Shazam! is the story of a 14-year old foster kid (Asher Angel) who, thanks to an ancient wizard...

>Shazam! is the story of a 14-year old foster kid (Asher Angel) who, thanks to an ancient wizard, can turn into lightning-spitting superhero Shazam (Zachary Levi). It’s also set in the same DC universe that gave us Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, so it was only natural to assume that there would be ample brooding, wanton destruction, and at least 17 different, pointless subplots. Trying to get ahead of this criticism, Warner Bros. and New Line have bent over backwards to try and cast the film as “fun” and “family-centric.” The candy-coated synopsis, too, talks about “the joyful recklessness of a child,” and cracks wise about hero Billy Batson using his new powers to “skip his social studies test.” Oh, wouldn’t that be a trip?

>In a live video posted to Facebook yesterday, fans got their first look at the chemistry between stars Levi and Angel and, dear god, it’s exhausting watching two people try so hard to shoot rainbows from their eyeballs. “It’s a fun family movie and everyone’s gonna wanna watch it!” Angel practically screams at one point, the producers in his earpiece likely telling him to tone it down a notch. Levi, meanwhile, tries a more subtle approach, describing the film as “Superman meets Big,” but it isn’t long before Angel is again asserting that “it’s a family movie, people!”

>We’ll find out exactly how much pure, childlike joy a single film can contain when Shazam! opens on April 5, 2019, by which point DC will probably have already shifted tone a few dozen more times.

WHOSE READY FOR SOME FUN?

Attached: Untitled.png (848x723, 452K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.avclub.com/the-cast-of-fun-dc-movie-shazam-is-practically-vomit-1823990795
facebook
instagram.com/p/BglGdfyFRri/?hl=en&taken-by=henrycavill
youtube.com/watch?v=a2CDtOhsRJc&feature=youtu.be&t=49m10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol at that headline

>It’s also set in the same DC universe that gave us Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, so it was only natural to assume that there would be ample brooding, wanton destruction, and at least 17 different, pointless subplots
What absolute retardation. Why the fuck would things set in the same universe naturally have to have the same tone? Are these people even aware of what comic books are?

movie could have been fun I guess, but the DCEU just needs to die

YOU KIDS LIKE JINGLE ALL THE WAY?

WELL CHECK OUT SHAZAM BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME LEVEL OF QUALITY HOPEFULLY

Attached: rg1oipy2hkk01.jpg (960x1200, 197K)

>Why the fuck would things set in the same universe naturally have to have the same tone?
Because that's how the SUCCESSFUL one does it

Whoever chose that pic of Chuck with the shit eating grin to run under that headline is a genius.

This film is going to be such a dumpster fire. Why stop until they've ruined every major DC property?

news.avclub.com/the-cast-of-fun-dc-movie-shazam-is-practically-vomit-1823990795

Tfw I got freakazoid and this shit mixed up. Holy shit

My philosophy has always been that I don't care because they're not fucking with my New Gods. I even overlooked """""Steppenwolf""""" from JL.

Now they just announced they're fucking with my New Gods. All I can do is hope the studio shuts it all down before pre-production starts.

Attached: 1495523407446.jpg (1280x1757, 1.05M)

>People just want to bitch about DC movies no matter what they do.

This is really getting tiresome.

It's pretty hard to ruin something that's already shit but I applaud WB's effort

Attached: 1520766495312.png (596x298, 15K)

>Why the fuck would things set in the same universe naturally have to have the same tone?

Because when you get the same dour/edgy movies again and again and again, you begin to see a really obvious pattern and learn to set your expectations at rock fucking bottom.

To be fair, WB's marketing blitz gets really forced sometimes, like all the gay-baiting Cavill and Affleck had to do during the BvS press tour.

I miss Zack Snyder...

I guess maybe if you're retarded enough to be a DC fan

Everyone with an actual brain is loving it and hope it never ends

Attached: a5a.png (655x740, 727K)

>It’s also set in the same DC universe that gave us Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad

It's really not. They're not that dumb. If it's a hit, they're tying it to the future of a doomed franchise. If it's a failure, they've got the inexplicable addition of a Steel-style kiddie movie to the DCEU.

I don't doubt that they've made poor decisions, but this isn't one they're going to make. Nothing in the movie will tie it explicitly to the DCEU - references to Superman or whoever aside will no more set it there than they set LEGO Batman there - and after a few months, when they know which way it went, they'll quietly drop any reference to the DCEU in promotional materials. If it's a hit, they'll continue with it as the basis of a new crossover series; if it fails... lots of movies fail and are forgotten by year's end.

It's amazing.

Seems like they have more faith in this than with Aquaman.

>believing this gossip

Attached: 2A30F9B6-1A0B-4FD9-B0F6-CD90CDED3984.jpg (475x356, 68K)

>It's really not
It really is

Attached: 1520532673244.png (287x545, 297K)

The media is controlled by Disney, what do you expect? It’s also why they keep shilling The Last Jedi.

Did you watch the video, it is painfully forced

facebook /entertainmentweekly/videos/10156458490544701/

Attached: 1514409991739.jpg (905x881, 266K)

>It's really not.

It is, bro. Batman and Superman are referenced all the time, and Cavill might even be making a cameo.

Well if you read the spoilers it's not hard to see why this Alvin and the Chipmunks level piece of shit would be looked at as an improvement

>still trying to copy MCU even though Justice League flopped
Bring back Zack Snyder already.

>calling the original Captain Marvel "Shazam" just to satisfy Marvel cucks

Attached: 1440628130736.jpg (454x600, 28K)

>inb4 the Billyfags get upset about the name and the thread is derailed again

Yeah, someone seems upset.

“DC claims Shazam is fun, but there’s no fun in a film centered on an able bodied white male youth. And that’s a bad thing”

Too late
Hate to see how they react to "the shazamily"

Tell me about it.
>lost interest in comics years ago
>stopped visiting Sup Forums
>recently became interested again
>visit Sup Forums again
>live action threads everywhere
I mean, even chans with much less traffic than this one keep live action in Sup Forums.

>A Shazam film shouldn't be fun
You guys make me sick

>Everyone with an actual brain doesn't care
Remember that you're here because you're not one of them.

The fat boy looks funny.

My concern is Dwayne "My face needs to be everywhere" Johnson. Black Adam shouldn't even pop up until the sequel, and making him a mentor off the bat is dumb. Sivana should be the first major villain, and in the finale makes Mister Atom as his muscle. Then you can make Black Adam the villain in the sequel. Then if those don't suck, you bring in the Monster Society of Evil, who Sivana reaches out to.

Why are you anons pretending DC is being attacked for making a fun Captain Marvel movie and not because of how shallow and hollow and transparent their marketing is.

Watch the Facebook stream, if the kid whose playing Billy can't deliver lines better than he's delivering the "FUN FAMILY MOVIE" marketing script, this movie is in serious trouble.

Attached: 1495565770905.png (318x355, 352K)

You can try and deny it all you want but there's a reason people keep writing articles like this

Everyone loves to hate DC

EVEN the actors who have to be in it instagram.com/p/BglGdfyFRri/?hl=en&taken-by=henrycavill

I believe marvel sued them or something

Wnat the fuck kind of article title is that?

That article reeks of salt. Had they ever heard of Shazam before? Even the "edgy" Geoff Johns new 52 version is fairly child like as far as superhero comics go

This is no longer a movie. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun... We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of your assholes!

Attached: 2000px-Warner_Bros_logo.svg.png (2000x2085, 156K)

Billy should be a black guy, would be funnnier when he shouts SHAZAM.

>calling the original Captain Marvel "Shazam" just because you fucked up and lost the rights to the Captain Marvel name
unbelievable t b q h

They're not making a Captain Marvel movie, though. That's Marvel.

>Trusting in the press
>le current year

Attached: TLJ damage control.jpg (2694x3000, 1.96M)

The mouse went after Momoa and Affleck, maybe Cavill want no troubles. There are rumors he's gay. Besides, nobody want to direct MoS sequel because Superman is lame, ask George Miller

You want colors you fuckers? We'll give you so many goddamn colors your eyes are going to bleed. You want quips? We kidnapped Joss Whedon and promised him 20 barefoot acrobatic hookers- now he's producing 90 quips a minute.

That’s what they are doing. Sivana And the sins are the bad guys.

Will Shazam be the Donald Trump of movies?

Attached: suicide-trump.jpg (618x412, 56K)

I don't think you're happy enough. I'll TEACH you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!

Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family film. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm theatrical emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas movie since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when the audience squeezes their fat white asses down in that theater on opening tonight, they're gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

Attached: img_8708.jpg (913x1200, 205K)

>Asher Angel
You'd think by law of probabilities at least one of these interchangeable teen actors would have a normal name, but it do.

Are you implying Jingle All the Way is bad?

If he had genitals, he sure don't now after wearing that.

You can't, Disney owns that song.

I'm saying it's probably better than this

Of course not. Little kids don't just stumble into acting. The people that named them are the ones forcing them to act.

So wait, his name is Shazam, and the wizard's name is also Shazam, and Shazam is also the word used to switch between forms? That seems like it would get confusing.

I guess, but kid actors used to have normal names

His thing now is that he only transforms when he says the word AND is "focusing his willpower" or something like that.

They'll just call him "the Wizard"... and get sued by Nintendo.

I think The Wizard is no longer called Shazam in current canon

>You want quips? We kidnapped Joss Whedon and promised him 20 barefoot acrobatic hookers- now he's producing 90 quips a minute.
Whedon was already fired, he was done after badmouthing Justice League on his opening week because he was butthurt for not being allowed to start the movie with a pie fight. Don't be sorry for him, Disney already rewarded his services on discrediting the DCEU by hiring him to a new Buffy season via Fox. Remember Whedon was a rapist? He was when he was working for WB, now he's cool again

>he was butthurt for not being allowed to start the movie with a pie fight.

I think its because he knew he was polishing a turd. Hell, even the execs at WB were pissed at Snyder picking Steppenwolf for the big bad.

Give up, shill. Whedon himself said he wanted to start JL with a comical opening scene

>it's another jew movie

HYPE

No, the Wizard is still Shazam. Billy becoming Shazam is treated like inheriting the title, which isn't the Wizard's real name.

>they're calling him shazam

FUCK YOU

I forget is the Rock in this or not?

not

he was smart enough to get out before it was too late

Attached: Shazam-set-photo-7-Sivana.jpg (970x690, 116K)

He's getting his own movie

How do you know? That implies Sinbad's a good actor.

This motherfucker best bulk the fuck up for Shazam. I can’t believe they got someone with a weak jaw.

Attached: 55B9DF62-5FF4-4903-8DA1-DB9ABFD4CFA9.jpg (255x360, 23K)

Or that he's just better than the people in his piece of shit

Shut up boco

Because it's a ridiculous double standard.

but there's already a movie called shazam!

To be fair all of this is more entertaining than any DCEU movie

Who pissed on this dude's cheerios?

Disney.

Wait I thought Shazam was gonna be set in a separate universe

Weird thing to think

Jesus Christ what the fuck is wrong with this article? It’s so blatantly something based on particularly nothing

Aquaman probably has 5 different executives who all want something different from the film.
Don't get me wrong I am very excited and I hope it's a bit but it's gonna have tonal inconsistency.

>Yeah Shazam, Wonder Woman 2, Flashpoint, Suicide Squad 2, Joker Origins, and The Kitchen are probably going to be shit but at least Aquaman will be go-
youtube.com/watch?v=a2CDtOhsRJc&feature=youtu.be&t=49m10s

>Giving Sivana a scar
>Not making him a little weirdo

God damn it

Boco, you're starting to frighten me.

Does he have polio

>Disney didn’t pay the journal-

It's a who's on first bit waiting to happen.

It does seem needlessly aggresive.

Go home Griswold.

Attached: download (2).jpg (210x152, 6K)

No gramps

What the fuck is wrong about this? The actor describing the film for what it is?

To be fair, we're not pure enough to get a real Captain Marvel movie

Attached: 1493058785700.jpg (300x300, 15K)

How the fuck did they get Mark Strong to come back after GL?

Money

Allegedly.

when he saw GL didn't kill DC he knew he had to come back and try again

hopefully he has better luck this time