif (250x250, 56K)

It should have ended with the show being cancelled.

Do we have a date for the finale, yet?

It's confirmed to be April but otherwise no

>a world about superheros and vidya references thinks killing is evil
I hate this show now, it hasnt even ended its first season and its going down the forced politics route. Has any of the crew got insulted for this yet, and they call the critic a bigot NRA member back to them?

Attached: 38274932-6987-4EC4-B77B-265FDE0B50E9.jpg (500x479, 62K)

not gonna lie, that looks awful

You live in the wrong era friend, if anyone has criticized them you'll never hear about it thanks to how media is run

Attached: google and antifa.jpg (1080x1036, 513K)

What's really dumb is the character's aren't even dead, they're skeletons. There's even a gag where character called Real Magic Skeleton who gets shot by the ray and doesn't care because it doesn't affect him, until it's revealed it missed and hit the guy next to him. In a previous episode they were all irreversibly turned into furries and ignored the problem by wearing costumes that made them look like their normal selves and agreed to never mention it again. The writing in this episode was just half-assed.

Attached: 1507161481107.jpg (404x650, 108K)