Untitled

huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/26/comic-book-women-realistic-bodies_n_6761320.html

Attached: slide_406184_5074130_free.jpg (1111x1000, 385K)

Attached: slide_406184_5074138_free.jpg (1200x958, 241K)

Attached: slide_406184_5074128_free.jpg (1200x967, 330K)

They're just fatties. I don't get this meme. Obviously the hero's would be in great shape their job requires then to.

>everyone has to be fat
>even the two people hopped up on drugs by government super-soldier programs

Those bodies aren't unrealistic if, ya know, work out.

>Cap and Bats, an enhanced super-soldier and someone who does intense training can't be muscular

Why the fuck do they make them all fat? Why do they all need to look like dumpy midwesterners?
What’s with this fucking weird idea that no one can be extraordinary or special but has to be the exact same type of fat failure as the reader for them to in any way connect or enjoy it?
I can empathize with robots and sentient animals. I’m pretty sure I’m also capable of enjoying a story with a character in better shape than me. What the fuck is wrong with people.

Why are you posting a meme article from 2015

They should change the title from "fantasy to realism" into "then and now".

Attached: 1521674975159.jpg (634x356, 24K)

Superheroes who spend all day working out and training would have bodies like those.

Of the three you posted, Cap and Widow's bodies are realistic.

Ivy, on the other hand, isn't a combat type, doesn't train or work out, and her superpower makes people attracted to her against their will. I could imagine her being fat and flabby - it would just make her scarier.

Yeah let's just make a suit of armor look overweight instead of ripped and bulky

>"realistic" women's bodies from America means they're fat

it's funny because it's true and 70% of Americans are overweight

Attached: 1315012034238.jpg (515x515, 52K)

ACCCKKKKSHUALLY it's 74% ish.

In black women it's 17% MORBIDLY OBESE.

fuck off with your racist bs

Why would you ever want Super Heroes to not look super?

Stop falseflagging and fuck off back to Sup Forums

The CDC is racist?

>2015

>realistic bodies
Yeah because all realistic bodies look chubby.

But damn Black widow is kinda fine with the extra weight.

I know what they want to say, but to be honest, Steve and Natasha are soldiers or trained.
And this ignorance and envy that they are not fit triggers me.

Attached: buff soldiers.jpg (492x540, 79K)

>realistic bodies
>everyone's fat

uh

This is such a blatant bait and fit envy from this reporters, that it will always triggers me how dumb the premises is.

Attached: fit soldiers.jpg (540x705, 56K)

Attached: naked soldiers.jpg (964x569, 108K)

Attached: trained soldiers.jpg (576x1024, 96K)

Even if you spin it, that Ivy is a scientist, not all scientists are chubby like that.

Attached: fit scientist.jpg (1900x1275, 1.87M)

ima post pics of pro wrestlers

>those chins
reminds me of another feminist study that said that modern models were even more "skinny" now then in the 70s but actually the weight of models stayed the same but modern women just got fatter which meant that models weight even less then the average modern women in comparison.

why do liberals have such a problem with beatify and fitness?
people should try to improve themselves not pull down society to their low standards

That's the reality in the united states. I take it you're not from the US?

I dunno, I mean I a liberal and I don't have a lot of problems with it myself. I was obssessed with buff dudes being 'bearmode' for a while rather than triangular.

How many fat vegans are there?
Isn't she actually a plant anyway? Would photosynthesis make you fat?

It takes more effort to pull yourself up than it does to drag others down.

TL;DR - Huffpo, that bastion of journalistic integrity and wisdom, confuses "realistic" bodies with "average american" bodies. That's really all it is

Attached: The Ghost Who Doesn't Walk.png (967x1080, 256K)

Nope.

I'm fine with the thicc Ivy, but NOT THE PUDGY BATMAN

America really does have an obesity epidemic. Along with an epidemic of diseases that go along with that such as heart disease, diabetes and the like.

Then again, that seems to be a growing trend worldwide.

Attached: buzzfeed.jpg (1971x1362, 424K)

A medium that features aliens, robots, time travel, multiverses, demons, dinosaurs in the present day, and people not dying from radiation. Yet all they care about is the Heroes bodies not being realistic.

Every time this comes up (which is rather often) I always wonder if these people would argue for "realistic bodies" on olympiads.

Now, I do think there is a bit of a point here when you have characters like, say, X-Men's Storm who is drawn having a perfect figure when her powers have no real need for such. Oh, Xavier's little paramilitary school surely encourages overall fitness, can't have Ororo failing to call down lightning because she is out of breath walking out of the Blackbird, but there is no real reason she should have washboard abs either.

But its makes zero sense to want Cap to be fat when his very powerset was to make him the peak of human athleticism. Other heroes who have powers or training that encourage if not outright enforces peak physicality, they need to be drawn as such.

Indeed, most vegans are thin. Most vegans decide to live healthy and thus are better in shape than this sugar vegan.

>Every time this comes up (which is rather often) I always wonder if these people would argue for "realistic bodies" on olympiads
See this is rather interesting to bring up, because olympians have massive diversity of body. The thing is though they tend to be very specialized, whereas a hero like Batman or Captain America needs to be an all-rounder

Attached: different-body-types-olympic-athletes-howard-schatz-2.jpg (880x572, 167K)

I'm a literal anarchist militant and my group is into being fit and healthy as much as it is about pollitical organization

Must be a thing with americans more than pollitical allegiance

To be honest, Storm makes sense. We talk about Xaviers own paramilitary troops here. They are all in shape.
But i agree with you that every superhero that doesnt hand to hand combat need to have abs.
The only problem here is that they kinda hate artistic freedom. And besides making fun "what if" based on an artstyle, they like to portreat it as bad and toxic.
I never saw them re-enact other pictures. They just know that they can get bot sides for clicks.

Attached: pablo-picasso-women-of-algiers.jpg (700x540, 136K)

Which uh...
Which group?

You are right.
But the middle bodytype is only found in weights or throwing sports. So their complain doesnt make sense regarding what superheroes do.

Stop falseflagging for (you)s you dumb nigger

>Captain America

He's got Doctor Erskine's Secret Recipe coursing through his veins, no shit he has an unnaturally perfect body.

So this is the product of captain's daily exercise regime?
There are other heroes that don't exercise, you know.

>This is a parody

And a shitty one, Bulimia . com.