For a show like Family Guy, which season do you think the seasonal rot or zombification started setting in?

For a show like Family Guy, which season do you think the seasonal rot or zombification started setting in?

Attached: family guy.jpg (630x630, 94K)

Around season 1

Revival. Just at the revival.

I remember in High School, talking to my teacher about the possibility of a relaunch, and he responded "They would ruin it", and I remained hopeful, but he just said "They would ruin it"

Revival. The few episodes that constituted the revival arn't awful, and I'm sure a case could be made for maybe, maybe, saying that first revival season being excluded, but it was never the same.

I'd say the episode where Brian and Jillian break up is the tipping point, as Brian becoming single again has lead to a ton of really god awful episodes since then

To me the season with the Surfin Bird episode

Season 4

all since season 1.
Family Guy should have never existed and MacFarlanes reputation would have been better off with American Dad being his mainstream starting point as a career

Season 7. Seasons 4-6 were different to the original run, but they were generally entertaining in their own right. Season 7 was when everyone became unlikable, and the cutaway gags became obnoxious.

after the first or second cancellation.

Season 4 in general, but the Stewie Griffin "movie" specifically. Towards the end of this season is also when we get the first "shut up Meg" and it's all downhill from there.

Who cares about Meg, though?

I actually felt that was one of the better episodes of season 7.

Don't know when it zombified, probably the second year after it came back, but the Conway Twitty cutaways are just self-hate and the Peter and Carter team-up episodes are always absolute death.

Seth should have stuck with musicals.

Season 3 was a noticeable drop in quality. I stil reckon if it was just the first two seasons Sup Forums would be talking about it as a classic killed before its time

5 then rebounded later.

Season 20, according to my estimations.
You haven't seen shit yet.

>we get the first "shut up Meg" and it's all downhill from there
>implying becoming aware that people hated Meg wasn't the best thing the show ever experienced

Season 10.

I loved that fucking episode.

Same.

I didn't have internet at home when I was younger so I went to the library to use theirs and would watch new episodes on Hulu. You could only be on the computers for an hour at a time and when it was over I felt like I had wasted most of my hour. After that I started falling behind on newer episodes and telling myself I'd watch them later but I just never really felt in the mood for the show after that one.