”We can’t properly critique animated movies because we are not animators and don’t know how the process of...

>”We can’t properly critique animated movies because we are not animators and don’t know how the process of animation works.”

How is this acceptable?

Attached: 3169B998-0111-4C7B-914A-6C649E0AB7AD.jpg (1046x1089, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l2Cf-6vKVWg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kX50REHezPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: redlettermediadead.png (797x480, 654K)

Seems reasonable.

How is it not? They're the type of critics who like to know their shit before actually critiquing.

I know it must seem strange coming from around here, where people just say "CalArts!", "Reddit!", or "SJW/Degenerate!" as criticisms and act like it means something.

Attached: 2you.jpg (1093x1099, 399K)

Help me understand this man.

Attached: 7B9A3765-5ACE-4DB3-9A0E-4D3E2738DE3E.png (1280x800, 1.43M)

They think The Incredibles is one of the best action movies they've seen in recent memory, so they are not far off.

He’s just your average alcoholic who is obsessed with ghosts and Star Trek.

he thinks ghosts are real and loves star track more than his wife

youtube.com/watch?v=l2Cf-6vKVWg

>Why they cant be like Sup Forums, where we complain about line thicknes while not knowing what it is

Attached: 1505895053653.gif (446x469, 1.17M)

>Images and discussion should pertain to media of Western origin

Take your junior modding back to Re ddit

Ghosts are real though.

He’s married?

>They refuse to criticize and pretend to be experts for a medium they lack knowledge off
If anything it makes me respect them more.

Do you expect Sup Forums to understand something like that? They'll give you a earful of opinions about shit they obviously have shallow knowledge of, like Anime and Video Games.

>”We can’t properly critique animated movies because we are not animators and don’t know how the process of animation works.”
sounds like Sup Forums

Attached: Everyone I do not like is reddit.jpg (204x247, 13K)

They can barely remember the live-action films they watch.

That looks nothing like Jay, he has much more boyish good looks than that.

Not him but trying to moderate a board you have no jurisdiction over is very Reddit and you need to go back

I just wish they had made a video on "The Emoji Movie" like they did for "Grown-Ups 2".

Why are you implying the whole board is like this when it's literally just an op and barely any user agrees with it?

>Watching their reviews

Pleb. I watch their skits and jabs at shitty youtubers.

That's probably fine. You could make it work, just be careful with how you word your criticism. Make it clear that you're looking at the film from the viewer's perspective, while acknowledging your lack of insight into how it's actually made. It doesn't matter if the animators worked super hard. If it looks like shit to the audience, then it's shit. That's not to say the animators are lazy or bad, but something definitely went wrong to make the final product come out subpar.

So can I start making Far Cry threads here now?

Attached: oscarvoters-survey.jpg (580x927, 71K)

>believes in ghosts
>drinks to forget movies
>drinks to forget people
>drinks to forget his show
>drinks to remember Star Trek

i'm still salty we have no interviews this years.

t. asspained snyderfag

That's some heavy implication there, friendo. Snyder sucks. Their reviews are just never that great.

Is Far Cry in any way related to cartoons or comics, Reddit? This is a thread discussing animated movies.

They're right.

>Taking the opinion of someone who believes in ghosts seriously.

It's media of Western origin. And no it isn't, this is a thread discussing RLM.

Fuck them for being so superfical about this, i want to see a red letter analyzation of SU

Doesn't matter because they don't know how to properly critique any sort of movie

SU isn't even a movie.

I'm an animator, I can legally say a movie is shit.

Attached: Kingcandydisney.png (421x396, 104K)

It seems ghosts are tormenting his soul.

Are you being obtuse? Far Cry is a video game. This is a thread discussing the qualifications for critiquing animated movies. You dont like it? Hide the thread or complain on your favorite subreddit.

>need to be food critic to say food is bad.

Well, that's their own decision and they have a right to it.

Surprising that they would hold that one though since they are HACK FRAUDS.

It's almost as if you're more qualified to have an informed opinion on a subject if you have professional experience and training on the subject.

The shit flinging neets on Sup Forums who hate being told what they can and can't do should try it out.

Sorry user, if you've not gone to a good trade school for cooking, then you literally have no taste buds and don't know the difference between something good and bad tasting.

No you don't, you just want to watch someone parrot your opinions and bitch about le SJWs for 20-30 minutes.

I still occasionally tune into best of the worst but the Rogue One thing sort of made me realize that their bitterness maybe wasn't as tongue in cheek as I thought.

Imagine adoring TFA and having nothing bad to say about it and then convincing every mouth breathing 80 IQ memelord that Rogue One was literally just all references
>it's shameless pandering that there's an at-st in a movie set one minute before a new hope ]
>literally just remaking a new hope is acceptable because winning the audience over or something

I think their rogue one review was honestly dead on.

FOOD ANALOGIES aside, it is about "Proper Critique" not just plain "Critique", less about saying "IT IS SHIT" and more about picking out the exact ingredient that makes it shit and how the way it was cooked influenced the entire product, with a explanation of how to make a proper dish with the ingredient next time since that is what they think that their viewers want.

They are wrong though since what the people really want is MORE BOTW SUFFERING.

They arent good with SW reviews really.

I thought they were too sweet on TFA but their review on Rogue One was the most accurate across the net

Jay is siphoning the life force of Mike and Rich. As they look worse, Jay looks better.

Their playful bitterness at the state of the industry has slowly turned into real bitterness as things get worse and worse.

That said, they did have bad things to say about TFA. They just didn't trash it and said it was overall a competent movie.

I'm talking about the AT-ST AT--ST AT-ST meme video and the nerd crew shit more.

Like, movie didn't need to be made, maybe? sure, i guess, movie has too many references? there's two really bad moments but as a greater whole, not really. Not like TFA, with the gratuitous swirling shit of luke and rey and the whole plot reference and all that.

But that's still an argument that, "If you can't cook you can't taste." An opinion isn't irrelevant or less relevant just because it's not offering constructive ways to improve it.

Demanding that an opinion can only be held if you can offer ways to improve it is unreasonable. Demanding that no opinion be shared unless it contains constructive methods of improvement is masturbatory.

sauce?

He is a meme, and being a snarly asshole is relatable to teenagers.

I would call that more parody of the culture of fans and nerds that will clap their hands and squeal with delight because they saw something they remember.

They were legit with Rogue One. It’s an objectively bad movie only made to sell old school Star Wars toys.

>Hey it’s those two gangsters from Tatooine!
>Hey it’s C3-PO and R2!
>Hey it’s Darth Vader who has absolutely no reason to be in this movie!
>Look it’s Grand Moff Tarkin!

TFA properly reintroduces all those classic Star Wars things so the film can stand on its own. Han Solo is an old war hero, Leia is general of the Resistance, R2 is a droid that this old Jedi called Luke ran around with. Rogue One does none of those things. Who is Darth Vader? What is his purpose? I don’t know if I’m objectively critiquing RO as a film.

The big issue with this is in modern animated movies, the animation is far FAR less important than the traditional story elements like you'd find in any live action movie.

Strictly speaking, the Emoji movie had great animation. It was animated well. It used top of the line animation techniques and highly skilled/paid artists that made the same kind of glossy animation you might find at Illumination, Disney, Pixar or BlueSky.

The animation was immaterial to it being a shit movie, as is the case in most animated films. If you have a basic understanding of how live action films are made, many of the techniques translate senselessly to animation, so you already have better qualifications to judge than 90% of the public.

AT-ST'S AT-ST'S AT-ST'S
STAAAAAAAAR DESTROYEEEEERR I'M GONNA CUUUUUUUUUM

How does it feel seeing cartoon and comic book series you love go up in flames?

Like seeing an old friend you haven't seen in years and realising they've turned into an insufferable cunt.

Fuck off Reddit

>He's this salty over his board's shitty and vague rules

Is this ironic? I can't tell.

Im just saying that it is probably more that they don't think they can wring out enough content from a cartoon other then the obvious, they have done cartoons on Wheel of the Worst/Plinketto like once or twice, so they can do it, but they might not be sure they can wring out enough content in the other formats.

I’m 100% serious. They went out of their way to CG Tarkin for what? The old white guy villain role was already filled by Krennic. Did we really need to see the two of them bicker over who commands the Death Star? He’s a giant reference and doesn’t need to be there.

To be fair, they watch a LOT of fucking movies.
1-2 new movies every half in the bag.
3 or more movies of pure shlock almost every Best of the Worst.
The countless other good movies they watch that they rarely talk about outside of Re:View and simple references to thinks with "This is like this movie, but worse" and "It reminds me of that one part in Star Trek (#) where (Person) did (Thing)"

Those hack frauds watch way more movies than the average critics, because they watch movies most critics would never bother touching.
It's not hard to see how they'd forget movies.

>grand moff tarkin has no reason to be involved with the death star
>vader has no reason to be involved with the development of one of the empire's potentially greatest assets
The gangsters and artoo are legitimately bad scenes, but I think they're also EASILY cut out of the movie with no detriment to it.

Why does Han Solo JUST SO HAPPEN to be there right as Rey is leaving Tatooine in the Falcon? Why does the New Republic just so happen to decide that the first order isn't worth their time and force Leia to make a militia that just happens to be basically identical to the rebels?

The answer is that the plot in TFA is conveniently structured so you can make a full on ANH remake and force in all of your favorite characters.

>30 years later
>haha X-WINGS nothing wrong with this!!!
>1 day before
>HOLY SHIT AT-STs HOW SHAMELESS CAN IT POSSIBLY BE

I won't even contest that Rogue One's pacing is out of whack and it has too many characters to develop all of them but the AT-ST thing is the dumbest shit ever to get it on.

>I didn't see any of the movies nominated for Best Animated Feature and I don't care
Mike should be an academy member.

Fuck you faggot, dont tell me why i do or dont want

For reference:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kX50REHezPY

Hit the nail on the head, huh?

Attached: ....png (600x458, 289K)

this still hurts to read

Attached: 1521429915735.jpg (400x591, 78K)

>Reddit is still bitching

>his wife
Did he marry that chick who was boring in a few of the episodes of the bad movie show?

SAUCE, you bastard!

By that logic, wouldn't we not be able to critique anything ever because we dont know the process of how something works?

That's like I cant critique a poorly put together house because I know nothing about building a house. Should I just accept that my house might come falling down, despite the fact I can obviously see they cut corners.

Stoklasa's interpretation of the throne room sequence from Return of the Jedi was pretty shit.

I can't wait to be a dying cancer ridden 80 year old fart in an asylum, hoping anyone finally fucking releases a Moon Knight movie and then looking up and gazing at the TV as the ad for the Star News: Neo Genesis begins. With fan favourites, 75 year old Rey and wheelchair-bound Flynn.

The movie doesn’t give us a proper introduction to those characters so we don’t know WHY they need to be involved in the creation of the Death Star.

Solo in TFA is just a guy who owned the ship Rey stole. The opening crawl told us the First Order is basically to the Empire what ISIS was to Al Queda is it made sense that Leia put together an army to fight them.

>not recognizing it
God this place is a dump

It's EXTREMELY convenient that the republic just decided "lol empire terrorists aint a big deal what could go wrong" so leia could have a literally identical rebellion to fight the death star after the republic got annihilated. Don't play.

Do you really need blatant explained introductions in the 8th real star wars movie? Honestly, I find those slow introductions for the new viewers in long-running franchises super obnoxious

Give it up

When did they say this? Is it in a video?

Attached: Mike.gif (200x200, 15K)

>Do you really need blatant explained introductions in the 8th real star wars movie?
No. user is saying the characters are there "because" rather than for the benefit of the narrative.

Can't they just critique the story rather than the animation? What movies have they actually said this about?

I don't know if I agree with that necessarily. Leia's present and in the position she's in because they wanted to make ANH2. Solo happens to be in the exact same place as Rey at the right time despite being washed up because solo needs to be there.

But the Falcon is alright in TFA?

It’s just a ship. A ship stolen from a war hero and sold to a junker on the same planet Rey was stranded on.

If it were in Rogue One, Felicity Jones would pass by it for no reason while she’s traveling through hyperspace.

That's a completely fair assessment and I had not thought of that. Thanks.

I think the difference is that the convicts and artoo are inconsequential even if they are bad moments. Meanwhile, The Falcon and rebels conveniently still having a reason to exist are front and center. They ARE the plot.

Did you guys see the final star trek discovery review? The retarded midget asks Mike " "How does it feel, to have lived long enough to see all your favorite franchises go down in flames?"
Sort of says it all.

he loves shitty movies and obsessed with star ___

Because I browse this board. I know you fuckers.