Alright so let me get this straight...

Alright so let me get this straight, DC; You make a Hulk knockoff (which is weird because Hulk is already a knockoff of Solomon Grundy, which you created) as part of your new lineup of artist oriented titles, and the best thing they came up with is Damage vs. *insert name* going 3 issues running? I'm all for buildup but this isn't the best way to market a new character. I want to know more about Damage's character, not power level crap. His book is definitely the weakest of the lineup thus far, and I don't see him lasting if this keeps up.

So how would you "fix" Damage? Provided that you want him to stick around, what are some things you'd like to see done with the characters that Hulk comics might have misstep or done wrong?

Attached: damage.jpg (1296x1982, 517K)

You can fix Damage. He was bound to be as shit as the character he's based off of.

>Hulk is already a knockoff of Solomon Grundy

Attached: 1520457583929.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

>Solomon Grundy Oct 1944
>Hulk May 1962
Didn't help that he was originally grey either

Weapon H is doing it, but good

>more about Damage's character
>created for war
>didn't know he was used to massacre people
>just wanted to be a hero
>don't know about Damage's character
???

>Hulk is already a knockoff of Solomon Grundy

Hulk is literally "what if Doctor Jekyl turned into Frankenstein's Monster instead of Mr. Hyde". This is by Stan Lee's own admission.

Solomon Grundy hasn't always been to single minded brute that he is known for today.
He was actually pretty intelligent, and wasn't as physicalally strong as they make him now.

It's hard to at this point, and with Ewing's Hulk around the comer getting this book to a point where it can survive is near impossible.

>artist oriented titles
There's your problem, ma'am.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 9K)

I know Sup Forums doesn't read books (barely even read comics) but do you even know what the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is?

I don't see how adding claws to a hulk is anymore effective than a standard hulk
The comic doesn't have great pacing
It's a valid comparison, but yeah the Jekyll/Hyde thing isn't exactly a new concept

Have this cunt be useful. He can be Damage's rival, always trying to prove himself, but ultimately failing as Damage is able to demonstrate he has (compassion/bravery/X positive quality) that armor guy does not.

Attached: Damage (2018-) 001-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.13M)

>This is by Stan Lee's own admission.
That and Hunk was put into the Avengers because they wanted challenge since his book was struggling. If it wasn't for the Avengers, Hulk might have fallen into obscurity.

No shit, Einstein. Not like Grundy was constantly shifting back to Cyrus Gold. The point is Grey Hulk look visually similar to Grundy, but we can debate about that all night.

>we can debate about that all night.

Why would anyone want to watch you two debate that? Everyone already knows you're full of it.

So you're telling me Hulk wasn't a Solomon Grundy ripoff at the time?

>hulk is a solomon grundy rip-off because both of them are big and stronk

This is the same kind of retarded logic DC used to steal Captain Marvel from Fawcett

They started out as completely different characters and stayed different characters apart from superficial similarities which a ton of other comic book characters had. Whatever similarities they might have now can be attributed to their mutual influences in Jekyll and Hyde and Frankenstein's Monster, and a shitton of characters are inspired by those figures.
Grundy was a pastiche of Fredric March's Edward Hyde and was even described as looking like a scarecrow in his first appearence.

Even the argument that they had similar personalities isn't true. Grundy started out as a brutish villain with a childlike innocence to him and by the 60s had been reduced to a comical figure due to the Comics Code. The trend of making Grundy a simpleton who could only speak via nursery rhymes didn't catch on until his appearence in The Long Halloween.
Hulk actually started out as more villainous than Grundy and became more malicious as he got smarter, and after his series got canceled and he started to appear in Tales to Astonish, even though he did start to become more heroic, he was still extremely unpredictable and dangerous and just wanted to prove himself the strongest.

Attached: us-be-friends.jpg (409x412, 121K)

Grundy ain't got shit on old-school Hulk in terms of villainy

Attached: hulk destroy all humans.jpg (346x513, 98K)

I miss Grant

Attached: 55F105B8-7802-47CF-90C6-EC710495A0AE.jpg (519x800, 109K)

I just want to know what those red bits on his chest do.

That's fair. It's a loose comparison at best it seems, and probably not the best example of Marvel and DC's back and forth plagiarism.

desu, it's really fun seeing a trained soldier Hulk who is simultaneously tactically-minded yet somehow savage at the same time. Hard to fool, easy to anger.

Attached: Damage vs the Suicide Squad.jpg (2048x1575, 1.25M)

This is all just leading up to a Superman confrontation, isn't it?

It sounds like he shares a lot of similarities with the first Red Hulk.

i like it. its felt like a nice drip feed of story and mystery. where is damage heading? whats the secret of his powers? whats the military involving with the damage project. im having fun at least

Sort of. He's more like if Banner and the Hulk were a true Jekyll/Hyde deal with Hyde being wickedly cunning but too concerned with destruction once let out to utilize much of his higher intellectual functions. He all but masterminds their escape from the military by playing on Elvis' resentment towards his commanding officer so all his rage and hatred would give him the chance to leap forth.

Attached: Damage (2018-) 001-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.05M)

The real Damage

The problem with the title for me is that I don't buy Damage as being the strongest there is.

Maybe it just needs a She Damage, Shetruction if you will

Attached: She Damage.jpg (1512x2150, 851K)

Why is DC shooting itself in the foot with stuff like this and sjw pandering?

Don’t you mean DAME-age?

this

having Pak helps

cool art

That would be an EVENT and it will be called...
"The Second Death of Superman"

>artist oriented titles
Oh I fucking wish. Most of the artist will leave after a few issues.

Its always embarrassing to witness someone take 2 pieces of a 250-piece puzzle in order to reach perfectly wrong conclusions.

Imagine being so fucking dumb you think a medium where 90% of the content is driven by artists shouldn't rely on them more heavily. Not every writer is Alan Moore, in fact most of them are horrible at getting their ideas across to the artist. Letting the artist set up the framework and then letting a shitty writer do the finishing job for it makes so much more sense.

Because outside of the 60s, most of the times the artists have been given the reins it goes to absolute shit.

Did you seriously need a detailed example to only sort of begrudgingly admit that you're wrong. Good fucking lord if you're OP man you need to get your shit together.

why you're typing as if DC is going to read your shit post? Grundy is not a hulk knockoff, how dare you insult grundy. And damage is a shit character that shouldn't of been created in the first place so gives a shit.

Yea man, stuff like Solo was just fucking horrible. No coincidence the best stuff in the medium tends to be auteur shit where the writer and artist are the same either. You're pulling shit out of your ass and shoving the zeitgeist so far down your throat it's giving you heartburn. You're blind to the fact that the only reason writers became more important to modern comics is because their page rates are lower than artists, and in the post crash industry that meant hiring better writers was more viable than hiring talented artists. I mean for fuck's sake Marvel had writers using horrible 3d modeling for their art because they were too poor to pay artists. They offered Morrison equity in the company to stay on while they let Quietly walk away.

Attached: aku unamused.gif (480x480, 465K)

Damage is kind of a stupid idea, because his whole character is just "the Hulk, but without any of the opportunities for psychological storytelling"

How often do people ever admit they're wrong on here?

I disagree. Instead of Brain vs Brawn mental struggles, we've got Soldier vs the popularized psychotic image of what people think Soldiers are now.

Attached: Damage (2018-) 003-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.05M)

fpbp
Hulk is boring by design.

Artist oriented comics have historically sucked, see: The entirety of Image Comics up until they started getting renowned writers to run books. I'm sorry you just want to look at the pretty pictures, but the fact of the matter is that it just doesn't make for a good comic.

>historically sucked
>Kirby
>Ditko

Yes user, the comic book industry is still exactly like it was in the 60 years ago, you're completely correct.

You were the one who said "historically"

>new lineup of artist oriented titles
>This is the final issue by the artist

What was the point then?

No, this is the same logic used to put Fawcett out of commission.
Captain was sold until afterwards.

I can't help but think that this whole artist initiative is to grab more Marvel writers.

Hey, folks! Always wanted to do a Spider-Man story, but Slott kept him all to himself? Well, we can give you our legally distinct counterpart Sideways!

>and wasn't as physicalally strong as they make him now
It took the entire society of justice to hold him on golden age and he was going to break free if green lantern didn't bfr him