Friendly reminder that we will NEVER have shared and big DC cinematic universe with adaptations of Emerald Twillight...

Friendly reminder that we will NEVER have shared and big DC cinematic universe with adaptations of Emerald Twillight, Sinestro corps war, Tower of Babel, Forever evil or any other epic and emotional story with developed iconic characters.
Friendly reminder that everyone around you will forever convinced that Marvel is definition of superhero genre while DC is Marvel's rip-off with bunch of shitty characters, WW and outdated Batman.
Friendly reminder that Batman and Superman are considered enemies who hate each other, not best capebros of all time. Also Superman is boring, Batman is overrated.
Friendly reminder that we will NEVER have this scene on big screen as culmination of all what ever happened in superhero genre.

Attached: batman_dead_final_crisis_6.jpg (912x1446, 359K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0OYBEquZ_j0
youtube.com/watch?v=bblFOOb3RMQ.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>l, Forever evil or any other epic and emotional story with developed iconic characters.

Your taste is shit.

Tower of Babel is a lot worse than FE honestly.

Friendly reminder that DC is shit, has always been shit, and will always be shit and that you have shit taste

Attached: 1495480460978.jpg (400x700, 36K)

Elaborate or name better events to adapt.

>Tower of Babel

No thank you. Batman being a cunt is never good.

forever evil is a great event story tho

It’s going to be okay, man.

Can you even conceive of where those stories fall down first in cinematic terms?

Look, we all get it. You're new. You still think of comic books as being like storyboards that movies and tv use to block out scenes before shooting them.

But they're not. Not at all. Even the most basic books are often much more involved, panel to panel, in minutiae than a scene on screen can afford to be.

What happens is you end up with "extra" scenes in adaptations of those books, because you're not telling the whole story otherwise; or you have to cut things that were there, because they're extraneous to the progression of the story (but in a book, have the luxury of time and may be well-loved or even iconic).

From the get-go there's no chance that you can adapt a particularly long or involved story into a single movie; so you can't have, for example, Sinestro Corps War without several movies beforehand to explain the Green Lanterns, the other Lanterns, and finally who Sinestro is and why this obvious villain-in-waiting hasn't acted as a villain yet. Even leaving aside the tendency of Green Lantern stories to just be America In Space in terms of alien cultural mores - because plenty of bad sci-fi does that - we're stuck with a title that needs two movies to set it up, and will present a conflict which is over in probably 90 minutes.

With Marvel's Civil War - the movie, not the comic - the title was just there to quickly explain the concept of the movie. There would be conflict; the villains would take a backseat to internecine rivalries. But it was still built over several movies of character and world development, and didn't even try to approximate the awful comic book it was named after, borrowing little more than the concept.

And as much as we say it was like 10 guys fighting in an airport for 15 minutes, it made 1.2 billion dollarydoos.

Is that what you want for SCWar? To be set up by 2 Green Lantern movies, then to jjust be 6 dudes fighting in front of Sears?

An arc is not an event.

>Emerald Twillight, Tower of Babel
Oh fuck off

They should just adapt specific runs shot for shot in tv show form.

I don't care about movies
It is literally impossible for the movies to ever have the appeal of the comics to me

your taste is also (or still) shitte

ladderbro gotta ladder

Reminder that Snyder was so blinkered by his colossal failure of a vision that he fucked the launching point for the universe with an unsustainability old batman, a Superman who's already died 1.5 years into being a hero, a Wonder Woman who was a coward for 100 years, a turbo autismo for the flash, a drunk Aquaman and a cyborg with a bayformers design
Why was he ever picked to do anything past MoS? The man does not like Superheroes

>Friendly reminder that we will NEVER have shared and big DC cinematic universe with adaptations of Emerald Twillight, Sinestro corps war, Tower of Babel, Forever evil or any other epic and emotional story with developed iconic characters.
good, they'd suck

>I came up with every contingency that isn't someone walking into my house.

Tower of Babel isn't an Event

It's trash, and can fit in half a movie

>Emerald Twillight, Sinestro corps war, Tower of Babel, Forever evil
>epic and emotional stories with developed iconic characters

>Emerald Twillight, Sinestro corps war, Tower of Babel, Forever evil
These are all trash, barring Sinestro Corps War, which I've yet to read.

While some of your examples are shit (forever evil, really), your point is sound. DC has so many great or at least solid stories that could totally carry a profitable (and more importantly enjoyable) film if the studio just adapted the material mostly straight instead of hiring writers and directors who felt like they have to reinterpret or put their own twist on shit without fundamentally understanding the characters.

As much as I loathe box office showing posts, I hope Justice League box office gave them the kick in the balls they needed to figure that out. Probably not though.

Yeah, Snyder and WB fucked up pretty bad, eh?

These stories suck famalam. Give me an HBO Hitman adaptation and a Doom Patrol movie.

Apparently, judging by this thread, DC fans didn't want it anyway

>The man does not like Superheroes
They let Nolan make three bad movies and he HATES superheroes.

And Nolan's Batman wasn't a Superhero and wouldn't have worked in a shared universe, atleast Nolan had talent

Contrarians aren't fans.

Nolan is an absolute hack.

All of John's Green Lantern should be adapted as a series in the same vein as manga getting adapted to anime.

THIS

We're finally getting away from shitty Batwank and you want TOWER OF BABEL?
Bad taste, OP.

Will Snyderfags ever NOT embarrass themselves?
Compare this youtu.be/0OYBEquZ_j0 to this
youtube.com/watch?v=bblFOOb3RMQ.
Even if you absolutely hate his films, he made people respect and like Batman again. He became a cultural icon after years of being a joke leftover from the nineties.
Snyder decimated all of that goodwill.

Attached: 1514776179919.jpg (200x543, 41K)

Why does it matter if its all "shared"?
A good movie/series should stand alone anyways.

MCU set this idea that all the films MUST be connected in some big tapestry, which is cool. But theres more than one way to skin a cat.

They should do GL as its own thing, do all of it big and epic as fuck, then after all those spess shenanigans you can connect it to whatever else is going on, I dunno.

>Friendly reminder that we will NEVER have blah blah blah
Yup, and we'll never have pic related either. Why? Because Hack Snyder Titanic'd DCs movieverse before it could even get out of drydock. Thanks, Hack Snyder.

Attached: 998283.jpg (600x923, 173K)

>set this idea

It wasn't their idea. Today, most bloggers who get passed off as journos are too stupid to have any historical context.

They should do what they seem to be doing, which is making more stand alone films.

Cereal Lord has other things he needs to collect checks for first.

Wasn't that basically JL: Doom?

Snyder gave the keys to Marvel, it will take decades for Marvel films to lose sales, they have no strong competition and unless WW2 is lighting strikes twice (it won't) then it could be something like 2030 before we see DC heroes try and be relevant again.

Never say never. If I went back in time to 2007 and told you that in a year's time, Iron Man would be the biggest movie starring a Marvel character ever, that in five year's time, he'd be one of the most popular superheroes on the planet, and that in ten year's time, we will have not only gotten TWO Avengers films, but are gearing up for a third that's adapting the Infinity Gauntlet arc, you'd have said I was delusional.

Or, to put the ball squarely in DC's court, if I went back to 2004 and told you that a movie was coming that was going to revive the Batman franchise and revolutionize the comic movie genre, you wouldn't have believed it. Thanks to Batman and Robin and Batman Forever, the character was THAT reviled- a guaranteed box office poison, dead on arrival, untouchable character. Never getting another movie again. Never ever. And yet here we are.

Don't underestimate the tenacity of nerds who want to see their favorites on the big screen. If history's shown us anything, it's that they'll never stop trying, no matter how bad the odds seem. Things don't look great for DC right now, but I genuinely believe the day will come when we'll see a movie good enough to kickstart a cinematic universe, and one day, a Justice League movie that's actually worth a damn.

Attached: batman-and-robin-screen-2.jpg (714x478, 82K)

It's peak Batwank and most of the plans are retarded. FE at least plays to Johns' strengths and uses the Crime Syndicate in a cool way.

>none of them name a better event
Hmmm...

Attached: thinking-face.png (256x256, 53K)

Shared universes have certain advantages. Let’s look at Green Lantern for example.

Solo movie 1: Hal’s origin as a Lantern. Establish the Corp, show Hal’s potential, but don’t make Hal god tier. Establish Sinestro’s mentoring relationship with Hal.

Now with movies, you generally need something to challenge the status quo a bit, so Sinestro’s betrayal would work best in GL:2. But moving Hal to a place where he can take on Sinestro right away seems a little strange, to have such a sudden power jump. It’d be better to wait for a while before making GL:2 to give a better feeling of time progression. And since it’s more effective to show characters improving than to tell us they are....

Hal crosses into the rest of the cinematic universe.

JL: Hal is a founding member and shows that he’s become capable of standing on his own.

Now you can show that Hal is capable enough to fight his mentor with making Sinestro seem like a pushover for getting beaten by a newbie.

GL:2, Sinestro’s found out as a facist when Hal’s battle with a villain leads him to Korugar. Film continues develops Sinestro as a character and villain while showing off what Hal is really capable of. And introduce a second human lantern in this movie.

Now after such a big shakeup, there needs to again, be a feeling of time progression, of buildup, and a sense that Hal’s time as a Lantern is more than just high drama like this.

Throw him in another JL movie. Make a road trip movie with him and Green Arrow. Have other movies mention how he can’t help them with their problems cause he’s on a mission in space. Drop little hints of Hal getting corrupted by Parallax.

Then for GL:3 do Emerald Twilight. Because of the shared universe, the screen presence of Green Lantern isn’t entirely dominated by “ Oh I’m a Lantern now, oh my mentor is betraying the Corp, oh now I’m betraying the Corp”.

Now this is an autistic view of how a GL: series could work in film. But the point I’m trying to get across is that shared universe can potentially give a greater sense of scale, which is important to the DC and Marvel universes because that’s what they thrive on.

>The man does not like Superheroes
Literally nothing you described suggest he hates Superheroes.
TDKR & Kingdom Come both have old heroes and they are loved in all of comic fandom.
>a Superman who's already died 1.5 years into being a hero
Because they made it part of his journey into becoming a fully realized idealistic hero instead of it being a useless gimmick that has little to no effect on his personality like in the comics, Retard.
>Wonder Woman who was a coward for 100 years
Being a coward means your afraid of something, feeling like humanity doesn't deserve help or that accomplishing anything good is futile because of the rampant evil isn't cowardice.
>a turbo autismo for the flash
I will give you this one.
>a drunk Aquaman
Whose drinking has no effect on his heroism whatsoever and isn't bumbling or incompetent.
>and a cyborg with a bayformers design
False, the problem wasn't the details of the design, the problem was the crumpled tin foil looking armor plates he hate, see pic related when he smooths those plates out he looks great even with the details in the stomach.

Attached: nILyyGT.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

Nolan had no interest in using Batman's history, for example, he wanted no Robins. In his world view, it wasn't realistic and what he wanted was a realistic take. Does he hate superheroes? Maybe not, but he sure disliked intensely the source material - in most of it's permutations.

Fuck off, Robin was the only thing he actively did not consider outright.

There are shots in both BB and TDK that are straight out of Year One and Long Halloween, which Nolan referenced. Watch the extras, they specifically used aspects of every acclaimed Batman graphic novel that was handed to him. Even when he went off path with TDKR, he still went with Bane's origin to an extent and the backbreaker.

>Friendly reminder that we will NEVER have shared and big DC cinematic universe with adaptations of Emerald Twillight, Sinestro corps war, Tower of Babel, Forever evil or any other epic and emotional story with developed iconic characters

Good. Movie adaptations are always inferior.

Go away Disney

We'll never get the GREATEST post-credits scene that could ever be in a comic book movie.

Imagine a world where Supes was around for as many movies as Cap has been in for the MCU; being a beacon of inspiration, leading the Justice League, always pulling off the impossible Hail Mary that buys the universe more time.

But each of his movies end with a fist just wailing on a wall. Each time, more and more menacing. Until, at the end of Man of Steel 3, it breaks out and we finally see an imposing figure emerge. Justice League 3 would be the Death of Superman.

But we don't get that now.

Attached: imageproxy.jpg (620x935, 125K)

Cap a beacon? That sour depressing fuck is no beacon.